State of the Galaxy: February 2022 [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    SOTG is only for this month

What else were you expecting was going to happen in Feb with 20 days left

Okay, so are you implying that GAC and Conquest bugs are not getting adressed in February?
    Or, alternatively, are you implying that cancelling the main PVP event, and releasing the supposedly main PVE event with a crapton of bugs* does not affect the state of the galaxy?

*Here is a list of bugs the community collected in the first 4 hours after launch:
    - Mando vs Bando in S1 and at S1boss
    - ewoks freeze bug
    - defeating summoned units counts towards some feat, not for others
    - No Tanks description: 5 or 14 or 70 perhaps?
    - inflicting blind vs attempting to inflict blind
    - someone reported to not recieve the extra rewards from their conquest pass+

Sorry I forgot to mention that the list of datadisks doesnt seem to match the datamine, which of course is an issue
  • Ultra
    11541 posts Moderator
    Options
    SemiGod wrote: »
    CG: “The intent is that a counter to a squad should be roughly comparable”

Also CG: Here’s a marquee unit whose lead counters JKL’s

LOL
  • Options
    Fix your game then add more
  • Options
    SemiGod wrote: »
    CG: “The intent is that a counter to a squad should be roughly comparable”

Also CG: Here’s a marquee unit whose lead counters JKL’s

just wait until the inquisitors get nerfed after ppl spend hundreds of $$$ on them
  • Options
    Fix gac
  • Options
    What are CG thinking? They need time days or perhaps weeks to inform us about will happen to GAC and if we get any compensation for their mistake.

Instead they decide to write this novel and launch new toons that could be good in GAC the same GAC no one can play.

On a personal note I do wonder why they made an update to GAC in the middle of the season. With their track record they should know that best to not touch anything at least not when it’s been running for so long.

If it’s not broken please don’t touch it

Just don’t
  • Options
    💩
  • dantheman123
    67 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    So, nerfs we can expect...

GG nute vs SEE

Chirpa geos vs Rey

EP vader mara etc vs JML

JKR JKL etc vs SLKR

GAS vs Rey

Padme CAT vs JMK CAT

Troopers Shaakti vs LV

any others?
  • Options
    Yay!!!! More toons that will sit at 3 stars for a year until we can eventually grind them in the cantina for reasons!!!

So excited I can barely contain myself.
  • Options
    Last but certainly not least, Razor Crest will remain available where it currently is. It will be moving to its farm location sometime around the launch of Conquest 14. We will have more to share on this in a future update.

So we waited 1 year to have you tell us it will be 3 more months ?!?!?!??!?!

SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!?!?

WTH.

Does this mean CAT will be 6 more months?

How hard is it to stick to the 1 year schedule?
  • Options
    Last but certainly not least, Razor Crest will remain available where it currently is. It will be moving to its farm location sometime around the launch of Conquest 14. We will have more to share on this in a future update.

SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!?!?

WTH.

Isn't one year next month?
    hello
  • Options
    Wow what a dud of a SotG. A bunch of stuff we already knew re: Inquisitors and the new Conquest. The new FO and Resistance ships are nice but the fact that the photos they used aren't in-game models makes me worried that they're nowhere near ready for release into the game. A bunch of words to say not much at all about the meta. And finally the end of the post is pretty much just announcing that more announcements will be coming in the future.

Where on earth are the remaining bits of the phase 1 gear economy changes? Phase 1 was announced back in September. It's already February and if we need to wait for the RA next month then it's going to be almost 6 months since the initial announcement. And it's not like the announcement back in September was about looking into what changes to make. No, they literally already announced the exact changes they're making, yet they're still dragging their feet on this. Given CG's track record I would absolutely not be surprised if they're dragging this out so that they can then feed us some nonsense excuse about how they need to let all of the phase 1 changes settle in before beginning to think about what phase 2 will be.

Also not sure why people were expecting anything about the GAC make good in this post. Given that the SotG was supposed to come out last week it's obviously not going to cover any info about the GAC bug
  • Options
    From CG:

Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes Power Tiers:
    Marquee/Galactic Chase - ex. Second Sister, Iden Versio
    Journey Guide, Conquest Units - ex. Jedi Knight Revan, Commander Luke Skywalker
    Galactic Legends - ex. Supreme Leader Kylo Ren, Rey
    Galactic Legends with Conquest Counterpart - ex. Jedi Master Kenobi with Commander Ahsoka Tano

Is Maul considered the Conquest Counterpart to Lord Vader? Cos his power tier right now is faaaaaar below JMK CAT.
  • Options
    March 1st was the release date per google-fu

Today is 11 months & 1 week.

And they are saying it will be at least May.
  • Options

SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!?!?

WTH.

Should be 1 month (expected next conquest 14) not 3 months (that would be after 3 conquests and end of the new ship)
    So I think this was the only thing they might actually stick to hitting the 1year mark.
  • Options
    Nick_74 wrote: »

On a personal note I do wonder why they made an update to GAC in the middle of the season. With their track record they should know that best to not touch anything at least not when it’s been running for so long.

If it’s not broken please don’t touch it

Just don’t
    March 1st was the release date per google-fu

Today is 11 months & 1 week.

And they are saying it will be at least May.

C14 is march
    hello
  • Options
    Not wanting to shoot the messengers because I hate how toxic this forum is...

However not mentioning the GAC issues and every question that comes with that is tone death. If no information was available the SotG should have been delayed because it adds fuel to the forums feelings in all the wrong ways. 'We' may not be satisfied with answers such as razorcrest Farm and gear changes coming soon but at least it was acknowledged.

Most of what the post actually discussed as always is hard to care about as a player of nearly 2 years because I'm always going to be so far behind. I spend the odd bit of money - conquest pass, top up crystals etc and nearly have my first GL. Reading this however concerns me as it affirms another power creep. GLs +1 soon becomes GLs+2 and then a team (imagine Gas + 501st but as a GL). If the bar beyond 1 GL keeps rising it completely trivialises the rest of the game and journey.

If you take Ahnalds f2p guide as an example- just going after 1 B grade GL has taken a year of being really focused on unlocking and reaching relic levels of characters from primarily the same faction. By forcing players to take that route to be half competitive takes so much away from the fun that comes with building a roster and chasing journey guide characters and teams. A galactic rush can't be good for the longevity of the game.
  • Durango
    113 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I mean... In a vacuum, this SotG would be okay-ish. A lengthy post for very few information, but announcements of new units (especially very needed ones like the tanks for the FO and Res ships) are always welcome.

However, the whole point of a "State of the Galaxy" is that it should NOT be in a vacuum. The very purposes of these communications are to discuss of the current state of the game, and explains how CG is approaching the matters at hands.

And the current, single biggest matter in the game right now is how the GAC was botched and how everybody's have been losing their main source of crystal income. Each wins literally brings something like 800 or 900 crystals for the higher divisions. With the GAC closed down, the entire player's economy is slowed down, yet the game keeps moving on. This should have been the main focus of the communication, yet it barely has been acknowledged. What the heck?
  • Options
    I feel like this SotG got severely cut down due to being pushed back a week, for some reason. Announcing the Inquisitor faction, the new Conquest Ship and 2nd Sister, and more of the new details about Conquest would have made a much better post.

I get why GAC wasn’t addressed, because that was a sudden thing that, assumedly, still needs fixing, wasn’t part of the plan, and probably deserves its own post. But nothing about Gear? Nothing about LV? Nothing about Conquest, whether its bugs or its updates or its existance?

All we’re getting that’s really new information is 2 new Tank Ships. Other than that, the State of the Galaxy - which is supposed to cover all of this month - is more like the State of Last Week.
  • Saneth
    13 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    "[...] Galactic Legends - ex. Supreme Leader Kylo Ren, Rey
    Galactic Legends with Conquest Counterpart - ex. Jedi Master Kenobi with Commander Ahsoka Tano"

So strange that Lord Vader is not mentioned in this very long demonstration about power tiers.
    Would it make it break apart ? :)
  • Ultra
    11541 posts Moderator
    Options

GG nute vs SEE

Chirpa geos vs Rey

EP vader mara etc vs JML

JKR JKL etc vs SLKR

GAS vs Rey

Padme CAT vs JMK CAT

Troopers Shaakti vs LV

any others?

Chirpa Geos can one shot Rey Resistance?
  • Options
    So can we get an address on Lord Vader/Maul? They are listed as GL and conquest characters but on the list provided they are lucky to be in the marquee power tier.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

GG nute vs SEE

Chirpa geos vs Rey

EP vader mara etc vs JML

JKR JKL etc vs SLKR

GAS vs Rey

Padme CAT vs JMK CAT

Troopers Shaakti vs LV

any others?

Chirpa Geos can one shot Rey Resistance?

under the right circumstances, yes

https://swgoh.tv/video/26773-cheos-wreck-rey-one-shot-that-forehead-swgoh
  • Coran_Horn
    58 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    This is B—S— :s
  • Options
    NO mention of lord trash. They already happy they milked a huge chunk of players.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Supporting a healthy amount of theorycrafting? Transparency? Announcing stuff as early as possible? Are you sure you are talking about this game?
  • Options
    Thats a state of the galaxy? 2 new ships with no details, but probably none of it will fix executor which is the core problem of the game right now. No adress of the bad matchmaking on gac and tw. No adress of conquest beeing a useless grind or moving it to overlap dstb. And a hefty portion of it was about lies on why they needed to nerf half of our rosters 6 months ago that we still didnt recover from but they will nerf more.

I want to know who sells the mushrooms to the team, i would be willing to buy too. Delusional at best...
  • Options
    What a load of .... meh.

I'm still waiting for QGJ omicron resolution. That bait and switch was the worst
This discussion has been closed.