GAC, 2.5 mil difference against opponent

Prev134
Jiaka
19 posts Member
u1knwxt13mlc.jpg
8bgvyq9d3zpn.jpg
Soooo, can anyone tell me how this is a fair fight???

Replies

• Jiaka
    19 posts Member
    Options
    6 GL vs my 2 GL. That is NOT a fair fight!!
  • Options
    Your skill rating is the same, therefore it’s a fair fight by the conditions of GAC matchmaking
  • Options
    Jiaka wrote: »
    u1knwxt13mlc.jpg
    8bgvyq9d3zpn.jpg

Because who you get matched against has nothing to do with your GP or number of GLs?
  • DonPuto
    378 posts Member
    Options
    You gon lose lol
  • Options
    Your skill rating is the same, therefore it’s a fair fight by the conditions of GAC matchmaking

Many of these large accounts rarely play GAC since they just buy tons of crystals anyway.

Skill ratings being the same doesn’t mean the match is fair.
  • Thorozar11
    271 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    My last GAC week every one of the other 7 in my bracket had 2 more GL than me or 2M more GP. First autoset and I won handily. 2nd player had 2M (6M roster) more GP than me but 0 GL. He was a garbage player, won easily. Last guy had 2M more than me and 1 GL like me. I won fairly easily.

Skill rating means something. I expected to go 0-3 but swept the bracket.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I bet op’s opponent has been losing for weeks to set up this easy win!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options

Skill ratings being the same doesn’t mean the match is fair.

Darjelo said it's a fair fight BY THE CONDITIONS OF GAC MATCHMAKING, which is correct. By the conditions of GAC matchmaking, the same skill rating means the players are equally strong (combination of skill, roster strength, and one relative to the other (and even activity)), and therefore fair.

• bap1234
    126 posts Member
    Options
    somebody tell me or refute why the win/loss record and the gp should not account into the matchmaking so we don't see this.
  • Options
    bap1234 wrote: »
    somebody tell me or refute why the win/loss record and the gp should not account into the matchmaking so we don't see this.

People are on one big ladder. You win you go up, you lose you go down, and you fight people next to you on the ladder. Seems pretty fair.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    bap1234 wrote: »

The initial seeding was by GP and only GP. From there on all that matters is wins and losses. So, they all account into the matchmaking as it is.
  • Options
    Yup. GP was already taken into account.
  • Dianora
    123 posts Member
    Options
    See and raise. This is in Carb 3. My opponent auto-deployed and he's still going to win if he bothers to attack (we're playing for 1 and 2 for the week so he's been attacking this week at least).

pmsenthg9w09.png
    p4bthfkxfz20.png
  • trodat4030
    20 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Dianora wrote: »
    See and raise. This is in Carb 3. My opponent auto-deployed and he's still going to win if he bothers to attack (we're playing for 1 and 2 for the week so he's been attacking this week at least).

pmsenthg9w09.png
    p4bthfkxfz20.png

You can't be sure (s)he attacks. Maybe (s)he just tied twice with 0-0 and 'won' because (s)he has more GP.. It's possible...
    Post edited by trodat4030 on
  • trodat4030
    20 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    To all above, it's a complement to play against much bigger rosters, that means you are doing just as good with your smaller roster than your opponent does with his/her bigger roster. That makes you more effective and is actually a compliment.. Look it from that side, you should be proud in sted of angry..... Just my 2 cents..
  • Options
    trodat4030 wrote: »
    To all above, it's a complement to play against much bigger rosters, that means you are doing just as good with your smaller roster than your opponent does with his/her bigger roster. That makes you more effective and is actually a compliment.. Look it from that side, you should be proud in sted of angry..... Just my 2 cents..

Pride doenst pay for the 2100 crystals im losing per gac
  • Options
    There is always a reason why someone with a bigger roster than yours is at the same skill rating. I just won against a guy with 1M more GP than me, 6 GL to my 4, Exec r9 to my Exec r8. Why? He had a poor def, he failed on my Geos and Nego, and he had terrible mods. There’s always a reason.
  • Options
    ASDF6990 wrote: »

how many in a row have you lost
    hello
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Options

Why so ignorant? What makes you so sure that you are entitled to get these 2100 crystals and others not?

What people don't seem to understand here is, if the current system matches you with an oppoenent, then there is ALWAYS a realistic chance that you can win (BASED ON HISTORICAL PvP DATA). Regardless how many GP different and how many GLs you can count.

If you loose then it simply means you were not performing good enough or you had bad luck and your opoonent decided to wake up from his loog sleep and attack you instead of letting you win. Either way, you are not entitled to get the crystals. Period.

There are obviously people who think winning is the normal case in this game. Everything else than that is not fair. That's a misperception, especially for PvP.
  • rokota
    166 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think that skill-based matchmaking is working in an environment where "size" or "weight" does matter. Nobody would tell an olympic boxing champion in lightweight, "hey, you are sooo good, you can now fight others in super heavyweight class!" ;-)
    And there are a lot more sports competitions which have weight-based classes before skill comes into. Even in professional esports you don't have to battle others with a huge material advantage so why setting the level that high in a simple mobile game?
  • Options
    rokota wrote: »
    I don't think that skill-based matchmaking is working in an environment where "size" or "weight" does matter. Nobody would tell an olympic boxing champion in lightweight, "hey, you are sooo good, you can now fight others in super heavyweight class!" ;-)
    And there are a lot more sports competitions which have weight-based classes before skill comes into. Even in professional esports you don't have to battle others with a huge material advantage so why setting the level that high in a simple mobile game?

It does work neater in a game where there’s no material weight to things, true. But in a game where either large amounts of time or money were invested into building a good team, that investment needs to matter. Sorting people by GP alone was tried, and it didn’t work very well, because lean rosters with a focus on GLs or meta teams or super modding could consistently stomp any equivalent GP roster, while rosters people had built for TB or TW or Raids sort of floundered from bloat.

And my consistent argument, is if making an investment would move you into playing with a group of people who already have that investment, then what’s the point of that investment.
  • Options

You don't understand, you are a victim of your own succes..
  • Options

Fun fact: professional Sumo doesn't have weight classes. As long as you're 167 cm tall and weight at least 67 kg (thanks Wikipedia), it's fair game. The current Yokozuna is 192 cm tall and weight 177 kg. This guy whaled hard.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

Fun fact: professional Sumo doesn't have weight classes. As long as you're 167 cm tall and weight at least 67 kg (thanks Wikipedia), it's fair game. The current Yokozuna is 192 cm tall and weight 177 kg. This guy whaled hard.

Not only that, but some fighters actually do fight up in higher weight classes. But of course only of they have a good W/L record, so that's nothing like this game... oh wait...
  • Options
    Jiaka wrote: »
    u1knwxt13mlc.jpg
    8bgvyq9d3zpn.jpg

I have had 2 million GP diff multiple times since hitting Aurodium and Kyber.

My last round i had over 3.3 million GP difference in my first round and I still won.

Just because you are outmatched by GP doesn't mean you can't win.

I am 8-1 in Kyber 3/2 since I came down from Aurodium 1 , my only loss comes from another player with similar GP to me that played very well.

Alost every single one of those matchups had a massive discrepancy in GP, and I still easily managed a win for the most part.

vbphzdkqmeej.png
  • Options

One fundamental difference is in those sports weights are human weights. They don't change a lot or often. A lightweight champion is not likely going to eat themselves into heavyweight fights. OTOH in this game the "weight" keeps growing as part of the game. Furthermore, how and where to grow the weight is actually also part of the skills in this game.
  • Options
    guys a week ago my opponent had 5.5 gp and I had 1.4. He never participated and I won
  • Options
    Just went 0-3 in the last week, so this week I get easier opponents right? Nope. Me: 1.1M, 4z, 0r. OP: 2.6M, 19z, 43r (7 r5+). Early game players getting screwed hard on “skill”.
  • Options
    Kathark wrote: »
    Just went 0-3 in the last week, so this week I get easier opponents right? Nope. Me: 1.1M, 4z, 0r. OP: 2.6M, 19z, 43r (7 r5+). Early game players getting screwed hard on “skill”.

keep going 0-3 and youll find your spot
    hello