Please - No more cantina farms!!

Replies

• Options
    TVF wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    I'm curious where OP would prefer a character be released, come to think of it.

In their inbox

I wouldn't say no to that.
  • Options
    MilHanso wrote: »
    khdelboy wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    nottenst wrote: »
    Magruffin wrote: »
    Jpfit262 wrote: »
    And yet fleet nodes continue to be left untouched.

They just put Omega in fleets about 6 months ago?

When is the last time we had a new DS hard node farm? All of the Bad Batch except Omega went on LS as did Fennec. If they end up putting another toon soon on LS or DS, I hope they go DS.

They seem to be doing it in waves, oversaturate one location while neglecting the rest. I think it's meant to prevent efficient farming.

They are running out of locations, so additional levels would be nice.

They are too lazy to do that. Besides, you can't milk dollars from new levels...

Except that it's been done before. You really think this game started with 9 boards in light/dark/cantina? What do you think was in them?

Eventually there will be more levels. All the fleet hard nodes will be filled and all the duplicate characters will be reduced to one location first, but there will be new levels.

Dude, what's your problem?? I was obviously just kidding. Duh!!

Obviously?

Look, I'm sorry I misunderstood you, I'll own up to that and apologize no problem.

But.... Obviously? Really?

TBH if I hated CG half of most here I wouldn't be playing the game.

Ha! Ain't that the truth! I was having a good time playing a gatchapon game a while ago, stopped enjoying it, played a little longer just in case things were added. They weren't, so I stopped playing. Didn't go on massive rants or anything, just deleted and moved on. Weird how many people keep playing this game despite their raging hate-ons, isn't it?

It’s almost as if having a development plan of “make a game from one of the most popular IP’s as frustrating as possible and make the solution to that frustration cost ungodly amounts of money” creates a frustrated player base. Weird.

You literally have to pay zero dollars to play this game what's with the frustration? Just be patient.

Do you seriously not understand that something can be free but intentionally designed to prompt the user to spend money?

Of course it can. But you act like because the game prompts you, you’ve got to do it. It’s only frustrating if you spend to accelerate yourself and then stop and can’t make the mental switch to going back to normal progression.

So just stay at normal progression in the first place and enjoy the game.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

When is the last time we had a new DS hard node farm? All of the Bad Batch except Omega went on LS as did Fennec. If they end up putting another toon soon on LS or DS, I hope they go DS.

They seem to be doing it in waves, oversaturate one location while neglecting the rest. I think it's meant to prevent efficient farming.

They are too lazy to do that. Besides, you can't milk dollars from new levels...

Except that it's been done before. You really think this game started with 9 boards in light/dark/cantina? What do you think was in them?

Eventually there will be more levels. All the fleet hard nodes will be filled and all the duplicate characters will be reduced to one location first, but there will be new levels.

Obviously?

Look, I'm sorry I misunderstood you, I'll own up to that and apologize no problem.

Ha! Ain't that the truth! I was having a good time playing a gatchapon game a while ago, stopped enjoying it, played a little longer just in case things were added. They weren't, so I stopped playing. Didn't go on massive rants or anything, just deleted and moved on. Weird how many people keep playing this game despite their raging hate-ons, isn't it?

It’s almost as if having a development plan of “make a game from one of the most popular IP’s as frustrating as possible and make the solution to that frustration cost ungodly amounts of money” creates a frustrated player base. Weird.

You may still stop playing, you know that this is possible, right? If you're so frustrated because of that then why the heck do you still play the game? The moment it stops being funny for me is exactly the same moment that I'll call it quits.
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • Options
    LOL more cantina farms. Glad I didn’t spend on this, but I can see them adding MJ to a hard node to promote spending to catch up to the rest. That may buy you time on relic materials
  • Options

Obviously?

It’s almost as if having a development plan of

You may still stop playing, you know that this is possible, right? If you're so frustrated because of that then why the heck do you still play the game? The moment it stops being funny for me is exactly the same moment that I'll call it quits.

Obviously?

Cool story, guy.
    But seriously, ppl like this are the worst.
  • Options

Obviously?

I wasn’t talking about my personal feelings on the game. The comment I was replying to made a comment on the feelings of the community. But comments like yours are a bigger issue. Game developers are becoming increasingly notorious (EA especially) for using shady business practices and development tactics in order to squeeze money out of players. This is not something to be encouraged. If you don’t care about a game enough to be bothered by it then good on you, but as a gaming community we need to stop giving money to companies that do this. With regards to this game, I’ve beeen playing since 2016. I’ve taken breaks when the game isn’t interesting anymore and now I’m playing again, but I stopped giving them money long ago because the developers have demonstrated many times over that they don’t deserve my money. I’m not alone in this opinion, it’s reflected widely throughout the community.
  • Options

Obviously?

I’m not alone in this opinion, it’s reflected widely throughout the community.

Yes, but the Star Wars community largely sucks.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Lol I can’t really argue with that tbh
  • Options

Obviously?

People in general largely suck ... The Star Wars community is just a reflection of society
  • Options
    Just give SW fans the same regurgitated stuff over and over again and it seems the majority with be happy. Problem solved.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    More cantina farm in level 7 is mean. Level 8 cantina farm would be welcome as you get to farm signal data at the same time, and level 6 or lower farm is good as it cost less energy and it is a faster farm. But either way, cantina farm is always better than hard node farm unless they change limit from 5 to 8+.
  • Options
    sloweagle wrote: »
    More cantina farm in level 7 is mean. Level 8 cantina farm would be welcome as you get to farm signal data at the same time, and level 6 or lower farm is good as it cost less energy and it is a faster farm. But either way, cantina farm is always better than hard node farm unless they change limit from 5 to 8+.

You don't get signal data from nodes with characters. At least not at this time.

Cantina is faster, for a single toon. As I and others have tried to point out, if CG oversaturates Cantina character farms, you may never get to farm Signal data again.
  • Champ_Kind33
    72 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    [/quote] I wasn’t talking about my personal feelings on the game. The comment I was replying to made a comment on the feelings of the community. But comments like yours are a bigger issue. Game developers are becoming increasingly notorious (EA especially) for using shady business practices and development tactics in order to squeeze money out of players. This is not something to be encouraged. If you don’t care about a game enough to be bothered by it then good on you, but as a gaming community we need to stop giving money to companies that do this. With regards to this game, I’ve beeen playing since 2016. I’ve taken breaks when the game isn’t interesting anymore and now I’m playing again, but I stopped giving them money long ago because the developers have demonstrated many times over that they don’t deserve my money. I’m not alone in this opinion, it’s reflected widely throughout the community.[/quote]

Their comment isn’t a “bigger issue”. It is up to you as a consumer to keep the companies you buy from in line. “Shady business practices” get called out, like EA did with the loot crate gambling controversy. If you don’t like a product, don’t buy it, as you say you do. It amazes me the amount of vitriol towards a game people continue to play, even though it seems to rile them up. There isn’t anything shady about putting 3 toons on cantina. As a matter of fact, it will only take me a month and a half to farm these toons at 3 refreshes a day (I’m already at 66/100 on Dash, with KK and Talon left) - from crystals I earn from GAC and other game modes. Then I can go back to farming signal data to get my final 2 GL’s. I like this game. And I looooooove cantina farms. Please release ALL toons on cantina CG!

• Options
    What if CG releases a new Cantina character farm every 2 to 3 weeks? When exactly would you go back to farming Signal Data?

I'm not saying that will happen. I'm not saying giving us these last 3 is bad. But many are failing to acknowledge the potential drawback if CG dials it up to 11.
  • Options
    What if CG releases a new Cantina character farm every 2 to 3 weeks? When exactly would you go back to farming Signal Data?

I'm not saying that will happen. I'm not saying giving us these last 3 is bad. But many are failing to acknowledge the potential drawback if CG dials it up to 11.

What drawback? People act like you are supposed to be able to have access to all the content for free. There is a reason the game is overloaded with content that takes too long to unlock. Either you pay for all content or you choose what content you want. It’s all available, it’s just not ALL available.
  • Options

You are correct, that won’t happen. If you know it’s fallacious to make that argument, why make it? The reality is, they haven’t dropped a toon in cantina in quite a while. Who was the last one? Moff Gideon? Aurra Sing? 3 brand new (possibly 4) toons in Cantina isn’t going to slow down signal data farming if you’re spreading your farm. I do things like farm signal data on the weekend and toons on the weekdays. That way I’m still actively getting gear/toons/relic together. There is a chance they’ll release Mara Jade on hard node, aggravating the people who love cantina farms. But, my bet is on her release on Cantina - which would be a win for everyone because it helps get to Starkiller faster.
  • Options

What drawback? People act like you are supposed to be able to have access to all the content for free. There is a reason the game is overloaded with content that takes too long to unlock. Either you pay for all content or you choose what content you want. It’s all available, it’s just not ALL available.

The drawback would be the inability to farm signal data.
  • Options

You are correct, that won’t happen. If you know it’s fallacious to make that argument, why make it? The reality is, they haven’t dropped a toon in cantina in quite a while. Who was the last one? Moff Gideon? Aurra Sing? 3 brand new (possibly 4) toons in Cantina isn’t going to slow down signal data farming if you’re spreading your farm. I do things like farm signal data on the weekend and toons on the weekdays. That way I’m still actively getting gear/toons/relic together. There is a chance they’ll release Mara Jade on hard node, aggravating the people who love cantina farms. But, my bet is on her release on Cantina - which would be a win for everyone because it helps get to Starkiller faster.

I didn't say it would or would not happen. It's not a fallacious argument. It's a hypothetical. How likely is that hypothetical? No clue. Anyone not working for CG is just guessing.
  • Options

What is preventing you from farming signal data? You read the first two words and responded. Read the rest of my post. You have to choose your priorities, or pay money to have both.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

Obviously?

People in general largely suck ... The Star Wars community is just a reflection of society

Nah. People in general are pretty chill.

What if a giant asteroid ends all life on earth? I'm not saying that will happen. I'm not saying a small meteorite is bad. But many are failing to acknowlege the potential drawback if a giant asteroid destroys us all.
  • Options

I didn't say it would or would not happen. It's not a fallacious argument. It's a hypothetical. How likely is that hypothetical? No clue. Anyone not working for CG is just guessing.

It's anxiety. Nothing more or less. You can farm signal data right now if that's what your roster needs. If your roster needs Dash Rendar more than it needs to bring Shoretrooper from r3 to r4, then you can farm Dash Rendar instead.

If you are getting more crystals now from the GAC changes, you can use those crystals to buy signal data while you farm Dash Rendar (who whoever), or vice versa.

I'm not saying that your conclusions are necessarily wrong. I'm saying that they're blown out of proportion and you're over-reacting. What do you need right now? Farm that. Starkiller? Is Starkiller what you need? Then farm these new characters with 3 refreshes a day and take a breather on signal data until you're done. Don't want Starkiller? Farm signal data to your heart's content, and if it turns out you need, say, Kyle Katarn for something down the line be thankful he's on a Cantina node instead of a hard node. This is still infinitely and demonstrably better than if they were all on hard or fleet nodes.
  • Options

Obviously?

I wasn’t talking about my personal feelings on the game. The comment I was replying to made a comment on the feelings of the community. But comments like yours are a bigger issue. Game developers are becoming increasingly notorious (EA especially) for using shady business practices and development tactics in order to squeeze money out of players. This is not something to be encouraged. If you don’t care about a game enough to be bothered by it then good on you, but as a gaming community we need to stop giving money to companies that do this. With regards to this game, I’ve beeen playing since 2016. I’ve taken breaks when the game isn’t interesting anymore and now I’m playing again, but I stopped giving them money long ago because the developers have demonstrated many times over that they don’t deserve my money. I’m not alone in this opinion, it’s reflected widely throughout the community.

And that's exactly the reason I'm F2P. I like the game but not enough to give CG my money. Simple, isn't it?
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • Options

It's anxiety. Nothing more or less. You can farm signal data right now if that's what your roster needs. If your roster needs Dash Rendar more than it needs to bring Shoretrooper from r3 to r4, then you can farm Dash Rendar instead.

If you are getting more crystals now from the GAC changes, you can use those crystals to buy signal data while you farm Dash Rendar (who whoever), or vice versa.

I'm not saying that your conclusions are necessarily wrong. I'm saying that they're blown out of proportion and you're over-reacting. What do you need right now? Farm that. Starkiller? Is Starkiller what you need? Then farm these new characters with 3 refreshes a day and take a breather on signal data until you're done. Don't want Starkiller? Farm signal data to your heart's content, and if it turns out you need, say, Kyle Katarn for something down the line be thankful he's on a Cantina node instead of a hard node. This is still infinitely and demonstrably better than if they were all on hard or fleet nodes.

Based on your responses, you are grossly misinterpreting my state of mind. I have said many times that I am glad to have these cantina farms.

The point that I was making is that a new Cantina farm every 2 or 3 weeks would be a drastic departure in farming economy for endgame players.
  • Options

What is preventing you from farming signal data? You read the first two words and responded. Read the rest of my post. You have to choose your priorities, or pay money to have both.

Which is a change in the energy farm economy for endgame players. If that change is prolonged, it will become a drawback from the status quo.
  • Options

Based on your responses, you are grossly misinterpreting my state of mind. I have said many times that I am glad to have these cantina farms.

The point that I was making is that a new Cantina farm every 2 or 3 weeks would be a drastic departure in farming economy for endgame players.

No one force you farm those char asap after they are released into cantina node(s)...
  • Options

Obviously?

Nah. People in general are pretty chill.

What if a giant asteroid ends all life on earth? I'm not saying that will happen. I'm not saying a small meteorite is bad. But many are failing to acknowlege the potential drawback if a giant asteroid destroys us all.

Unfortunately CG has a pretty strong monetary incentive to start throwing meteors at us.

But the analogy wars have gotten a bit stale for me.

I’d like for Signal Data to become more available, but this is a resource managing game. You can choose to farm signal data, or you can choose to farm the SK reqs or whoever else you need at the moment. Everyone else (besides whales) have a very similar choice. Whether there’s a right one, that’s up to you.

I also don’t see a lot of people complaining about new Hard Node releases blocking Kyro or Gear or Salvage farming. Signal’s a bit harder to get then Kyros but the choice is still there.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

As I said—I’m not saying you’re wrong. I’m saying that you’re blowing it out of proportion. Catastrophizing over something that could happen is what anxiety is. What would you call it?
  • Options
    One or two cantina farms in a row is fine, but now 3 cantina and maybe 4 in a row ... we are not saving time with that. We cannot farm them at the same time in parallel, we have to farm them one after the other.
  • Options
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    One or two cantina farms in a row is fine, but now 3 cantina and maybe 4 in a row ... we are not saving time with that. We cannot farm them at the same time in parallel, we have to farm them one after the other.

Wait for 2ndSis and more inquisitors being added to cantina nodes aswell. Will be fun :smile:
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    That's why it's important to save up 100K in crystals. You can buy 2 in shipments and farm the other 2... If you are desperate for starkiller