Meet CG_Tusken_Meathead - Get to know me

Replies

• Options
    Welcome to this great community CG_Tusken_Meathead. Grats to your new position and good luck. Looking forward to hear from you soon. By the way very nice, sweet and lovely cat. As long the cat doesn't perform the meme "heavy breathing" every time you take the cat food into your hand :joy::joy:
    Even though sometimes some could be "harsh" but in general this is one of the best part of the game. Worldwide united community who share one great universe and conntected with this game. Hope you see the best side of this game during your work.
  • Lumiya
    1486 posts Member
    Options
    Welcome to the Freak Show!
    I hope you enjoy working with us.

To me the most important thing is communication. Of course there will always be things not everyone likes or agrees with, but I think as long as there is a civil and constructive dialouge, everything can be cleared.
    I think one of the most important things for many of us is to not feel ignored when it comes to important topics or information.

And I will leave it at that to give you time to settle in and get up to date 🙂

Btw, you do know that cats are actually Aliens spying on us and plotting to take over the world, right?

We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    Welcome tusken_meathead!

I must say it is wonderful to see you interact with the community so quickly! Such a breath of fresh air!

To keep it short

The user base
    It’s Star Wars!

Dislikes:
    - lack of communication from CG
    - character nerfs
    - Gear economy changes promised and not delivered
    - Outrageous pricing new items raise price Vs depreciate old items
    - Rotation of challenges and events, days with nothing
    - Lack of any type of playground to learn team possibilities
    - mode based omicron abilities(why by mode :/)

See are sooo happy to have you here with us!
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    SpyderCel wrote: »
    Hopefully this brings you up to speed.

Lord Vader needs 501st Legion
    Ship Loadouts well overdue
    Kyber 1 should be the only division with 3 fleets on D
    We're still stuck on the Gear Change part 1 of like 5
    Contraband Cargo event doesn't reward shards on the last tier
    Simmable HSith raid
    Area to test teams, especially now that Omicrons exist. We need to rely on streamers before making good decisions. When it's good enough we can apply them right away theres a good chance they get nerfed without refunds.
    And possibly the most important thing... We're still only getting 3 Clone Wars Chewy shards. He's accelerated, it should be 6 and it's a disgusting we're still getting jipped on him.

A few of my own recommendations...
    Mods should be handled differently. Instead of a max of 500 unused mods (this prevents moving mods while full), there should be a max total mods of 500 + (6*characters available).
    Add ship mods, and I'll die in that hill....

Thank you and good luck.

PS, awesome cat.

Thanks for the list!

How about any recommendations for me, Arena Padme team was my last team.

And she's alright, when she's fed, when she's hungry she's a bit of a menace. haha

That's no way to talk about Padmé
  • Options
    Hello there Meathead!

Glad to see a fresh presence on board, welcome.

I would like to ask the following:
    Do you intend to pick up topics that have been already opened and might be unpleasent (such as the galactic chase droprate)?

I could see both yes and no as a valid answer: after all these things happened before you joined the team and you probably know little to no about them, on the other hand, these are pressing concerns. Some of them has been flagged by Doja as "i am trying to get an answer on this topic" with no followup ever.

So what is your position on these half-hot half-cold cases?

Once again, welcome, enjoy your time with us.
  • Options
    Good day Meathead!

I hope you don't get to overwhelmed with such a new space (as well as balancing your old as well)

A few quick tips since you're coming back:

1. Start a farm towards a GL (SLKR and the First Order are a great start)
    2. If you're not wanting a huge grind like a GL, go for Darth Revan or General Anakin Skywalker (still some of the top teams)
    3. Grand Arena is the best way to get crystals make sure you hop on that boat next time it comes up
    4. Find some fun star wars characters to level/gear up as a passion project! Many older characters are double shard drops now making them much easier to farm!

Now, I know your are getting up to speed with the state of the game but I want to make this known as a 5.6 million Kyber 3 player that I (and MANY others) are not pleased with the change happening to ships in upcoming grand arenas. I am a F2P player and I don't have the time or resources to farm regular ships (no double drops on those) or the Capital Ships Raddus and Finalizer (which are 10 shards A MONTH) so this is going to be extremely hard for me personally but also for many people within my guild and division.

Maybe this could a Kyber 1 thing? As they would be the top of the top and actually have the ships available to use. Or possibly a change once more ships and capital ships have been added? Many fleets still feel incomplete (though the recent additions of the Star Fortress and Tie Echelon were great) and to drop this on the community without saying why or giving hope that more ships are coming soon is VERY demotivating.

Thanks for listening and I hope your life doesn't get to crazy balancing everything!

PS Give the kitty a treat, she is very cute!
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    366 posts EA Community Manager
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    meathead, are you still the CM of DSA too? Or do you have someone replacing you on that front?

Managing two communities can be difficult, and taxing

Indeed I am, I will be splitting my duties to help out the CG team.
    Welcome!!! Looking forward to have you on the team. Often times, we as a community don't feel we get enough interaction with Capital Games and it was good to see the team set you up to succeed by letting us know what's going on with everything. Thanks for jumping right in and being up front about everything!

Here are a few things I'm hoping to get feedback on using your beautiful format :smile:

I like GAC because it provides much better interaction than the squad arena ever did on a day to day basis. I think it was a fantastic idea that CG tied it to the crystal income.
    I don't like that GAC and TW have the exact same region format every single set. I think it would be great if we could mix up the geometry and provide some different zone formats. (i.e. 3 front zones, 2 middle zones, 1 back zone for GAC. Something like that.). TW is especially stagnant.
    I don't like that mods have a difficult interface to upgrade and search for specific mods one at a time. It would be great if we could bulk upgrade mods for example.
    I don't like that mods inventory has a cap of 500. With so many new characters since the mod cap of 500, this no longer makes sense. Ideally it would be much more (or even no cap at all).

If I could pick one area of the game that needs some healthy review by CG, I would pick mods as the tools at hand are not what the players need. Perhaps CG could interview some content developers and receive feedback from the community on what ideas they have on how to upgrade the current process? That would be some great interaction between CG and the community!

Awesome! Thank you for using the format haha

You'd be surprised how much easier it is to provide feedback back to the team when I know exactly what the person is thinking haha So I really do appreciate that.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    Options
    Welcome, Meathead!

You have too much to read, so I'll try to keep it short.

I'm super happy to have you here.

Please talk regularly with the community.
    Even if you don't have updates on stuff. That's what we've been missing the most in the past years.

I like the fleet nr increase in GAC that's incoming, because it allows us to use more of our roster. I collected ships so that I can use them, not just the top 4!

There is a major issue with Malevolence and specifically the player summoned Vulture droid's replacement. It should be assisting 70% of the time, but in practice its 0%. This started with last patch, anf rendered this fleet completely unusable since. Furiously, CG never acknowledged the bug despite filing lots of bug reports including videos. Please have this highlighted to the Dev team, just to know that it will be looked at at some point.

Thank you!

Happy to be here and help where I can!

And thanks for the heads up, I'm in the process of getting the lowdown on things andwill most likely lean into folks here as well too :)
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    Options
    WiseJedi wrote: »
    Welcome to this great community CG_Tusken_Meathead. Grats to your new position and good luck. Looking forward to hear from you soon. By the way very nice, sweet and lovely cat. As long the cat doesn't perform the meme "heavy breathing" every time you take the cat food into your hand :joy::joy:
    Even though sometimes some could be "harsh" but in general this is one of the best part of the game. Worldwide united community who share one great universe and conntected with this game. Hope you see the best side of this game during your work.

She definitely knows when the can opens, that's for sure :)

Happy to be here and help the CG team for the time being!
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    Options
    Lumiya wrote: »

To me the most important thing is communication. Of course there will always be things not everyone likes or agrees with, but I think as long as there is a civil and constructive dialouge, everything can be cleared.
    I think one of the most important things for many of us is to not feel ignored when it comes to important topics or information.

Btw, you do know that cats are actually Aliens spying on us and plotting to take over the world, right?

Why do you think I'm trying to be friends with one, I want to be on the good person list when that happens.

And I agree, civil and constructive dialogue is key and both parties need to understand needs and boundaries.

It'll be a fun ride for sure!
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    Options
    Decicrim wrote: »
    Welcome tusken_meathead!

I must say it is wonderful to see you interact with the community so quickly! Such a breath of fresh air!

To keep it short

The user base
    It’s Star Wars!

Dislikes:
    - lack of communication from CG
    - character nerfs
    - Gear economy changes promised and not delivered
    - Outrageous pricing new items raise price Vs depreciate old items
    - Rotation of challenges and events, days with nothing
    - Lack of any type of playground to learn team possibilities
    - mode based omicron abilities(why by mode :/)

See are sooo happy to have you here with us!

I'll definitely be dipping into what folks like or don't like, so I appreciate you giving me your list, it'll help me more than you know :)
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    Options
    DCNR wrote: »
    DCNR wrote: »
    Welcome, and thank you for helping out the community :smile:

Hope you're ready to battle some EA sith overlords when you communicate feedback from the community - the dark side is strong with this game...

It's all about that happy balance right?

I know most anger is rooted in passion for the game to succeed, so I welcome constructive criticism.

I'd rather sit down at a table and eat food and discuss things with folks, don't really have the lung capacity to battle these days haha

You're absolutely right - and you can always trust, that people love the game and want it to be better... This is everyones motivation here.

And I agree that taking the calm and constructive way is the best way... Problem is that, we've given constructive feedback for the past 2-3 years now with little to show for it... Barely an acknowledgement in return...

We're now at a point where there's zero QA, zero anti-cheat, zero development of community driven wishes (for instance a training/sandbox mode, and a real-time PVP mode) and minimal QoL updates - only new characters to buy and QoL that was giving as constructive feedback 2-3 years ago

And if you have the option between giving feedback in a calm constructive way, and being ignored....Or letting the hate flow and being ignored, it's so much more fun to let the hate flow :smile:

Well hopefully we can have those Calm and constructive conversations haha
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    Options
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Hello there Meathead!

Glad to see a fresh presence on board, welcome.

I would like to ask the following:
    Do you intend to pick up topics that have been already opened and might be unpleasent (such as the galactic chase droprate)?

I could see both yes and no as a valid answer: after all these things happened before you joined the team and you probably know little to no about them, on the other hand, these are pressing concerns. Some of them has been flagged by Doja as "i am trying to get an answer on this topic" with no followup ever.

So what is your position on these half-hot half-cold cases?

Once again, welcome, enjoy your time with us.

I'm currently getting up to speed so it may be a moment before I dive into the hot and cold cases from the past.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    Options
    Tudd wrote: »
    Good day Meathead!

I hope you don't get to overwhelmed with such a new space (as well as balancing your old as well)

A few quick tips since you're coming back:

1. Start a farm towards a GL (SLKR and the First Order are a great start)
    2. If you're not wanting a huge grind like a GL, go for Darth Revan or General Anakin Skywalker (still some of the top teams)
    3. Grand Arena is the best way to get crystals make sure you hop on that boat next time it comes up
    4. Find some fun star wars characters to level/gear up as a passion project! Many older characters are double shard drops now making them much easier to farm!

Now, I know your are getting up to speed with the state of the game but I want to make this known as a 5.6 million Kyber 3 player that I (and MANY others) are not pleased with the change happening to ships in upcoming grand arenas. I am a F2P player and I don't have the time or resources to farm regular ships (no double drops on those) or the Capital Ships Raddus and Finalizer (which are 10 shards A MONTH) so this is going to be extremely hard for me personally but also for many people within my guild and division.

Maybe this could a Kyber 1 thing? As they would be the top of the top and actually have the ships available to use. Or possibly a change once more ships and capital ships have been added? Many fleets still feel incomplete (though the recent additions of the Star Fortress and Tie Echelon were great) and to drop this on the community without saying why or giving hope that more ships are coming soon is VERY demotivating.

Thanks for listening and I hope your life doesn't get to crazy balancing everything!

PS Give the kitty a treat, she is very cute!

Thanks for the tips! I had a few people say I need to get GL based on my current teams available in the place that they are and I appreciate your feedback about the other things too. I'm still getting caught up on all things GoH so it was much appreciated.

oh trust me, she gets PLENTY of treats haha
  • Lumiya
    1486 posts Member
    Options
    Lumiya wrote: »

Why do you think I'm trying to be friends with one, I want to be on the good person list when that happens.

And I agree, civil and constructive dialogue is key and both parties need to understand needs and boundaries.

It'll be a fun ride for sure!

Haha as someone who had cats in the past I know exactly what you mean. 😅
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    Hey Meathead welcome!
    I remember interacting when I led a club (or group of clubs) in DSA and you were very good with your communication and a positive influence on the discord so I'm glad to see you here albeit temporarily!
    (I had to give up DSA unfortunately due to RL time commitments etc)

I couldn't help but notice your Tusken tag and as the only player in the game with three R9 Tuskens which are an incomplete faction I am hoping that they finally get some love 😅
    I did a kit concept a while back (pre book of Boba) for additional toons but its missing the Tusken Warrior from the show.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/234461/tusken-rework-tweak-concept-to-complete-faction#latest

Looking forward to good things to come.
  • Options
    welcome..

I did like Conquest until CG changed it and made it so that P2P win more than us F2P..

I do like the crystal changes from Arena to GAC, I actually earn more..

Requiring more fleets in GAC when even Red 5 or more quality ships are not available or on the Horizon is HORRIBLE game design..

When the SWGOH Discord Server is releasing news and information rather than on the Official forums, that is a problem.. Official Forums should be for SWGOH news and information, not Discord..

• Options
    Welcome to the community. For the most pressing of questions:

What is the Cat's name? Can I pet said Cat (if regionally convenient)? If I cannot pet, please pet on my behalf.

For my actual comments (but seriously, pet the Cat), some context. I am a F2P player since April 2016. Currently 8.6m+ with all 6 GLs, just unlocked Starkiller, and have every toon/Ship at 7 star up through Iden/interceptor. I am a daily player who has been in the top of arena since year 2, and have a great guild (which makes high end F2P possible).

Suggestions for what to go after:
    Whatever you please. This is a fun game if you play it to have fun. There is a faction that works well in some capacity in the game. If you want high-end PVP teams, get a GL, but otherwise play the game the way you want to play. I am a collector so I am focused on getting toons to 7* as they are released for the f2p farm.

Don't give more of your time to all the haters than you need to. They are emotional vampires and will suck the life out of you if you let them. Don't. You are the voice piece between the community and the devs and unfortunately, that carries a large target. Honesty and transparency will get you through. Also Whiskey.

What I would like to see as a Guild Leader.
    Increased transparency when it comes to bugs. the Trello board is a good start and you should probably check that out to see what is on the list to help answer questions or push on something that has been relegated to the black hole called "Backlog".

Better Guild leader/officer tools in TB. It is currently not possible to see whether a player has deployed ships vs. characters, or if they have done certain attacks in each zone. This is one of the bigger complaints among my officers and a simple change to each battle that shows the listing of players (like the raids) would fix this issue and help us track down missing combats/deploys.

What I would like to see as a player:
    Bring back marquee events at the 1-year anniversary of their release. There are portraits and tags that I cannot get (specifically for the starkiller/inquisitorus toons recently released) because as a F2P, you cannot compete in the final round of each marquee. I dont care if the Omicrons are removed from the re-release (would be nice to have) but re-runs of the events would be nice for the collectors like me to fill out those missing titles/portraits.

A hail-mary pass, however my favorite game modes are TB and Raids, mainly because the guilds need to work together to theory craft and beat them. A new raid that includes a ship combat in the middle (Deathstar raid?) would prevent the full clear solo in a different way than the Crancor, but would also give us a new area for the guild to come together to beat.

In conclusion:
    Welcome and MTFBWY
  • Options
    Adorable cat btw. Got 4 myself. Welcome to the community. I don't envy you.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Hello there!

Glad to see you on the forums and sorry that you got set up with a dumpster fire caused by the permanent dev team with their changes and lack of testing.

Happy to be here!

If you wouldn't mind, as this will help me

Give me 3 things you like, dislike and would suggest to me, about SWGoH

I love the eras of lore the game has brought. Old republic, OG trilogy, prequel, legends, sequels. It’s great.

I dislike the lack of communication on important topics and the lack of urgency or action on QoL changes for the game.

I would suggest to you to never take offense to the community. It’s a passionate one without a doubt but any anger is not directed at you. You’re unfortunately the middle man of communication between players and CG/EA bosses and catch the flack for it. Idk how it is with DSA, but here people like TopCash (sarcastic name for @CG_TopHat ) calling the shots are all about the bottom dollar too much forgetting customer satisfaction and care.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, anger is never directed at the CM. Until their last day when we say "Good luck! P.S. you suck at your job "
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Meathead, 2 questions:
    1. Who is the human in the pic?
    2. Was it really a good idea to hire a cat to increase community engagement?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Yeah, anger is never directed at the CM. Until their last day when we say "Good luck! P.S. you suck at your job "

Towards yes. Directly at them? No

Anyone who trashed doja on his way out should be ashamed
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Meathead, 2 questions:

At least a cat will occasionally walk across the keyboard. Any communication is better than none, right?
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Welcome @CG_Tusken_Meathead. I really like your open style to communicate and interact with us. Though only a part-time job here, it feels like you posted alreaey on your first day more replies than @CG_SBCrumb_MINI and @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI did in the last two years. It reminds me of Dojas beginning here with his Solicitation of Interest thread. I hope you will keep talking to us and not adapting their style of radio silence.
  • Options
    Hi, welcome and I'm sure you know the situation...99.99% of us love Star Wars and playing this game and we are generally not swayed by you-tubers, whale demands and just get on with the general grind on getting toons to Relic and unlock GL's. We (well me!) would like a bit more transparency on where we are going, we have so much speculation from you-tubers that its hard to filter the **** from truth - so my advice would be tell us straight, tell us before and TEST (and re-test, Beta check and test again) new toon interactions - because we all put a lot of effort into this game and we get a bit fed-up when you NERF good toons.

That's my piece - hope you read it and feed this back to the devs and CG.
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Meathead, 2 questions:

At least a cat will occasionally walk across the keyboard. Any communication is better than none, right?

One of mine likes to jump on my back in the middle of a Teams call with my boss and groom my head. I think they're more a distraction than helpful.

@CG_Tusken_Meathead I think the main thing I would like to see are the promised changes to the gear grind. It may not make a difference to whales or those who were around when the game started, but the gearing process is so tedious with everyone needing the exact same gear, meanwhile I have 1k+ mk4 carbantis gathering dust.

With the amount of new characters CG have brought out lately, all requiring kyros, it becomes impossible to keep up without spending money.

I would also like them to make Conquest less of a tedious borefest. Don't just give me one Tusken node in the whole mode. Give me Jawas, more BH lineups, more variety. I'm sick of seeing GAS and DR everywhere I go.
  • TheDude420
    439 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    It’s so exciting to see someone here representing CG, engaging with the community the way you are.

Please apply for this job full time!! Or at least help coach your permanent replacement.
    Post edited by TheDude420 on