I think conquest sucks

Prev13456
The reason is because the rewards just feel kind of weak, except for the character shards, and the conquest energy just makes it all the more difficult

Replies

• LordDirt
    5013 posts Member
    edited January 26
    Options
    Getting a great character and all the extras for around 6,000 crystals is worth it IMO.

Newer characters cost 4,000 crystals for 50 shards in the Weekly Shipment store!

Each conquest cycle you get:
    A strong character or ship
    90 shards of the past conquest character (shard store currency)
    30 flawed signal data
    30 incomplete signal data
    30 fragmented signal data
    30 aeromagnifier
    15 zinbiddle cards
    15 electrium conductors
    30 aurodium heatsink
    15 chromium transistors
    30 bronzium wiring
    30 carbonite circuit boards
    15 zeta material
    6 omicron material
    plus lots of other gear and datacron material and mod material

How many crystals would it cost for all of that?
    Post edited by LordDirt on
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Conquest is great overall new powerful character and some useful currency. I will admit I get the lower pass though with it which is 2 more omis, a ton of extra shards for shard shop and a lot lot more gear and conquest currency. I do wish buying rhe pass gave maybe 2 more data disk slots or something though, really make some weird disk combos
  • Options
    Man, I wish it was only Crystals to get the Conquest rewards. I’d buy that pack.
  • Haugs
    181 posts Member
    Options
    The reason is because the rewards just feel kind of weak, except for the character shards, and the conquest energy just makes it all the more difficult

Great, thanks for the explanation
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Getting a great character and all the extras for around 6,000 crystals is worth it IMO.

Newer characters cost 4,000 crystals for 50 shards in the Weekly Shipment store!

30 flawed signal data
    30 aeromagnifier
    15 zinbiddle cards
    15 electrium conductors
    30 aurodium heatsink
    15 chromium transistors
    30 bronzium wiring
    15 zeta material
    6 omicron material

If you have an cracked roster, which not all of us have
  • Options
    It sucks when they go and say use this faction but only these characters, but the rest is fine imo
  • Options
    Ranzono wrote: »

30 flawed signal data
    30 aeromagnifier
    15 zinbiddle cards
    15 electrium conductors
    30 aurodium heatsink
    15 chromium transistors
    30 bronzium wiring
    15 zeta material
    6 omicron material

So then conquest doesnt suck, your roster does
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    It sucks when they go and say use this faction but only these characters, but the rest is fine imo

I don’t mind the character requirement as much as the “must survive” that’s sometimes in there
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options

I don’t mind the character requirement as much as the “must survive” that’s sometimes in there

Yeah thats what i meant to say
  • Options
    Profit wrote: »

30 flawed signal data
    30 aeromagnifier
    15 zinbiddle cards
    15 electrium conductors
    30 aurodium heatsink
    15 chromium transistors
    30 bronzium wiring
    15 zeta material
    6 omicron material

Did they run out of coffee in your neck of the woods?

Just seems weird to say a game mode sucks because your roster is bad. Why is it the game modes issue?
  • Options
    Haugs wrote: »

30 flawed signal data
    30 aeromagnifier
    15 zinbiddle cards
    15 electrium conductors
    30 aurodium heatsink
    15 chromium transistors
    30 bronzium wiring
    15 zeta material
    6 omicron material

“I am the protagonist and if x is easy for me, everyone else sucks if it isn’t easy for them”

Saying a game mode sucks because you have a bad roster makes zero sense.
  • Options

30 flawed signal data
    30 aeromagnifier
    15 zinbiddle cards
    15 electrium conductors
    30 aurodium heatsink
    15 chromium transistors
    30 bronzium wiring
    15 zeta material
    6 omicron material

My roster is good for it. But a lame reply. I have respect for f2p accounts. If your roster makes you feel above anyone here then your doing it wrong.
  • Options

30 flawed signal data
    30 aeromagnifier
    15 zinbiddle cards
    15 electrium conductors
    30 aurodium heatsink
    15 chromium transistors
    30 bronzium wiring
    15 zeta material
    6 omicron material

Just seems weird to say a game mode sucks because your roster is bad. Why is it the game modes issue?

It's not that people have bad rosters, they just didn't pay to get the most current toons, which is required to get that new character. It started as a way to make people not just use the latest greatest characters ,but to test all around roster depth. They quickly dumped that in favor of making you have the all the latest toons to do well. I believe originally the cost per match was lower too (like closer to half maybe?), but they weren't cashing in enough so they jacked it up.

If they wanna go back to the original intent, great. But, it's not going to be a mode everyone likes or even 'doesn't hate' when it's largely become a pay to get the toon mode. You're not getting Bane, for example if you have a developed roster, you need the latest releases JKCK and Leia i believe. When you put that gate on it, the vast majority of the player base are out of the running.

That'll be read as spite. It's not really, it is what is. As such i don't invest a ton of time or effort in it because, well, it's pointless without 'the right' toons, not just a developed roster.
  • Options
    cboath7 wrote: »

30 flawed signal data
    30 aeromagnifier
    15 zinbiddle cards
    15 electrium conductors
    30 aurodium heatsink
    15 chromium transistors
    30 bronzium wiring
    15 zeta material
    6 omicron material

It's not that people have bad rosters, they just didn't pay to get the most current toons, which is required to get that new character. It started as a way to make people not just use the latest greatest characters ,but to test all around roster depth. They quickly dumped that in favor of making you have the all the latest toons to do well. I believe originally the cost per match was lower too (like closer to half maybe?), but they weren't cashing in enough so they jacked it up.

If they wanna go back to the original intent, great. But, it's not going to be a mode everyone likes or even 'doesn't hate' when it's largely become a pay to get the toon mode. You're not getting Bane, for example if you have a developed roster, you need the latest releases JKCK and Leia i believe. When you put that gate on it, the vast majority of the player base are out of the running.

That'll be read as spite. It's not really, it is what is. As such i don't invest a ton of time or effort in it because, well, it's pointless without 'the right' toons, not just a developed roster.

There is no toon in this conquest that you need to pay to get. There might be a feat or two than require a new addition but you can skip those feats and they aren’t by any means locked behind a paywall.

• Options
    Stokat wrote: »
    cboath7 wrote: »

30 flawed signal data
    30 aeromagnifier
    15 zinbiddle cards
    15 electrium conductors
    30 aurodium heatsink
    15 chromium transistors
    30 bronzium wiring
    15 zeta material
    6 omicron material

There is no toon in this conquest that you need to pay to get. There might be a feat or two than require a new addition but you can skip those feats and they aren’t by any means locked behind a paywall.

People are just bitter they cant get it to work in their favor.
  • Options

30 flawed signal data
    30 aeromagnifier
    15 zinbiddle cards
    15 electrium conductors
    30 aurodium heatsink
    15 chromium transistors
    30 bronzium wiring
    15 zeta material
    6 omicron material

My roster is good for it. But a lame reply. I have respect for f2p accounts. If your roster makes you feel above anyone here then your doing it wrong.

The issues with conquest are the issue with most new releases, everyone thinks they are entitled to every new thing in this game no matter where they are in the game.
  • Options
    Dude, all you need is like 1 GL and a few key Core Teams and you can clear all of Hard Conquest the day you hit 4 million GP.

You can spend zero crystals and easily get crate 3-4. It's basically a bunch of free stuff for very little effort.
  • Options
    I don't have any problem getting the conquest toons or the rewards, but I do find conquest to be a miserable grind. It isn't fun at all. CG really should find a way to challenge the players and make them earn the rewards without resorting to a miserable grindfest.

I realize that I am old and expect games to be fun. I played Tetris because it was fun and addicting - there weren't any rewards other than a high score and satisfaction. Besides GAC and TW, I can't think of any game modes that I would play if there weren't rewards. I liked some of the old raids, but it has been awhile since there was something remotely interesting to play.

Again, I realize that my expectations are no longer valid in CG's world, but it doesn't seem unreasonable to meet the expectations for fun gameplay at least half-way.
  • Options
    So is it the grind that people dont like or the 14 day wait? We live in a I want it now society so it seems people are just impatient. It also explains why people want to be able to do the newest thing or get the newest character as soon as it drops. Mobile free games make a killing off people’s impatience or fear or missing out on the newest thing.
  • Options
    So is it the grind that people dont like or the 14 day wait? We live in a I want it now society so it seems people are just impatient. It also explains why people want to be able to do the newest thing or get the newest character as soon as it drops. Mobile free games make a killing off people’s impatience or fear or missing out on the newest thing.

Can’t speak for anyone else, but for me it’s the grind 100%. The feats that require X number of battles (or worse with them surviving) doesn’t require much theorycrafting beyond the first few battles. From then on its a repetitive chore.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options

Can’t speak for anyone else, but for me it’s the grind 100%. The feats that require X number of battles (or worse with them surviving) doesn’t require much theorycrafting beyond the first few battles. From then on its a repetitive chore.

Isnt this whole game a “repetitive chore” then? Isnt that why so many ask for sim buttons?
  • Options
    In GA I go against the same teams over and over again.
    In the raid it is the same speeder bikes every single time.
    In TB its the same enemies in each planet every single time.
    In TW the defenses are the same ones every single time.
    In Smugglers Run 2 you have to use the same team every single time.
    In the fleet masterys you have to use the same teams every single time.
    Each GC you need to remember which of the same teams you used before every single time.

In this game you use the same teams every single time depending on the game mode. This is the reason everyone wants a sim button for all fleet masterys, omega battles, assault battles, mystic events, resource events, special events, ect.
  • Options

For me, it is the fact that the grind isn't fun. I remember SWGalaxies....Raph Koster basically said that rewards had to be based on time spent in game. I killed lots of mobs and did lots of repetitive stuff, but it was fun and I enjoyed it. I know it is totally different genre of game, but my point is the same. Devs can create a grind that is at least somewhat enjoyable.
  • Options
    I kind of like it, different ppl with different rosters will have different approaches in it.
  • Solem_Phyxx
    71 posts Member
    edited January 31
    Options
    Conquest is okay, and sometimes even fun. If some of the feats would be a little more thematic and not quite as grindy it would be even better.
    That datadisks are randomised to such a degree is annoying, since it can ruin your run if you're really unlucky and depend on the disks.
    Overall I enjoy the mode, and it's rewards.
    The only thing stupid about it, are the PG afterwards... I 3* every one, but as a catch-up event for the players that couldn't or wouldn't grind conquest they fail miserably, since they're so hard most of the time.
    Post edited by Solem_Phyxx on
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    366 posts EA Community Manager
    Options
    Let's use this thread and steer the energy in a different direction than at each other.

Lemme know what you like and dislike about Conquest.
    What would you change? How would that change affect the game?

Example:

I like X because of Y
    I dislike X because of Y
    I think it should do X because of Y and it'll make the game do 5

I love formatting, FYI

Dislike
    Suggested change
  • Options
    - There can be some fun data disc combinations
    - The added sim of treasure nodes has been fantastic

Dislike
    - It is the definition of a grind, and it tracks with TB which is also a tremendous grind
    - Some of the win 40 times feats take planning and dedication
    - It is a grind against the same 6 teams over and over and over again
    - Your ability to succeed relies solely upon the RNG of the discs and nodes

Suggested change
    -Switch 40 win feats to 20
    - Data Disc nodes can no longer offer 3 of the same disc
    - Start Conquest during a TW week and not a TB week
  • Options
    I think my biggest gripes with conquest is that the feats can be too specific, like sure throw in a new character having a feat or two but for example i would get rid of "defeat 100 enemies with veers or piett" and make it " defeat 200 enemies with inperial troopers."
    Also with the conquest pass, especially as a candian when its more expensive, i'd be more likely to get conquest+ if they got rid of the normal pass and split the difference in price, or if there was an additional reward track for conquest+ on top of the regular and paid tracks
  • Drag0nDances
    11 posts Member
    edited January 31
    Options
    CONQUEST thoughts

Like:
    - getting to use a lot of my roster & playing with squads I don’t often use otherwise
    - interesting mechanics that are different than GAC or TW
    - the concept of data disks, again mixing things up, making battles play differently in a fun way

Dislike:
    - the randomness of data disks. Sometimes you get great disks. Sometimes you get awful disks (and repeats of the same disk in one choice so there is no actual choice is the worst!)
    - grindy feats. Ex: 40 battles is a LOT unless it can be done by a GL thru the sectors
    - Proving grounds battles difficulties vary wildly AND it’s extremely slow for new/returning players to catch up on

Suggestions:
    - ensure that there are not repeat data disks in each choice
    - place guaranteed “good” ones that are the same for everyone after each boss (ie blue)
    - Avoid grindy feats, especially ones where everyone has to stay alive
    - For proving grounds: double the shards for toons over 2 years (currently just RC, but CAT soon)
  • Options
    Haven’t got time to out lots of details in, but the ability to upgrade disks using conquest credits would be great. I like to go for the % TM gain when below 100% health. But it’s a struggle to get the right disks.