Should stunning a tank remove Taunt

Varlie
1286 posts Member
Just like people are saying that characters should not dodge while stunned. Should a tank maintain a taunt if stunned?

Replies

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Yes I think they should keep taunt up while stunned.
    I wouldn't mind it the other way because it would allow me to drop Qgj but IMO forcing to use a special to remove it is the better option.
  • Serya
    334 posts Member
    Options
    You should keep taunt but loose dodge when stunned.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Serya wrote: »

Definitely. That has been noted an hopefully will be fixed one day.
  • Options
    No, why?

Makes no sense to me.

A meat shield is a meat shield regardless of what status effects they have.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • OrionPeace
    166 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm in the camp that believes that stun should be an effective counter to Taunt. But, the Taunt duration shouldn't be effected. Meaning that if it is a two turn Taunt, the stunned turn shouldn't count as one of those two turns.

It makes no sense to me that a stunned target can Taunt. A stunned target can perform NO action.

I don't think a stunned target should gain benefits from passives or be able to dodge. Once the Taunt buff is applied, it is a passive ability.

Of course, it would require actual play testing to determine if this made stuns too effective.

But either way, stunned targets shouldn't dodge. Ever.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    No, why?

Makes no sense to me.

A meat shield is a meat shield regardless of what status effects they have.

obviously a meatshield + taunt is way more effective than a meatshield without taunt.

OT: imo stunning shouldnt remove taunt. being stunned doesnt allow you to move out of the way (dodge), being stunned in a taunting possition would still look taunting, stunned or not.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    It was just an idea, I come from a heavy pen & paper RPG background and your tanks lose a lot of ability when they fail their save vs Hold Person.

• gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    Serya wrote: »

+1
  • Options
    Stunning already does enough by taking away a character's turn. No other status effect does two different things, so why should stunning get the extra ability?
  • Options
    So stun and dispel positive effects in 1? Plenty of OP at that point.
  • Options
    I guess i am in the camp of a stunned target shouldn't be able to proc an auto taunt. If they have it up already then fine, but to see RG be stunned and proceed to auto taunt in a stunned state seems counter intuitive but that's just me.
  • Options
    I guess i am in the camp of a stunned target shouldn't be able to proc an auto taunt. If they have it up already then fine, but to see RG be stunned and proceed to auto taunt in a stunned state seems counter intuitive but that's just me.

Looks like we are camp mates. Because I couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    I agree too, should not be able to taunt while stunned, but I'm on the fence about losing taunt if stunned, I see it both ways.

I wish they would get rid of the assist move calling the stunned toon if you have others available!
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    No. Stop trying to make stun more powerful than it already is. Stun removing rainy would devalue dispel characters.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    No.

Tanks are just barely relevant now. Let's not see how quickly we can make them irrelevant again.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    OrionPeace wrote: »
    I'm in the camp that believes that stunned targets shouldn't dodge. Ever.

I'm glad we agree.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Aero wrote: »
    No. Stop trying to make stun more powerful than it already is. Stun removing rainy would devalue dispel characters.

I do wish the stun were able to remove rainy...especially helpful if you live in the Seattle area from what I understand. Actually, I'm from Chicago and wish the stun could remove snowy... but alas, not even stun is that powerful. Now, the sun can remove snowy...which is nice.

On the other hand, I do think if stun could remove taunt, that would devalue dispel characters.

;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I don't feel strongly either way. If you want to keep an opponents taunt longer try inflicting speed down on them. Length of taunt is supposed to be based on how fast they recover turn meter.

Chondrosarcoma- Chondro3150#0907