Kit Reveal: Darth Talon

Replies

  • The Sith cruelty bonuses leave when she dies, right?

    Thats how it should work, yes
  • Any ideas on how to use her in 3v3? If you dont want her omicron to be useless youd have to throw out Nihlius, and Im not sure that Im a big fan of that.

    Forget her with Traya in 3v3. Maybe Darth Maul lead… or her with Sith and Assassin and a tank…. except that leaves you leaderless…. just forget her regardless of Traya.
    3v3 FTW
  • The Sith cruelty bonuses leave when she dies, right?

    Almost all unique effects go away when the character with the unique ability dies. There are few exceptions. (like fives)
  • first order tie pilot
    first order tie pilot
  • Seems to be more about damage than funky abilities. Seems cool. Not insanely powerful, but useful.
  • Replace HK and this is a straight up buff for DR, no?
    +20 speed on one of the teams that makes the best use of speed.
    Complete prevention of "insta-target DR" strats.
    30% health/offense is going to do pretty similar things compared with +50% crit damage.
    DR becomes absurdly hard to actually kill.
    Malak easily breaks your ability to focus Talon because she forces that taunt/retribution onto Malak if you damage her too much.

    Because you're already breaking Sith Empire synergy, you can then replace SET/Marauder with some other useful Sith, like Traya or Palpatine - Probably more useful to replace SET if you were using him, in order to better force the taunt target onto Malak.

    Like, I know this probably sounds odd, but this lets you very easily get a DR up to 370-390 speed, which is going to outspeed almost anything that's not a GL, and with how DR + BSF + Malak works, outspeeding most teams just kind of auto-wins usually, and HK's damage output really isn't "needed" in most matchups, since DR's already hitting way too hard anyway, and Malak and his life drain is obviously bonkers.

    Seems like an interesting option, seeing as I haven't seen anyone mention it.

    Also could make the palp-lead DR hybrid really strong potentially, especially for people that don't have either SEE or LV.

    Could be.. an interesting use.
    She also feels decent for raids and potential use with LV.
  • Ultra
    9730 posts Moderator
    Artumas wrote: »
    Replace HK and this is a straight up buff for DR, no?
    +20 speed on one of the teams that makes the best use of speed.
    Complete prevention of "insta-target DR" strats.
    30% health/offense is going to do pretty similar things compared with +50% crit damage.
    DR becomes absurdly hard to actually kill.
    Malak easily breaks your ability to focus Talon because she forces that taunt/retribution onto Malak if you damage her too much.

    Because you're already breaking Sith Empire synergy, you can then replace SET/Marauder with some other useful Sith, like Traya or Palpatine - Probably more useful to replace SET if you were using him, in order to better force the taunt target onto Malak.

    Like, I know this probably sounds odd, but this lets you very easily get a DR up to 370-390 speed, which is going to outspeed almost anything that's not a GL, and with how DR + BSF + Malak works, outspeeding most teams just kind of auto-wins usually, and HK's damage output really isn't "needed" in most matchups, since DR's already hitting way too hard anyway, and Malak and his life drain is obviously bonkers.

    Seems like an interesting option, seeing as I haven't seen anyone mention it.

    Also could make the palp-lead DR hybrid really strong potentially, especially for people that don't have either SEE or LV.

    Could be.. an interesting use.
    She also feels decent for raids and potential use with LV.

    I think SET + Talon is a good combination because of the max health boost and having two tanks taunting whenever she drops below 100% health

    You can take out Talon whenever Malak stops taunting but SET being slow and a pseudo-pretaunt when he’s not taunting is good

    SET is amazing at high relics

    Only issue with a DR led team with Talon is healing her up to 100% health so she can continuously apply taunt when being targeted if the taunts on either tanks expire - her healing based on her stacks is tied to her omicron even outside triumvirate
  • Artumas wrote: »
    Replace HK and this is a straight up buff for DR, no?
    +20 speed on one of the teams that makes the best use of speed.
    Complete prevention of "insta-target DR" strats.
    30% health/offense is going to do pretty similar things compared with +50% crit damage.
    DR becomes absurdly hard to actually kill.
    Malak easily breaks your ability to focus Talon because she forces that taunt/retribution onto Malak if you damage her too much.

    Because you're already breaking Sith Empire synergy, you can then replace SET/Marauder with some other useful Sith, like Traya or Palpatine - Probably more useful to replace SET if you were using him, in order to better force the taunt target onto Malak.

    Like, I know this probably sounds odd, but this lets you very easily get a DR up to 370-390 speed, which is going to outspeed almost anything that's not a GL, and with how DR + BSF + Malak works, outspeeding most teams just kind of auto-wins usually, and HK's damage output really isn't "needed" in most matchups, since DR's already hitting way too hard anyway, and Malak and his life drain is obviously bonkers.

    Seems like an interesting option, seeing as I haven't seen anyone mention it.

    Also could make the palp-lead DR hybrid really strong potentially, especially for people that don't have either SEE or LV.

    Could be.. an interesting use.
    She also feels decent for raids and potential use with LV.

    Padme should still work on this.
    3v3 FTW
  • Talon is the ultimate plug and play for the Sith.
  • I'm really excited for this character. Please, please, please give us Darth Nihl too! That would be awesome! We need more sith characters!
  • Gifafi
    5899 posts Member
    Meh, not arena worth-err, nvm
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Darth Malgus, Bane, Krayt..... we need em all...

    Yes!! Pretty please? :#
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • Kiaowew wrote: »
    so... you can create very good animation for a character that is only in the comic book series, but not for GL Lord Vader who appears in the film series, games, comics. Embarrassing

    I really want to know your opinion about this @Ultra not much resources but pretty good animations even her basic is much more better than Galactic Legend LORD VADER.

  • Ultra
    9730 posts Moderator
    edited December 2021
    Kiaowew wrote: »
    so... you can create very good animation for a character that is only in the comic book series, but not for GL Lord Vader who appears in the film series, games, comics. Embarrassing

    I really want to know your opinion about this Ultra not much resources but pretty good animations even her basic is much more better than Galactic Legend LORD VADER.

    There are 150 issues to choose her basic from

    I also think it’s silly to complain about xyz character having better animations than abc character

    Games should keep improving animations on newer characters instead of going “Well this animation might be better than a fan favorite character’s animation! Let’s just worsen it down!!!”
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Kiaowew wrote: »
    so... you can create very good animation for a character that is only in the comic book series, but not for GL Lord Vader who appears in the film series, games, comics. Embarrassing

    I really want to know your opinion about this Ultra not much resources but pretty good animations even her basic is much more better than Galactic Legend LORD VADER.

    There are 150 issues to choose her basic from

    I also think it’s silly to complain about xyz character having better animations than abc character

    Games should keep improving animations on newer characters instead of going “Well this animation might be better than a fan favorite character’s animation! Let’s just worsen it down!!!”

    I think we’d vastly prefer LV’s animations to get upgraded than Talon’s getting degraded. New characters are looking great, but I hope that eventually other characters start getting updated to look similarly.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Kiaowew wrote: »
    so... you can create very good animation for a character that is only in the comic book series, but not for GL Lord Vader who appears in the film series, games, comics. Embarrassing

    I really want to know your opinion about this Ultra not much resources but pretty good animations even her basic is much more better than Galactic Legend LORD VADER.

    There are 150 issues to choose her basic from

    I also think it’s silly to complain about xyz character having better animations than abc character

    Games should keep improving animations on newer characters instead of going “Well this animation might be better than a fan favorite character’s animation! Let’s just worsen it down!!!”

    Its not like LVs animations were state of the art when he was released a whole 3 months ago, so lets not pretend that the difference in animation quality is due to gradual improvements over time. Were not talking about a severeal years old character here. And I dont think anyone is asking for them to make LV the new standard to which they should lower their new characters (god no) but rather would want to see him have the effort put into him that CG evidently are capable of, but Im pretty sure you already know this.
  • How many character release threads are you going to turn into complaints about LV animations? Are you playing on 1x speed to always see animations at their best? What a thing to always be harping on about.

    Visuals are definitely a big part of what makes a character fun to use. But if I only had JMK and JML like you and didnt use 2× the resources on LV I wouldnt care either.
  • Blvck_One
    3 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Her kit looks legit. Based on what I’m reading she has a lot of good uses for any Sith team.

    [CM - Edited for profanity]
    Post edited by EA_Mako on
  • So, can we get some clarification on her interactions with Jedi knight revan and Traya?
    If talon heals Traya after jkr’s max health reduction will she still only have 1 health?
    If so does talon at least prevent a character from dying in the same turn they were healed?
    Or will she die if there’s an assist chain like what happens to ig-100 when he stops at 1 health and then dies to a double attack or assist.
  • Ultra
    9730 posts Moderator
    Trenchfun wrote: »
    If talon heals Traya after jkr’s max health reduction will she still only have 1 health?
    If so does talon at least prevent a character from dying in the same turn they were healed?
    Or will she die if there’s an assist chain like what happens to ig-100 when he stops at 1 health and then dies to a double attack or assist.

    1. If Traya's ,max health was reduced to 1, then yes, Talon will heal Traya back to 1 health on a killing blow
    2. No. If someone did 500k x 3, to a unit that has 100k max health, Talon shouldn't protect the second or third hit from killing the leader
    3. So if the leader had undispellable Healing Immunity (from JMK or JTR), Talon would lose 50% health, but the lead wouldn't recover 100% health

    Similar to how JKR's savior works
  • PigRiderStarWatcher
    50 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    This character's damage and viability is pitiful.
  • This character's damage and viability is pitiful.

    What did you expect. She has the sith tag after all.
  • So, who will be the Sith Tank Leader coming to the game next year ?
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    So, who will be the Sith Tank Leader coming to the game next year ?

    Wait, Lord Vader’s not a Sith Tank?
  • Its not like LVs animations were state of the art when he was released a whole 3 months ago, so lets not pretend that the difference in animation quality is due to gradual improvements over time. Were not talking about a severeal years old character here. And I dont think anyone is asking for them to make LV the new standard to which they should lower their new characters (god no) but rather would want to see him have the effort put into him that CG evidently are capable of, but Im pretty sure you already know this.

    Might have something to do with him being the 4th Anakin in the game....there's only so many animations that are relevant for 1 character. He didn't spend much screen time fighting as Vader before the suit other than his duel with Kenobi and, visually, that was basically a Jedi duel. He didn't really have much in the way of DS moves on the screen before that duel.
Sign In or Register to comment.