Krayt Dragon Rewards Need an Overhaul

Replies

• Tek_Vizsla
    157 posts Member
    Options
    "Pretty much" can = "yea, roughly" or "kinda", which in this context is how I was using it
    “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” -Martin Luther King Jr.
  • Options
    Tek_Vizsla wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Jacgul wrote: »
    @Ultra @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Tusken_Meathead @TVF @BubbaFett yeah, we'd like to hear a response of some kind.

Not sure what you would like me to say, I don't work for CG or EA, I am just someone that really enjoys the game....

It sucks that the servers went down on the 4th, but I am happy with 1000 crystals...

As for the raid rewards, I'm not happy with them either...

I just don't think the best course of action is to create multiple threads on the same subject, break forum TOS, call for a boycott with big bold capital letters etc etc... I'd rather stay calm, collect data and make a presentation accordingly....

Hear, hear
    ...MAYBE minus the 1000 crystals tho... I lost more than a 1000 crystals across the two days things were down JUST IN CRYSTALS so... yea, not majorly happy about that...

How do you lose 1000 crystals in one day?.... Not being cynical, just curious...

~300 from fleet climb, ~1075 from GAC win over not participating (just using K2 as an example.)

Pretty much
    I don’t think you lost 300 from the fleet climb…

https://swgoh.gg/p/686443287/

Well in K2 just not participating instead of winning in GAC is over 1000c still.
  • Tek_Vizsla
    157 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Wait I won it? One: how? I didn't even beat 2 teams. Two: how would you know? lol
    Edit: maybe the opponent didn't participate. Silly me haha
    “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” -Martin Luther King Jr.
  • Tek_Vizsla
    157 posts Member
    Options
    @Ultra @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Tusken_Meathead @TVF @BubbaFett yeah, we'd like to hear a response of some kind.

Not sure what you would like me to say, I don't work for CG or EA, I am just someone that really enjoys the game....

It sucks that the servers went down on the 4th, but I am happy with 1000 crystals...

I just don't think the best course of action is to create multiple threads on the same subject, break forum TOS, call for a boycott with big bold capital letters etc etc... I'd rather stay calm, collect data and make a presentation accordingly....

Hear, hear
    ...MAYBE minus the 1000 crystals tho... I lost more than a 1000 crystals across the two days things were down JUST IN CRYSTALS so... yea, not majorly happy about that...

How do you lose 1000 crystals in one day?.... Not being cynical, just curious...

~300 from fleet climb, ~1075 from GAC win over not participating (just using K2 as an example.)

Pretty much

You also won your GAC match.

And when he realizes he's beat, he runs away. Just like last time
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    Options
    I lost more than a 1000 crystals across the two days things were down JUST IN CRYSTALS so... yea, not majorly happy about that...
    Didn't say I did
    You lost nothing from fleet, and you won your GAC match, yet you claim you lost more than 1000 crystals? Come on man.

Wait I won it? One: how? I didn't even beat 2 teams. Two: how would you know? lol
    Your skill rating increased. So you won.
  • Dmitry_M81
    459 posts Member
    Options
    Ya losing the topic, it's about raid rewards remember? :neutral:
  • Tek_Vizsla
    157 posts Member
    Options
    I lost more than a 1000 crystals across the two days things were down JUST IN CRYSTALS so... yea, not majorly happy about that...
    Didn't say I did
    You lost nothing from fleet, and you won your GAC match, yet you claim you lost more than 1000 crystals? Come on man.

Confused. You're refusing to answer my questions and I already stated that I didn't know I had won. I've done very little on the game itself today. Mostly just simming and TB
  • herd_nerfer
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Didn't say I did

Confused. You're refusing to answer my questions and I already stated that I didn't know I had won. I've done very little on the game itself today. Mostly just simming and TB

Take it to a DM. This is derailing the thread.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Tek_Vizsla
    157 posts Member
    Options
    Didn't say I did

Tell him that, I don't even know why this conversation is being held
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    Options
    Didn't say I did

I agree you are confused.

You claimed you lost more than 1000 crystals, yet the 2 main sources of crystals, fleet and GAC show that
    - you don’t win crystals in fleet ever, so you lost nothing there
    - You won your round in GAC, so you lost nothing there.

If you wonder how I know this, it’s all clearly visible on your swgoh.gg profile, which is easily found because you’ve posted your ally code on the forums.

Hear, hear

Pretty much

You also won your GAC match.

And when he realizes he's beat, he runs away. Just like last time
    If that’s aimed at me, that is truly laughable.
  • DavienBlackstar
    59 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Didn't say I did

It might have something to do with your half of it. (just going by post counts) ;-)
  • Tek_Vizsla
    157 posts Member
    Options
    Didn't say I did

It might have something to do with your half of it. (just going by post counts) ;-)

Well I'm going back to actually doing something with my life instead of arguing on a forum about a game with someone who's not listening so win-win for everyone ig lol
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

Hear, hear

Pretty much

Well in K2 just not participating instead of winning in GAC is over 1000c still.

Again, not being cynical, but just don't get that math.... If you participate and you win, you get 825, if you participate and you lose you get 200.... If you don't participate you get nothing, which you are saying is the case I am assuming?
  • Gawejn
    1125 posts Member
    Options
    So … as a largely F2P player I’ve relied on raid rewards (and fleet crystals) to advance in this game. I could finish top 3 in sith raid consistently. 5.5M GP with GL and exec. Guild shards from han / GK shards also helped with relic mats from scavenger.

With the new raid … I can’t even earn any currency to get ANY gold gear. Or relic mats. I can buy some mk9 purple gear. My guild has 300m gp and we will barely get out of purple gear rewards at all.

I almost have jabba unlocked.. but even then .. i will not get much further on this “reward” track.

How on earth am i supposed to proceed any further in this game? Save crystals for a month at a time to buy one gold piece a month and maybe relic a couple characters a year? (Exaggeration but that is what it sure feels like).

Raid rewards kept me in this.

I have no idea if you expierienced 2016 in this game but it was a nightmare to play this game, everything was really hard to get,long time farms. F2p players were getting scraps. It got better lately but this update changed everything back to previous long time farm.
  • vormir
    16 posts Member
    Options
    Konju wrote: »
    Why is it that 1 solo SLKR squad earns the guild more from Sith raid than 50 x Jabba AND 50 x Mandos all at R5? Looking at Conquest, once you hit 4M and earn first crate on Hard mode your rewards are better. Why isn’t the first crate in the Krayt raid worth more than max crate Sith raid?

You are giving them ideas ! Clearly they won't increase new raid rewards but lower sith and any other legacy raid rewards !
  • MasterGomez87
    144 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    all im saying is if im tasked with designing such a feature and it comes out this poorly that job would have Fired me.

On the Spot.
  • Engage
    267 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    I can see people quitting over these changes. We no longer get any tangible rewards from the raids that are worth anything at all. Especially the payout for the new raid. CG outright lied to us and thinks everyone who plays their game is a worthless number. How is this supposed to be a "fun" change?
    This is what the HSith would have given everyone in guild. Which is an insult at how garbage these currency are.
    mk1 8475
    mk2 4000
    This is what I personally received from the new Krayt raid with guild and personal rewards included.
    mk1 5150
    Post edited by Engage on
  • Options
    " we didn't like the Challenge Rancor, so instead we designed something much worse. enjoy." - Crumb
  • CrispyFett
    987 posts Member
    Options
    This thread is getting derailed. Let's get back to focusing on the one thing everyone can agree on: CG explicitly stated that the new reward system would be equal to what people were earning before from all raids, and at higher difficulties, would even be better (Eyo quoted it earlier, but see below again- the red emphasis is from CG's original post). I don't think anyone is claiming the new rewards are better; I don't think anyone is even claiming they are equal. The consensus seems to be that they are in fact worse. So there should be some explanation of this discrepancy of what was promised vs. what was delivered, and hopefully, a promise to review and improve the reward system going forward.

1ab0qvmlwjh6.png
  • herd_nerfer
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    So, what I'm REALLY not getting here - and maybe someone at CG can clear it up - if we're going to be limited to one raid at a time - why would the next raids starting rewards not equal the previous raids max rewards? Isn't that how progression works?

Completely ignoring the disparity between the old rewards and the current rewards (which is a BIG deal), what incentive is there to move on to the next raid if the rewards are less than what we would get for doing the old raid? Other than seeing the new content (which we've seen now - and the content itself is great and I WANT to play it) why on earth would I ask my people to take less rewards than what they get in HSTR? As a guild leader how am I supposed to sell that to my members? As a player, what's my motivation to do that? WHY would I do that?

Also, where are the aeros? My guildmates and officers worked for those CPIT rewards - we spent hours, days, weeks and months reviewing strategies, collecting data on team comps, graphing out what would work, what wouldn't work, what substitutions could be made in various teams so we didn't have to demand people farm specific things. That was months of prodding people and analyzing data and organizing people both in-game and in discord. My whole guild came together and we accomplished that and that was a huge thing for us. This is no mean feat for a casual guild - this was asking a lot of my guild. And now all of that work amounts to nothing? We have to reach another arbitrary threshold in this new raid to have the opportunity to buy a fraction of what we were getting before in spite of the fact that we ALREADY PUT IN THE WORK to have access to those materials?

I HAVE to be missing something. This can't be the whole picture. CG... tell me there's more, or that I'm missing something. Make this make sense.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Notthatguyfrombefore
    1099 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    It would actually seem for most guilds, if they want to end up hitting better rewards on Krayt, that the best course rn is to keep doing HSTR while building the squads needed for Krayt, which is absolutely not how this transition should be happening. We should be incentivised to build while playing Krayt itself, like when guilds worked their way towards clearing CPit. As it stands there is 0 incentive for anyone outside the top few guilds to play Krayt. Even at 420/430m GP (which I would have thought was well above their target for Krayt) it seems like the vast majority of guilds would be better off sticking with HSTR.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    The other thing I would add to the above is "where is the raid character?"..... Every new raid with the exception of Crancor which, lets face it, was just an beefed up Rancor with no Han shards (so I don't count it as being "new"), has given us a cool new character that has been and still is useful to this day... That alone would at least give some motivation to make the switch...
  • LordDirt
    5060 posts Member
    Options
    The other thing I would add to the above is "where is the raid character?"..... Every new raid with the exception of Crancor which, lets face it, was just an beefed up Rancor with no Han shards (so I don't count it as being "new"), has given us a cool new character that has been and still is useful to this day... That alone would at least give some motivation to make the switch...

I was holding out hope for Cobb Vanth. He would have been a perfect reward for this raid.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options
    I do think it's possible that CG have intentionally low balled the current rewards to such a degree that it allows for some wiggle room to revise upwards. Done it a way to assuage some player frustration but would still represent a sizeable net loss on the player side.

We'll see.
  • CrispyFett
    987 posts Member
    Options

Yes! this too. Part of the excitement of a new raid was Who will the Raid Toon be? I thought maybe they were saving it for a surprise, but nope. Nada. Give us a new Raid Toon and a reason to play KD
  • Options
    Imo CG should just put the old raids back on sim and put the old rewards back in, sometimes what you plan and work hard doesnt pan out and adjustments must be made, it has happened with every long running game, anywhere from star wars the old republic all the way to world of warcraft.
  • Fieldgulls
    425 posts Member
    Options

Hear, hear

At most you lose 900 for not participating and winning (and that's if you are Kyber 1)....

I have to admit I didn't factor in not getting the second place rewards for not getting the 10 banners .... Most of us were able to get on and play, but that's a fair point...

Think before you post.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Fieldgulls wrote: »

Hear, hear

At most you lose 900 for not participating and winning (and that's if you are Kyber 1)....

I have to admit I didn't factor in not getting the second place rewards for not getting the 10 banners .... Most of us were able to get on and play, but that's a fair point...

Think before you post.

I did, but thanks for the sound advice...

A lot of us actually got our GAC done as the servers were not down that full 24 hours... But I digress..
  • SSB
    72 posts Member
    Options
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    6- Start strategizing, reading the raid parameters and developing teams (it's a hell of a lot less boring than 49 guildies entering an hstr and one guy soloing it)

Yeah, pass on that one.
    Recruiting & TB already take FAR to much of my time as it is.
    If I'm asked to this as well that's gonna be a deal breaker.
    BubbaFett, want to be the leader of my guild?

Besides, sone if my best tines in swgoh were around me and my guildies working together to beat raids, I am glad that's back...

But there is no “beating this raid.” The rewards are the rewards I don’t see cg changing them except to maybe add credits??? This raid will give you about as much enjoyment as you get when you’ve finished doing 40 win with x feats in conquest if your guild ever reaches 520 million points.

Nah they probably will change the rewards. Standard mobile developer tactics. If you want to nerf something by 20% you first nerf it by 50% then when people complain you increase the rewards to that 20% nerf point. Lots of dumb people then walk away happy because the developers listened to their feedback and forget that they are still getting nerfed by 20%.

Exactly this… I can already see the posts from CG that they’re listening to the players when in reality they have it all planned as a nerf and spinning this as a positive for the players
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    I was holding out hope for Cobb Vanth. He would have been a perfect reward for this raid.

you’re absolutely correct, big brain moment
This discussion has been closed.