4/4 Teaser Discussion Megathreads (Guild, Guild Chat, and Raid confirmed)

Replies

• Zemyn
    106 posts Member
    Options
    I try to be positive. I try. So hard.

That was lame though. Seriously lame.
  • Options
    What the hell..... i was expecting something about an update this week to address the gear problem.....

Not a Rancor roar and Jabbas blast shield door......

An announcement on a future announcement about a future update.........

Are we still getting Fortitude mechanic this week?, are we getting a way to obtain the unobtainable gear this week?.
  • Options
    Well that was a short trailer for... something big.
  • DestructusKloud
    103 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    *gets told to give the community a good update that we actually want. *
    *promises us something on Monday*
    *waits till the evening to milk it*
    *reveals they've spent most of their time making a teaser on the announcement they had previously made of a future update instead of actually working on the update*
    No EA, this will not satisfy us. This will not slide. WE WERE EXPECTING CONTENT.
    *cries in a corner*
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    slmcmr wrote: »
    Btw today i got a 5 mb download. Do you guys know what that was about?

EA specifically targeting you to nerf your drop rates.

You sir are a double post god!

FML, it happens every time I'm on my cellphone...
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    What the hell..... i was expecting something about an update this week to address the gear problem.....

Not a Rancor roar and Jabbas blast shield door......

An announcement on a future announcement about a future update.........

Are we still getting Fortitude mechanic this week?, are we getting a way to obtain the unobtainable gear this week?.

I don't recal them saying we'd get the balance changes this week, all I remember is a bland PR statement that it would be in the "coming weeks" which as firm dates go is right up there with "sometime in the next galactic year".
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    Options
    looks like 3 more weeks of the dooku evasion meta as opposed to the one week.
  • WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    Options
    latest?cb=20120616003315
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Arijit wrote: »
    It seems EA/CG has a plan on how the game goes forward. So please, at least share the vision with us.
    Please.

They just did! It's big!
    Big!
    BIG!
    Isn't that exciting?
    Did I mention it was big?!
    And it will be here... sometime!
    Wow, I can hardly contain myself!
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Oootini wrote: »
    Drayden wrote: »
    Well that was quite overhyped... I actually had to laugh after the 7 second trailer which by the way a 3 year old could have done better with Adobe.

I dunno I thought it was masterfully hyped, they only needed say 3 or 4 words to get the forums nattering like a bunch of grannies getting their hair permed. the players did all the hype themselves.

This. The community is at fault for this one, and not for the first time

Oh BULLSQUAT. If they actually produced any CONTENT in a reasonable manner, and provided actual USEFUL INFORMATION, people wouldn't spend so much time getting worked up over useless announcements and incredibly bad trailers.

Ding! People want more in the game. So much so that they spend more time on the forums discussing the game than they actually spend playing. We auto through all of the same things we've been playing for 5 MONTHS, then Come here to see if there is any actual content coming out.
    People keep saying "be patient". So we wait. We wait for this "big" event, and it's an announcement for a event that won't happen for weeks?
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options
    That blast door was' big' though. I really want to stay positive tonight :)
  • Arijit
    510 posts Member
    Options
    @Qeltar They are intellectual people, so I am surprised they can't understand what the community wants. What is the harm in telling people like "look in future this will be this, we are working, cant promise but definitely we will implement this".
    By doing this they will encourage players to level up faster, spend crystals and this will lead to profits for EA only.
  • Options
    Stop, stop, please ...
    I ve tears in my eyes from laughing

Relax guys
    Well, at least, we ll get something new ...
    Whatever it will be
    Better than keeping status quo forever
  • ukdfink
    148 posts Member
    Options
    LaLiam wrote: »
    L. I. T. E. R. A. L. L. Y. N. O. T. H. I. N. G.
    Tooltje wrote: »
    Guys it will not be Rancor, it will be an epic fight against 20 Geonosian Soldiers and you can borrow 5 allies and see if you can make it..

Nah it was stupid to give us another teaser while they should have given us something directly to do right now after the update last friday..

But again, patience our friends. It will surely be a great update.

Are you kidding or on the payroll?
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    3-shame-shame-shame.jpg
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options
    Naecabon wrote: »
    3-shame-shame-shame.jpg

Best reply so far :p
  • Options
    I don't even want a new game mode :/

Game already takes up ~2 hours of my day. Now we have to juggle two different game modes?

It's like joining a basketball league and them adding volleyball all of a sudden
  • Options
    OniRenkai wrote: »
    This trailer is insulting

How can you be insulted by a trailer? It's a teaser... What were you expecting?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Arijit wrote: »
    @Qeltar They are intellectual people, so I am surprised they can't understand what the community wants. What is the harm in telling people like "look in future this will be this, we are working, cant promise but definitely we will implement this".
    By doing this they will encourage players to level up faster, spend crystals and this will lead to profits for EA only.
    Yep, it's that simple. I spent weeks trying to make the same points. I had the executive producer (who has run scared from these forums now) respond to my posts saying they heard the points and agreed. And they have done nothing.
    There are only two explanations: they are mind-bogglingly incompetent, or they simply don't care. You decide which is worse.
    Either way, feedback to these people is pointless. So I'm not doing it any more. I may be a slow learner, but I'm not THAT slow.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    what a waste of time

I guess the business of selling hope to whoever buys is doing great still
  • Options
    I am satisfied with this.
    Good job guys, I usually hate on you where it's justified, but there's nothing to hate on here.

Satisfied with what? The fact that they didn't charge you money to watch it?

Haha oh no :D
    The bandwagon has already taken this one. There's no turning back now.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Diraan wrote: »
    My bet is that instead of borrowing just the leader from your allies, you will borrow the entire squad. It def won't be live coop.

Though my nightmare is that it is going to be the same event they did with the Rey shards not long after tfa characters were added to the game. Something along the lines of:

The rancor boss has XXXXX health. Your server has to do XXXXX amount of damage to the rancor in order to get the prize. Prizes are sorted out after the daily reset.

No, they can't do that. Rey fights with a stick. A stick that can be shoved into the Rancor's mouth to prevent damage (Stun) for one turn to give her time to hit a button on the wall to bring down the door to crush the rancor. Rey can two shot Rancor, confirmed.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Arijit
    510 posts Member
    Options
    Devs, higher ups, please understand, we have a small group of ftp and high-spending players and they are frustrated, thinking of quitting or going slow, now investing. There are some who still have hope.
    But this is for sure, you just ensured people will not invest money. But maybe with all the data you collect you have some information that we dont.
    I am pretty they have high income from people who join the game as newbie, spend on chromium, collect characters at 2*, 4* and be happy.
    I think their income from higher level players is less and hence they are not targeting us but new joiners.
    my 0.000000000001 milli-cents.
  • JarDorK
    163 posts Member
    Options
    i believe or is an event about a rancor, or since they said "big" is probably a fight against the various creatures of the Star Wars Lore
    "I don't search for bugs, they find me and beat me endlessly" - JarDorK
    My views are my own... except when they are wrong... then it's jar jar's fault

Pure F2P at heart
  • Options
    slmcmr wrote: »
    That blast door was' big' though. I really want to stay positive tonight :)
    I stayed positive for months. Defended where I felt it was necessary, but they have now pulled all of our **** out one by one while promising sex next time. I have not once been pleasantly surprised by an update.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly, I am usually right there to blast CG/EA when they fall short (usually WAY short). But I'm not quite sure what all the negativity is about.

First off, it seemed pretty obvious in Friday's update that today was going to be some sort of announcement - not a new update or new content.

Second, people have been clamoring for guilds and new gameplay modes - which seems to be what this announcement is announcing. Guilds + new game play.

A seven second video? Sure, whatevs.

Maybe people read into Friday's update that there was going to be some new content released today - but I honestly think that was more them reading into what was posted. I know I certainly didn't think so - partly because they haven't released new content on Monday in recent memory and also because they just dropped the level cap increase Thursday.

By the "usual" calendar, the earliest they would release any new content/update would be 4/14 (possibly 4/12).

Guilds + some sort of boss raid? I'm actually pretty excited about it. Not enough to go back to spending money, but enough to be looking forward to it.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    **** hair! Censored!!!?? ****!!
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    OniRenkai wrote: »
    This trailer is insulting

How can you be insulted by a trailer? It's a teaser... What were you expecting?

It was implied that we might be getting a fix to the massive precrafting gear problem but instead they give us a trailer for something for the end of the month. I'm sure a lot of people were expecting a fix to the gear problem in which case giving us a teaser trailer really does suck
  • ukdfink
    148 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    This
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    **** hair! Censored!!!?? ****!!

What IS the world coming to?! lol :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*