Replies

• Options
    Worst update ever
  • Options
    Datacron UI Questions:

1) Why can't I click on the materials to find their locations like everything else?

2) Why don't the Datacrons have left/right arrows to scroll through them like on character screens? With even half a dozen Datacrons having to go back to the main screen, then select a new Datacron is a PITA, even worse when there is no visual differentiation between them so finding the right one is going to be problematic. With up to 90 being in the inventory it's going to be a massive issue for management.
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options
    Worst update ever

Worst so far!
  • Options
    EgoSlayer wrote: »
    Datacron UI Questions:

1) Why can't I click on the materials to find their locations like everything else?

2) Why don't the Datacrons have left/right arrows to scroll through them like on character screens? With even half a dozen Datacrons having to go back to the main screen, then select a new Datacron is a PITA, even worse when there is no visual differentiation between them so finding the right one is going to be problematic. With up to 90 being in the inventory it's going to be a massive issue for management.

Inventory caps at 30 Datacrons.
  • Options
    Datacron UI Questions:

No, it's 30 *per set*. There can be 3 sets active, total 90 datacrons.
    Do Datacrons have an inventory limit? If so, how many?
    30 per set
  • Options
    Datacron UI Questions:

No, it's 30 *per set*. There can be 3 sets active, total 90 datacrons.
    Do Datacrons have an inventory limit? If so, how many?
    30 per set

oh. well...that makes TW & GAC even worse than I thought it was already going to be. ffs CG.
  • Options
    The UI is exceptionally bad. Very unintuitive and far too many clicks to get to the desired screens.

That said, I don't hate the concept of variable bonuses. Players who really understand gameplay mechanics and kits will benefit far more than people who rely on SWGoH.gg counters or BitDynasty for counters, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    There is not even a shortcut from Currency to the store. If you click on materials, nothing happens.
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    Options
    Another question: after locking CAT shards at 4M GP despite people playing normal conquest also got shards of it, and now making a difference between normal and hard conquest obtainable RATACRONS and making easy mode to be unable to even get a single RATACRON, what Are they planning to do exactly on GAC???
    I mean, as a 2'5M GP player right now and facing since the GAC changes to "skillrate"(when i was like 1'3M GP i was facing 4-5m GP oponents on EACH round and EACH week with that missmatching system)
    I couldn't imagine the unfun that new players are going to face on that mode, not only because the GP disparity but also because exploiters now can boost the squads...

And adding whole squad relics requisites to get just a boost, despite not making relieving the massive bottlenecks before relics...
    Seriously it's this company thinking i could care about this? Because the relieving the bottlenecks doesn't happened, but doing more GP walling already happened....
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Options
    PumaK wrote: »
    I couldn't imagine the unfun that new players are going to face on that mode, not only because the GP disparity but also because exploiters now can boost the squads...

The big fishes that enjoyed swimming in little ponds already won when they wanted to. Datacrons won’t make any difference there.

• Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

The big fishes that enjoyed swimming in little ponds already won when they wanted to. Datacrons won’t make any difference there.

Of course they will. It could mean a win without Datacrons or a loss with them for mid game players for example. In the example from PumaK maybe not because he was talking about new players, but like I said for mid game players it's a whole different story.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Options
    Lumiya wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »

Of course they will. It could mean a win without Datacrons or a loss with them for mid game players for example. In the example from PumaK maybe not because he was talking about new players, but like I said for mid game players it's a whole different story.

The poster was specifically talking about huge GP difference matches. You already established in previous posts that if these situations, if the big guy decides to play, he’ll win all the time. Datacrons won’t make them win more than all the time.

I’m not saying that datacrons won’t have any impact on gac; but it was not the subject at hand.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    So wanna know how swgoh.gg displays datacron and what set, cause I know CG don't know anything about UI and how to make guild management better for TW.

Good luck to the officer in trying to keep track of every opponent and all the individual trash a con. Try doing a 50 v 50 match
  • Options
    Will be there be a chance that datacrons can be used In PvE modes like TB or conquest? TB it would make RNG fights less RNG which would be nice. Conquest I understand if not but still would be cool
  • tj5270
    177 posts Member
    Options
    Is it possible to clarify which post is correct @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Tusken_Meathead on how it works for this initial release. The q&a and the road ahead contradict one another on release cadence. This q&a states immediate use in tw and gac and the road ahead reads that acquire them through the month of June and these won’t be active until July.

Thank you
  • Ghost666
    328 posts Member
    Options
    Two things i probably missed and are important for Datacrons management...

Is it usefull to have TWO datacrons from same set...can you use both (or more) at the SAME TIME?

If possible...is there any "theory" on if it is better to have several "low level" or ONE big hitter datacron...?
  • Options
    tj5270 wrote: »
    Is it possible to clarify which post is correct @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Tusken_Meathead on how it works for this initial release. The q&a and the road ahead contradict one another on release cadence. This q&a states immediate use in tw and gac and the road ahead reads that acquire them through the month of June and these won’t be active until July.

Thank you

You can use the Datacrons as soon as you have them. The Road Ahead Says 'Acquire and Upgrade' phase in June. The datacron lifecycle chart shows that you can 'Use this sets Datacrons in Battle Right Away' You can use them in the acquire and upgrade phase, not have to wait until after, no contradiction.

• StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    tj5270 wrote: »

Thank you

You can use the Datacrons as soon as you have them. The Road Ahead Says 'Acquire and Upgrade' phase in June. The datacron lifecycle chart shows that you can 'Use this sets Datacrons in Battle Right Away' You can use them in the acquire and upgrade phase, not have to wait until after, no contradiction.

Maybe it's not a contradiction, but it is confusing. But, it was written by CG, so I would be shocked if it wasn't confusing.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Is there a way to name these? Right now when I have a bunch that say level x, it's very hard to tell them apart. I have to tap on each one to see what stats it has.
  • Options
    Level 3 is alignment specific, but some squads (BHs, Mandalorians, etc...) are optimal with both dark and light side characters. Starkiller even requires both. In those situations, sure would be nice if both alignments got full value out of the datacrons instead of just stats. This also limits the value of plug and play characters like Wat, Thrawn, Armorer, etc... Was this considered during development and are there any plans to allow this in the future?
  • Options
    Would CG consider providing gear and relic materials when the datacrons are dismantled (as well as datacron materials)

People have spent a lot of time and money building squads to have solid defensive teams and equivalent counters. This is to a large degree out the window. The other issue is the temporary nature of this investment.

So rewarding gear and relic materials would:

1) Transforms temporary (over)power into permanent materials to strengthen squads.
    2) easy way to fulfill in some part of the gear economy changes we have been promised.
    3) This would I believe increase engagement with datacrons.
    4) you could scale materials to gp. For example. under 4million gets a bunch of purple gear. Over 4million gets more gold and relic. Making the purple gear more available will help newer players catch up and engage with relics sooner.

I realize it’s more of a suggestion that a question but tried to phrase it as one haha.

• Options
    I know datacrons have only been out for three days. However, I feel like I can give some initial feedback.

there is too much rng involved. Rng plays a role in the datacrons themselves plus the resources dropped from the node. Streamline this by making rewards consistent from the node. Bonus stat levels plus faction level should use the re-roll mechanic of offering three choices on the initial roll. There are enough possibilities that re-rolls will still be needed but the player will feel more in control of the datacron they are building.

Mini boss and boss fights should drop datacron resources and be repeatable like the last node. You need this addition to help with the consistency issue from above, but also because datacron farming needs to be far more passive to get any significant buy in from the players. If there are more options to work feats while farming resources than it’ll feel like less of grind.

Resources dropped from nodes should be increased. I don’t know what your idea is for the number of datacrons and level of those datacrons for the average player to obtain but, at least as of now,it feels too few and too low. This is possibly a communication error on the expected cycle of sets. However with no information on how much of the upgrade material will be rewarded from tws there is no way to fully understand how much of roll conquest plays in upgrading datacrons.

Overall this feels like too much of a grind for too little of use. A datacron will be used 13 times a month. I’m really disappointed so much development effort was used on this. A new raid, new tb, QoL changes, or some other, preferably pve, element would have been received with far greater fanfare.

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Can Wampa get a faction tag of some sort so that some day there may be a Wampacron?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    You have made bad decisions to milk money from your loyal player base (omicrons, conquest) this is by far the worst and unbalancing thing you have done. I hope whales stop spending so you can at least realize how bad this is
  • Options
    So is it pointless to upgrade a datacron beyond level 3 unless you have a full R5 squad to use it?
    Likewise, is it pointless to upgrade to level 9 unless you have a full R7 squad to use it?
    OR
    Is it that a full R3 squad can use a higher level datacron, but they only get to use the level 3 and below bonuses? Likewise for a full R5 squad using a level 9 datacron?
  • Options
    Sorry if this has been answered already. If I equip a datacron in GAC, is it "spent", or can I equip it again in TW?
  • Options
    Yes, you can unequip.
  • hunchew
    70 posts Member
    Options
    Wanted to add my feedback here:
    1. The statement that Datactons will not impact regular progression is very misleading. If a player wants to be actively involved in upgrading datacrons, they have to spend crystals shardshop or ally currency. All of that currency is currently allotted to gear and maybe shard acquisition. Using it on datacrons severely limits the normal pregression the you clain you are not impacting.
    2. The conquest bonus node reward are terrible. While the reward screen shows 2 reward boxes, the actual rewards from each box are random and you may only get reward from 1 box. The reward value themselves is pretty bad as well. Higher tier boxes do not include the chance for lower tier materials.
    3. The datacron UI is primitive. Prior posts already make multiple suggestions so I won't repeat it here.
    4. The datacron scrap return is truly abysmal. We get less then 20% of our investment.

Overall, the desire to interact with datacrons is not there. I have no desire to invest significant resources into something that will only be usable for a short duration and then be forced to scrap for measley return on my investment.
  • Options
    If you roll your first bonus mechanic and it is for darkside, is it possible to reroll that into a lightside option or will it just give variations on the first alignment you got? I tried to reroll mine and I just got more for the dark side, but that isn’t proper confirmation that it CAN’T become light side.
This discussion has been closed.