Krayt Dragon Rewards Need an Overhaul

191011121315Next

Replies

• nfidel2k
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Evinruude wrote: »
    If you did not expect the raid rewards to be more restrictive after this change, you have not been paying attention.

But you know ... they cannot just keep adding new raids and giving out more and more collectables for free. They did the math and decided raid rewards needed to be cut. This is how it will be from now on.

Well the problem is that’s not what they said. That’s actually the opposite of what was posted in their statement.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • HumbleMumble
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    After seeing the result of this new raid launch it would be enlightening to get an official statement from someone in charge of this game of what their expectation of the outcome was supposed to have been and how that differs from the actual outcome, maybe with a small lessons learned to ensure that CG finally learned something for the future. Or should we continue to expect the worst from CG? Do you even care about the company you run or your customers?
  • SotaDraken
    447 posts Member
    Options
    After seeing the result of this new raid launch it would be enlightening to get an official statement from someone in charge of this game of what their expectation of the outcome was supposed to have been and how that differs from the actual outcome, maybe with a small lessons learned to ensure that CG finally learned something for the future. Or should we continue to expect the worst from CG? Do you even care about the company you run or your customers?

We're waiting.....

Impatiently...
  • SkillKing
    26 posts Member
    Options
    Hello mods! @CG_Tusken_Meathead first and foremost, thank you for being our emissary to the CG devs, that would be rough as in someway you are the messenger but you take 99% of our heat. All other mods, likewise. In reading your comments, I also understand that some of you are also players, like @Ultra, and are probably frustrated.

Second, Thanks for pushing for the "May the 4th" compensation after the game went down. I for one, was very grateful that you guys attached something worthwhile to our expected Clone Wars Chewy shards, in the form of crystals.

Third, I also dug up this account I haven't used in four years, just to keep updated on what the heck is going on with this raid situation. Just know we are hurting for information on these raid rewards.

I know there isn't a lot you can tell us yet as I'm sure it takes time to get CG all your feedback, and more time for them to discuss how to fix it, and even more time for them to implement a plan, but any kind of daily update would be hugely appreciated by the player base. Even if the update is "I talked to the devs again today, and are looking into the math to confirm the issues I brought up," or "I talked to the devs, they asked for a few days to discuss, I will try again on the 11th"

I think even small amounts of info would go a long way right now concerning these raid rewards. Some kind of inclination that CG is currently looking into making a plan would help a lot of people keep their patience.

Thanks again for all you guys do.
  • madTmax
    3 posts Member
    Options
    I agree, this isn't a f2p vs p2p issue, this is an everyone issue. If all the f2p players leave, what is really the point of being all p2p, who can spend the most? I've been with the game for 5 years and this is the first update that has really pushed me to think of leaving. CG has made a huge miscalculation here. I've always heard the saying: 'pigs get fat, hogs get slaughterd'. CG has turned into a 'hog' with this one, piled on other recent updates. If something isn't announced soon to walk back the update and/or fix this, I'll be leaving the game. Plain and simple math there.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    madTmax wrote: »
    I agree, this isn't a f2p vs p2p issue, this is an everyone issue. If all the f2p players leave, what is really the point of being all p2p, who can spend the most? I've been with the game for 5 years and this is the first update that has really pushed me to think of leaving. CG has made a huge miscalculation here. I've always heard the saying: 'pigs get fat, hogs get slaughterd'. CG has turned into a 'hog' with this one, piled on other recent updates. If something isn't announced soon to walk back the update and/or fix this, I'll be leaving the game. Plain and simple math there.

That math looks like 300.000-1=still 300.000.
  • Options
    It's no different than going out to vote. Either it counts or it doesn't.
  • beli631
    31 posts Member
    Options
    I have been playing online games for around 20yrs and saw crap dungeons/raids that were either reward underwhelming/f2p unfriendly/too difficult/too time consuming but never saw that they brought net loss for players.

This raid is problematic in its core, it actually functions as mini TB where you need to have specific high relic teams and all of your guild needs to have and ofc be heavily active. Many now do math how to get atleast equal of what we had before but whats the point of that? To have a new raid and gear characters for it just get back where you were?

Shop prices are totally insane: old sith raid could give crafted g12+ piece (micro chance for 2) or gave 40-50 g12+ shards, in this shop for 50 shards you need to pay 2800-3200 get 2 tokens, most players have no chance of getting that per raid, and please no crap like "hey but now you can choose which ones you want" because u needed all either for gear or scavenger.
    Whats the point of zetas, kryos, relic mats in this shop? No one will buy that and they know it.

Scavenger after 2x drop patch actually got worse, bronzium wiring for exaple (i need to use crystals now on that), now it will be even harder to get all "trash" gear for salvage. I have no idea why are bronzium wirings so expensive for crystals or tokens since you need them almost the same as CCB except "give us moneys" reason.

I really dont understand why they coudnt leave old raids on sim and just add this new one.

I like the looks of new raid and that different teams have different bonuses but as things are now i would have no problem if they rollback to old raids without krayt if they dont plan to fix this.
  • Options
    What I don't understand is that CG knows this community is made up of some very smart people and that they would run the numbers and show everyone how bad the new rewards actually are. As someone who runs a sales department I always tell my guys to be upfront to our customers if we change something that is not in their favor. People are not stupid, they see through double talk and get more upset when you lie to them (as CG did). Now CG has decided to bury their head in the sand and not respond, this is the second big mistake. With any PR issue it is always best to get out in front of it. Mistake on top of mistake.

a1hgzsyvlyel.jpg

• Options
    Bit of math around R8 requirements.

You currently need:
    240 Aeromagnifiers for GL/Ship reqs
    140 extra to R8 all GLs

If you are lucky enough to get the 130 mil box and get 3 aeros it will take 120 raids

To R9 your GLs, which is a choice obv, but tbf what's the point of R9 if not to apply them to GLs? That's an extra 140 aeros, an additional 47 raids.

And before the comments start, I know the point of game is to accumulate over time and if you have 7 GLs you will probably be getting higher rewards etc.

However that is just for the bare minimum, not accounting for characters that you should aim for at the highest relic. Gas, Maul, royal guard for LV etc, to name a few. You could easily name a list of 10 that should be R8.

I also know you will pick up aeros from conquest etc. However the point is, R8 shouldn't have to be so painful it's meant to unlock the game, not restrict it. R9 is long enough and R10 has long been teased. I understand its a money game and this is probably designed to 'encourage' more players to spend. However any player that will buy from the weekly shipments/packs on aeros, are just as likely to spend that money in other areas of the game. Players buying these are probably the players investing in datacroms, which I'm not knocking whales, I'm just saying they will spend regardless and don't need dictating too.
  • Options
    Here's a suggestion for the rewards, use the new currencies to replace the gear boxes only and include the rest of the previous rewards (credits, og guild currency, shards, etc), then set the amount of new mats for the pit raid.

Next, make the first crate in the tank raid all of the rewards from the pit and the final crate the new mats, old currency, credits, etc.

Then the first crate in the Sith raid is all of the previous pit and tank rewards and the final crate is the new mats, old currency, credits, etc.

The first guild crate in the krayt raid is all of the previous rewards and build from there, but there needs to be some Mk3 currency early on because of the loss of CPit rewards, maybe some in the guild crate and some in the personal rewards.

If they think that this will be too many rewards compared to the previous raid setup, then up the amount of tickets needed to launch raids.
  • Drathuk916
    633 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Bit of math around R8 requirements.

You currently need:
    240 Aeromagnifiers for GL/Ship reqs
    140 extra to R8 all GLs

If you are lucky enough to get the 130 mil box and get 3 aeros it will take 120 raids

To R9 your GLs, which is a choice obv, but tbf what's the point of R9 if not to apply them to GLs? That's an extra 140 aeros, an additional 47 raids.

And before the comments start, I know the point of game is to accumulate over time and if you have 7 GLs you will probably be getting higher rewards etc.

However that is just for the bare minimum, not accounting for characters that you should aim for at the highest relic. Gas, Maul, royal guard for LV etc, to name a few. You could easily name a list of 10 that should be R8.

I also know you will pick up aeros from conquest etc. However the point is, R8 shouldn't have to be so painful it's meant to unlock the game, not restrict it. R9 is long enough and R10 has long been teased. I understand its a money game and this is probably designed to 'encourage' more players to spend. However any player that will buy from the weekly shipments/packs on aeros, are just as likely to spend that money in other areas of the game. Players buying these are probably the players investing in datacroms, which I'm not knocking whales, I'm just saying they will spend regardless and don't need dictating too.

You so underestimate r8 need.

4 more needed for zone 4 ops if you’re doing your fair share unless your guild will settle for less than 36 stars.

Tb cms in zone four if you want star 37+ can be what 30 more r8s at least.

So you need to go for max personal reward which adds probably at least 7 r8s that aren’t need for gl/ships/ops/cms.

So many quotes about why worry about Aeros I’ve got 100 or 400 or 500. Well I’ve got over 820 and while it’ll take me at least the rest of the year to use them, it is not enough to cover the reasonable need of Aeros unless I’m willing to give up on participating in or achieving progression in many sections of the game. I didn’t even mention any coming r9/r8 reqs or any other section of the game that will be gated in the future by r8

Just because most haven’t hit the scarcity wall yet doesn’t mean it’s not obviously there and will disproportionately effect the lower and middle game players that didn’t have cpit on farm for 2 years+
  • Options
    Appreciate that they're going to rework the Krait rewards, but the announced changes still don't address the missing Get1 & Get2 currencies from the old reward system. Please please factor these critical currencies into your new rewards system because the loss of these currencies seriously screws over newer players.
  • Fieldgulls
    424 posts Member
    Options
    Appreciate that they're going to rework the Krait rewards, but the announced changes still don't address the missing Get1 & Get2 currencies from the old reward system. Please please factor these critical currencies into your new rewards system because the loss of these currencies seriously screws over newer players.

Yes, positive changes but still in nerf territory. Hopefully they just forgot to include these and credits in their post. Definitely not a net positive. They also need to fix some of the currency pricing in the store…especially on relic scrap materials.
  • Boomer8800
    408 posts Member
    Options
    please make the update before 11am PT so we dont waste tixs after the reset waiting to launch
  • Nohmega
    4 posts Member
    Options
    Low-Mid level accounts still need access to more Credits. You have destroyed their progression immensely in favor of satisfying the Mid-End Game characters.

Its very simple: Add Credit Heist every week, or Add 4 Million Credits for each Krayt Raid Attempt per person.
  • madTmax
    3 posts Member
    Options

Agreed, we'll see what changes they really make, there is some positive news there that they acknowledge the player's feedback. They still need to ensure rewards balance out for how often we can do raids going forward, something that also wasn't mentioned.

I think they have an uphill challenge to satisfy the situation given how much they soured this launch.
  • SotaDraken
    447 posts Member
    Options
    I am impressed that CG moved this fast for some changes but as noted above, it still needs tweaking to match to get what the Raids were before and as the KR is more difficult/gated by factions now, the rewards need to be that carrot before the mule to get us to "engage."
  • Options
    @Ultra or another mod, now that CG will be changing the rewards, should the current threads with complaints/feedback be closed and new ones opened after the changes are implemented?
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    yeah once i’m not lazy enough to do so
  • Teron
    12 posts Member
    Options
    guys, it is great that CG changes rewards, but where are credits? and mk6 droid caller is also REALLY needed for mk1 raid tokens..
  • x72821
    46 posts Member
    Options
    Hope this gets fixed.
This discussion has been closed.