4/4 Teaser Discussion Megathreads (Guild, Guild Chat, and Raid confirmed)

Replies

• Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    KeyMan64x wrote: »
    The announcment on Friday was a tease for today's tease. ROTFLMAO! Nice!

You have to have a masters in Public Relations to understand how important it is to tease a tease about an announcement of a tease about an announcement. To the typical person it just doesn't make sense...
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    L. I. T. E. R. A. L. L. Y. N. O. T. H. I. N. G.
    {RotE}
  • Options
    Is that all there is?
  • Options
    What did you people expect? You guys are suckers.
  • ukdfink
    148 posts Member
    Options
    Well people, you guys know how this works!

Link to the community update:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/24960/april-update-teaser-trailer#latest

Post all your comments and discussion about the teaser here!

What are your thoughts on this little gem?

(when i say gem, i mean black hole of pointless nothing)
    Qeltar wrote: »
    AKK889 wrote: »
    The part where he says "will have you playing with other players like never before" makes me drool.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. When has anything we've been promised been even remotely as good as they hyped it to be?

This is just a distraction. They don't have a way to get the gear they are now requiring, so they are dangling so new game play mode to get the heat off them for a while. It seems to be working. Everyone's so excited for guilds/coop they have already forgotten about the cap raise we didn't want, the combat changes they still haven't delivered, and the gear that is required but doesn't exist...

Correct. Endless stream of nothing. Over promise, under deliver or deliver nothing at all.
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    Options
    So the big surprise was short trailer with about 3 seconds of very dim action? Trying to distract from that last "update" I think this game is about to start to feel the burn.
  • Options
    I am satisfied with this.
    Good job guys, I usually hate on you where it's justified, but there's nothing to hate on here.

| John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Mika
    48 posts Member
    Options
    I expected nothing. They delivered nothing. Oh well...
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    ukdfink wrote: »
    Well people, you guys know how this works!

Link to the community update:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/24960/april-update-teaser-trailer#latest

Post all your comments and discussion about the teaser here!

What are your thoughts on this little gem?

(when i say gem, i mean black hole of pointless nothing)
    Qeltar wrote: »
    AKK889 wrote: »
    The part where he says "will have you playing with other players like never before" makes me drool.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. When has anything we've been promised been even remotely as good as they hyped it to be?

This is just a distraction. They don't have a way to get the gear they are now requiring, so they are dangling so new game play mode to get the heat off them for a while. It seems to be working. Everyone's so excited for guilds/coop they have already forgotten about the cap raise we didn't want, the combat changes they still haven't delivered, and the gear that is required but doesn't exist...

Correct. Endless stream of nothing. Over promise, under deliver or deliver nothing at all.

No, we have not forgotten, we realise that they are not listening, so we stopped talking.
    {RotE}
  • Options
    Everything is at a snails pace with this game, so April Fools came late?
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    This update got me to install a competing game. Great update!
  • Slewfoot
    910 posts Member
    Options
    Well, lets assume the update happens at the end of April in about 3 weeks. Most people who arent huge whales will have be around level 76-77 or so you probably only miss out on the fusion furnace and the droid caller if you didnt precraft. Granted, almost everyone needs a fusion furnace. And if the meta changes then, maybe its good that you didnt use up all your gear.
  • Ekucha
    26 posts Member
    Options
    YugeJazz wrote: »
    I quit.

Like you haven't said that before haha

• fberbert
    593 posts Member
    Options
    I bet on event with Rancor as boss to unlock Master Luke with lightsaber.

Luke Jedi is something big, once he was, besides Vader, a top franchise character.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options
    Btw today i got a 5 mb download. Do you guys know what that was about?
  • Options
    slmcmr wrote: »

EA specifically targeting you to nerf your drop rates.
  • Jeff
    30 posts Member
    Options
    Well they delivered everything I figured they would. Which was absolutely nothing. On the bright side if you expect nothing the disappointment factor is nonexistent. Keep your expectations low and they deliver.
  • Options

• Options
    I think dev should here talking with player instead, building some hype (there's a lot to talk about right)
    That in my opinion is much better than making 14-20 17sec-teaser like this
    the cake is a lie
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

You sir are a double post god!
  • kbonifay
    392 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    <deleted language against ToS>
  • Tooltje
    188 posts Member
    Options
    Guys it will not be Rancor, it will be an epic fight against 20 Geonosian Soldiers and you can borrow 5 allies and see if you can make it..

Nah it was stupid to give us another teaser while they should have given us something directly to do right now after the update last friday..

But again, patience our friends. It will surely be a great update.
  • Options
    Forum needs some positivity!

This is just a trailer, showcasing what must be some new event or game mode! Awesome!! We need new content. Forget the gear grind, the grinds only worth it if there's Content to grind for!

The games issues are not xp costs and difficult or inaccessible gear requirements. What we need is competitive PvP events, a solo event for someone to be crowned the best, and guild vs guild event for team play.

Let's hope this update brings new content, and comes this month!
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options

Wait did you guys not get it? So my drop rate was better before? Noooooo!
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    Well, lets assume the update happens at the end of April in about 3 weeks. Most people who arent huge whales will have be around level 76-77 or so you probably only miss out on the fusion furnace and the droid caller if you didnt precraft. Granted, almost everyone needs a fusion furnace. And if the meta changes then, maybe its good that you didnt use up all your gear.

The problem is there are multiple meta's now:

First, you got the Pre-Patch meta. This means pre-health shield (the state we are in right now).

In the Pre-Patch Meta, you have the "pre-crafters" and the "non-precrafters". Precrafters will be able to take at least one character up a gear tear that non-precrafters don't have a chance to do. People will always be better than you, so I don't care that they will have a stronger character... I care that I don't have a way to do it.

The non-precrafters Meta will be different. They might be forced into gearing up characters that they don't really want, but they have to gear up someone to stay competitive. They will waste a bunch of gear on someone they might never use.

Lastly, you got the post-health shield meta. This might change everything again!

So EA has given us multiple ways to gimp ourselves and our characters and waste our time, resources and possibly money. This is about as bad as you can get. This should be used as an example of what not to do in Business Classes across the country. (any country for that matter).
  • Options
    Good job guys, I usually hate on you where it's justified, but there's nothing to hate on here.

Satisfied with what? The fact that they didn't charge you money to watch it?
  • Arijit
    510 posts Member
    Options
    It seems EA/CG has a plan on how the game goes forward. So please, at least share the vision with us. Don't give us a timeline for the application of the thought-out plans but at least share the vision.
    People are frustrated, give them a straw to hold on to, a "Rey" of hope at-least.
    Please.
  • Options
    This trailer is insulting
  • Webbie
    17 posts Member
    Options
    I can't believe a company could be so blind to release a half cooked update (more levels but with no way to get gear or ability mats), promise something big coming and deliver absolutely nothing (which is what that trailer is).

People are hitting levels where that gear is needed and will be quitting quicker than they are now if there are pieces missing.
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options

Satisfied with what? The fact that they didn't charge you money to watch it?

Now that is a positive approach. If we keep that attitude we may sleep peacefully tonight :)