GAC, 2.5 mil difference against opponent

Replies

• Options
    Stop complaining. The point of the new GAC system is that everybody must have fun playing it. If you're not having fun, you're doing something wrong.
  • Options
    Kathark wrote: »
    Just went 0-3 in the last week, so this week I get easier opponents right? Nope. Me: 1.1M, 4z, 0r. OP: 2.6M, 19z, 43r (7 r5+). Early game players getting screwed hard on “skill”.

keep going 0-3 and youll find your spot

I am in carbonite 4. My spot can’t be much lower. Am I to believe that there aren’t similar players to me to be matched against in the 30k folks in my division? The SR needs a GP/z/r based bucketing prior to brackets.
  • Options
    nah
    hello
  • Options
    rokota wrote: »
    I don't think that skill-based matchmaking is working in an environment where "size" or "weight" does matter. Nobody would tell an olympic boxing champion in lightweight, "hey, you are sooo good, you can now fight others in super heavyweight class!" ;-)

This isn't a very good analogy. The further a high gp player moves down, the less of their gp they can use.

Also the better a boxer is; they usually do move up in weight classes (ok with adding weight that doesn't add to their height and natural build).

Which actually isn't relative anyway. As weight/gp in SWGOH can be used very efficiently or not. Like a like a top lightweight boxer fighting a huge big fat couch potato. Sure the big guy has the weight............but he ain't no favorite!

Some of the GP whines yes aren't winnable, but most are. I have a guy in my guild that complain every week. And every week I go to swgoh.gg and show him how winnable his match up was.

• Options
    @Jiaka
    I mean, your in the top end of kyber. What else do you expect... I'm in kyber 3 at 4.4mil GP fighting people between 5.5mil and 8 mil gp... It's the way it works now .. yes it's unfair this particular fight but at 7mil GP you should be able to find none GL counters to all but JMK realistically.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    WELL, OP??
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • JollyBrandX
    42 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I wouldn’t stress to much OP, I’m in kyber 3 2 x GLs and 6.5 mil GP and since the change I’ve had quit a few instances of going up against rosters that have 4 gusting 5 GLs and 8 mil GP plus……have a guess what…..they haven’t even deployed.

I know this is anecdotal, but I reckon a lot of the high end rosters in kyber 3 and below are players that just don’t care about a couple of thousand crystals for the effort, when they are happy and able to simply buy them as required.
  • Options
    The new GAC is so boring. I have 3 GLs and have now established myself in Kyber 1. Why should I invest anything in the GAC now? Why should I invest a GAC Omicron? I'm sticking with my 50-60% win rate anyway. It's just not fun anymore.
    The game is 6 years old and then you get the idea to make a leaderboard for all to players? Seriously?
    For the top 100 it may be a competitive mode, but not for me. It would be competitive if I would meet the best players in my weight class and not if I only meet 5-6 GL opponents and then 1-2 of them are not really good and I can beat them. It's still not fun.
    Now that everyone has found their place in the leaderboard it's just boring. The system doesn't offer any new incentives, because it doesn't matter if I'm among the first 200 in kyber 1 and have my 50-60% win rate or if I'm on place 3000 in kyber 1 and have my 50-60% win rate. The handful of crystals difference after 4 weeks GAC are completely irrelevant.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    LordHel wrote: »
    The new GAC is so boring. I have 3 GLs and have now established myself in Kyber 1. Why should I invest anything in the GAC now? Why should I invest a GAC Omicron? I'm sticking with my 50-60% win rate anyway. It's just not fun anymore.
    The game is 6 years old and then you get the idea to make a leaderboard for all to players? Seriously?
    For the top 100 it may be a competitive mode, but not for me. It would be competitive if I would meet the best players in my weight class and not if I only meet 5-6 GL opponents and then 1-2 of them are not really good and I can beat them. It's still not fun.
    Now that everyone has found their place in the leaderboard it's just boring. The system doesn't offer any new incentives, because it doesn't matter if I'm among the first 200 in kyber 1 and have my 50-60% win rate or if I'm on place 3000 in kyber 1 and have my 50-60% win rate. The handful of crystals difference after 4 weeks GAC are completely irrelevant.

Well, do you want to stay in k1? Because you won't forever if you stop investing.
  • Options
    GAC Omicrons will not change that
  • Options

Then don’t invest in them and use your omicron for other parts of the game where you’d need them ?
  • Options

that seems unlikely
    hello
  • cboath7
    461 posts Member
    Options
    Thorozar11 wrote: »
    My last GAC week every one of the other 7 in my bracket had 2 more GL than me or 2M more GP. First autoset and I won handily. 2nd player had 2M (6M roster) more GP than me but 0 GL. He was a garbage player, won easily. Last guy had 2M more than me and 1 GL like me. I won fairly easily.

Skill rating means something. I expected to go 0-3 but swept the bracket.

Well you don't win or lose with skill rating, but the only skill that beast 6 v 2 gls is the guy with 6 being massively stupid and hoarding them all for offense or simply not showing - that's it.

He doesn't state what Tier it is either. If it's K1 (which i'd expect from 9M+ and 6 GLs) that's the top level. People who play very well can get their as well as completely clueless people who have no real concept of money and shell out 10's of thousands just to 'have it all'. At that point, you don't have to be good when you simply massively overpower the other guy.

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    cboath7 wrote: »
    My last GAC week every one of the other 7 in my bracket had 2 more GL than me or 2M more GP. First autoset and I won handily. 2nd player had 2M (6M roster) more GP than me but 0 GL. He was a garbage player, won easily. Last guy had 2M more than me and 1 GL like me. I won fairly easily.

Well you don't win or lose with skill rating, but the only skill that beast 6 v 2 gls is the guy with 6 being massively stupid and hoarding them all for offense or simply not showing - that's it.

He doesn't state what Tier it is either. If it's K1 (which i'd expect from 9M+ and 6 GLs) that's the top level. People who play very well can get their as well as completely clueless people who have no real concept of money and shell out 10's of thousands just to 'have it all'. At that point, you don't have to be good when you simply massively overpower the other guy.

So those who spend can do well and also those who play well can also. Seems like a smart system for cg and players. Just sayin
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • cboath7
    461 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    cboath7 wrote: »

So those who spend can do well and also those who play well can also. Seems like a smart system for cg and players. Just sayin

except that you're equating the two. They aren't.

Using his example, there's only really one scenario that he has a change - and that's if they other guy doesn't participate and it basically auto fills. Then he'll win with 2 victories by going through a couple GLs not fielded properly.

I wouldn't call that 'a good system'. Games tend to NOT work well when they're not an even playing field. And again here, we're just assuming his opponent is someone who doesn't care and uses money to rack up his stuff. Maybe the guy does care and is going to mop the floor with him..

Their skill system sucks and they need to look at more than that for matchmaking/grouping. Frankly, that match shouldn't occur, granted it's a 2.5M difference which with similar power available - still a huge advantage but putting someone up against someone they have zero chance at if both sides try? Massive flaw. Miracle RNG won't save him in that situation, nor will being 10x better.

• Options
    Jiaka wrote: »
    6 GL vs my 2 GL. That is NOT a fair fight!!

With my alt acc i just had a matchup 6GL vs my 3 GL (he has 1,9m more GP) and what happened, i won because he only put 1 GL at defence and he was not able to clear my Executor

• Options
    Happen to me as well looking over the guys roster he had nothing end he won vs my roster of just about over him. On everything
  • Options
    On one of my account, i actually beat someone with double my gp. 1.2m vs 2.4m. By 10 pts but, à win is a win. Idk how he lost. But its possible to win. I can share when this week is over if you guys im lying.
  • Options
    Your skill rating is the same, therefore it’s a fair fight by the conditions of GAC matchmaking

Yet it has been proven that skill rating needs adjustments to prevent mismatches such as these.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Your skill rating is the same, therefore it’s a fair fight by the conditions of GAC matchmaking

Yet it has been proven that skill rating needs adjustments to prevent mismatches such as these.

When and how was this proven?
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Do you think that it’s ok to have such huge GP gaps? You think it’s fair for people to go 5 GL vs 1? To have such big differences in relics, +25 mods, etc.

That’s how it’s been proven it’s still needs adjusting and with their bone headed move to up fleets from 2 to 3 in Kyber, it’s going to get more important for them to adjust things
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Do you think that it’s ok to have such huge GP gaps? You think it’s fair for people to go 5 GL vs 1? To have such big differences in relics, +25 mods, etc.

That’s how it’s been proven it’s still needs adjusting and with their bone headed move to up fleets from 2 to 3 in Kyber, it’s going to get more important for them to adjust things

Ah, I misunderstood what you meant by proven. I took it to mean that it was necessary, and in fact in place.

As far as gp gaps, yes I'm fine with it.

I do agree it's nuts to increase fleets at this time.
  • Options

How the system was planned, there were always going to be GP gaps. And if anything it's being proven the system is right. GP gaps doesn't mean the underdog necessarily loses.

GP isn't a great match making measure. Especially when a player is moved down as they can use less and less of their GP.

As for GLs...............yeah best of luck getting CG to match make on GLs..... I'd love it if they did, as that's actually fairly impactful. However, it wouldn't be good for money making.
  • Options

If you winning or losing too much you ultimately will face those situation.
  • Options

According to who?
  • Options

According to who?

Ah. I read on. According to you.
  • Options
    My 4.4mil account beat an opponent with 6.7mil. It helped that he used SLKR on offense, but I comfortably overcame everything else, including solo DR and Malak with SEE, and resistance bros with Wampacron. Not sure if he was talking on purpose to avoid Kyber of course, but sometimes it helps if your opponent doesn't suck by putting their GLs on D.
  • cboath7
    461 posts Member
    Options
    Lordwar83 wrote: »
    Jiaka wrote: »
    6 GL vs my 2 GL. That is NOT a fair fight!!

With my alt acc i just had a matchup 6GL vs my 3 GL (he has 1,9m more GP) and what happened, i won because he only put 1 GL at defence and he was not able to clear my Executor

As I said, the only way the 6 vs 2 comes out for the little guy is if the guy with 6 is incredibly dumb and hoards his GL's for offense or doesn't participate. That's it. I'd also imagine if he put 1 on defense and held 5, he was actually trying to lose.