Options
    Lumiya wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Antario wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    There is a difference between bei
    The time scales for the average player to even access this are absurd, for the free to play this is essentially something we will most likely NEVER, be able to access. Like it would require multiple lifespans of play time for a relatively new player to get multiple teams to relic 9. Meanwhile the gear changes left gear 12 pieces and kyros out of the changes, as if 9 levels of relic farming is so easy once you get to level 13... Nobody is asking for the TB to be easy or to allow us to get to it day 1, I just don't think that making it so I access it when I have a full set of grey hair makes a lot of sense either

I don't think that will be the case (grey hair). If you consider the game acceleration as linear maybe. But based on past experience, it's more incremental (sometimes even exponential in certain areas). So it could well be that in one year from now relic 9 is no longer an absurd level to achieve.

I think we still don't have enough information about TB3 and the impact of the future gear and relic material distribution change. Judging TB3 based on the current state of the game might not do it justice. I'm willing to wait and see.

Really? It took them how long, 5 years to speed up the purple gear acquisition, and you are expecting them to speed up relic mats acquisition faster than that?
    Maybe by r20 the r9 mats will be easier to obtain.

We will see about that.

We already did... they will double the prices to scrap for relics on purpose because they don't want to make it easier to relic characters. In a game where g12 is worth nothing anymore.

They did also double most of the gear sources for that scrap...

So? I know that and you know exactly what I meant. It means relics will not get easier and it will stay the same, so no speeding up or easing the relics.

Regardless of the things they've said, they have proven that they have no interest in getting more players to engage in relics. We just have to accept that. From there you either keep playing or you quit.
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    There is a difference between bei
    The time scales for the average player to even access this are absurd, for the free to play this is essentially something we will most likely NEVER, be able to access. Like it would require multiple lifespans of play time for a relatively new player to get multiple teams to relic 9. Meanwhile the gear changes left gear 12 pieces and kyros out of the changes, as if 9 levels of relic farming is so easy once you get to level 13... Nobody is asking for the TB to be easy or to allow us to get to it day 1, I just don't think that making it so I access it when I have a full set of grey hair makes a lot of sense either

I don't think that will be the case (grey hair). If you consider the game acceleration as linear maybe. But based on past experience, it's more incremental (sometimes even exponential in certain areas). So it could well be that in one year from now relic 9 is no longer an absurd level to achieve.

I think we still don't have enough information about TB3 and the impact of the future gear and relic material distribution change. Judging TB3 based on the current state of the game might not do it justice. I'm willing to wait and see.

Really? It took them how long, 5 years to speed up the purple gear acquisition, and you are expecting them to speed up relic mats acquisition faster than that?
    Maybe by r20 the r9 mats will be easier to obtain.

We will see about that.

We already did... they will double the prices to scrap for relics on purpose because they don't want to make it easier to relic characters. In a game where g12 is worth nothing anymore.

They did also double most of the gear sources for that scrap...

So?

So I believe in clarifying incomplete or misleading information, if not for you then for others who will read it and repeat it without context.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Once again, this is for high end guilds. Why do people think they have to play the newest stuff asap?

Why should the most significant new content we've gotten in a few years time be gated for anyone not in the highest of the high end guilds? That's alienating 90% of your user base who will never be able to even sniff this game mode. We all expected this to be hard, but not untouchable to all but the whaliest of whales.
  • Options
    DarthGrff wrote: »
    Once again, this is for high end guilds. Why do people think they have to play the newest stuff asap?

I’m in an almost 400 mil guild, u can’t get that much higher end. (Well u can but not many guilds) Before I get hated on, do u have a full r9 squad? I doubt anyone here does and if so then not more than 1.

I absolutely love the fact you believe high end is just a 400 mil guild.. and that you are actually able to say it.. with a straight face lol
    #JediFactionRework2018
  • Options
    Maybe it’s not that different to preloading Geos when they launched?
    — Step 1 = accept that most of us aren’t touching phase 4/5/6
    — Step 2 = R6 key teams to take part in phase 1 and 2
    — Step 3 = R7 Inquis 🤮 to reach Reva
    — Step 4 = R7 key teams to consolidate P2 and P3

And just like GeoTBs when they launched stick to the preceding TB - in that case Hoth until Step 2 is achieved… what do I know though 🤷‍♂️

This.

My initial reaction to the R8/9 requirements was negative too. The more I think about it, the more I am landing on this same thought. Yes, it does suck that most people won’t access this TB, and even those that do -will not- access the latter half of it. We will get to play it - just not all of it. That’s not that different than LS Geo.

However, most people’s short-term planning shouldn’t change based on this. If you’re working on Inquisitors, a GL, Aphra, etc., you’ll still need to complete those plans, as you’ll need them for the TB. If you’re not there yet, this is not the content for you (not trying to be mean about it - it’s just not designed for middle and lower end players - it’s designed as a challenge to high-end players). I suspect the biggest change will be for some late/end game players who have been avoiding Inquisitors will have to suck it up and do them. That being said, with GI and later with Reva, I doubt people will be quite as disappointed in them as when the faction was first presented.

I do have to agree with some other earlier comments too. If they didn’t gate it, and we just went in with underpowered characters, we’d be -even more- angry than we are with relic gates.
  • Ultra
    11535 posts Moderator
    Options
    Piatz1019 wrote: »
    The only reason I can think of for the minimums is to prevent cheating. Remember when CPit came out and a bunch of people solo'd it with only 4 R5 tooons in their roster? It's not enough of a reason to hard req all this, but I'm sure it's part of it. I think it's a big reason why all the new journey characters have hard relic requirements.

can't believe people keep using absurd requirements as justification for anti-cheating mechanism

Why not make all 6 phases R9 then?
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    Options
    Can cheaters just make their toons R9? I don't know how this stuff works.
  • Options
    Funny everyone complains about absurd reqs. But worst is that it looks like you need to remod your squads.

And NO I dont expect to get top use out of new TB just to get something to do. Best would be that wave 1 is pretty easy for relics wave 2 would need alot more and wave 3 even more. Currently LSGeo was first no go and get LsGL boom 0->4 - so something that you feel like advancing instead of on/off. Note that I still hate LS curve after few years P4 ships are 1star for example - after most get profu it might get tad better.

Back to modding: Games current remod tool is SO bad that this is even absurder.

Yes, I have 5 great mod sets. Even with the modset tool I need to clic char - go mods click mod tab - click minus to show advanced - click loadout - click tab (or default no click) - click set - click assing - click back - Click confirm
    For 8-9 clicks for 5 sets for few (2-6 fights +1 to set them back) matches that's at least 80 - 300 clicks to swap mods around if it is needed

I want to play (if I can get past reqs) not swap mods. Or use third party tool for playing. When requirements are this rough I definitely expect that even right reliced squad needs mod swapping unless you have very very good sets everywhere.

I want use these mods at slot <x> for pve and just use each once for pvp.

Only good thing is that these have just 2 waves (for this setting) - way better than fleet 1 wave which are 2nd **** only to top by 6 waves

LSgeo 20star move to this - rewards must be nice even if you just deploy. Man, when I'm deploying I feel like I play the game.

-D
  • Options
    tie34567 wrote: »

Why should the most significant new content we've gotten in a few years time be gated for anyone not in the highest of the high end guilds? That's alienating 90% of your user base who will never be able to even sniff this game mode. We all expected this to be hard, but not untouchable to all but the whaliest of whales.

Get max stars on all the other TBs first minus LSTB and then you will be ready.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    DarthGrff wrote: »

I’m in an almost 400 mil guild, u can’t get that much higher end. (Well u can but not many guilds) Before I get hated on, do u have a full r9 squad? I doubt anyone here does and if so then not more than 1.

I absolutely love the fact you believe high end is just a 400 mil guild.. and that you are actually able to say it.. with a straight face lol

Where would you place the bar for high end? Not a rhetorical question, just curious.
  • Options
    Why make parts of a game inaccessible?
    I'm fine with CG making it extremely hard, but we can't even play the missions? Just make more missions in each zone and then make *some* of them relic 8 or whatever.
    This will destroy guilds and make people quit. Again.
  • Options
    I'm fine with CG making it extremely hard, but we can't even play the missions? Just make more missions in each zone and then make *some* of them relic 8 or whatever.

Yeah I don't understand why cg insists on hard requirements while the actual gameplay would eliminate you out anyway below a certain level.

As long as the rewards are better than geo tb with the very little we can do in new tb, I doubt it'll cause a big quit wave though.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »

Yeah I don't understand why cg insists on hard requirements while the actual gameplay would eliminate you out anyway below a certain level.

As long as the rewards are better than geo tb with the very little we can do in new tb, I doubt it'll cause a big quit wave though.

It's simple. If it was only gated by difficulty, you could do it with some characters at lower relic if the most important ones are strong enough. With hard relic gate, you have to spend resources for everyone. Just arbitrary resource drain meant to make people spend more.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »

It's simple. If it was only gated by difficulty, you could do it with some characters at lower relic if the most important ones are strong enough. With hard relic gate, you have to spend resources for everyone. Just arbitrary resource drain meant to make people spend more.

So it's because they can't simply design the hardness level into it? From how it looks it will still require much more than the hard reqs though. It looks like you will not only need the reccomended level but move mods specifically to be able to beat it.
  • Lumiya
    1500 posts Member
    Options

No, but they can make their toons invincible and also ramp up their stats like offence, one hitting GLs. Kind of like a god mode, depending on what they do.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    We've talked about the relic gating, but what about the rewards? The character shards are pretty much useless considering anyone who can attempt this tb most likely has those toons reliced. The only thing I see good in them is a single omicron, and the relic materials. I will admit those are good simply because they're halving the conversion rate. What are your thoughts on it?
  • Options
    To me, the key questions are about GP needed to 1-star Territories and about rewards. If deploying is enough to get enough stars and get better rewards than GeoTBs, then it's worth doing the new one.

Assuming that even if you don't have the any of the Relic requirements, you can still deploy your entire roster, of course.
  • Options

Cheating seems to only be capable of modifying things that are on the client side (offensive battles generally) - just like putting your phone on airplane mode during TW battles in case you wipe, etc = those APKs just change the way the game plays during battles (all friendly units have millions of speed and offense, etc) then send the (cheated) results of the battles to the server side. Things stored/operations on the server side (loot rolls from battles, raids, packs), amount of gear in storage, shards and relics on characters, etc don't seem to be able to be changed by the cheaters/APK files (at least not without setting off algorithm alarms and getting the user perma-banned).

This is just conjecture based on the results of the cheating we've seen (low level/low starred/low geared characters but impossible battle outcomes) which imply that cheaters can't cheat their way directly to a full roster of R9 characters, but instead just cheese PVE (old raids on launch at least) and PVP wins to try to get more rewards before they get caught.

Not at all worth; don't cheat kids.
  • Options
    I accept that it's end game content and its a good goal to look forward to competing in. I think R9 seems extreme but by the time I get there we will have R12 so it won't seem as bad.

My hope is that they make getting to R8 & 9 easier. My guild completes the crancor so I've got plenty of the 1 half of R8 pieces but the other requires gear that is always required for lots of g13s so it's a real catch 22 where you can't really catch up.

The achievement for getting R8/9 should be completing crancor or hitting TW GP not getting stuck behind the other side.
  • Options
    Less time in game for better rewards is good news, especially during conquest.
    I don’t know if this one is good or not but, relic 10 is probably around the corner and will make this easier.
  • Options
    In the future they have to make the access for the last phases easier. It is just for money, to keep the spebders happy, to regulate the gear economy and especially to get time for the development of new content.

The relic gates will be better accessible in the near future, when abother new content arrives. At this point it does not make sense with the requirements compared to roster relics. But for the developung they have a variable limitation they can lower (e.g. by gear incoming changes for relics). And then the TB will be easier accessible.

No one has seen the star thresholds or loot so far. 20 Stars in LS Geo might get less loot than 4 or 10 stars in the new TB.
    And this might easy be acgieved by just deploying. Wait for the start.

R5 is mandatory since months for many events and partially DCs.
    If you dont have r5+ you are simply not ready.
    If you complain about not being able to play the new content with low GP accounts, then you just want to skip earlier content, which is also meant to be played.

People spend years in those contents and have grinded to be able to play the new TB. And folks now just want to skip those events and grinds, which were just being played a few months or 1-2 to years? And want to be able to participate in the endgame content?
    Dont like that idea as it negates spended time of mine and the spended money of the whales and krakens.

Sry for the punch, but I want my and their spendings known to be good handled, without someone being able to get the newest stuff by taking short passages. That sucks.

Be patient, wait for the next infos, farm and keep in mond, that developers need time for development of new content.
  • Options
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    I don’t know if this one is good or not but, relic 10 is probably around the corner and will make this easier.

All we know at this point is that the rewards are different, not better.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »

All we know at this point is that the rewards are different, not better.

This bit certainly comes from a place that the rewards will be better:
    Guilds currently earning higher level rewards from Geonosis: Separatist Might and Geonosis: Republic Offensive should expect to be well suited for success in this new Territory Battle! While it can vary greatly from Guild to Guild, we expect Guilds to generally move to this Territory Battle when they are earning around 20 stars from Light Side Geonosis Territory Battle or getting close to Max Stars on Dark Side Geonosis Territory Battle.

We'll know in an hour anyway. This is my guess: there will be things like old core gear missing from the rewards and people will claim rewards are not objectively better as a result. Meanwhile most guilds 400m+ will play it over geonosis...because the rewards are subjectively better xD
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    Options
    Well they also expect guilds around 20 stars LSTB to do this thing.

This thing where you need minimum R5 squads just to start.
  • Options
    Anyone who has not KAM should stay in LS-Geo :D
    He can be bought with GET III. This is even good enough for all requirement complainers.
  • Options
    Well they also expect guilds around 20 stars LSTB to do this thing.

This thing where you need minimum R5 squads just to start.

Even if you can't do a single battle, if your guild is getting better rewards than geonosis as a result of everyone deploying, that's playing it.
  • Options
    CG, why don’t you add more new content that is accessible here and now. And then add new content each quarter to keep relevant for players instead of adding new content once in a blue moon and gate it behind ludicrous requirements.