Captain Rex Marquee Event Problems

Prev13456
I understand that CG is wanting to shorten the marquee unlock process, but now it takes even longer thanks to the Tier 2 portion. I had to put my phone on auto and I left it there for nearly half an hour before it cleared. How is this change a QoL update?

Replies

• Options
    nkoj9gdx4su9.png

What I notice is that I appear to be stuck in a loop.
    Since posting this, I have surpassed 90 armour shreds.
  • Options
    yeah, if his performance in the marquee is an indication of how he will perform in game, he is going to be a low priority farm.
    really low
  • Derdhal
    27 posts Member
    Options
    It's a great tier to press "auto" and go somewhere like to other side of the country. You will probably go back and it is still autoplaying it.
  • Options
    Don't worry, Captain Rex excels at taking healthy front lines. You'll get there soon...if your battery doesn't run out.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    BasherBeau wrote: »
    I love how people complain that the computer isn't winning the encounter for them. Maybe try playing it?

You're new here aren't you?
  • Options
    Too many debuffs that trigger Bossk’s unique and they heal before you can take any one of them down. Too bad you the armor shred wouldn’t work for conquest though lol
  • Options
    I love how people complain that the computer isn't winning the encounter for them. Maybe try playing it?

Been playing it and can't beat it. What's the strategy?
  • Options
    I have been trying the last 10 minutes to beat tier 2...
  • Options
    9dnmfz4vdunz.png

Remember my posting from 17 min ago? Still going..........
    Maybe when I reach 205 shreds.....
  • Boomer8800
    408 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Killed Bossk first,had Dengar last and he didnt die till 65 shreds on him on auto.. BORING!
    qunlfl1hjocd.png
  • Derdhal
    27 posts Member
    Options
    Aicandme wrote: »

1- Get tired of see you can't kill them.
    2- Press "auto".
    3- Wait for it. It will happen at some point.
  • Options
    You have to play it manually. Keep Bossk stunned at every chance you get. Assists on Zam to land armor shred, take her out then auto did the job. Even so, it takes a lot of time. The team is so bad that they needed a few minutes on auto to take out a lone Dengar
  • Caro
    3 posts Member
    Options
    Seriously though - how is this winnable? What am I missing? It's been half an hour, and I'm well past 100 armor shreds on Bossk. Either he's taunting or the other two are stealthed, so I can't get shots on the others.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Yeah I played manually and had no problem with Bossk and Zam, but it did take 65+ (last I looked at my phone before winning) armor shreds before Dengar went down. I only played manually for about 20 of them, then figured "Well I can't die eventually I'm sure he will have close enough to 0 armor that a few crits in a row will kill him." Apparently so. I was AKF when he died.

Very poorly tested marquee. If CG was looking to get players excited to buy $300 worth of packs to 7* this guy, they probably should have at least played their own event just once and would have seen a 5-20 minute tedious battle is not a good selling point.
  • crzydroid
    7333 posts Moderator
    Options
    Aicandme wrote: »

Keep Bossk stunned as you can and try to get by without him taunting while you focus on Zam. Assists are helpful (can stun her to if Bossk is already taken care of). Rex's debuffing ability gives your team tm. Once Zam is down it's beatable (but even just Dengar will take entirely too long).

If Zam goes into stealth, you'll get stuck.
  • Screerider
    1385 posts Member
    Options
    Auto did it in ~10 minutes
  • StarSon
    7466 posts Member
    Options
    At least I know not to apply this omicron :joy:
  • Tschysas
    9 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    what the heck CG ?!?!
    its running for 30 minutes now.... boosk is down.... zam & dengar unbeatable ?!!?!? !?!
    what is wrong with you guys ??!!? seriously ....
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • Options
    I got wrecked by CLS in Tier 1. Lol. I can't remember ever failing a marquee event. I guess Phoenix still sucks even with Captain Rex?
  • Options
    This is not exactly the best advert for a new toon lol
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Whatelse73
    2186 posts Member
    Options
    Tschysas wrote: »
    what the **** CG ?!?!
    its running for 30 minutes now.... boosk is down.... zam & dengar unbeatable ?!!?!? !?!
    what is wrong with you guys ??!!? seriously ....

Best I've seen is just start the tier 2 and press auto then walk away. Took me about 7 minutes, a couple in my guild took 30. If you get through Bossk quick, you get stuck on Dengar. If you don't get through Bossk quickly, stop and try restarting. Bossk needs to go down quickly and then it should go quicker.

It would appear that, if CG did testing on this event, they used their 14 mil GP magic kill everything account and said, "yep, works fine!"
  • Caro
    3 posts Member
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    If Zam goes into stealth, you'll get stuck.

Stuck is right. I rebooted and was able to knock out Bossk, and eventually Zam, but dang this is an absolute slog. Why introduce a character with so little value? Better off just reintroducing us to Jedi Consular.
  • Options
    I set to auto and had no issues. Curious though what random thing happened that I didn't fall into this same loop.
  • Options
    d55dgk0leyzs.jpg

• Options
    40 minutes ... STILL RUNNNING !!!!
  • Options
    I am rather annoyed with this event. When I attempted the second tier, I couldn’t take down the bounty hunters. Normally I’d go back and retry no worries but this event isn’t giving an introduction of Rex’s abilities like previous events. And for someone who doesn’t frequent the forums these tutorials are a boon to learning a new character. Also once Cody died & the hunters got their payouts, it took another 8-10 minutes for the Sergeant and Rex to fall. That’s too long.
  • Whatelse73
    2186 posts Member
    Options
    Press auto and if Bossk goes down fairly quickly, like before contract hits, then it should be ten minutes at most. Someone in my guild hit 100 stacks of armor shred, so if he doesn't go down just restart and press auto again until he goes down fairly quickly.

After that it'll be a few minutes with Zam and Dengar.

But yes, I'm sure there are some people who just did manual and basic and got it done in 90 seconds because they are L337 pwners.