Client restart? -- Dev Comment

Replies

• Options
    Hey all -

There will be a few updates today, and the timing is likely slightly different on iOS vs. Android devices given how some of the steps need to be staged out.

The whole process is going to take a few hours as the various updates get posted and propagated.

@EA_Jesse can post an announcement once all of the updates have been published.

Thanks!

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Doga wrote: »
    Was FOO always part of Catina shipments?

Yes
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

Yup
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options

Yep
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Options
    Hey all -

There will be a few updates today, and the timing is likely slightly different on iOS vs. Android devices given how some of the steps need to be staged out.

The whole process is going to take a few hours as the various updates get posted and propagated.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Aero wrote: »

Yes

Telaan wrote: »

Yup

Thanks
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Why not roll all the updates at once? It will mess up with everyone's arena if many updates are released in a 2 hour window.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Hey all -

Thanks!

Well good morning @CG_JohnSalera

I can't imagine what ungodly hour you got up to be at work. If you even went home... :p
  • Options
    I dont see protection in toon stats ???
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Hey all -

Thanks!

Thanks for the clarification! As you can see we are excited for the new shiny protection bars and some characters to become useable that previously haven't been AND a meta change!!!
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options
    I dont see protection in toon stats ???

The update is not complete yet
  • Tooltje
    188 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, Ugnaught is now very OP here after the 7 and 5 MB update
  • Options
    @all

Finish your GW asap before the update arrives :s:D
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    Why not roll all the updates at once? It will mess up with everyone's arena if many updates are released in a 2 hour window.

Because it is inefficient. They have a lot of players and only so many servers.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options

I hear you, but given the complexities with this update (which we haven't had previously), it was unavoidable.

Also, to set expectations, the total process is going to be longer than 2 hours mostly due to the time we need to wait for things to propagate through CDN's (content delivery networks).

Hang in there! :-)

• slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options
    @all

Finish your GW asap before the update arrives :s:D

Already finished (Europe and Australia is lucky this time)
  • Options

afirmative
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options

I hear you, but given the complexities with this update (which we haven't had previously), it was unavoidable.

Also, to set expectations, the total process is going to be longer than 2 hours mostly due to the time we need to wait for things to propagate through CDN's (content delivery networks).

So it will be finished in 2 hours?
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    slmcmr wrote: »

Soon.

• JohnSalera
    311 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    ...the total process is going to be longer than 2 hours...

Unsure if you're trolling me. :)

And, to clarify, @Alexone mentioned 2 hours and I was trying to say it would definitely be longer than 2 hours. The total process be 6 hours (and possibly longer) as there are things we have to wait for as we stage parts of the update out.

We will keep you posted on progress.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options

Thanks! 2+ hours from now is still a heck of a lot earlier than expected.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options

He said "longer than"
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options

Thanks John, keep up the good work!
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options
    ...the total process is going to be longer than 2 hours...

Unsure if you're trolling me. :)

Nope, i just misread your post. I see it now.
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    There's no way they'd push the update out without being at work to fight the inevitable fires. It's 6:40am PST. The Devs are still asleep.

It could depend. For most games like Swtor a major update sometimes will start it early in case there are problems. It gives the devs time to make sure everything is working ok or extra time to fix any problems that will occur. I'm not saying that's what's happening here but early updates do happen.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Ewok event- go to Apple Store. It gives description.
  • Options
    New achievement: get the Jar Jar Binks :open_mouth:
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Aha i see! Ok...but know that we are all scared! :smile:
  • Options

Everybody should have enough time. We still got 10 hours before payout.
  • TheDukeofDukes22
    585 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    It seems like there will be update after update for around 2 hours. If you could post here the new it would be great. Share your thoughts and what you have noticed of the new Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes!