Guild Reward System MEGATHREAD - An Essay on Raiding and its Rewards

Replies

• Options
    +1

I hope the devs see this post. Guilds shouldn't be about spending more to beat your fellow guild members. It should be about succeeding AS a team.
  • Options
    +1.

After all that we've given the developers, when will they add a rewards feature that doesn't require even more spending?
  • Options
    The devs will see it, they'll laugh and move on. Guilds are just another money grab with us competing with each other. They won't change anything that is a pay wall
  • Options
    Keep in mind, though, that the metric for “success” on this “leaderboard” is nothing more than damage done! Phase 1, the Rancor is far less deadly, meaning anyone inclined to maximize their positioning on the leaderboard will be more concerned with utilizing every ounce of their five attempts on the weakest, simplist phase, and less inclined to help assist on the final back-breaking onslaught.

Man brillant post and don't worry they will never understand raiding. CG shows that the staff is just there for the 9-5 and couldn't care less.
  • Options
    Great post!
    If they wanted to encourage more competition, it should be between guilds not within guilds
  • Options
    Great post. It makes me wonder if they even have a gamer on their staff because that person would have told them instantly how stupid the idea of intra-guild competition is.
  • Options
    Great post. It makes me wonder if they even have a gamer on their staff because that person would have told them instantly how stupid the idea of intra-guild competition is.

Its a wonderful idea if you are hoping to make a quick buck and aren't worried about longevity
  • Options
    Bit premature to complain i think. Has anyone actually received any of these awards yet? Why not see how it all pans out first
  • Options
    Hallelujah, dude, U hit that on the right spot

+a bazillion of 1´s
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse
    @CG_JohnSalera

You lot better read this asap....... before working on anything else.
  • Options
    I disagree on the competition within guilds, at least in this respect. They're incentivizing top players being in guilds with lower level players. If you are level 75 and join a guild where everyone is level 75, it's much harder to get the best rewards. You'll get a bigger pot to be shared among 50 people, but you'll have a harder time achieving the best rewards in your guild. But if you have a bunch of level 40-75 players in a guild, the pot to divide might be smaller, but the top players in the guild have an easier time getting a bigger share. I guess it depends on what the reward actually look like, but I can see this as a way to prevent all the top players from being in their own guilds and not joining with lower players.
  • Options
    +1

Great post Naec hope the devs take the feedback we have given them and implement a change to the reward system. We shouldn't have competition between guildies for rewards.
  • Options
    Agreed. Any post this long complaining about an update and with 2 pages of comments would usually have half of them asking the OP to quit complaining. This one doesn't and I think that should send a very real message to the devs as well.

Having some degree of internal competition can even bring some fun. Having an extreme disparity in rewards due to a poorly thought out metric will eventually stop people from raiding at all (why would I bother raiding if I know I am going to be stuck with crappy stuff, no matter how much effort I throw in, while other people take advantage of that to get the cool stuff?)

This seems more of a work thought out for mixed guilds (a couple paying customers on the top, a few more "leechers" that just want to get as much free stuff as possible), than anything for competitive players towards the end-game. And that's sad.
  • Options
    Great post, i agree 100% (i would only change the format so it is easier to read/reach).

I sometimes wonder why game developers never learn from mistakes of other games....
  • Options
    1+
  • Options
    Great post, well thought ideas.
  • Apoc
    172 posts Member
    Options
    As a p2p. I still absolutely agree. This whole reward system is horrendously dumb, and unnecessary. Why would they ever think this was ok? Unless the upper management become overly ambitious towards greed. Then there's no excuse for this. No one should receiving crap loot for being a lower tier. Also, only first and second place get the best stuff? Out of 50 people!??
  • Options
    Great post!!!

They have taken the idea of Guilds and turned it into a closed Arena where you get to pick your competition.

Hardly what I would call cooperative. And bad feelings are sure to follow.

How can you get and keep the "best" players, when those players are #34 in your Guild but #1 in the vast majority of Guilds?
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    If you become observant, limiting it to the 10 players means that to get the gear or reward you you enter a pseudo-bidding system.

The reason it is made like that is because bids can extract the most money from competitive players. You spend "energy" which is "free" at a certain level and for anything more meaningful you need to use crystal refreshes...at high tier, lots of.

So the Raids enable CG to extract money ("as an engineered by product") by making you compete (for rewards) against....your best friends.

There. Enjoy!
  • Options
    Very odd what they proposing.

OP - +a bazzillion - your post makes good sense and I agree with everything expressed.

My thoughts are that contribution should be transparent and able to be monitored by all. However rewards should be equal for all guild members with stratification coming from the tiers themselves. Interguild competition is lacking so far as I can see.

And as for feeding the rancor 25 of my best and brightest on a daily basis??? Ugg that is very unpalatable. These are my 'Heroes' not my fodda.

| ANZGC | Exile |
  • Options
    I skimmed through it but I AGREE with the OP! the reward system seems harsh and ends up doing more harm to the game and community because players will start to not participate if they know in the end they won't be compensated.
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Options
    +1
    Fully support this thread.
  • Options
    Great post! This game is reaching a tipping point where the rewards are not equal to the time and effort.
  • GizOne
    150 posts Member
    Options
    I must say that I strongly agree with OP.
  • twist
    68 posts Member
    Options
    Like orion said....they are making it impossible to have 50 good players in the same guild...why be #34 in the best guild and get crap rewards when you can be #1 in most of the other guilds and get rewarded properly...but then, if there are 50 players in a guild and 5 are top dogs fighting for those good loots and the bottom 15 are just filling in...those bottom 15 in 99% of the cases will not do their fair share of the contribution because that's what makes them bottom 15 in an average guild...and the cycle is endless...and the heroic mode will never be touched because it's not worth it (a few will try at first for bragging rights). After that top guilds will disband because at least 25 of the 50 people will want to get decent rewards from time to time especially when they have the means to do so in any other guild.
    You are literally (yes, I do mean literally) destroying your own game.
    This would be funny if it weren't so sad.
  • Options
    This. 100% this. Thank you for the outstanding analysis!
  • Options
    Noone even knows how big a difference in gears the prize tiers represent. Maybe it's not so huge
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    Also, how are they handling getting kicked during a Raid, but before rewards are handed out?

In every Guild there is an "inner circle". Most visible as the Leader and Officers. What if you are performing too well. What if, you are going to take #1, but the Leader has quietly decreed that it is his buddy's turn out of the inner circle to receive those rewards. And then, during Phase 3, after putting in a colossal effort, you find yourself guild-less.

I know it is the cynic in me speaking here, but we all know these things do happen. And the current reward system encourages this type of behavior.
  • Options
    Spot on @Naecabon .

I hope you are reading this and taking immediate action @EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera .

IMMEDIATE ACTION.