New music sucks

Prev1
Just like.you guys did during Mando season one you change the music to some trash

Replies

• TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    So...turn it off
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    So...turn it off

As the kids say.... "Based".
  • Options
    Not that high pitched terrible music on a 20 second loop again.......
    I'm taking @TVF advice. Music OFF.
  • Options
    mines always on mute because I play at work lol. wouldn't even know it changed
  • Options
    they have music?
  • Options
    meowstef wrote: »
    they have music?

THIS
  • Options
    el_mago wrote: »
    meowstef wrote: »
    they have music?

THIS

I too was surprised by the mention of music.
  • Options
    This game has sound?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    There's a game?
  • Options
    lol. I actually tuned on the sound today to hear it. Sounds good to me, its the mandalorian theme song, no?
  • Options
    Not that high pitched terrible music on a 20 second loop again.......
    I'm taking @TVF advice. Music OFF.

Yeah exactly! I actually like most of the Mandalorian soundtrack, but this high pitched 20 second loop is driving me insane... What's annoying is that we're stuck with it now. So my solution now is to either just turn the volume down while in the main menu, or to click on something else really quickly, to not spend any time in the main menu in the first place.
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    Again, just turn the music off
  • Options

Maybe some people want to hear Star Wars music they like while playing a Star Wars game
  • Options
    Haugs wrote: »

Maybe some people want to hear Star Wars music they like while playing a Star Wars game

Maybe some people like this new music? Its all subjective. In any event, they change it up from time to time, so won't be permanent. If you don't like it, turn it off, and turn it back on once it changes back
  • Options
    CrispyFett wrote: »

Maybe some people like this new music? It’s all subjective. In any event, they change it up from time to time, so won't be permanent. If you don't like it, turn it off, and turn it back on once it changes back

Sure, not arguing any of that. It’s music. And it’s people liking or disliking it. Doesn’t get much more subjective than that.

I’m saying that “turn off the music” isn’t really a solution to the problem. It’s a (now redundant) joke.

A solution to the problem would be for CG to implement the option to choose among multiple Star Wars theme songs that can be played in the cantina. Maybe throw in a jukebox to go with the cantina theme. Then, if among several options, the player doesn’t want anything, turning off the music is probably the best option.
  • Options
    To the music and play a star wars playlist. That way you can choose what to listen to and don't have repeat.
    Sometimes a door is just a door
  • Options

Maybe some people like this new music? It’s all subjective. In any event, they change it up from time to time, so won't be permanent. If you don't like it, turn it off, and turn it back on once it changes back

Sure, not arguing any of that. It’s music. And it’s people liking or disliking it. Doesn’t get much more subjective than that.

I’m saying that “turn off the music” isn’t really a solution to the problem. It’s a (now redundant) joke.

A solution to the problem would be for CG to implement the option to choose among multiple Star Wars theme songs that can be played in the cantina. Maybe throw in a jukebox to go with the cantina theme. Then, if among several options, the player doesn’t want anything, turning off the music is probably the best option.

That would be cool to have a galactic jukebox with a few different options to choose from. Sometimes i like to hear the "promotion" music thats played when you unlock or promote a character
  • Options

How about 5k crystals to turn on the jukebox and select your music?
    Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey | NORDIC KINGDOM is recruiting
  • Options
    If you go to the Store or the Collections i think it's playing the old music, even if it isn't the old music it is the Tatooine theme or something, there's also a different tune playing in raids and events.
  • Options

Well, that was a joke.
  • Options
    The music for Bo Katan's marquee was incredible. Not sure where to hear it again.
  • Options

CG, probably: Hold my beer.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options

I’m saying that “turn off the music” isn’t really a solution to the problem. It’s a (now redundant) joke. .

Nope. It's a solution. It may not be the optimal solution, it may not be the solution you like, but it's still a solution. And so far, in this thread, it's the only solution that can be used to the solve the problem today.
  • Options

I’m saying that “turn off the music” isn’t really a solution to the problem. It’s a (now redundant) joke. .

Nope. It's a solution. It may not be the optimal solution, it may not be the solution you like, but it's still a solution. And so far, in this thread, it's the only solution that can be used to the solve the problem today.

Alright, I’ll clarify. Yes, if someone playing this game doesn’t like the music, turning it off is the correct reaction to stop them hearing music they don’t want to hear.

Presumably, anyone is capable of doing this without the advice of the swgoh forums. I don’t expect anyone needs to be told to turn off their music if they don’t like hearing the music.

Sometimes, people just come here to provide feedback. This person doesn’t like the lobby music currently being played. We might find an overwhelming amount of people agree or disagree. I’m relatively neutral, but I don’t believe this person came here asking for advice about what to do about not liking the music.

I think a lot of people want to hear Star Wars music while playing a Star Wars game. If they previously heard Star Wars music they like and this music has been replaced by music they don’t like, they’re entitled to express that opinion. I’ll reiterate I don’t believe they need to be told that turning off their music is an option. That’s a given. If they said “I don’t know what to do”, I think “turn it off” is a fair response. Otherwise, it’s not very helpful because there isn't really anything to be done about it. For the people who don’t like the music, they can either shut off the music or listen to something they don’t like.

Personally, I think there should be a third option.
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    deleted, not worth it
  • Options
    All I wanted to say from the get go is the music stinks. Having options would be cool but it's not going to happen. All I know is when the original music is on in the background nobody is complaining whether you listen to it or not but when they put this terrible Mando loop on people don't like it.
  • GegeGerard24
    429 posts Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Well, that was a joke.

Me too, haha.
    Please don't take me seriously.

"5k crystals" refers to CG's joke.
    5K SSC became 5K crystals, for a chance of getting 330 shards of a single random character.

Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey | NORDIC KINGDOM is recruiting
  • Options
    Ya unless I'm sharing my screen, I'm usually listening to my own music, documentary or a random youtube video when playing the game. Dual if fates comes up regularly when I'm doing TB.
  • Options
    Well, that was a joke.

Me too, haha.
    Please don't take me seriously.

"5k crystals" refers to CG's joke.
    5K SSC became 5K crystals, for a chance of getting 330 shards of a single random character.

You make it sound as if it was the first time. Sometimes it costs crystals, sometimes ssc. Long ago I got 50R-T in one of those packs. And I spent crystals.
  • Options
    The new music is awful. AWFUL.