Rancor Raid Booster Pack discussion

Prev1345
Please discuss the new booster pack here.

For the sake of clarity:

It guarantees total of x amount of shards from the listed characters, not x amount of shards per character.

Replies

• Options
    Just bought it. It dropped five boxes. Not what I thought would happen for that many crystals.

Chondrosarcoma- Chondro3150#0907
  • Options
    What did you get?
  • Keggy
    26 posts Member
    Options
    I got some credits, 2 purple mats, 2 sets of 5 Leia shards and a set of 12 STH shards.
  • JarJar_Shard_1
    393 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    5 GS shards, 12 Rey shards, not sure the number for old Ben, 114 k credits and two purple mats.

• Options
    That's horrendous. Probably even worse than the £100 Force Awakens pack. For 1300 odd crystals I'd want to be able to choose one character to get 22 shards for.
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse I think the pack should be labeled better...

• Minion
    40 posts Member
    Options
    I bought 2 of the mega packs and both of them had 5 shards for 3 chars total 15 shards what gives?
    First pack st han solo, geo soldier, geo soldier
    Second pack rebel hoth soldier, geo soldier, qgj
    Both total 15 shards?
    iN Minion - Team Instinct
  • Options
    lmao!
  • Options
    I thought you are guaranteed 22 for one character?

• Devour
    262 posts Member
    Options
    Why does everything have to be a slot machine? Because people will get what they want and stop spending. Imagine a slot machine that rewarded 20 different currencies, but only one of them you could spend. How many people would visit that slot machine?
  • Options
    I am done!

• Options
    Yeah, what gives??? i just spent $50 on crystals and opened the first mega pack to get two ability mats, 125k credits, and three packages of five shard characters. This is DEFINITELY not what was expected based on the description. I tried again on a second pack to see if something weird happened with the first, yet got a similarly lame drop. This is false advertising. I hope that this will be corrected and purchasers will be reimbursed.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    Oh god, please done buy these. They give you half as many shards as the chrome bundle of the same cost, and those are already disgusting.
  • Options
    You will not get another penny from me!

• Options
    you can get a better deal with 300 crystals a day in Arena farming one node toon and buying 10 shards of one of those toons
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    They give you 22 TOTAL shards, the 4 pack gives you 48 shards.. Please this is a TERRIBLE deal EA. You're basically throwing whatever you can think of at us and hoping some fools buy it.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Haven't people learned their lesson from the Chromiums? This is the same idea but worse. Use your crystals for refreshes.
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    You're basically throwing whatever you can think of at us and hoping some fools buy it.

Hoping????
  • Options
    Well in shipments now there is a gear piece for 1500 crystals. The cash grabbing in this update is disgusting
  • Options
    So glad I didn't buy any. I was going to before the game crashed.
  • Options
    So I opened rancher raid mega booster pack for 1320 crystals and it gave me 3 crate of shards: 12 rey shard, 12 old Ben shard, 12 old Ben shard.

First of all, I didn't know it only gave me only 3 crates of shards rather than 14 crates.
    Secondly, I didn't know it only gave 12 shards each crate in stead of 22 shards each crate.
    Thirdly, when I checked my old Ben afterward, he has 19/80 shards, what is going on?

Can I have my crystal back?
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    So I opened rancher raid mega booster pack for 1320 crystals and it gave me 3 crate of shards: 12 rey shard, 12 old Ben shard, 12 old Ben shard.

First of all, I didn't know it only gave me only 3 crates of shards rather than 14 crates.
    Secondly, I didn't know it only gave 12 shards each crate in stead of 22 shards each crate.
    Thirdly, when I checked my old Ben afterward, he has 19/80 shards, what is going on?

Can I have my crystal back?

That's what you get from opening rancher instead of rancor pack.
  • Options
    serve you right for the rancher pack
  • Options
    Dang, the rancher pack drops 36 shards?! I should've got that one instead of the rancor, I only got 22...
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    It's 22 TOTAL shards from the 14 selected characters. Terrible deal from EA, please don't buy anymore
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    It's 22 TOTAL shards from the 14 selected characters. Terrible deal from EA, please don't buy anymore
    It's so confusing that it shows a picture of 14 crates of shards where each crate contains 22 shards.
    Usually, when pack shows something, it gave everything it shows, didn't it?
    So is it an intentional dirty trick?
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    I'm glad I haven't bought it yet, they will have to address that and refund everyone immediately as small print or not, there's definitely a large element of deception, it definitely gives the impression of containing 22 shards for each character, contact them directly
  • Options
    Guys, don't buy that crap. You're not doing anyone a favor including yourself when you do.
    Don't think I need to explain why.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    The text should really say "The pack guarantees 22 TOTAL shards from a set of 14 characters"

I can't even begin to imagine the reason they thought they needed a 10 per day purchase cap.