Leviathan isn’t pushing the meta…

Replies

• rickertron
    334 posts Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    rickertron wrote: »
    12 pages and still going strong, given its for a new ship that maybe 1% of the playing population already have and is still months if not years away from being on the radar for the majority of players. Its been less than a month. Let the kinks get worked out and stop beating the dead horse to death that is out of sight and out of mind for the vast majority of players.

Or, maybe if it doesn't interest someone they could not click on it and read it? The title of the thread is pretty much self explanatory after all.....

Good point.
  • StarSon
    7464 posts Member
    Options
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    12 pages and still going strong, given its for a new ship that maybe 1% of the playing population already have and is still months if not years away from being on the radar for the majority of players. Its been less than a month. Let the kinks get worked out and stop beating the dead horse to death that is out of sight and out of mind for the vast majority of players.

Its an important issue because this was a ship which was hyped by CG as surpassing both Exec and ProFun. There are numerous bugs with the ship still unresolved weeks after release, which, IMO, prevent it from "surpassing" those ships. People invested heavily in farming for this ship based on CG's claims about it. While you may not have the ship currently, this same situation can just as easily happen to the next toon or ship coming out that perhaps you will obtain on release. Either way, there are plenty of other threads discussing non-Leviathan matters. The people keeping this thread going are obviously people who are interested in the outcome of this, and don't want this issue to become "out of sight, out of mind" for CG

CG is obviously not going to leave these things unfixed. However, to the point of the thread this ship beats everything on offense with extreme ease and holds better than any of the other capital ships. It maybe not be as dominant as we wanted (which will probably change after the fixes) but it 100% is objectively better than Exec and Prof.
  • Options
    If Levi doesn't work well at 5 or 6 stars, it is effectively worse than both Exec and Profundity. Exec n Profundity are quite decent at 5 or 6 stars. By locking all good abilities at 7 star, CG is effectively ensuring that people 1) spend huge resources to unlock 2) spend crystal vaults to upgrade to 7 star to derive value.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Its an important issue because this was a ship which was hyped by CG as surpassing both Exec and ProFun. There are numerous bugs with the ship still unresolved weeks after release, which, IMO, prevent it from "surpassing" those ships. People invested heavily in farming for this ship based on CG's claims about it. While you may not have the ship currently, this same situation can just as easily happen to the next toon or ship coming out that perhaps you will obtain on release. Either way, there are plenty of other threads discussing non-Leviathan matters. The people keeping this thread going are obviously people who are interested in the outcome of this, and don't want this issue to become "out of sight, out of mind" for CG

CG is obviously not going to leave these things unfixed. However, to the point of the thread this ship beats everything on offense with extreme ease and holds better than any of the other capital ships. It maybe not be as dominant as we wanted (which will probably change after the fixes) but it 100% is objectively better than Exec and Prof.

I was responding to another poster who basically was stating that we shouldn't be whining about this because only 1% of the players have the ship, so its not of interest to most of the player base. In any event, I don't think in it's current state it is 100% objectively better than Exec or Profun. Perhaps once the bugs are fixed, it will be.
    Only time will tell. Also stating something is "100% objectively" better than something else is often a problematic statement. For instance, I don't imagine Levi is objectively better than ProFun at ROTE LS ship battles...
  • Options
    SithAmer wrote: »
    If Levi doesn't work well at 5 or 6 stars, it is effectively worse than both Exec and Profundity. Exec n Profundity are quite decent at 5 or 6 stars. By locking all good abilities at 7 star, CG is effectively ensuring that people 1) spend huge resources to unlock 2) spend crystal vaults to upgrade to 7 star to derive value.

What does it mean to you for it to "work well" at 5 or 6 stars?
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • StarSon
    7464 posts Member
    Options

I was responding to another poster who basically was stating that we shouldn't be whining about this because only 1% of the players have the ship, so its not of interest to most of the player base. In any event, I don't think in it's current state it is 100% objectively better than Exec or Profun. Perhaps once the bugs are fixed, it will be.
    Only time will tell. Also stating something is "100% objectively" better than something else is often a problematic statement. For instance, I don't imagine Levi is objectively better than ProFun at ROTE LS ship battles...

I was responding to your statements because it is surpassing Exec and Prof in the meta. It beats both without issue. It has a higher hold % than both in GA. I guess we don't have TW data, so maybe 100% wasn't quite right, but since it holds better in GA I assume that carries over to TW. PVE performance is not related to any hype around how Levi performs in the meta.
  • Devian
    672 posts Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

It's like a question for everyone you know. Using 1 or 2 abilities wrong shouldn't be punishible against current meta(I mean prof and exe). And instead, Profundity and Exe users should think deeply which lineups and abilities they use and which reinfocement they call. And they should call reinforcements(and not just any but those that are necessary) and not rushing with 3 ships. Plus, no other CS should beat it with 1 attack unless those ships are really a lot more powerfull than sith's(which is probably not possible considering all sith ships are at least 7*, excepts sassy for the first time)
  • Options
    Devian wrote: »

It's like a question for everyone you know. Using 1 or 2 abilities wrong shouldn't be punishible against current meta(I mean prof and exe). And instead, Profundity and Exe users should think deeply which lineups and abilities they use and which reinfocement they call. And they should call reinforcements(and not just any but those that are necessary) and not rushing with 3 ships. Plus, no other CS should beat it with 1 attack unless those ships are really a lot more powerfull than sith's(which is probably not possible considering all sith ships are at least 7*, excepts sassy for the first time)

If I'm reading you right, you want it to be better on defense than it is currently at 5 or 6 stars, and you want to be able to make mistakes on offense and still win. Also no other capital ship (I'm guessing that's what you mean by CS?) should be able to one-shot it. Maybe I misunderstood you but it sounds to me like that's what you're saying.

If that's what you want and expect, that's fine - I'm just trying to understand what peoples expectations are. Those would not be my expectations of a 5 or 6 star ship, but we don't have to agree on that. That's precisely why some people went straight to 7* though - because they weren't expecting that kind of performance before the ship was fully upgraded.
  • Devian
    672 posts Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    If I'm reading you right, you want it to be better on defense than it is currently at 5 or 6 stars, and you want to be able to make mistakes on offense and still win. Also no other capital ship (I'm guessing that's what you mean by CS?) should be able to one-shot it. Maybe I misunderstood you but it sounds to me like that's what you're saying.

If that's what you want and expect, that's fine - I'm just trying to understand what peoples expectations are. Those would not be my expectations of a 5 or 6 star ship, but we don't have to agree on that. That's precisely why some people went straight to 7* though - because they weren't expecting that kind of performance before the ship was fully upgraded.
    no other capital ship than profundity and exe. But yes.
    That's how it was for exe and profundity, but a bit closer to the launch of exe. 5-6* could stand firmly on defens and were allowed to do mistakes on offense.
    For a day1 7* with such requirements +25k+ crystals it should be auto on offense =D
  • StarSon
    7464 posts Member
    Options

no other capital ship than profundity and exe. But yes.
    That's how it was for exe and profundity, but a bit closer to the launch of exe. 5-6* could stand firmly on defens and were allowed to do mistakes on offense.
    For a day1 7* with such requirements +25k+ crystals it should be auto on offense =D

A day 1 7* with similar requirements +25k crystals couldn't auto on offense when that ship was Executor.
  • Options
    I used Executor on offence on auto at 5* to beat anything other than another Exec. I'm sure I did it plenty of times. It was the leading edge of a major jump in the meta, and I didn't do that with Profundity against Exec, but yeah. I sure as heck did that with Exec vs. Nego and Home1. Probably Mal as well, though my shard didn't have many people putting Mal on defense if I remember correctly from that long ago.
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    i'll auto everything for you for 50k crystals
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I used Executor on offence on auto at 5* to beat anything other than another Exec. I'm sure I did it plenty of times. It was the leading edge of a major jump in the meta, and I didn't do that with Profundity against Exec, but yeah. I sure as heck did that with Exec vs. Nego and Home1. Probably Mal as well, though my shard didn't have many people putting Mal on defense if I remember correctly from that long ago.

I haven't had the opportunity to try Levi against anything other than mirrors, Prof, and Exec - I'll admit I have no idea how it performs on offense against any other fleet. I'd be kind of surprised if it didn't work on auto - that being said, I'm not sure I would want to try unless I knew for sure and without a doubt that losing didn't matter.
  • Options

I was responding to your statements because it is surpassing Exec and Prof in the meta. It beats both without issue. It has a higher hold % than both in GA. I guess we don't have TW data, so maybe 100% wasn't quite right, but since it holds better in GA I assume that carries over to TW. PVE performance is not related to any hype around how Levi performs in the meta.

I've responded a few times but keep getting "waiting on comment approval". In short, I don't see how you can argue with a straight face that it is currently surpassing Exec and Profun. Perhaps when the bugs are fixed it will, but only time will tell on that. It potentially equals them currently, and many would say it does not even do that. This thread would not still be going strong if it objectively "surpassed" them. I switched back to Profun in fleet arena because I was falling further with Levi on defense than I do with Profun. Its also much easier for me to win using Profun against Exec and Profun rather than Levi. All of my extra fleet attempts I use Levi to work on my strategy, but even when I win it never feels like the dominance you experience using ProFun vs. Exec, or Exec v. Mal/Neg.
  • Options
    At 7* I deeply regret saving for the leviathan. It’s a joke that I can beat profundity 1 out of 3 battles. At this point you’ve had the know issues for weeks and not even a report on a timeline for the fix. I would love a refund and you can just give us the profundity at 7*
  • VladoVDD
    149 posts Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

I've responded a few times but keep getting "waiting on comment approval". In short, I don't see how you can argue with a straight face that it is currently surpassing Exec and Profun. Perhaps when the bugs are fixed it will, but only time will tell on that. It potentially equals them currently, and many would say it does not even do that. This thread would not still be going strong if it objectively "surpassed" them. I switched back to Profun in fleet arena because I was falling further with Levi on defense than I do with Profun. Its also much easier for me to win using Profun against Exec and Profun rather than Levi. All of my extra fleet attempts I use Levi to work on my strategy, but even when I win it never feels like the dominance you experience using ProFun vs. Exec, or Exec v. Mal/Neg.

not to forget - much faster - almost everyone in my fleet arena switched to profun - people know why ;)
    i still hear "they will fix it - they will fix it" - meanwhile even i can't count anymore how many crystals lost
  • Options
    VladoVDD wrote: »

not to forget - much faster - almost everyone in my fleet arena switched to profun - people know why ;)
    i still hear "they will fix it - they will fix it" - meanwhile even i can't count anymore how many crystals lost

How are you losing crystals? Just curious.
  • Options

LOOOOOL - you sure you have this ship? LOL
    (this one - even 7* in defense is called not meta, but BONUS LOL)

If you'd read some of their other posts on this thread you would have seen they have one... at 7*

Also, they're just reporting the facts as they are, and can be easily verified. Currently, Exe is beaten 75.4% of the time, Prof 73.3% and Levi is at 65.5% as of swgoh.gg. Given that there's a number of bugs ready to be fixed, and as it's only been out a month plenty of people will be starring up next month making counters harder, it seems likely that Levi's defensive credentials are only likely to be boosted.

PS - Did you delete your post after realising it looked a little foolish?

According the numbers there Mace's ship is almost as good as Exe - can you confirm that, please?

• Options

oh - you want to read a novel? let me see - refreshing in fleet arena, upgrading garbage to 7* instead of leaving it to 5*, which broke my datacron advance, overall loss of refreshes for some kinds of energy, progress loss for a few months, which ofc is connected with crystals, GA bug - banners loss. doubt you can calculate all the collateral damage as well - can give you more examples, but i think that is enough. bare in mind that your GA, fleet shard, etc. isn't the same as mine. invested crystals in bugged unit, which isn't fixed fast are lost crystals - and if you can't understand this, i can't help you more - i'm sure there are people who will
  • Options

If you'd read some of their other posts on this thread you would have seen they have one... at 7*

Also, they're just reporting the facts as they are, and can be easily verified. Currently, Exe is beaten 75.4% of the time, Prof 73.3% and Levi is at 65.5% as of swgoh.gg. Given that there's a number of bugs ready to be fixed, and as it's only been out a month plenty of people will be starring up next month making counters harder, it seems likely that Levi's defensive credentials are only likely to be boosted.

PS - Did you delete your post after realising it looked a little foolish?

Nope - i didn't delete it - some mods don't like what i write - maybe reducing the sales of the garbage
    anyway - EXCUSE MOI - did you see how mace is holding?? watching numbers and "reading" data is complete different thing

Or perhaps they take exception with your tone or lack of regard for facts as opposed to opinion.
    Not sure what you mean by “reading data”. I looked at the counters, and while the headline stats favour Levi so do those of many of the individual counters. This is borne out further when you look at the numbers of RI. Clearly there are a lot of non-maxed Levi’s on defence in GAC which are holding as well as maxed Profs, or was that your point? As for Mace, it would seem as though a number of people are underestimating the quality of a strong fleet with synergies between themselves even if not necessarily with the CS. More fool them for underestimating a fleet with what will be all relic pilots.

I'll kindly ask you again to confirm that Mace's ship is almost as good in defense as Exe and better than many others, according to the numbers there. can you do that or not?

• Options

oh - you want to read a novel? let me see - refreshing in fleet arena, upgrading garbage to 7* instead of leaving it to 5*, which broke my datacron advance, overall loss of refreshes for some kinds of energy, progress loss for a few months, which ofc is connected with crystals, GA bug - banners loss. doubt you can calculate all the collateral damage as well - can give you more examples, but i think that is enough. bare in mind that your GA, fleet shard, etc. isn't the same as mine. invested crystals in bugged unit, which isn't fixed fast are lost crystals - and if you can't understand this, i can't help you more - i'm sure there are people who will

Nah, you just made it pretty clear, thanks.
  • StarSon
    7464 posts Member
    Options

Numbers don’t lie. Levi holds better on defense than Exec and Prof.

And if anyone is having trouble winning with Levi on offense, that’s a them problem, not a ship problem.
  • Options
    It doesn't matter how it was in the past with low star ships.... ..... That was never promised....

Again, I really wish I could filter half of these comments to eliminate the following:

1- I don't have the ship, but I want to pile on
    2- I barely got the ship and it's low stars
    3- I got the ship, but my non req pilots are gear 12 and under

If only we could pick this fly poop out of the pepper, we may actually know what is going on....
  • Options

Numbers don’t lie. Levi holds better on defense than Exec and Prof.

And if anyone is having trouble winning with Levi on offense, that’s a them problem, not a ship problem.

I love when people who have no idea what they're talking about use phrases like "the numbers dont lie" to make a point. numbers can be interpreted in multiple ways. what numbers are you talking about? the completely insufficient data set of battles performed with Levi so far, which are statistically insignificant and would not be able to support a conclusion made either way? Ok. great job. youre right, smart guy. the "numbers" dont lie. Again, you just lose credibility with asinine arguments. you said levi is 100% objectively better than exec or profun. that is false. if you care to rephrase what is an assertion of opinion masked as fact as an actual opinion, that's fine. but dont come on here claiming that it's user error. the ship is currently flawed with bugs, and does not currently surpass the meta
  • Options
    It doesn't matter how it was in the past with low star ships.... ..... That was never promised....

Again, I really wish I could filter half of these comments to eliminate the following:

1- I don't have the ship, but I want to pile on
    2- I barely got the ship and it's low stars

If only we could pick this fly poop out of the pepper, we may actually know what is going on....

Hmmm…how is #3 a thing? All, sans one ship, have pilots to be required at high relics.
    #2 is due to the steep requirements/investment needed….what is my return (which is very low at 4,5,6 stars)
    #1 is nonsense as if you didn’t have the ship you want this bugged to high heaven ship to stay that way…not to be fixed.
  • Options

Currently, Exe is beaten 75.4% of the time, Prof 73.3% and Levi is at 65.5% as of swgoh.gg.

Spend 25k crystals and a warehouse of mats and get +7.8% better defence!
    A little bit expensive %% increase on my taste
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    Options
    Make it a 20% increase and fleets will be gone within the next 2 capital ships

(Yes, exaggerated value)
  • Devian
    672 posts Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Your Gar Saxon is lower than g12... so you yourself do not meet your own requirements.
    Either way, why are you climbing with profundity for nearly 2 weeks if numbers do not lie?

• Options
    Your Gar Saxon is lower than g12... so you yourself do not meet your own requirements.
    Either way, why are you climbing with profundity for nearly 2 weeks if numbers do not lie?
    q5cfik5d1cue.jpeg
    You picked the wrong BubbaFett.
  • Options
    all we shouldn't forget is: there are people who paid some money to be able to unlock untested ship/fleet full of bugs, which aren't fixed 2 weeks already. some of us want to know if this will continue in the future