We don’t want datacrons

Prev13
Rmtomasin
54 posts Member

Replies

• Options
    I feel sure this time, the thread won't be deleted.........
  • Telperien
    350 posts Member
    Options
    lets see how long it lasts
  • Options
    They need to stop deleting threads and just let people discuss something that they don’t like the info is out there already.
  • Telperien
    350 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    surprised this is still here LOL
  • MasterSeedy
    5072 posts Member
    Options
    No, they need to stop deleting threads and read the feedback, then make sure that their community liaison engages with the commenters.

The information is out. At this point CG needs to say whether
    1) this is an idea that will definitely be implemented, but no guarantees on how much change is made
    2) This is an idea that will probably be implemented, but if it is it still might change
    3) this is an idea that they like but aren't sure about
    4) this is an idea that they believe is unlikely to be implemented

We know that it's not an idea that has no chance to be implemented (they've already conceded that). We know that we don't have power over what gets implemented. But having this sort of info can tame an inferno by letting people know how much they have to worry. Now maybe it's still #1, and maybe the fires still rage, but that's the cost of living under capitalism and trying to sell a product: if people don't like you or your product, they're going to talk about that.

I don't criticize CG for trying to make money. CG shouldn't be upset when people comment (positively or negatively) about the game. Even negative comments are at least information that they can use. It's important for CG to recognize that capitalism means not only the freedom to hawk your product, but also the freedom of consumers to support your product with dollars or not.

We're offering you our time when we comment, even when we comment negatively. And we wouldn't do it if we didn't care about the game.

Using those comments means you gain more than you lose. Deleting those comments is a lost opportunity for everyone, CG, the players and your corporation.
  • Options
    Another thread has been deleted shocking
  • 12thParsec
    195 posts Member
    Options
    Why would they delete this post? CG even confirmed it’s a leak so technically it’s official.
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options
    I want Datacrons. Sounds fun.
  • Telperien
    350 posts Member
    Options
    maybe they can create a game mode where you and the two or three others that want this crap can go play with each other then.

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    The fact they keep deleting threads about datacrons is embarrassing on their part. The info got leaked? Too bad. It’s about time they knock off the trend they’re on. I mean really? Deleting hard earned material from your roster after spending time, resources and money.
  • KyloYan
    3 posts Member
    Options
    This will get me to quit. No one wants this. I’ve not heard a single positive response
  • Magruffin
    797 posts Member
    Options
    Lmao
    Today's probably one of the biggest days annually for attracting new players to the game; and cg got caught being cg. Guess they don't want the truth about them being viewed by potential newbewies that haven't been hooked yet. I am absolutely loving that this is blowing up in their faces on today of all days.
  • FinleyJon
    44 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    We dont know what it will look like as a final version but i am not encouraged to spend resources on things that are not permanent. Part of this game is the collection and having to invest resources in things that dont last does not appeal. It feels like we give all our resources to CG for nothing "tangible in return" (if that even makes sense in a digital game!)
  • Wolfcast1e
    526 posts Member
    Options
    What a nightmare it will be to find counters when the buffs all always changing.
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    What a nightmare it will be to find counters when the buffs all always changing.

They want to keep things fresh and prevent a stale meta, so yes, finding new counters is a way to keep things interesting
  • Jesse36
    65 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

They want to keep things fresh and prevent a stale meta, so yes, finding new counters is a way to keep things interesting

No….they want a new way to collect $$$. Instead of finishing phase 1 of the gear crunch relief, much less phase 2, they instead roll out more “progression.”

Don’t insult our intelligence, it’s not about a “stale meta.”
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    I want Datacrons. Sounds fun.

i dont think ive ever seen you not want what ea/cg is pushing. majority of the player base isnt going to agree with you on this one.

• Kripty
    202 posts Member
    Options
    If/when CG drop this ( because it will happen ) there will be another mass exodus..
  • Options

I get that, but turning specific factions or teams into the "deal of the week" is beyond lame, and that team only becomes that if you are lucky enough to roll the specific thing in the datacron, and then after all your luck and resources, they go away after 3 months.
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options
    Thorozar11 wrote: »

I get that, but turning specific factions or teams into the "deal of the week" is beyond lame, and that team only becomes that if you are lucky enough to roll the specific thing in the datacron, and then after all your luck and resources, they go away after 3 months.

Yeah, thats my issue with it too

I do like the faction specific bonuses by datacrons, I don't like how resource intensive + limited time it is

Also, the RNG aspect of general stats, but I think all the issues I just listed i have with it are easily changeable since its in feedback phase

If you assume you had unlimited resources, and no RNG on the stat rolls, its not a bad thing
  • Options
    Thorozar11 wrote: »

Yeah, thats my issue with it too

I do like the faction specific bonuses by datacrons, I don't like how resource intensive + limited time it is

Also, the RNG aspect of general stats, but I think all the issues I just listed i have with it are easily changeable since its in feedback phase

If you assume you had unlimited resources, and no RNG on the stat rolls, its not a bad thing

A bigger issue also is one I saw another poster mention (maybe in another thread?) is that who has time to inspect not only every mod on toons you face in GAC every time but now you also need to review this to make sure your normal counter is going to be total garbage because this player won the temporary lottery and their team is now a lead cinch lock vs your team.
  • Bearda
    26 posts Member
    Options
    I know I had mentioned that earlier, that I do not want to have to figure out what flavor of the week every opponent in GAC has and territory wars are going to be hot garbage nightmares because you have to keep track of the 50 enemy datacrons and then your own guild's 50 datacrons and I don't want to have to go ' hey player 32 you have the FO datacron we need to fight this one datacron this month can you get on'
  • Options
    This basically turns most kits into non issues. What does it matter if you take time learning kits and synergies. Just get the right datacrons and hit auto. If/when they do this, please make it ONLY pay to obtain. That way I can remain in my GAC bracket with those unwilling to pay for this completely different game.
  • MasterSeedy
    5072 posts Member
    Options

Wow. That's a ... well, that's a take. I'm just not sure how helpful,
    Yes, this is completely terrible, but if every terrible thing about it were done away with or changed so completely that that terrible thing is now good, what you have left, by definition, wouldn't be terrible.

is as an analysis.

And it's a little worse when you note that **no one has or will ever have unlimited resources**.

It's a resource management game, so if something needs unlimited resources to not be terrible, then it's inevitably going to be terrible.

I mean, this is all pretty funny, because I don't even really object to the temporary nature of it all like so many do, including you, and yet your only defense is
    Well, if nothing was bad, nothing would be bad.

Slow clap, I guess?

I don't normally want to engage in only negative criticisms. I like my track record of mixing honest criticism with positive efforts to make the game better through suggestions and encouragement. But I don't know enough about this to offer positive suggestions, and so many other people have given enough negative feedback that I don't think I have anything more to say on that front, so regrettably I'll leave it there without offering more help to CG in improving Datacrons. But if you like it, do you have any suggestions at all besides "unlimited resources, no RNG"?

Anyone?

Does anyone have any positive suggestions for making Datacrons better and more fun for the players?
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options
    Bearda wrote: »
    I know I had mentioned that earlier, that I do not want to have to figure out what flavor of the week every opponent in GAC has and territory wars are going to be hot garbage nightmares because you have to keep track of the 50 enemy datacrons and then your own guild's 50 datacrons and I don't want to have to go ' hey player 32 you have the FO datacron we need to fight this one datacron this month can you get on'
    Its going to be 3 faction bonuses at most, and its the same factions for everyone, the first faction bonus expires when the new one comes in, so its going to be easier to keep track of
  • Options
    if your looking for positive feedback. I think the only way I could be postive about datacrons is if they removed r9 and omnicrons from the game. both r9 and omnicrons were meant for ea/cg to make money off them and they obviously didnt make enough which is why they are releasing this new cashgrab that is not that different from an omnicron but only being temporary and requiring more resources "lets be honest and say $$"

one of the few times i applauded ea/cg for doing the right thing was back when tournaments were first introduced years ago and they removed tournaments until they came up with a better road ahead than the exploitable weak tournament system.

alot of the angst against datacrons is because of the pent up anger the player base has had at the failed r9 and omnicron system that is too limited to enjoy fully and not worth spending on because it only impacts one game node. take what you learned from both those and rollback r9 and omnicron and datacrons are fine. try to do them all and you are marked greedy and will only see the player base shrink while the ones staying will spend less and spew more anger.

• LordDirt
    5025 posts Member
    Options
    Please dont speak for everyone and say we dont want datacrons. I say bring it on, keep coming up with stuff and flood the game with all kinds of things. Level 100, lets do it. Relic 10, 11, 12? Yes please! Add some new relic materials for them too. 7 dot mods? Why stop there, lets do 8 or 9.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Why not just sell tokens that allow you to insta kill your opponents defense in GAC? If you want to cater to the big spenders, might as well make it obvious and give them the upper hand up front.
  • Drim
    360 posts Member
    Options
    My 2c this should just be a lite ftp update to spice up the game. Take what every they want us to spend to make this work and Divided by five then implement