Proving Grounds

Replies

• zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Seems like a slap in the face to those who purchased crystal refreshes/conquest passes to get the character maxed the first time they came around. I get hooking up those without, but this seems to indicate that those whoa are at the 'tip of the spear' will never get to experience this game mode, nor the rewards. @Kyno any way we could bring this up to the devs? It doesn't seem like it would crash their game economy to allow us who've paid/used crystals to finish the conquest characters on release to still be able to play the game mode and earn a pittance of shard shop currency each month.

How is it a slap in the face when they stated over a year ago that they would make these toons farmable after a year

Imho because they announced a new game mode (and many players are waiting for new stuff) just to tell folks that they can't play it if they got the characters already. Even without rewards we would like to experience a new mode. Just like we can replay fights in journey guide after we completed them.
  • Options
    I need Maul shards now that I have the first 2. The end of August will be 1 year of that release. So will Maul be in Proving grounds then or will he hit a little earlier there since CAT was released towards the end of May and will already be in PG? I know the announcement was made saying her 1 year anniversary is here, so does that mean PG won't launch until end of May? Just need some clarification to plan accordingly if I still need to use crystals/conquest currency for Maul. @Ultra
  • Options
    zatho wrote: »
    Seems like a slap in the face to those who purchased crystal refreshes/conquest passes to get the character maxed the first time they came around. I get hooking up those without, but this seems to indicate that those whoa are at the 'tip of the spear' will never get to experience this game mode, nor the rewards. @Kyno any way we could bring this up to the devs? It doesn't seem like it would crash their game economy to allow us who've paid/used crystals to finish the conquest characters on release to still be able to play the game mode and earn a pittance of shard shop currency each month.

How is it a slap in the face when they stated over a year ago that they would make these toons farmable after a year

Imho because they announced a new game mode (and many players are waiting for new stuff) just to tell folks that they can't play it if they got the characters already. Even without rewards we would like to experience a new mode. Just like we can replay fights in journey guide after we completed them.

yeah but everyone would just say this doesnt count as new stuff

people just complain about everything

cant play? why not

can play? not good enough

with that said i would play the new thing for ssc but i also dont care if i cant
    hello
  • 24_Tuesdays
    1198 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    twstdbydsn wrote: »
    I need Maul shards now that I have the first 2. The end of August will be 1 year of that release. So will Maul be in Proving grounds then or will he hit a little earlier there since CAT was released towards the end of May and will already be in PG? I know the announcement was made saying her 1 year anniversary is here, so does that mean PG won't launch until end of May? Just need some clarification to plan accordingly if I still need to use crystals/conquest currency for Maul. @Ultra

assume pg will be launched in may
    hello
  • Options

conquest toons were announced as available via new method after one year

why would this affect maul

Maul was the 3rd Conquest toon.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options

yeah but everyone would just say this doesnt count as new stuff

people just complain about everything

cant play? why not

can play? not good enough

with that said i would play the new thing for ssc but i also dont care if i cant

I think it will be no new mode with regard to gameplay. It will just be a new type of event that disappears for end-game players. Usually you have to unlock stuff, here it will get locked.
  • Options
    Unpopular opinion likely, but if you wanted CAT by now P2P or F2P you would have her. This seems like a version of Galactic Bounties getting 20 shards per event. If you didn't fully participate in Conquest that was your choice and the lack of currency there hindered your farming of her. Everyone gets crystals regularly so how you spend them is entirely each persons choice to which if CAT was a priority she could have been farmed that way.

My main gripe would be allow those who do have her maxed out some sort of accessibility or rewards even if it were relic materials or something similar for already completing the journey.
  • Options

conquest toons were announced as available via new method after one year

why would this affect maul

Maul was the 3rd Conquest toon.

i edited my post

hello
  • Options

assume pg will be launched in may

Yes, that IS my assumption, hence the reason I asked for clarification.
  • Options
    GRANDOLA wrote: »
    Will this be used for new units in the future in place of marquee releases?

It’s for conquest characters

Ok, I mainly ask as they said some new characters may come through it as well.

They said "It is our intention to use Proving Grounds as a location for players to earn specific Units over time, but at the initial release Commander Ahsoka Tano and Razor Crest will be the two available Units." Not necessarily new ones.
    At least Ultra "confirmed" it's just for conquest characters. But yeah it could be new ones down the line knowing CG. You never know with them since they don't follow up with info well and change drop rates unexpectedly. :p
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    Will this be used for new units in the future in place of marquee releases?

It’s for conquest characters

Ok, I mainly ask as they said some new characters may come through it as well.

They said "It is our intention to use Proving Grounds as a location for players to earn specific Units over time, but at the initial release Commander Ahsoka Tano and Razor Crest will be the two available Units." Not necessarily new ones.
    At least Ultra "confirmed" it's just for conquest characters. But yeah it could be new ones down the line knowing CG. You never know with them since they don't follow up with info well and change drop rates unexpectedly. :p

They also confuse characters (beskar armor) and mod slicing material
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    edited April 2022
    Options
    I'm not confirming anything for CG right now, since I haven't spoken to devs about anything

Just going by the same news post that you are all reading

" This is not meant to be a source for Shard Shop Currency, this is an opportunity to get characters that were once exclusive to Conquest."

Is why I said only conquest characters, but given the other quote you pulled up, I am inclined to believe we might have new character releases on proving grounds too... Wouldn't be surprised if they moved some marquee toons to Proving Grounds instead of LS/DS/Fleet/Cantina node at this point
    I need Maul shards now that I have the first 2. The end of August will be 1 year of that release. So will Maul be in Proving grounds then or will he hit a little earlier there since CAT was released towards the end of May and will already be in PG? I know the announcement was made saying her 1 year anniversary is here, so does that mean PG won't launch until end of May? Just need some clarification to plan accordingly if I still need to use crystals/conquest currency for Maul.

Safe to speculate but who knows if CG will be following the timetable of this release schedule closely or not
  • Options
    I'm not confirming anything for CG right now, since I haven't spoken to devs about anything

" This is not meant to be a source for Shard Shop Currency, this is an opportunity to get characters that were once exclusive to Conquest."

Is why I said only conquest characters, but given the other quote you pulled up, I am inclined to believe we might have new character releases on proving grounds too... Wouldn't be surprised if they moved some marquee toons to Proving Grounds instead of LS/DS/Fleet/Cantina node at this point
    I need Maul shards now that I have the first 2. The end of August will be 1 year of that release. So will Maul be in Proving grounds then or will he hit a little earlier there since CAT was released towards the end of May and will already be in PG? I know the announcement was made saying her 1 year anniversary is here, so does that mean PG won't launch until end of May? Just need some clarification to plan accordingly if I still need to use crystals/conquest currency for Maul.

Safe to speculate but who knows if CG will be following the timetable of this release schedule closely or not

When you SPECULATE you make a 'spec' out of 'u' and 'late'.

I'll just spend the currency/crystals for Maul I guess. He rarely shows in the store so August may be fine to get into PG.
  • Options
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    330 shards for a character, and AFTER 1 YEAR WAITING CG gives us 20 shards per month.

So, after a toon release, you can play with the character for free in 29 month!
    So 2 years and 4 month.

CG, stick your stuff you know where..

If you would consider refreshing P2P, then lets not forget, 5 sims a day is free with a 33% drop rate, and F2P are managing that just fine

So you don't see any difference between a 6 months farm (which f2p managing fine) and a 29 months farm (this CapitalGreediness).

No more questions needed.

How is this a 29 month farm though?
    Are you basing that on 0 shards during the release conquest and 0 refresh of the proving grounds event?

With red box, which can be obtained F2P, it’s 3 months.
    Depending on crate achieved it will be less than 17 months of proving grounds, with zero refresh.
    You can save crystals F2P and that will cut down the time needed after the unit goes to proving grounds.
    This really doesn’t seem that different from how legendary toons used to be released with a gated event every 3 months, which you needed to gear a bunch of toons for.

How long do you guess will it take if you started playing after it was in conquest crates (maybe because of a break) and didn't buy any shards?

Less than 29 months.
    At the most, 23 months (arguably less), based on your assumption that the player was absent for the first 6 months of the toon being in conquest crates.
    If the player in question actually prioritise the toon, crystals can be saved for refresh to cut down those 23 months quite a bit (how much is unknown as of yet).

Now the next question you would ask might be how long it would take a completely new F2P player to get the latest conquest toon? A very long time, but that is true for any end game toon in the game, including lots of legendaries and GLs.

If you have an overall concern about the length of getting a end game toon to 7* then fair. I just don’t see these conquest toons as super slow compared to most other releases of new toons.

I could be concerned if you can only play for one toon in PG, that would be a blow to mid-tier players with regards to catching up as they progress.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Putting marquees into PG instead of a hard node sounds terrible, way to make a slow and annoying grind even worse. Even without refreshes you should get more than 20 shards monthly from a hard node. So yeah, I fully expect them to do it.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

Putting marquees into PG instead of a hard node sounds terrible, way to make a slow and annoying grind even worse. Even without refreshes you should get more than 20 shards monthly from a hard node. So yeah, I fully expect them to do it.

It'll be like the fleet mastery events, a huge drain on crystal stash, so yeah
  • Options
    I'm f2p and I was able to save crystals to speed up the Executor farm. I'll do the same with the proving grounds toons that I like.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

It'll be like the fleet mastery events, a huge drain on crystal stash, so yeah

It would imo be fine at double the rate. It would still be less than hard node farm (average should be 50 shards over 30 days) but on the other hand it presumably won't use energy. I guess it depends on the refresh cost in the end, but I don't have very high hopes. It should be lower than the cost of shards in the store, but that's still a lot and I don't expect them to give us significantly better rate.
  • Options
    Frankly, I think I’d take this over conquest, because I don’t like conquest.
  • Options
    Decicrim wrote: »
    God yes! Even with this expected abysmal 20 per month. That is still better than wampa for example that the event for 20 shards comes around 3-4 times a year!
    Please add wampa, hoda, and tb toons!

Its funny you say this, the 1x a month & 20 shards was just making me think, "So its another version of Galactic Bounties"
  • Options
    New content and game mode. I’m happy to see some new development.
  • Options
    Would be better if she was farmable elsewhere for those that don’t have her yet. Knowing CG the refresh for the event will be 1000 crystals (if capital fleet events and talzin/wicket are the basis). That may prove too steep for some.

If she went to a node/store like RC did that would be better.

As for those who have her…lmao nothing to see here. Sounds like this could’ve been a cool name for a sandbox mode, or a nice little sliver of SSC but alas, CG refuses to see easy layups for PR wins with the player base and opts to continue being tone deaf.
  • Options

It’s not really new content. It’s another carbon copy event like galactic bounties or the wicket/talzin event that a big chunk of the player base can’t even participate in if they have CAT or any future character.

I know of a few who are gonna come running to CG’s defense but how is it new if it’s the same type of event as those previously listed? How is it new if it’s just a farming spot for a year old toon?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Would be better if she was farmable elsewhere for those that don’t have her yet. Knowing CG the refresh for the event will be 1000 crystals (if capital fleet events and talzin/wicket are the basis). That may prove too steep for some.

If she went to a node/store like RC did that would be better.

As for those who have her…lmao nothing to see here. Sounds like this could’ve been a cool name for a sandbox mode, or a nice little sliver of SSC but alas, CG refuses to see easy layups for PR wins with the player base and opts to continue being tone deaf.

When I saw the announcement, literally my first thought was "oh look, they changed their mind about the sandbox mode." Then I thought that they might finally add an endless mode. Imagine my disappointment...
  • StarSon
    7466 posts Member
    Options

This also gives double the shards, so I wouldn't be shocked to see a 1999 refresh, but will be shocked if it's less than 1500.

It’s not really new content. It’s another carbon copy event like galactic bounties or the wicket/talzin event that a big chunk of the player base can’t even participate in if they have CAT or any future character.

I know of a few who are gonna come running to CG’s defense but how is it new if it’s the same type of event as those previously listed? How is it new if it’s just a farming spot for a year old toon?

Everything in this game is a carbon copy. The game is the game, and this is still new content.
  • Options
    Y'all should consider a second tier that awards an omicron for everyone who has her at 7 stars.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

This also gives double the shards, so I wouldn't be shocked to see a 1999 refresh, but will be shocked if it's less than 1500.

Everything in this game is a carbon copy. The game is the game, and this is still new content.

Eh….I’ll just agree to disagree on it being new. New would be more pve nodes. A sandbox mode. A raid. Things of the like. A copy paste of the talzin is event that only those don’t have CAT/characters in that event can even do doesn’t really make that cut to me. That’s just me though.

More importantly though it’s just really bad for those who need her. This is going to be such a long slog and grind that I think CG is subtly trying to force people to try harder in conquest by making her such a long term farm
  • StarSon
    7466 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Eh….I’ll just agree to disagree on it being new. New would be more pve nodes. A sandbox mode. A raid. Things of the like. A copy paste of the talzin is event that only those don’t have CAT/characters in that event can even do doesn’t really make that cut to me. That’s just me though.

More importantly though it’s just really bad for those who need her. This is going to be such a long slog and grind that I think CG is subtly trying to force people to try harder in conquest by making her such a long term farm

We don't really know what kind of slog. Might be able to refresh 17 times like you can the Executor event.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options

We'll see

Someone said it is like Galactic Bounties for Conquest Characters, I would say its new content but not really a new game mode

I think just like GB there will be a tier for each conquest unit (T1 -> RC, T2 -> CAT)
  • StarSon
    7466 posts Member
    Options

We'll see

Someone said it is like Galactic Bounties for Conquest Characters, I would say its new content but not really a new game mode

I think just like GB there will be a tier for each conquest unit (T1 -> RC, T2 -> CAT)

Meathead also just changed the tile from Mode to Event, sot here's that.