Replies

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Ryche wrote: »
    I'm still trying to figure out how speed works in Conquest.
    I'm not sure how ewoks can get to 530 speed and go first before my SLKR. (he's at 100% too)

One of the dataminers from swgoh events discord server was able to datamine and calculate the speed of PvE units

Wouldn’t it be superb if CG actually did that? Instead of players needing to datamine what should already be provided?

I'm curious why you think they're obligated to give us that info.

I've played plenty of games where enemy stats are unknown. In fact the vast majority.

Not that the champion of CG would agree, but when there’s such a high energy cost associated with each battle, which then translates to much higher crystal costs, perhaps it would be nice to not play a guessing game on speeds, especially when my 580 speed SLKR gets outsped just because.

Similar games do show enemy speeds like RSL, MSF, etc.
  • Options
    You cg fan boys and girls get me every time lol how can you agree to everything they do and not get paid? You realize more than half the gaming community dislikes most of CGs decisions? Overprepared is saying I’m too lazy to think of anything else. By the time you get to take a turn even with a GL 1 minute and 30 seconds has gone by. I have a gl that is close to 600 speed with 100% stamina and still gets out run by non GL toons. It was ok at first but now it’s too repetitive. Every conquest is literally just a reskin of the former.
  • Granolo
    216 posts Member
    Options
    The problem of you people is that you expect Conquest to be something it's not. It's not a place to use your go-to counters for the usual teams. The main issue is that any team/counter that relies on taking a turn before the enemy and kill them before they get any chance on attacking back, won't work on Conquest, period. You might not like it, you might think it's a lazy design (it kinda is tbf), but that's how the game works whether we like it or not, and to be fair, it forces you to find different ways on countering those teams, one that doesn't rely on outspeeding the opponent.

And there are a lot of ways to do so, specially with Data Disks. DoT disks + ability blocks from debuffs are a nice way to get started. Protection on crit or AooT in teams with counters are decent too. The disks that grants Mark is great to with some teams like Padme or FO (tho turns others like IT useless). You can also use consumables like the one that provides ability block at the start. The RNG of the disks is still a pain, but these last Conquests it's been easier to get usefull Data disks than before (also Hard path usually guarantees at least greens). And of course ALWAYS AVOID teams with Canderous (stupid ****), Mandalorians and Old Republic are a pain to fight. Also if you're relying heavily on DoTs disks try to avoid Sith Empire, Malak turns into a beast that soloes SLKR once he has +50 dots on himself.

Personally I enjoyed more this Conquest than the previous ones, tho I didn't bother with max crate as some feats are just too annoying to enjoy farming, but still I plan to get Malgus in 6 months so I'm happy with it. Try to find your own way of enjoying the game mode, not focusing on the annoying parts of it.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how ewoks can get to 530 speed and go first before my SLKR. (he's at 100% too)

One of the dataminers from swgoh events discord server was able to datamine and calculate the speed of PvE units

Wouldn’t it be superb if CG actually did that? Instead of players needing to datamine what should already be provided?

I've played plenty of games where enemy stats are unknown. In fact the vast majority.

Not that the champion of CG would agree, but when there’s such a high energy cost associated with each battle, which then translates to much higher crystal costs, perhaps it would be nice to not play a guessing game on speeds, especially when my 580 speed SLKR gets outsped just because.

I don't disagree it would be nice (along with a feat counter if we're making wishes). I was just curious what would make one feel entitled to it, rather than just a reasonable desire for it.

Also, you forgot to capitalize Champion.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    12thParsec wrote: »
    You cg fan boys and girls get me every time lol how can you agree to everything they do and not get paid? You realize more than half the gaming community dislikes most of CGs decisions? Overprepared is saying I’m too lazy to think of anything else. By the time you get to take a turn even with a GL 1 minute and 30 seconds has gone by. I have a gl that is close to 600 speed with 100% stamina and still gets out run by non GL toons. It was ok at first but now it’s too repetitive. Every conquest is literally just a reskin of the former.

Half the gaming community dislikes CG decisions... you got a little pie chart to go with your made up statistics?

If that were true, yet the game continued to make billions, who would be the real fool in that situation?
  • Options
    Granolo wrote: »
    The problem of you people is that you expect Conquest to be something it's not. It's not a place to use your go-to counters for the usual teams. The main issue is that any team/counter that relies on taking a turn before the enemy and kill them before they get any chance on attacking back, won't work on Conquest, period. You might not like it, you might think it's a lazy design (it kinda is tbf), but that's how the game works whether we like it or not, and to be fair, it forces you to find different ways on countering those teams, one that doesn't rely on outspeeding the opponent.

And there are a lot of ways to do so, specially with Data Disks. DoT disks + ability blocks from debuffs are a nice way to get started. Protection on crit or AooT in teams with counters are decent too. The disks that grants Mark is great to with some teams like Padme or FO (tho turns others like IT useless). You can also use consumables like the one that provides ability block at the start. The RNG of the disks is still a pain, but these last Conquests it's been easier to get usefull Data disks than before (also Hard path usually guarantees at least greens). And of course ALWAYS AVOID teams with Canderous (stupid ****), Mandalorians and Old Republic are a pain to fight. Also if you're relying heavily on DoTs disks try to avoid Sith Empire, Malak turns into a beast that soloes SLKR once he has +50 dots on himself.

Personally I enjoyed more this Conquest than the previous ones, tho I didn't bother with max crate as some feats are just too annoying to enjoy farming, but still I plan to get Malgus in 6 months so I'm happy with it. Try to find your own way of enjoying the game mode, not focusing on the annoying parts of it.

This is a great summary and I agree with most of it.

I definitely try to target at least one Old Republic team in every sector though. Having an Enemy Nest can be important for feat farming.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

I don't disagree it would be nice (along with a feat counter if we're making wishes). I was just curious what would make one feel entitled to it, rather than just a reasonable desire for it.

So you don’t think that a player base who has given over a billion dollars to CG in revenue deserve the best quality gaming experience?

You don’t think CG should put out a game whose quality matches its income? I’m sorry but their age old excuse of “too expensive” and vague kits and interactions when they make as much money as they do with as famous of an IP as Star Wars is, just doesn’t cut it. When they can put out $100 packs and have the cost of a new character to be $300-$400, I think they can appease the peasants that are their customers with some quality of life improvements for their game that are basic with other games
  • LordDirt
    5046 posts Member
    Options

So you don’t think that a player base who has given over a billion dollars to CG in revenue deserve the best quality gaming experience?

You don’t think CG should put out a game whose quality matches its income? I’m sorry but their age old excuse of “too expensive” and vague kits and interactions when they make as much money as they do with as famous of an IP as Star Wars is, just doesn’t cut it. When they can put out $100 packs and have the cost of a new character to be $300-$400, I think they can appease the peasants that are their customers with some quality of life improvements for their game that are basic with other games

Why put money into the game if you are already making billions?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Screerider
    1394 posts Member
    Options
    I think Veruca and others will get Feat Counters long before we get to see enemy stats in PvE modes.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Screerider wrote: »
    I think Veruca and others will get Feat Counters long before we get to see enemy stats in PvE modes.

Lmao I always chuckle when people call players who want a better quality game, Veruca. The fact CG has so many features missing from their games that are standard in others is pathetic on their end. It’s ok Screerider, you can expect quality from a game like SWGOH and not anger CG, or seem like a brat.
  • Screerider
    1394 posts Member
    Options
    Oompa loompa doompety doo
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

I don't see it as a matter of expense. The lack of enemy data is just part of the challenge. Why assume the unknown can't be by design.

In any battle/war/contest, dealing with the unknown of opponents' resources/abilities is a common occurrence.

And as stated before, the info has been worked out and is available, if one feels the need to improve their chances because it's too hard as-is. Think of it as a cheat-sheet for anyone struggling to play as originally designed.
  • Screerider
    1394 posts Member
    Options
    And last time we discussed this, people were Red Crating even without knowing these stats, and still are. So what are people wanting now?
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

I don't see it as a matter of expense. The lack of enemy data is just part of the challenge. Why assume the unknown can't be by design.

In any battle/war/contest, dealing with the unknown of opponents' resources/abilities is a common occurrence.

And as stated before, the info has been worked out and is available, if one feels the need to improve their chances because it's too hard as-is. Think of it as a cheat-sheet for anyone struggling to play as originally designed.

Lack of enemy data wasn’t a challenge, it was an intentional push for more crystals to be spent. I know that’s it’s been worked out by data miners but it shouldn’t have needed to be done. CG has been virtually dead on communication since Doja left and even prior to that. Meathead barely gets to communicate and when he does it’s just “I’ll relay that” with no answers. His post about fan art was his first real communication with us since his intro post.

They’re lazy. So many easy QoL fixes and they choose to do nothing.
    And last time we discussed this, people were Red Crating even without knowing these stats, and still are. So what are people wanting now?

A better quality game. Just like better quality jokes from you since apparently waiting several months or over a year for something is Veruca?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Lack of enemy data wasn’t a challenge, it was an intentional push for more crystals to be spent. I know that’s it’s been worked out by data miners but it shouldn’t have needed to be done. CG has been virtually dead on communication since Doja left and even prior to that. Meathead barely gets to communicate and when he does it’s just “I’ll relay that” with no answers. His post about fan art was his first real communication with us since his intro post.

A better quality game. Just like better quality jokes from you since apparently waiting several months or over a year for something is Veruca?

r9y8ujxkx70z.png

We didn't need to know these guys' speed. People got soft since Mario days.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

r9y8ujxkx70z.png

Mario Seven Stars RPG is apples and oranges when compared to SWGOH. Love the retro call back though
  • Mohrg
    202 posts Member
    Options
    My favourite modifier is overprepared, I love going in against a TM team on conquest and watching Mon Mothma and her rebel fighters take 3 minutes of turns, then i get one and then we run to time, its brilliant engaging gameplay.
  • Starslayer
    2420 posts Member
    Options
    Mohrg wrote: »
    My favourite modifier is overprepared, I love going in against a TM team on conquest and watching Mon Mothma and her rebel fighters take 3 minutes of turns, then i get one and then we run to time, its brilliant engaging gameplay.

I agree ! Because it makes me step out of my confort zone and try a different strategy to pass this brand new challenge.
  • Ultra
    11535 posts Moderator
    Options

r9y8ujxkx70z.png

Mario Seven Stars RPG is apples and oranges when compared to SWGOH. Love the retro call back though

GOAT game
  • Screerider
    1394 posts Member
    Options
    Last time we discussed this, you were concerned about "falling behind" because we couldn't see stats. Glad to see the goalposts moving. Keep asking CG for it, Salt. You'll get somewhere eventually.
    anigif_sub-buzz-19270-1471652073-13.gif

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Last time we discussed this, you were concerned about "falling behind" because we couldn't see stats. Glad to see the goalposts moving. Keep asking CG for it, Salt. You'll get somewhere eventually.
    anigif_sub-buzz-19270-1471652073-13.gif

How have the goalposts move lol. It’s still true that some people can fall behind without the enemy stats in conquest depending on their crystal income for refreshes. That hasn’t changed. Just like it hasn’t changed of how ridiculous it is that such a basic feature (along with several others) are too “complex” or “expensive” for CG to have in their game.

Also, you’re not using the Veruca thing the right way so that hasn’t changed either lmao. But keep doing like she’s doing in your GIF trying to bash that home hahaah
  • Mohrg
    202 posts Member
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

I agree ! Because it makes me step out of my confort zone and try a different strategy to pass this brand new challenge.

The problem I have is I have no idea how to counter a team where I don't get to take a turn, so short of taking raid Han on every team that has overprepared (which in the last run of conquest I got 2 nodes without it) to stun a character, or Malak to hope fear bought you an action, or wat dropping the blast tech to get an action or 2 that way?
    Can you maybe suggest a team that applies mass daze on spawn? or teams with 800-900+ speed?
  • Starslayer
    2420 posts Member
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

The problem I have is I have no idea how to counter a team where I don't get to take a turn, so short of taking raid Han on every team that has overprepared (which in the last run of conquest I got 2 nodes without it) to stun a character, or Malak to hope fear bought you an action, or wat dropping the blast tech to get an action or 2 that way?
    Can you maybe suggest a team that applies mass daze on spawn? or teams with 800-900+ speed?

It depends on you data disks. Gas could do the trick, for instance, especially with prot recovery disks. There is also the Frenzy tech+Wat combo that allows you to go first no matter what; you could use a tm train from there. I don't remember what I used tbf... probably JMK because it was the easiest.
  • Mohrg
    202 posts Member
    Options
    I switched disks to make enemies get ability block and debuffs on every turn, sadly I mostly got Mon Mothma teams who cleansed every action so that tactic was out, I used Embo lead in early stages but my BH are G12 so don't get far on hard mode.
    I managed a good crate this time round, but it is annoying that the "puzzle" to solve is the same every time.
  • Options
    I didn't get a single Amplify Agony disk until sector 4 hard, and I checked every hard route node too. It certainly made things more difficult, but I managed to get the gold crate which I wasn't expecting as I was going to stop at crate 4 but worked out a way to get what I needed.
  • Engage
    267 posts Member
    Options
    I didn't get a single usable disk this time around and it was brutal. All of the white and green disk selections are making me sick. The odds of getting better disks to deal with harder battles have been removed. I did not see a single purple disk and besides 2 blue ones early on, that was it for all 5 sectors. There used to be better disks after boss fights. All that was available were useless white ones to choose from every time. They were all the same useless diminished effects.
    Tell me how is anyone supposed to get by with the wrong data disks or with only the white useless data disks?
  • Options
    Are all white disks useless?

I got one blue in the recent conquest. Rest were green or white. I got the purples from the 100 DR / Malak kills and 20 No leader, I guess.
  • Lumiya
    1500 posts Member
    Options

I got one blue in the recent conquest. Rest were green or white. I got the purples from the 100 DR / Malak kills and 20 No leader, I guess.

Depends. If you want to go with Dots and thermals or ability blockade, then yes.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    Lumiya wrote: »

Depends. If you want to go with Dots and thermals or ability blockade, then yes.
    Amplify agony is great at any colour.

I think anyone blaming their disk choices for struggling in conquest is deflecting blame from their lack of roster strength.
  • Engage
    267 posts Member
    Options
    Lumiya wrote: »

Amplify agony is great at any colour.

I think anyone blaming their disk choices for struggling in conquest is deflecting blame from their lack of roster strength.

Tell that to the people who keep blaming it on the disk choices as if roster strength has nothing to do with it.