Guild Reward System MEGATHREAD - An Essay on Raiding and its Rewards

Replies

• LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Ackbar, Ben, Han.

All buffed for this meta.

Rebels are viable now, so im happy. Very happy.
    {RotE}
  • Options
    You missed a tiny aspect of the update. All the gear that everyone is bottle-necked waiting on was added. But not to a level where it can be farmed. Nope. It was added as a reward in guild activities by out-performing fellow guild mates. So, apparently our new form of cooperation is to either out-compete your guildmates or implement some form of communism, appoint someone central planner, and have them allocate the resources "evenly."

Both options are equally non-sensical.
    valjean913 or BHG Valjean#5571
  • Ceberus
    148 posts Member
    Options
    Für Mr it's the wall i have Hit and regret all the money i have spend. It's a big slap in the face to all Player who have spend money. When I have known that **** i would have never spend money into that Game. Well I used my crystals up and after that EA can go burn in hell.

Best regards to that EA **** who made US all to their fools.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    YugeJazz wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    For the previous update (i.e. Omega mats, protection, etc.) I was a staunch defender of EA/CG and the developers. The update addressed several issues. Was it perfect? No, but it was a step in the right direction. Defensive players mattered, tanks and healers were once again relevant in arena. The Omega challenge was nice new content with decent rewards - and helped an "upgrading" issue.

I'm not even going to go into the absolute chaos that ensued when the update went live last night, except to say that it was very poor execution.

The new update and the "communication" that preceded it are deeply flawed however. And frankly, at the very least, the communication was misleading - at worst, some if it were simply lies.

OMEGA EVENT Started on 4/14 - ended 4/24. That's not 12 days, despite the fact that it said "over a 12-day period" - 4/14 until 4/24 is, at most, an 11 day period. That update post was a flat out lie. It ended at least 1 day early.

GUILDS
    - There are so many issues here it's actually sad.

First off, it has been repeatedly stated that guild activities (and their reset) would be "based on the time zone of the guild leaders". Apparently this does NOT actually include the DAY of said time zone. This morning a great many guilds are confused, as it is MONDAY in their "guild leader's time zone", but they will spend most of the day trying to earn points using yesterday's (Sunday's) requirements. If you look at the updates that discuss tiers, MONDAY was listed first - and is the first day that the update is non-optional. Flat out lie? Maybe not - but extremely misleading, and easily remedied by simply including...anywhere...the fact that the "guild reset is NOT related to the guild leader's reset - just his arena payout" (which incidentally, is completely arbitrary)

I could go to great lengths explaining all the other flaws already in the guild system, but several respected posters (Naecabon, Sikho, Shampoo, etc.) have already done an excellent job of pointing out the fact that the current "guild system" is really just a poorly designed (and not-so-thinly veiled) attempt to get guild members to compete against each other, instead of work together. A great opportunity, missed....again.

NERFS AND BUFFS
    As if the above several points are not enough to call the update a fairly abject failure, we have nerfs - and of course buffs.

TL;DR version? Everyone who got nerfed was weak already and the buffs were given to the strongest characters in the game - oh, and the one aspect of Dooku that "needed" to be fixed, wasn't. Good work.

Long version:
    Ventress was, in effect, nerfed. I don't even run Ventress, and think this is ludicrous. She is already one of the weakest heroes in the game (several of her own NS folks are much more viable than her). Dooku was nerfed - except for the only part of him that actually would have made sense to tone down - his OP leader ability. Do the developers even play this game??

Buffed? Well, the always weak GS, IG 86 and QGJ were buffed of course - now they will never call an assist from a stunned character, and their assisters won't be counter-attacked. NICE! I DO run QGJ + GS (as do most people), so I'm okay with this one...even if it makes absolutely no sense from a game balance perspective.

Oh - and taunting tanks in general got a buff. Why? Because the new "rules" about counters, will make tanks even more important. So now QGJ & GS can blast away AND call in assists - and remain untouched. You go RG!!

As I said at the beginning of this post, I defended the last update. I will not make the same mistake this time. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

Yawnnnnnnnnn, you done?

I thought you quit? Like 14 times...
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • ripthestage
    153 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Agree with the whole post but I believe there is one more thing.
    What is someone (not me) doesn't want to be in a guild at all (why not?). They are locked on gear VIII-IX. Is that fair? Because currently in this game you only have access to high level gears if you are a guild member. That's just beautiful, join a guild (a strong one) if you want your toon ever maxed.

"Is the countless amount spent on Chromiums, crystal refreshes for gear and energy and store shipments and Aurodiums and every other expense not enough?" - And this is true for credits too.

I'm getting tired of spending on everything if I want to play in this game. Because be honest, guys. Buying refreshes and sim them on a gear is not fun. LS/DS/Cantina battles are fun for once (once you clear it for 3 stars). Arena? Nope. You have 5 battles a day for free. Can we practice against each other (allies, guilds)? Nope.

So basically the current model is to pay for energy, packs, gears and credits. From now on, you must join a guild and spend more if you want to get the high level gears within reasonable time.

So, in short: where is the fun? Raids can be, but you must change the raid system soon to be FUN. I also believe you must release those newly created gears to other places. What's wrong with you? No guild, no gear?! I would use stronger words but I don't want my post to be deleted.

• Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    Dookus leader ability is still OP (as the annoying dodge-festival because RNG seem to hate me and wants me to give up on every evasion-team) ... just his char alone got nerfed, due to no counter against stealth chars ... however, i think, this is great, because how do you counter attack something you dont see ...

Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    It's crazy that they seem to have gotten the variance right on the Activities and completely screwed up the Raid rewards. A little variance for individual contribution is fine, but that's something like 15%-20% and not this travesty.
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    Options
    @Naecabon

Hey! I like you now!
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    To anyone suggesting that this system is okay because you think everyone might be able to get the same gear reward types - even if that is true (I'm far from convinced) that is irrelevant because the top players still get more of it based on some arbitrary measure of damage dealt. If we're supposed to be a team, treat us like a team - superbowl winners don't get different size rings based on how many touchdowns each player got; footballers don't get bigger world cup medals depending on how many times they touched the ball; team is a team is a team.
  • Options
    I agree. I was actually about to apply to Team Instinct then I read this post and realized it will be easier to gear up in a low end guild always being in the top 3 than to join a high end guild and have to fight against each other. I was ready to drop a few hundred into this game again until I saw how bad this is playing out. They should take a look at Castle Age. That game had a really good way of handling raid and guild type events. (I havent played in years - so it might be bad now) but at launch and early on it went well. Oh well this game might end my interactions with EA moving forward same as BnS ending anything I touch NCsoft as well. Props to the Wildstar comment. It is hands down one of the best raid environments since EQ2 before the population died on both games.
  • Options
    The update just dropped less than 20 hours ago, maybe you can relax and let the dust settle before you go saying this is such a terrible update...I don't agree with the toon changes either (no counter on assist, all counters damage taunt toon) but this isn't the first time we've had unpleasant and unforseen changes made to game mechanics and characters we already enjoy. I wasn't a huge fan of the previous update with protection, but after a couple days it certainly grew on me. Everybody take a deep breath and calm down, it's not like any of you are going to stop playing entirely lmao.
  • Options
    This system essentially is designed to destroy guilds. Once you fall behind in your guild there is no way to catch up because the top guys are only getting stronger gear, your only option I'd to leave and find a different guild out else you'll be stuck. It also doesn't help with the whole pre craft thing many people are already far behind before a single raid has taken place and are only going to fall farther behind.
  • Panna
    210 posts Member
    Options
    TravNasty wrote: »
    The update just dropped less than 20 hours ago, maybe you can relax and let the dust settle before you go saying this is such a terrible update...I don't agree with the toon changes either (no counter on assist, all counters damage taunt toon) but this isn't the first time we've had unpleasant and unforseen changes made to game mechanics and characters we already enjoy. I wasn't a huge fan of the previous update with protection, but after a couple days it certainly grew on me. Everybody take a deep breath and calm down, it's not like any of you are going to stop playing entirely lmao.

+1
    ARK - Alliance Of Rebel Knights | Editor & Graphics Designer | https://swgoh.gg/u/panna/
  • Options
    Valjean wrote: »
    You missed a tiny aspect of the update. All the gear that everyone is bottle-necked waiting on was added. But not to a level where it can be farmed. Nope. It was added as a reward in guild activities by out-performing fellow guild mates. So, apparently our new form of cooperation is to either out-compete your guildmates or implement some form of communism, appoint someone central planner, and have them allocate the resources "evenly."

Both options are equally non-sensical.

Thats the problem i have. You need to finish top 10 in t5 to have a chance at the previously unfarmable gear so 4/5 of players in guilds wont even be able to get it haha it should honestly be added to shipments with the two toons
  • Options
    YugeJazz wrote: »
    For the previous update (i.e. Omega mats, protection, etc.) I was a staunch defender of EA/CG and the developers. The update addressed several issues. Was it perfect? No, but it was a step in the right direction. Defensive players mattered, tanks and healers were once again relevant in arena. The Omega challenge was nice new content with decent rewards - and helped an "upgrading" issue.

I'm not even going to go into the absolute chaos that ensued when the update went live last night, except to say that it was very poor execution.

The new update and the "communication" that preceded it are deeply flawed however. And frankly, at the very least, the communication was misleading - at worst, some if it were simply lies.

OMEGA EVENT Started on 4/14 - ended 4/24. That's not 12 days, despite the fact that it said "over a 12-day period" - 4/14 until 4/24 is, at most, an 11 day period. That update post was a flat out lie. It ended at least 1 day early.

GUILDS
    - There are so many issues here it's actually sad.

First off, it has been repeatedly stated that guild activities (and their reset) would be "based on the time zone of the guild leaders". Apparently this does NOT actually include the DAY of said time zone. This morning a great many guilds are confused, as it is MONDAY in their "guild leader's time zone", but they will spend most of the day trying to earn points using yesterday's (Sunday's) requirements. If you look at the updates that discuss tiers, MONDAY was listed first - and is the first day that the update is non-optional. Flat out lie? Maybe not - but extremely misleading, and easily remedied by simply including...anywhere...the fact that the "guild reset is NOT related to the guild leader's reset - just his arena payout" (which incidentally, is completely arbitrary)

I could go to great lengths explaining all the other flaws already in the guild system, but several respected posters (Naecabon, Sikho, Shampoo, etc.) have already done an excellent job of pointing out the fact that the current "guild system" is really just a poorly designed (and not-so-thinly veiled) attempt to get guild members to compete against each other, instead of work together. A great opportunity, missed....again.

NERFS AND BUFFS
    As if the above several points are not enough to call the update a fairly abject failure, we have nerfs - and of course buffs.

TL;DR version? Everyone who got nerfed was weak already and the buffs were given to the strongest characters in the game - oh, and the one aspect of Dooku that "needed" to be fixed, wasn't. Good work.

Long version:
    Ventress was, in effect, nerfed. I don't even run Ventress, and think this is ludicrous. She is already one of the weakest heroes in the game (several of her own NS folks are much more viable than her). Dooku was nerfed - except for the only part of him that actually would have made sense to tone down - his OP leader ability. Do the developers even play this game??

Buffed? Well, the always weak GS, IG 86 and QGJ were buffed of course - now they will never call an assist from a stunned character, and their assisters won't be counter-attacked. NICE! I DO run QGJ + GS (as do most people), so I'm okay with this one...even if it makes absolutely no sense from a game balance perspective.

Oh - and taunting tanks in general got a buff. Why? Because the new "rules" about counters, will make tanks even more important. So now QGJ & GS can blast away AND call in assists - and remain untouched. You go RG!!

As I said at the beginning of this post, I defended the last update. I will not make the same mistake this time. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

Yawnnnnnnnnn, you done?

I thought you quit? Like 14 times...

Yawnnnnnnn......you done?
  • Options
    Great post Nae!
  • Options
    A little off but someone mentioned TI so...

@Team Instinct members, how are you guys going to cope? It's not just about money, I know you guys are very competitive!
  • Options
    Every update with this game is a cash grab. I don't know why everyone is so surprised.

I don't mind personally. I just feel bad for the P2Players who get taken advantage of. I really don't understand why you would spend money in this business model
  • Options
    +100!

Internal guild competition for the "easy parts" of the raid will be vicious. I am sure we will how leadership will try to start raids quietly to get an edge etc.

I think the there is already a contribution based split for who earns most currency from the daily activities section. Keep that part, even make the variance bigger (because, that is essentially only about who is spending more - and it is fair that those who contribute the most to generate guild coins get the most currency).

But for the love of god, let the loot from the raids be evenly distributed. This way people will work together.

Fix this CG. Stop shooting yourselves in the foot.
  • Jensxn
    173 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    +1 for sure
  • Options
    Spot on, Nae.
  • Options
    +1 Support. This needs to be modified ASAP.
  • Options
    Check the rewards for bottom ranks in teir 6. Can't get gear necessary for what others precrafted.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    I am a proud member of iNstinct.

@Naecabon wrote up an elegant essay on raiding rewards.

We are already on board with the guild rivalry of the daily goals. This is where it's okay to spend whatever energy a member wants and be rewarded with more guild currency to spend on shipments. That's all fine and dandy.

It takes a team to take down the Rancor. Reward all members equally from their contributions to the kill. Nae is correct, it will be disheartening to be at the top of a prize tier which offers less drops from the one above it. Especially when it's just a matter of a few damage points.

Let the daily activities be the guild reward ladder and make the raid loots equal across those who participated.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    CG = The Joker

3038845.gif
  • Options
    It's been said a lot more eloquently in other threads, but i just want to add my voice. Please don't do this. The rewards for raid activity CANNOT be set up for top tier players in guild. The guild, as a whole, must be rewarded equally. I have no interest in being in competition with guild mates. This new feature is supposed to galvanize us as a team, not divide us over money. Please consider this and all the other voices and please, change the reward system to be fair and equal to all guild members. For information sake, i am PTP and currently one of the top contributors in my guild.
  • Bones
    456 posts Member
    Options
    Great Post.....Agree 100%
  • Peempo
    403 posts Member
    Options
    Complete agree Nae, as it appears so does everyone. Raids rewards have to be fixed or this could be a game killer.
  • Peempo
    403 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    CG = The Joker

3038845.gif

Soooo true hahah
  • Apoc
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    CG = The Joker