Let's talk compensation for arena rewards bug.

Prev1
As far as I know, the multiple rewards bug for arena is an android only problem. I'm curious to see if there is going to be any form of compensation or anything for iOS users. I'm in a chat room that is frequented by around 50 people and there were about 10 of them in there that have at one point got the rewards duplicated, and multiple times. If 10/50 in a small scale sample gets the bug, I can only imagine how many people are getting this nice little boost haha. I understand it is a bug, but this bug can potentially be toxic to the game considering that it gives android players a nice little boost when farming arena characters. Android already has had their hand held through out the game (Samsung pack with 500 crystals, shards, and IG-86. Phasma instead of Poe. The cantina "glitch" that didn't stop anyone from farming cantina but still a free 200 shards for anyone who suffered the terrible, terrible glitch *sarcasm*. The end of the year bundle, while not being top of the line, was still offered to one platform and not the other.)

Replies

• Options
    iOS users and Android play separately though? So it doesn't affect you? Not creating an unfair balance on your server. If anything the android users who didn't get it should be compensated.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    I don't believe iOS and android users play separately. The game simply does not support cross platform account syncing capabilities.
  • Options
    Yeah from what I've heard/seen, the brackets are mixed between iOS and Android players. I guess we would just have to wait for a confirmation from a dev
  • Options
    They do not play seprate. Have a notebook on android and phone on iOS swapped ally code and have each on the others team. So this bug would give a great advantage for some over many.
  • Options
    You can swap ally codes yes, but they won't be on your PvP servers.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    The pvp servers aren't true servers. They're shards. There's only one true server which supports both operating systems.
  • Ivinol
    68 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hmm was the second time for me with this bug.
    First time i got it weeks ago.
    This are 2x10shards advantage.Not huge i think.
  • Options
    And how exactly is that fair to the other 80% of Android users who haven't experienced the bug? (such as me) or those that joined the game after these so called "glitches"?
  • Options
    Well, obviously, I want everyone who hasn't received the bug to be compensated, I just used the iOS/Android comparison to point out that Android indeed has had a lot of help in their accounts.
  • Redan
    90 posts Member
    Options
    What is exactly the damage you suffered from this bug@Truffle?
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options
    I have four android accounts and have never encountered this bug. Not saying it's not there. Just saying I haven't been lucky enough to get it lol:)
  • Yodavader
    121 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    1. iOS users meet over-developed Android users compared with the same or more level iOS users everyday in the Galaxy War so this is why EA has to compensate iOS users for the unfairness.
    2. In the tutorial, the purpose of this game is collecting characters. Android users have more chance that by reward bug than iOS users if they pay the same money. So this is why EA has to compensate iOS users for the unfairness.
  • Options
    I know iOS users that have been lucky enough to be on the receiving end of this bug too, so I don't think it's platform specific. I just say "Congrats you lucky schlub!" They have asked if it'll be taken away and I just say enjoy it, not your fault and you did nothing wrong.

It's not like it happens every day and sure, they may get a couple extra shipments earlier, but I don't know if it's game breaking. I actually hope this bug is one of those pesky hard to find ones :)
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Not only have I never received any of these duplicate rewards, let me also point this out: Apple users got a free Poe Dameron, who without any crystal spending takes 20 days to unlock via Cantina shipments. Android users instead got Captain Phasma, who can be unlocked in a little over 3 days through GW.
    Just saying.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    I have received this once IOS
  • Options
    Scoregasms wrote: »
    I know iOS users that have been lucky enough to be on the receiving end of this bug too, so I don't think it's platform specific. I just say "Congrats you lucky schlub!" They have asked if it'll be taken away and I just say enjoy it, not your fault and you did nothing wrong.

It's not like it happens every day and sure, they may get a couple extra shipments earlier, but I don't know if it's game breaking. I actually hope this bug is one of those pesky hard to find ones :)
    bleeaauuh wrote: »
    I have received this once IOS

Well then lol, that completely changes the topic. No one group is due compensation more than the other.
  • Options
    This is a very weak case for reimbursement...
  • Options
    Another give me free stuff thread.
  • Options
    First, I'm on iOS and I have received duplicate awards twice. So it is not android only. Second, if there is a bug that is actually favorable to some random players, somehow that entitles everyone not affected to free stuff? Get over yourself and your self entitlement. If you accidentally get an extra hamburger in your bag at McDonald's, do they suddenly owe everyone in the restraunt an extra hamburger? Wow, grow up.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Would i like compensation for not experiencing duplicate rewards while my competition has?
    Of course lol we all would
    BUT
    Is it fair, feasible, doable, likely, or even remotely possible that CG will exhaust the time/effort to track down every acct that didnt get it an send us all 1,000 of each reward?
    Not a chance (nor should they)

@EA_Jesse
    I am curious for a dev to weigh in given the variety of responses here so far but say you fighting a losing battle lol
  • Castaspella
    354 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    And how exactly is that fair to the other 80% of Android users who haven't experienced the bug? (such as me) or those that joined the game after these so called "glitches"?

I know right.

TLDR (original post): Wah-wah, give my group an advantage.

Advice (for OP): Learn to play, and HTFU!
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I have had it twice, but I know some who have had it 10 times. I want compensation for not having as good of luck as other guys
  • Raenas
    68 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I had it like 7 times. Also since I usually end up in top 10, that's quite a lot of shards and gems.
  • Options
    This is a thing on IOS too.. Umm, a friend of mine who's ex girlfriend had a little brother who went to school with someone whose brother got X3 times the rewards twice in one week... And the were #1! >:)

The perceived advantage is nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    This is a thing on IOS too.. Umm, a friend of mine who's ex girlfriend had a little brother who went to school with someone whose brother got X3 times the rewards twice in one week... And the were #1! >:)

The perceived advantage is nothing to worry about.

I think I know him xD
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options
    Lol:) Good try man. I say good for the people who get the bug. I would freaking love to get double rewards.
  • Options
    I don't think compensation, banning, or reward removal is in order. Since, as far as I'm aware, this bug is not reproducible and simply based on luck, if you get it good for you. If not, better luck tomorrow.
  • Options
    WhipiT wrote: »
    Lol:) Good try man. I say good for the people who get the bug. I would freaking love to get double rewards.

It is usually triple, not double
  • Options
    @Castaspella
    Lol love how I need to "learn to play" when I'm consistently top 10 in my bracket and have been playing since the day the game launched. I'm simply stating that in a small scale sample, a lot of people received this bug, which makes me wonder if there's quite a few people who have received it. Just last night someone in the chat got triple rewards for rank 3 on pvp. That's 1200 free crystals, and 2700 arena shipment tokens. creating a quicker way of farming the shipment characters as well as whatever they decide to do with their extra crystals. Most likely using it to energy refresh more than usual.

Yes it is a bug that no one can duplicate at will, but we can't deny the fact that if someone gets triple rewards in the top 10, or even top 20 that it won't give them a huge spike in progress compared to someone who would not have received the glitch. This isn't something like the Barriss nerf where thousands of people complained about a nerf (albeit the nerf wasn't needed), but in a game like this where balance is a prime focus for the devs you can't expect every character to remain the same through the entire lifespan of the game. I would be absolutely fine with no compensation for the arena rewards bug if they actually fixed it in a reasonable amount of time. But as far as I can tell, this has been going on for a little too long considering the amount of help it gives to people who receive it in the higher ranks of their ladder.

Since I made this thread I've found out it can indeed occur on iOS, so I've learned something from this. What have you learned by being immature and not contributing anything to the conversation? So please, if you have something to contribute to the thread, be my guest. Though, if you have nothing else to do but insult either myself, or anyone on the thread, you should just use that little back arrow in your browser to leave. Thanks.
  • Options
    I asked my friend and he has gotten bonus rewards so it's like a 100% from my sample! Also, I know for a fact that everyone in a chat room is honest and never troll or would like about something as serious as this. If anyone disagrees with me or calls me out on my ****, then they are immature and I am so much better than them for them posting in a thread I made because my sample and no research led me to a different conclusion. So instead of making a post inquiring about the bug, or adding my Extensive knowledge to one of the many existing posts, I am going to rant about how this is so unfair to me because everyone owes me restitution for any reason I think of cause my mommy said I'm special.