Game Freezes / Infinite loading screen glitch

Replies

• Options
    Icare.gif
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • StarSon
    7476 posts Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Annex wrote: »
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead it has been 3 weeks (Sept 30th) since you last spoke on this matter. Can you atleast update the community on what is going on?!

Spoiler alert: he has nothing to report. CG is still investigating (theoretically) and has nothing ready for a fix. If we're lucky, something will get slipped in with the Title Update for TB. Although that will also definitely make the missing buttons worse.
    CG is still able to push out new store content; even a new web store! Y'all are really showing the community you do not care about the quality of the player base.

Another spoiler alert: CG stopped caring about the community's feelings before Carrie left a few years ago. Also, do you really expect the other teams to just completely stop working until this bug is fixed? Or do you not know that the person creating the web store is not the same person fixing the crashes? They don't actually have just one laptop, that's just a meme.
  • Options
    Hello.darkness my old friend.

m0voe2un4r8w.jpg
  • Options
    Just had it on the TB special mission.. First time in about a week. It's incredibly random as to when it occurs.
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Just had it on the TB special mission.. First time in about a week. It's incredibly random as to when it occurs.

I just froze again on a TB CM. I've decided to just uninstall after TB.
  • Options
    You have to buy the stop freeze pack.
  • Options
    StAugJames wrote: »
    You have to buy the stop freeze pack.

I'd trade all my Ally Points in for that
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead it has been 3 weeks (Sept 30th) since you last spoke on this matter. Can you atleast update the community on what is going on?!

Spoiler alert: he has nothing to report. CG is still investigating (theoretically) and has nothing ready for a fix. If we're lucky, something will get slipped in with the Title Update for TB. Although that will also definitely make the missing buttons worse.
    CG is still able to push out new store content; even a new web store! Y'all are really showing the community you do not care about the quality of the player base.

Another spoiler alert: CG stopped caring about the community's feelings before Carrie left a few years ago. Also, do you really expect the other teams to just completely stop working until this bug is fixed? Or do you not know that the person creating the web store is not the same person fixing the crashes? They don't actually have just one laptop, that's just a meme.

Spoiler alert: communication goes along way.

Another spoiler alert: just goes to show where CGs priorities take place. A bug to exist for over a month is unacceptable.
  • Lumiya
    1517 posts Member
    Options

Another spoiler alert: just goes to show where CGs priorities take place. A bug to exist for over a month is unacceptable.

The sad thing is, it's not even a bug that is relatively harmless, it's a very severe bug costing people lots of rewards. One would think this was a or even -the- top priority.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • StarSon
    7476 posts Member
    Options

Spoiler alert: we know, that's why we've complained about CG's lack of it for over 6 years

Another spoiler alert: the missing buttons bug would like a word
  • Options
    Guarantee if this bug worked in the players' benefit (for instance, when everyone could play proving grounds, even if you had the character maxed already) it would be a top priority that was fixed expeditiously. Instead, since the players are the ones losing out here, CG is in no rush to fix it.
  • TVF
    36648 posts Member
    Options
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    Guarantee if this bug worked in the players' benefit (for instance, when everyone could play proving grounds, even if you had the character maxed already) it would be a top priority that was fixed expeditiously. Instead, since the players are the ones losing out here, CG is in no rush to fix it.

People keep saying this.

How did the fleet bug / mando bug they fixed in less than one night benefit players?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Really not disagreeing with your sentiment. It is very frustrating. But to take your Proving Grounds analogy, that would almost certainly be an easy fix.

My guess is the bug under discussion is genuinely hard to identify why it's happening and then find a fix for it. I don't think (might be wrong of course) that it's just being left to slide.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

People keep saying this.

How did the fleet bug / mando bug they fixed in less than one night benefit players?

The Jabba bug upon release was fixed within 45 minutes; surely don't want to hurt CGs pockets.
  • StarSon
    7476 posts Member
    Options

People keep saying this.

Edge case, but if you put BAM up front you quite possibly got a free GA win. Edge case because you had to do it, the other player had to not know about the bug and try to fight you, and would have otherwise beaten you.

People keep saying this.

The Jabba bug upon release was fixed within 45 minutes; surely don't want to hurt CGs pockets.

What was the Jabba bug?
  • Options

People keep saying this.

I think you misunderstood (or misconstrued) what I wrote. I didn't say that the only bugs which are fixed are those that don't benefit the player base. The bug you reference affected all players during GAC with very identifiable cause factors, making it easier to fix (I imagine) and also more of a priority for CG. It wasn't surprising that it was fixed quickly. However, looking at the bugs that either are pushed to the side for long periods of time or never fixed (missing buttons, this freezing bug, infinite unending loyalty, Mal drones not assisting . . .) those are more often bugs which negatively impact players. What I am saying is if this was a bug that benefited players it would be fixed faster, simple as that.
  • Options
    One would expect a compensation of at least 5000 crystals for all the missing rewards + the frustration it causes, but with CG being CG I don't even expect CWC shards for this.
  • Options
    New GAC, same problem j5ngxatckue5.jpg
  • Options
    Just lost a GL from loading death...when are you going to fix your game before dropping tons of new toons!
  • Options
    Ah yes. Another GAC and another round of more Freezes. While I know CG will never make good on these issues, just frustrating to lose in the best game mode because of the inability to fix a bug.
  • Options
    Another freeze, another potential full clear in GAC stopped.

When will this get fixed and when will the player base get compensation
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead do you guys even care anymore? Maybe you need to outsource help from another gaming company for this problem because clearly the CG team can't handle this on their own.
  • Options
    It's a feature, the haunted October scarifying.

It actually works like this. I am so afraid to play GAC now Im squeezing my cheeks together everytime I load a battle. Im just SO thankful now CG *lets* me play their game... sometimes, if they feel like letting me.
  • HaywoodJBLM
    68 posts Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Your broken game just cost me another gac. Thanks guys!! That's my favorite thing ever! Just pulled off an off meta win I've never managed before against a GL. Would have won this match against a much stronger opponent. And immediately after my great gl battle the game froze, ate my cls squad and now I can't win. That's fantastic.

I've dumped so much time and energy, and money really, into this game over the years working to tweak and perfect my roster because GAC has been my priority. I log into this game every day to continue doing it. With this bug going unfixed, I'm really just starting to feel like there's no point anymore. This robs any semblance of competition that was left in this game for me. Why are we still here? They obviously don't care about their game. I don't know why we should.
    Post edited by HaywoodJBLM on
  • Options
    Same problem here Galaxy S21.

Hurts the worse in GAC when you have one team that will counter a G.L. team and it freezes.

I haven't even posted here in years because the game is "on track", but this is bad.

Let's gooo CG!!!!
  • Options
    Galaxy Tab S7+ Every hotfix/update recently has made the crashing worse. Today it just crashes constantly even after fresh reload. Not playable like this.
  • Options
    (SWGoH freeze)
    Waaagh CG fix it
    (Another game also freezes)
    Well i am not so sure its CG's problem now
  • Funky_Baron
    25 posts Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    It's not just freezing loading into battles anymore either. I get freezes navigating the holotables.
  • Options
    Mate mine just froze before I got to the main menu, after freezing 2 GAC battles of course 🤦🏻‍♂️ As if the game isn't in a bad enough place right now as it is, this on top is just sapping the miniscule bit of passion i had left for the game! Think my time is nearly done tbf
  • Options
    Capital Games is using a datacron against our complains with 500% dogde
    This game sucks