State of the Galaxy: February 2022 [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    I’m stilling hoping that they address conquest. Are they gonna make it fun again? Right now it’s a grind fest of boringness with lazy modifiers. The energy cost are to much, swapping data disks is lame, the amount of time it takes toons to recover is awful. The passes aren’t worth it and it’s lame AF that you have to buy them to get max rewards. Conquest sucks. If they want me to spend money on it they’re doing a terrible job. It makes me not want to spend money and makes me want to quit the game.
    Is there going to be a galactic chase for Maul? Or does that not make CG enough money?
    This was a lame SOTG… but this is what I expect from CG.
  • Options
    Crumb this news is kinda trash but none of us blame you for that we love ya man thanks for trying to make boring posts like this nice still.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    SOTG is only for this month

What else were you expecting was going to happen in Feb with 20 days left

Oh, I don't know, what about LV balance, gear changes, GAC bugfix, GAC compensation? You're kidding me right?

• Options
    The last thing we need right now is another toon to chase down. They need to fix their game and their communication with their customers. It's ridiculous how we are still with no answers and with just a bunch of bugs. The quality of the game as never been lower, they seem to forget that this is an official licensed product.
  • Options
    Something would have gone a long way would have been to end with: "We understand that a lot of players are concerned about the GAC cancellation and will be issuing an update on or before _______"
  • Options
    Yeah this is the future of the game : milk what little toons they have left to fill gaps still left via con chase , then they'll shutdown in a year.
    They're scrapping the bottom of the bucket already when it comes to main toons/ships they haven't included....I don't see what much more they can bring to this game (rando video game characters I could care less about not withstanding)
  • Options
    "Wait! Why is there no mention of Omicroned units in the above list? Omicrons boost the power of a unit. Adding an Omicron will move a unit up around a tier on the scale above, which means their final power varies based on the type of character. So where do they sit on the power scale? Marquee units with Omicrons get lifted up to somewhere between the level of a Journey Guide or Conquest unit, while a character like Starkiller (Journey Guide) or Boba Fett, Scion of Jango (Conquest) can rival a Galactic Legend in their specific mode with the right squad."

.... so Fat Boba is a Legendary equivalent like JKR/DR? Outside of TW? Surely not. He is far less viable than almost all legendaries.

With Omicrons in his specific game mode - he should be a GL equivalent? He gets beaten by a ton of non-GL comps on defense and on offense it is a 2:1 speed check you need to win and he can counter a single GL consistantly. All other GLs have comps that can negate any form of consistancy against him.

So no, even with 3 Omicrons (which is a very hefty price) he is far from a GL equivalent. He is more viable than Shaak Troopers vs LV. And vs Rey he is equally viable as GAS. Malak with SEE shuts down the entire counter and vs JMK he has no chance.

Yes he is viable, if you have a crap ton of great speed mods and your opponent is unaware of how to protect against him. But that is where it ends.
    Is there even anyone with a clue who tests what you release?

I am a big BH nerd. And luckily I theorycrafted enough to warn my alliance about your false advertisement and that they should not put all the valueable omicrons on.

So conclusion on fat boba:
    vs LV: consistant, but highly mod dependant.
    vs Rey: complex and inconsistant. Definetly no safe 20 banners and lots of RNG.
    vs SEE: impossible vs certain lineups.
    vs JMK: impossible vs almost all lineups
    vs SLKR: impossible vs most lineups
    vs JML: has potential, but then nobody places JML on defense.

was that your plan?
  • Options

Love that you continue to try and lower the bar on what our expectations should be.
  • LordDirt
    5042 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Why did they make a FO transport ship a tank? Will the FO Tie Pilot go with it?

Why did they make a Resistance bomber a tank? Will the Resistance Pilot go with it?

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    ADDRESS THE BUGS FFS!
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

Why did they make a Resistance bomber a tank? Will the Resistance Pilot go with it?

I'm pretty sure they will be pilotless ships.
  • Ultra
    11532 posts Moderator
    Options
    GaCvet wrote: »

Love that you continue to try and lower the bar on what our expectations should be.

I have low expectations and I've never been disappointed
  • Options
    mesa176750 wrote: »

I'm pretty sure they will be pilotless ships.

Figures
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    "Commander Ahsoka Tano shards move to where Razor Crest blueprints were available."

Does this mean she will cost 400? If yes then when? She is kinda where Razor Crest bueprints ar available right now
  • Options
    Lol I loved the part where they defined tiers, gl + Conquest character is the top (tip of the spear) and their example is jmk and cat.

So we're supposed to accept that lv and maul are superior to everything else in the game? Really? They still refuse to admit their (Lord) failure regarding this gl
  • Options
    Lol I loved the part where they defined tiers, gl + Conquest character is the top (tip of the spear) and their example is jmk and cat.

So we're supposed to accept that lv and maul are superior to everything else in the game? Really? They still refuse to admit their (Lord) failure regarding this gl

They literally have two posts already
    1) SLKR and Nightsister cheese
    2) LV overall balance after crit immunity fix

I see the last 10 paragraphs as a setup for an LV buff
  • Options
    Seriously Absolutely the worst SOtG, great 2 new ships, and then just a 3 page novel trying to explain and justify nerfs and restrictions.

Followed by 1 paragraph about everything people care about (gear, gac, crystals), that we still haven’t given you anything, not now, info will come later.

I’m really starting to think everyone on CG is lobotomized.
    No gear, no gac, no crystals, stuck in conquest normal cause of worthless 4mil gp req. I’m bored CG!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Outside of the 2 upcoming ships, this post is garbage! Give us real news!
  • Options
    That whole Meta section can be summarized in "We aren't reworking Windu, stop asking you plebs"
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    Well, the only real news was the 2 new tanks for Resistance and FO fleets. Everything else we knew. No mention of the GAC cancel or compensation for canceling it, or addressing the bugs and unclear text in the game.

This is a horrible SotG!
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Options
    Decent SotG. Need those tanks.
    hello
  • Options
    So after screaming for years we finally get another FO ship and Res ship. taking Res up to 4 ships. FOUR. Give us another one. Why is it so hard to make fully fleshed out fleets?

The current State of the Galaxy is a dumpster on fire. Looks like there's more nerfs inbound. glad I haven't invested in Dark Trooper yet.

CG, I'm going to give you some advice as a long time player. Stop releasing new toons when your current game is breaking in every mode. FIX YOUR GAME!! Every time the new Conquest is put into the game, some other game mode, or multiple modes, get bugged. Fix it.
  • Options
    Will the new ships discussed here require a pilot character or be crawless?

If they have no crew, then they will effectively not be tanks against Executor. I guess the first order one could be, if it works by stealthing others instead of taunting.

They suddenly ruined all the pilotless ships in the game with the release of Executor. What are nearly all the crewless ships? Taunters? Not any more!

Also, I'd rather have to gear up a pilot than have a pilotless ship now, as at least you can keep increasing the power of your pilot to keep up with the power creep, while the crewless ones are stuck with no increase available. You can also tune their speed with mods a little bit.
  • Options

Only this month?!? Last sotg was In November. So every 3-4 months they work for 1 month. Makes sense why we never get anywhere!

• Options
    K so where’s the LV update?
  • Options

Been a few bombers become tanks. Tie bomber, both Y-wings, hyena. So I guess same logic applied here.
  • Options

Okay, so are you implying that GAC and Conquest bugs are not getting adressed in February?
    Or, alternatively, are you implying that cancelling the main PVP event, and releasing the supposedly main PVE event with a crapton of bugs* does not affect the state of the galaxy?

*Here is a list of bugs the community collected in the first 4 hours after launch:
    - Mando vs Bando in S1 and at S1boss
    - ewoks freeze bug
    - defeating summoned units counts towards some feat, not for others
    - No Tanks description: 5 or 14 or 70 perhaps?
    - inflicting blind vs attempting to inflict blind
    - someone reported to not recieve the extra rewards from their conquest pass+

• Options

Been a few bombers become tanks. Tie bomber, both Y-wings, hyena. So I guess same logic applied here.

Ok, but a troop transport ship?
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    SemiGod wrote: »
    K so where’s the LV update?

You’ve not been paying attention. They don’t update LV, or change LV. The rest of the game is being changed around him. The great nerf of 2021 was in preparation for him coming. They knew he would be awful and rolled over way back then, but instead of making him better they nerfed the toons performing well against him. Since then they’ve nerfed more and changed toons AI, all to make LV not suck. It hasn’t worked.

This new SOTG mentions metas and changing stuff a bit too much to not be about the set up for more nerfs. So again, instead of changing Lord Failure, they’re just gonna ruin more stuff we like. Dark Trooper, I think you’ve had your day.

They are ruining the game for the worst character they’ve ever came up with. Whoever looked at Anakin and thought “Jeez, this guys an absolute tank” needs help. Whoever thought up a stupid kit based on having high health and some damage over time would be interesting and fun, needs fired.
  • Options
    CG: “The intent is that a counter to a squad should be roughly comparable”

Also CG: Here’s a marquee unit whose lead counters JKL’s
This discussion has been closed.