I think conquest sucks

Replies

• Options
    cboath7 wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Ranzono wrote: »
    Getting a great character and all the extras for around 6,000 crystals is worth it IMO.

Newer characters cost 4,000 crystals for 50 shards in the Weekly Shipment store!

Each conquest cycle you get:
    A strong character or ship
    90 shards of the past conquest character (shard store currency)
    30 flawed signal data
    30 incomplete signal data
    30 fragmented signal data
    30 aeromagnifier
    15 zinbiddle cards
    15 electrium conductors
    30 aurodium heatsink
    15 chromium transistors
    30 bronzium wiring
    30 carbonite circuit boards
    15 zeta material
    6 omicron material
    plus lots of other gear and datacron material and mod material

How many crystals would it cost for all of that?

If you have an cracked roster, which not all of us have

So then conquest doesnt suck, your roster does

My roster is good for it. But a lame reply. I have respect for f2p accounts. If your roster makes you feel above anyone here then your doing it wrong.

The issues with conquest are the issue with most new releases, everyone thinks they are entitled to every new thing in this game no matter where they are in the game.

I would completely disagree with that. I don't think people should be able to clear everything to box 7 all the time. However, I do think if you are not spending big or been around since day 1 and don't have all the latest toons that you shouldn't be capped at box 3 or 4 as a result.

Its huge failing is changing it's original intent. The original intent was to test the depth of rosters. Now? It's solely to force you to pay up to get all the latest toons so you can have a chance at box 7.

If you have to force bottlenecks (i.e. gimmicks) into your game to force people to spend money, that tells you all you need to know about the design of your game.

I have got the red crate every conquest without spending any money to do so. Hard conquest is set to test the best rosters so once again everyone thinks they should be able to get max rewards as soon as an event drops. Some people need to stick with lower difficulties.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    It’s become unreadable, though. Better to make this one of his info request threads that rewards crystals to a select few, which are unreadable by design.

Let’s not kid ourselves. Meat’s not going to do anything with this info anyway.
  • Options
    Screerider wrote: »
    It’s become unreadable, though. Better to make this one of his info request threads that rewards crystals to a select few, which are unreadable by design.

Let’s not kid ourselves. Meat’s not going to do anything with this info anyway.

Disagree. Why would Meathead ask for the info if it wasnt going to be passed on?
  • Options
    Trolling
  • Options
    Or this is a good opportunity to help improve conquest that we shouldn't waste,
    And at the very least we aren't screaming at each other
  • Options
    Getting a great character and all the extras for around 6,000 crystals is worth it IMO.

Newer characters cost 4,000 crystals for 50 shards in the Weekly Shipment store!

30 flawed signal data
    30 aeromagnifier
    15 zinbiddle cards
    15 electrium conductors
    30 aurodium heatsink
    15 chromium transistors
    30 bronzium wiring
    15 zeta material
    6 omicron material

My roster is good for it. But a lame reply. I have respect for f2p accounts. If your roster makes you feel above anyone here then your doing it wrong.

The issues with conquest are the issue with most new releases, everyone thinks they are entitled to every new thing in this game no matter where they are in the game.

I would completely disagree with that. I don't think people should be able to clear everything to box 7 all the time. However, I do think if you are not spending big or been around since day 1 and don't have all the latest toons that you shouldn't be capped at box 3 or 4 as a result.

Its huge failing is changing it's original intent. The original intent was to test the depth of rosters. Now? It's solely to force you to pay up to get all the latest toons so you can have a chance at box 7.

If you have to force bottlenecks (i.e. gimmicks) into your game to force people to spend money, that tells you all you need to know about the design of your game.

I have got the red crate every conquest without spending any money to do so. Hard conquest is set to test the best rosters so once again everyone thinks they should be able to get max rewards as soon as an event drops. Some people need to stick with lower difficulties.

I did say unless you've been around a long time and had the all latest toons. The feats are the same at all levels aren't they? So, you can't get points for stuff with Drogan, and Leia, and JKCK if you don't have all the latest toons. And those are basically required for box 7.

It's not like it's a roll of the dice any more. There's no question what toons are going to be required, it's the latest ones. There's no anticipation you'll need nightsisters, or rogue 1 or solo toons, or the 6ish jedi no one ever uses for anything.

My point was having all the most recent toons was not the point of conquest, and that now it is.

I hit box 7 in one cq so far and i've done them all. I as fine being able to hit 6, but these days, you can look at the feats and know you're capped at 4, maybe 5 if you kill yourself to get there. It has nothing to do with 'depth' of your roster. Not at all. If you have couple GL's you can likely get through all 5 sectors. That has nothing to do with easy, normal, or hard. It's the feats requiring latest toons which eliminate i'd imagine 80% or more of people from box 6 and 7 right off the bat.

Getting people interested and wanting to pursue means making it possible and if the current setup eliminates that many people, that seems to be a problem.

• Options
    Yeah, needing specific Factions, Teams, or Units is the opposite of “getting to use your whole roster”.
  • Options
    Like:
    - Free Yellow gear/Relic mats
    - Ability to test teams
    - Excuse to use teams instead of sim things
    Dislike:
    - data disk rng
    - Long grind for characters if f2p (I understand they are powerful but it's still
    annoying)
    - Jawas (enough said)
    - Republic retribution data disk (deal dmg to enemy when dealt dmg)
    Things to change:
    - Should be able to obtain data disk that enemies have from data disk caches
    - Data disks should not roll duplicates.
    - Make rancor boss stronger (I don't play on hard, but he seems really easy
    to me)
    Sometimes a door is just a door
  • Options

30 flawed signal data
    30 aeromagnifier
    15 zinbiddle cards
    15 electrium conductors
    30 aurodium heatsink
    15 chromium transistors
    30 bronzium wiring
    15 zeta material
    6 omicron material

I did say unless you've been around a long time and had the all latest toons. The feats are the same at all levels aren't they? So, you can't get points for stuff with Drogan, and Leia, and JKCK if you don't have all the latest toons. And those are basically required for box 7.

It's not like it's a roll of the dice any more. There's no question what toons are going to be required, it's the latest ones. There's no anticipation you'll need nightsisters, or rogue 1 or solo toons, or the 6ish jedi no one ever uses for anything.

My point was having all the most recent toons was not the point of conquest, and that now it is.

I hit box 7 in one cq so far and i've done them all. I as fine being able to hit 6, but these days, you can look at the feats and know you're capped at 4, maybe 5 if you kill yourself to get there. It has nothing to do with 'depth' of your roster. Not at all. If you have couple GL's you can likely get through all 5 sectors. That has nothing to do with easy, normal, or hard. It's the feats requiring latest toons which eliminate i'd imagine 80% or more of people from box 6 and 7 right off the bat.

Getting people interested and wanting to pursue means making it possible and if the current setup eliminates that many people, that seems to be a problem.

Once again, not everyone can get max rewards in conquest. It isn’t made to reward everyone. You play to your roster and get what you get. If you want to get max rewards then just farm all the newest characters when they become farmable. That is what I do and I always get red crate. This is a character collecting resource management game. Adjust to what you want to accomplish.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    If this thread is being read for conquest ideas here is a link to some UI changes I'd like:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/265694/conquest-ui

I'll just put one dislike I'd like to see gone: the challenge path. I think the map is an interesting feature to have, but I'm not giving up my collectable options to use it. Almost may as well be a single line of nodes at the moment.
  • Options
    This thread now has over 100 comments, wow
  • Options
    -game mode that does change up with feats
    -rewards, character unlock is nice if red all 3 times or spend for the 9.99 and gold 2 times
    -simming data nodes, best addition ever

Dislikes
    -feats that are win X team 40+ times. Really burns me out quickly.
    -getting duplicate data disk on the same node. Getting 3 grey of 1 data is just ****.

Things to change
    - data disk drops
    - feats, win X team <40 or a different feat
    - 29.99 pass. I will not touch this pass for what it offers. Either drop the price or add more stuff to it. Relic mats would be nice.
  • Options
    This thread now has over 100 comments, wow
    Wild. Never happened befoRE. D5.
  • Screerider
    1387 posts Member
    edited February 8
    Options
    Here’s a good one: Thanks to the big storm causing lengthy power outages in California, I missed Proving Grounds. Is there any reason it can’t just be available for longer than a day? Say, the entire week after Conquest, maybe.

ETA: ok, there are other 1 day events that would be worse to miss, like Leviathan. Besides, I think I only missed Trench. 😀
    Post edited by Screerider on
  • Options
    Get to use more of my roster
    Nice break from the other PVE/PVP game modes

Dislikes:
    That feats are becoming geared towards newer characters which for most were not even farmable
    The relic rewards in a red box are less than the gold banded box. Example in red box you get 5 electrium conductors but in a lower box you get 10.
    That data disks get duplicated on a node and across nodes in same decision path

Suggestions:
    Relic material rewards should be kept the same as you move up in box rewards
    The cost to swap data disks needs to be reduced due to the monotonous feats
    Allow energy to increase faster
    Allow for greater room to decide what feats not to chase after
  • Options
    Good:

- rewards are pretty casual friendly, with maybe 1 refresh a day and reasonable roster, you can clear the whole thing and get Crate 4-5 easily, it's a lot of valuable stuff for almost free

Please keep it that way.
  • uteboy
    4 posts Member
    edited February 20
    Options
    Like:

Conquest pass is a lot better than it was.
    Unique Battles like the Rancor. I think most of the boss and mid boss battles are the most fun things in conquest.

Dislike:

Timing - Does it really have to start at 8am on a Tuesday ( NZDT ). I can understand syncing PvP event starts, but for PvE does it really matter if everyone starts at different times.

Undocumented changes between conquest runs of the same round. Easy to spot when you have a squad set up ( like ewoks ) to outspeed a particular node, when they suddenly don't go first anymore.

Feats with unique buffs/debuffs ( like confuse ).
    Any win 40 times feat.

Suggested change:

Start Time based on timezone.
    More variety of feats, less repetitive feats ( 2 win 20 times with different squads rather than 1 win 40 times )

Oh and if we could avoid creeping the total number of battles up with every iteration, that would be good too.
  • Options
    How about fixing your game before selling toons?
  • Options
    Shmoopyz wrote: »
    Dude, all you need is like 1 GL and a few key Core Teams and you can clear all of Hard Conquest the day you hit 4 million GP.

You can spend zero crystals and easily get crate 3-4. It's basically a bunch of free stuff for very little effort.

What teams would they be?
  • Options

Not gon happen sorry
  • Options
    The only issue I have with conquest is that the easy tier doesn't have DC nodes at the end of each sector. I would love it if each sector had a node at the end that new players could use for extra resources.

Sector 1:
    credits - both character and ship. Drop rates could be somewhere between 35-50k and 15-35k respectively.

Sector 2:
    purple mats - drop rate of 1 to 3

Sector 3:
    ship prestige, the stuff you use for upgrading capital ship abilities. Drop rate of 3 to 5.

Sector 4:
    omegas. One or two

Sector 5:
    DC - the same as the node for normal sector one.
  • Options
    I used to hate Conquest, and part of it was that my roster ****. Right before the changes, I was just about to get my first GL, and I had almost beaten gotten a good crate. Then it changed, I had only 1 GL, I still ****, I didn't understand how to cheese, I didn't want to learn how to, I didn't understand the puzzle, I didn't.... you get the idea.

Then I started talking to another fellow GL about it, and he first said that as a GL, I had to set a better example for my guild and lead the way and it's hard to do that when you're missing valuable toons. Have they all been world enders? No. Some I still don't use that much, some I do every day. Still, my guild needed more CAT and more Malgus. Add Scythe to that.

Then we started talking about how it's a puzzle, and he likes puzzles. Since I don't usually, I didn't notice it. He said figure out the puzzle, and how to solve it, then it's rinse and repeat. What teams work best, how can you combine them to get feats done, etc. It pushed me to push my roster a bit, developing what I could so I could get feats done. Did that play into CG's hands? Maybe a little, but it helped me and I understood more.

Then those datacrons made their way in, and once I realized they weren't going away, I figured best to embrace it and just farm them. There were times when I didn't even finish the map, but I just farmed the crap out of datacron nodes.

Oh, the last thing that encouraged me to do Conquest was Proving Grounds. Did it once, was awful, and I said I'd rather play Conquest fully than have to experience that again.

Just wish with omicrons being used on new characters instead of zetas, wish there was a node that would drop omicrons.
  • Options
    It sucks when they go and say use this faction but only these characters, but the rest is fine imo

I don’t mind the character requirement as much as the “must survive” that’s sometimes in there

If you have Jedi Master Luke (or even just any really durable tank with a leadership skill and a team that can finish the battle, but JML makes it really easy) and grab the "Voluntary Vanguard" data disk it makes this one a lot easier. Stick the Voluntary Vanguard disk on, your tank gets marked, everyone goes for them and, as marked is a debuff not a buff it can't be cleansed (except by Saw I think), even at low gear and/or stars. Just avoid any battles with AOE heavy enemies.

• Options

Not gon happen sorry

Lol, thought i posted that in the Boss Nash kit reveal haha
  • Options
    But conquest is a long boring grind, I'd enjoy it a lot more if it wasn't so repetitive like all the PVE in the game
  • Options
    But conquest is a long boring grind, I'd enjoy it a lot more if it wasn't so repetitive like all the PVE in the game

Find it odd that someone who plays swgoh would complain about something being a grind. That is what this game is.
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options

Not gon happen sorry

Lol, thought i posted that in the Boss Nash kit reveal haha

It wouldn't be relevant there either. They will always release new things and there will always be bugs at the same time.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    A bit late to the party, I thought that this is just a regular complaint thread, but I will add my two cents too.
    Like:
    - Overall concept.
    - Reward characters.
    - The possibility to farm datacrons.
    - The ability to customize bonuses through datadisks.
    Dislike:
    - Under-utilization of the concept. We are still on one road, just choosing which side to walk on. So much more can be done with the framework.
    - The grind and time sink.
    Suggestions:
    - Make the map more interesting, with stuff like branching paths or optional bosses.
    - Add a difficulty beyond hard, that is more focused on overcoming the fights themselves than straining our schedules for the daily grind. Difficulty on par with ROTE, significantly reduced feat numbers, maybe increased energy cost to balance out fewer necessary fights. Rewards should start where hard mode ends, with shards maybe going up to 110 but not beyond that. Conquest was initially advertised as a game mode where we will get stuck partway through and work on our progress, reality is very different.
    - Maybe consider keeping parts of the map static so we can have long term goals. Especially in relation to my first suggestion.
    I'm a bit unsure whether my ideal version of conquest aligns with CG's idea of it or if it would be better as a separate game mode, something like "individual TB". Either way, some individual content that provides long term goals for veteran players is sorely missing from the game.
  • Hal_10000
    163 posts Member
    edited February 23
    Options
    The things that drive me the craziest are *very* sloggy feats like 40 wins. And CG making things challenging by just continually ramping up the speed. This latest one has been the most frustrating yet. The theory crafters ability to find ways to beat these feats -- maybe, if you have the right disks -- seems to have only inspired them to make more impossible feats (300 stagger, really?). The continue to suck all the joy out of this mode.
  • Options

30 flawed signal data
    30 aeromagnifier
    15 zinbiddle cards
    15 electrium conductors
    30 aurodium heatsink
    15 chromium transistors
    30 bronzium wiring
    15 zeta material
    6 omicron material

I think you’re missing the point here. Sure you get all of these rewards but at a cost greater than crystals, time. It’s not like CG hands us all this after 5 minutes of play time. It takes more than a month to get this character. And the 2 weeks that the event is ongoing it requires multiple crystal refreshes and you have to play certain battles over and over again to accomplish feats. It is a lot of work and seeing the payout afterwards does not satisfy at all. The rewards are nice if it only cost you 5 minutes of your time but this cost more than an entire month. The rewards are no where near what they should be.