Leviathan isn’t pushing the meta…

Replies

• Options
    Chimera still works fine. Do wish they’d made the mirror less miserable though.
  • Options
    Any post buff strategy tips? @Captain_Drogan I’m doing my climb now.
  • Options
    Dawnsinger wrote: »
    Yeah I think they should fix mirrors. For previous metas it was quite possible to beat faster capital ship using simple tips.
  • Options
    Lumiya wrote: »
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    Well, there was the buff.
    I doubt Prof will have any reliability as a counter from here on out.
    Still not a fan of the coin toss mechanics for mirrors. I know there are approaches that can put the win rate very high, but imo not as reliable as past mirrors.

Well, lots of princesses wanted to have their unbeatable ship, eventhough it was mentioned that the meta then would be only mirror with coin toss, now they have it. Hope they are happy

That isn't how it works, I can tell you Prof still beats it.

How reliable? 7 star Levi?
    1 out of 5?
    The way I see it is that either Y-wing will be isolated, which means Outrider will be gone pretty fast or if Outrider gets isolated, it's over.
    The crits were also an important part to get to Ultimate.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    Leviathan is now the meta
  • Options
    Still not a fan of the coin toss mechanics for mirrors. I know there are approaches that can put the win rate very high, but imo not as reliable as past mirrors.

Well, lots of princesses wanted to have their unbeatable ship, eventhough it was mentioned that the meta then would be only mirror with coin toss, now they have it. Hope they are happy

1 out of 5?
    The way I see it is that either Y-wing will be isolated, which means Outrider will be gone pretty fast or if Outrider gets isolated, it's over.

I can't say for certain to be honest, I am the 7 star Levi owner but I do know the guy that gets payout before uses Prof and he beat out a 7 star Levi to get there and t gheuy that takes over payout after me beat out my 7 star Levi with Prof.
    "The Empire won't stop until we make them " - Cpt. Drogan, Bitter Pill Company
  • Options
    NataPda wrote: »
    Yeah I think they should fix mirrors. For previous metas it was quite possible to beat faster capital ship using simple tips.

The difference here is there are two coin flips now. If you lose the capital ship coin flip, you still win almost all of the time if your Sass wins the next coin flip (or is faster than the enemy Sass, or if Sass is not present on the enemy team). If both your Levi and your Sass go 2nd, you have maybe a 20% chance of winning.
  • TVF
    36692 posts Member
    Options
    Enjoy your coin flip meta. Back to the cancer of jedi revan meta man people learn nothing from the past

People should learn what cancer actually is.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

1 out of 5?

I can't say for certain to be honest, I am the 7 star Levi owner but I do know the guy that gets payout before uses Prof and he beat out a 7 star Levi to get there and t gheuy that takes over payout after me beat out my 7 star Levi with Prof.

I just lost 5 battles against one with a fully maxed Prof. Either your shard mates made lots of refreshes, they were lucky or I was unlucky... But I know that already many Prof players struggle so if it is working, then very unreliable and nothing you can use for actually climbing.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options

1 out of 5?

I just lost 5 battles against one with a fully maxed Prof. Either your shard mates made lots of refreshes, they were lucky or I was unlucky... But I know that already many Prof players struggle so if it is working, then very unreliable and nothing you can use for actually climbing.

Yeah, it is still possible, but it's not reliable at all and you need insane rng to make it happen. So unless there's some unique lineup/strategy I don't know of, then it's definitely not viable for fleet arena climbing.
  • Dawnsinger
    147 posts Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I’m 4/4 vs 7* Levi with Sith Fighter since figuring out the strategy adjustments. Prof will be fine to climb with just need to not immediately panic the first 24 hours of a balance change and adjust. It will be sketchier verse Dagger I think, but still winnable.

1 out of 5?

Yeah, it is still possible, but it's not reliable at all and you need insane rng to make it happen. So unless there's some unique lineup/strategy I don't know of, then it's definitely not viable for fleet arena climbing.

• scuba
    14102 posts Member
    Options
    I’m 4/4 vs 7* Levi with Sith Fighter since figuring out the strategy adjustments. Prof will be fine to climb with just need to not immediately panic the first 24 hours of a balance change and adjust. It will be sketchier verse Dagger I think, but still winnable.

1 out of 5?

I would ask to share your strategy, but then someone would probably call for another nerf/boost.
  • Options
    I recorded my climb today. You’re welcome to check out the 3 battles. This was one of them.

https://youtu.be/GBP1Pkcxlss?si=Bfh6KVzxbAPxZMhF
    scuba wrote: »

1 out of 5?

I would ask to share your strategy, but then someone would probably call for another nerf/boost.

• scuba
    14102 posts Member
    Options
    I recorded my climb today. You’re welcome to check out the 3 battles. This was one of them.

https://youtu.be/GBP1Pkcxlss?si=Bfh6KVzxbAPxZMhF
    scuba wrote: »

1 out of 5?

Brilliant!
    Of course now the complaints will be pro can win with only 1 reinforcement
  • VladoVDD
    149 posts Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    i remember there was a statistics guy showing us how strong and META this ship is - is he still here to show us some statistics?? pity - many people realized fast enough it's not smart to put it in GAC defense :smiley:
  • Options
    VladoVDD wrote: »
    i remember there was a statistics guy showing us how strong and META this ship is - is he still here to show us some statistics?? pity - many people realized fast enough it's not smart to put it in GAC defense :smiley:

Except when it literally wins the match for you because despite being underpowered on squads they can’t break your fleets…. like for me in the match yesterday.

mboi425jyazb.png

Context is important
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • VladoVDD
    149 posts Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

Except when it literally wins the match for you because despite being underpowered on squads they can’t break your fleets…. like for me in the match yesterday.

mboi425jyazb.png

Context is important

oh - shait can always happen - i remember i lost one because of kenobi, one because of profi etc. - bad rng you know - my aim is to reduce the rng dependency as much as possible. kyber1 and 2 ain't like 4 - when you reach them, you'll see how such mistakes (if not bad rng) are drastically reduced - your opponent is much weaker than you with the fleets anyway - when you all have the same - then you'll see, which works better and where

Post edited by VladoVDD on
  • Notthatguyfrombefore
    1099 posts Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

mboi425jyazb.png

Context is important

oh - shait can always happen - i remember i lost one because of kenobi, one because of profi etc. - bad rng you know - my aim is to reduce the rng dependency as much as possible

There was no RNG to this. They had no good counter, so in this case Levi on defence (almost) automatically earned me the win. Stating that Levi on defence is a bad idea is wrong without its context.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • VladoVDD
    149 posts Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

mboi425jyazb.png

Context is important

oh - shait can always happen - i remember i lost one because of kenobi, one because of profi etc. - bad rng you know - my aim is to reduce the rng dependency as much as possible

There was no RNG to this. They had no good counter, so in this case Levi on defence (almost) automatically earned me the win. Stating that Levi on defence is a bad idea is wrong without its context.

we can leave the contexts and private cases for other places - when someone enters to read here, he is interested in ship's performance overall - at least in my humble opinion. when you kicked a chained dog much weaker than you - it's not a proper example and when someone leaves all his counters in defense or doesn't know how to play with them (if bad rng is excluded) - it's also not a proper example. if you attack me - you won't even reach the fleets - i'll win automatically - hope you understand me

• Options
    It’s a fine example, because everyone doesn’t play in K2.

mboi425jyazb.png

Context is important

we can leave the contexts and private cases for other places - when someone enters to read here, he is interested in ship's performance overall - at least in my humble opinion. when you kicked a chained dog much weaker than you - it's not a proper example and when someone leaves all his counters in defense or doesn't know how to play with them (if bad rng is excluded) - it's also not a proper example

• Options

mboi425jyazb.png

Context is important

we can leave the contexts and private cases for other places - when someone enters to read here, he is interested in ship's performance overall - at least in my humble opinion. when you kicked a chained dog much weaker than you - it's not a proper example and when someone leaves all his counters in defense or doesn't know how to play with them (if bad rng is excluded) - it's also not a proper example. if you attack me - you won't even reach the fleets - i'll win automatically - hope you understand me

I understand perfectly. You made a statement, putting Levi on defence isn’t smart, I showed it to be demonstrably untrue. Context matters.

This is part of its performance overall (you may wish to refresh your definition of overall).
  • Options
    KDC99X wrote: »

mboi425jyazb.png

Context is important

we can leave the contexts and private cases for other places - when someone enters to read here, he is interested in ship's performance overall - at least in my humble opinion. when you kicked a chained dog much weaker than you - it's not a proper example and when someone leaves all his counters in defense or doesn't know how to play with them (if bad rng is excluded) - it's also not a proper example

and not everyone has all the ships or enough of them, or powerful enough, or the counters etc. - this (as i said) is a private case - you can't defeat profi as well, neither exe, if you don't have counters - hope you'll understand what i mean too
  • Options
    KDC99X wrote: »

mboi425jyazb.png

Context is important

and not everyone has all the ships or enough of them, or powerful enough, or the counters etc. - this (as i said) is a private case - you can't defeat profi as well, neither exe, if you don't have counters - hope you'll understand what i mean too

It really isn’t a private case, I made it pretty public.
  • Options
    So the performance of the ship based on its stats don’t matter, and individual examples of it winning matches don’t matter? Compelling case for why no one should put it on defense mate.
  • Options
    As I’m trying to be helpful, here’s another example where I put it on defence and won

https://swgoh.gg/p/117269921/gac-history/?gac=153&r=3

In fact, since unlock i have put it on defence and won twice, that’s 2/2. With it on offence I have won three times out of five, that’s 3/5. Seems to be performing better for me on defence than offence so far. A few more public examples.
  • Options
    I guess we just found out the lot of us are NPCs 🤷‍♂️
  • scuba
    14102 posts Member
    Options

mboi425jyazb.png

Context is important

Seems to be doing about the same as the others

6l5pmdgorhzc.png
    7wdjqlwq841w.png
    0tg0azloi863.png
    hlyxn943gmel.png
    9rwu1gbkdh8o.png
  • Options
    To be fair we may not really see the impact of the buff this GAC. The isolate in particular requires a 7* Levi, and the proportion of those in the total Levi pool will vary over time.
  • scuba
    14102 posts Member
    Options
    To be fair we may not really see the impact of the buff this GAC. The isolate in particular requires a 7* Levi, and the proportion of those in the total Levi pool will vary over time.

Honestly I don't think the numbers will change much.
  • TVF
    36692 posts Member
    Options
    As I’m trying to be helpful, here’s another example where I put it on defence and won

https://swgoh.gg/p/117269921/gac-history/?gac=153&r=3

In fact, since unlock i have put it on defence and won twice, that’s 2/2. With it on offence I have won three times out of five, that’s 3/5. Seems to be performing better for me on defence than offence so far. A few more public examples.

Way too small a sample size and ignores way too many variables to draw any conclusions from.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH