Dooku Leadership is actually horrible strategy.

Prev13
Timitock
2844 posts Member
He thrives on Counters.

Evasion does not trigger Counters.

He is hurting Fives, Kit, Aayla, and Kylo as well.

Replies

• Options
    If it's so bad then why is everyone using it?

The damage you lose in counter attacks from Dooku is gained in stronger attacks from any of the five squad members.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    ST han is the savior. Thank you Dooku for triggering my whole team to go again.
  • Options
    The only thing that sucks is when you are in a 4v3 and everyone evades for the nextrains turn, gain offense up, and take me down low enough to where dooku can counter once and kill me. This has happened several times to me lol
  • Options
    But if you evade, you get offense up and end up soaking less damage. How is that not good?
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options

The damage you lose in counter attacks from Dooku is gained in stronger attacks from any of the five squad members.

I think his use will diminish.
    There are more reliable ways to get Offense Up.
    There are other Evasion Leaders.
    He will always remain useful.

People use him because he is a good Jedi hoser.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Old Ben fixed would be better.
  • Magisto
    384 posts Member
    Options
    Cool, bro. He's at the top for a reason.
  • Options
    Disagree. Dodge once and get offense up. Then they dont want to touch you. Lol i remember times when i faced dooku and didnt have dooku and used to think, "why dont they allow me to pass my turn?" Lol
  • Options
    I used han as leader,geo,daka,royal guard, and qui gon/kylo as my fifth and just killed everyone today
  • Options
    Dookus offensive up my opponents had didn't help them much
  • Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    He thrives on Counters.

Well, if you evade it means the opponent wasted an attack (possibly a cooldown ability) and you still have the hp to receive the next attack and counter, so what you are saying isnt exactly true. You could think about like evading is almost the same as if the opponent had been stunned for 1 turn. And that is besides the offense up.
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    Options
    The only reason he is effective is AI has no clue how to defend ... So using a passive ability is a smart strategy. His retaliation is less important. If there were multiple toons that could effectively defend, then Dooku would be phased out, but not yet.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Options
    This is a trolling thread.... Everyone will continue using the countess until he is nerfed. There are multiple posts elsewhere with data showing his dodge is well over 15%, and when applied to an entire team it's very difficult to handle.
    @Timitock where is it documented that "evasion does not trigger counters"?
  • Options
    brewsaber wrote: »
    This is a trolling thread.... Everyone will continue using the countess until he is nerfed. There are multiple posts elsewhere with data showing his dodge is well over 15%, and when applied to an entire team it's very difficult to handle.
    @Timitock where is it documented that "evasion does not trigger counters"?

His dodge is over 15%. It adds an additional 15% to the already existing dodge rating.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Umm... It doesnt have to be documented.
    Evade 20 times, then let me know how many of those Countered.
    I am not trolling. Dooku worked in a speed meta, he will fade in this meta.
  • Options
    He thrives on Counters.

Dooku isn't good because of his counters, Dooku is good because of his stuns and his leader ability. A Dooku led team should consist of glass cannons who hit reeeeally hard on offense up and who could actually use the dodge. Running a Dooku lead with Fives, Kit, Aaylo and Kylo is a horrible idea.
  • Options

Yes. Bug fixes around here masquerade as new metas...
  • scuba
    14078 posts Member
    Options
    LordAlvert wrote: »

Yes. Bug fixes around here masquerade as new metas...

Took me a second...
  • UlicQ
    198 posts Member
    Options
    I'd argue that it's genius strategy, especially for counter teams. If you attack them and miss they get a buff. If you attack them and hit, they hit you back. Best of both worlds.
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    Options

I think his use will diminish.
    There are more reliable ways to get Offense Up.
    There are other Evasion Leaders.
    He will always remain useful.

People use him because he is a good Jedi hoser.

I think his use will increase

Dodge adds uncertainty to the time needed to finish an opponent, and gives an added chance that a player can lose if the odds are against the player. Other leaders never felt threatening, I don't lose against other leaders...

There are other evasion leaders but some are faction specific. With dooku you can mix and match anyone you want.

Evasion has become more important as players are able to survive more hits, WIth more hits, the numbder of dodges increase.

He will always remain useful unless his leadership ability is tweaked

Lastly, did you even see the dooku megathread? Stop creating a new thread when there is another one specifically for dooku
  • Options
    There are easier ways of getting offense up than hoping a toon will dodge. QGJ can O-up the entire team when debuffing. So can Poggle with his special.

The reason so many people use him (myself included) is because his evade bonus seems to be way out of whack compared to other evasion leaders, particularly when the AI is running the team. Does this mean I miss out on a counter or two when he is attacked. Yes, but it also means other toons without a counter take less damage over the round.

Plus his 15% evade applies to the entire team equally. The only other leader who can claim that is Old Ben, who until recently was either a pain or impossible to farm, and whose evade leadership is currently busted.

TL;DR: HP saved on my team from evasion > HP lost on opposing team from counter.
  • TheMadTwadder
    483 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Magisto wrote: »

Because a bunch of bro's like you all goin ham for an easy win.
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Options
    AI dodge is completely out of control right now. This includes npc's in challenges/missions. It's tedious.
  • Magisto
    384 posts Member
    Options
    Magisto wrote: »

Because a bunch of bro's like you all goin ham for an easy win.
    I'm nowhere near the top. I play somewhat casually.
  • Options
    I think dooku leads will decrease. Evasion was important when fights were fast and furious. One evade before update was huge. But now that the fights are longer evades aren't as important. Before update i lost about 20% of fights vs dooku leads because of rng. Now i never lose vs dooku leads. People will catch on.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    You cant fight the wind.
  • Options
    He thrives on Counters.

Dookus role is to punish Aoe. When a character makes an aoe attack and the Dooku team has offense up,exactly this happens...
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    There are better leaders for punishing AoE.
    There are better ways to get Offense Up.
    There are better Evasion leaders.

People assume Dooku is broken and want to exploit the bug.
  • Options
    Maybe he is used because he makes the team stronger? It does help when a char evades Rey's Flurry or GS swarm, as well as all kind of stuns.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Ivan_Drago wrote: »
    Maybe he is used because he makes the team stronger? It does help when a char evades Rey's Flurry or GS swarm, as well as all kind of stuns.

Evasion is good.

Evasion with counters is sub-optimal.