Rancor Raid Booster Pack discussion

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    These packs and the bundle that was released are just absolutely abysmal. I have no idea who is running the monetization department over there but I have literally been sitting here for weeks with money I want to spend and nothing has tempted me even remotely.

The Rancor packs are just like chromium only worse and the new bundle, you put luminara in there, really?

Utterly baffling it's like you guys don't want people's money. If you would bother to actually consult with your active members and players you would make a lot more money.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Stop buying these crap packs. Maybe they will be cheaper/better then.
  • Options
    Compare to Shipments - 1500 crystals get you 30 shard of the characters of your choosing, guaranteed.
    On Shipments, 1200 shards will net the player 24 shards of the character of their choosing as well.
    That's "zero RNG" - the store is random, but the player chooses when to buy, so it's really time-gated, not random-gated.
    And Shipments are barely worth their weight for characters which are "long farms" - i.e. no cantina nodes or cantina/arena/gw shipments available.

So Rancor booster packs provide less shards, behind RNG, so there is an increasingly high chance that the player will get duds or shards which will be converted 10:1 into Shard Shop currency...

Not... worth ... it?
  • Jaqen_Hghar
    491 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Did anyone else notice that there is a list of potential drops from the Rancor booster pack and it is described as "set of 14 characters specifically chosen for their power against the Rancor".

Then there is a Rancor Raid strategy bundle with 3 characters NOT in the Rancor booster pack selection.

These may not only be the worst deals up to date, but it seems very misleading.. "buy these toons because they are good against Rancor... but by this $54.99 pack with 3 completely different toons from our boosters.. because they are good against Rancor".

I'm not sure we should trust that ANY of these characters will be better than others against Rancor.. imo we should wait and form our own opinions.
  • Options
    Guys this isn't designed for us. Except the ambiguous wording to get you to drop crystals on one purchase before you realize what you're getting.

This is designed for the foolish whales. They'll throw cash at anything. Any of you whales looking to buy a new or pre-owned vehicle? I'd love to have you suckers as customers..
  • Eleiem
    334 posts Member
    Options
    I want my crystals back :( Maybe it takes a second read to get it right in english, but the Spanish description says clearly that we get 9x or 22x of each character, not total :neutral:
    Shame on you EA
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    These packs and the bundle that was released are just absolutely abysmal. I have no idea who is running the monetization department over there but I have literally been sitting here for weeks with money I want to spend and nothing has tempted me even remotely.

The Rancor packs are just like chromium only worse and the new bundle, you put luminara in there, really?

Utterly baffling it's like you guys don't want people's money. If you would bother to actually consult with your active members and players you would make a lot more money.

I agree. When I first read it I was ready to drop a hungie on it. But I thought I better check the forums first. I'm glad I did.
  • Options
    Do NOT buy this pack. Everyone who has tried it has been ripped off.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    The credits are nearly enough to level from 74-75...
    And you get some purples...
    Crystals need not be purchased, you can save what you earn...

I dunno, trying to come up with positives about this is tough...
  • Options
    Bought the mega......felt like an ****.......won't buy another
  • Options
    Ouch
  • Options
    Nightlores wrote: »
    Stop buying these crap packs. Maybe they will be cheaper/better then.

Just the way grevious went from expensive to cheap
    No one bought grevious
  • Oliverwilliohelma
    133 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    It's 22 TOTAL shards from the 14 selected characters. Terrible deal from EA, please don't buy anymore
    It's so confusing that it shows a picture of 14 crates of shards where each crate contains 22 shards.
    Usually, when pack shows something, it gave everything it shows, didn't it?
    So is it an intentional dirty trick?
    Actually, no. Look at the Chromium packs. They all show all the possible character shards you can get. You don't get everything shown.

No, chromium pack's description: "possible character shard set" and "use crystal to either receive a character or character shard set."

In Rancer raid mega booster pack, its description is "potential item and material drop" and "22 shards from a set of 14 characters" "further promote" "boost your damage even further"- according to its wording, it must be 22*14 crates of shards or at least 22*5,6 crates of shards instead of total 22 shards- how did total 22 shards "boost your damage "? How does 22 shards have to do with damage? Not mention it is not even for a particular toon, but split for different toons(also, how does the image reflect that 22 shard is split for different toons rather than 22 shards for each toon? ) Not mentioning how did it boost your damage " Even further" unless it is 22*14 shards or at least 22*6,7, shards?
    In Rancer raid omega booster pack, its description contain not only one, but two exclaimation mark!! But in chromium pack the only punctuation mark is period. With this analogy, it suggests a difference!

Also, if you subconsciously look at the detail of image, there is a difference too:
    In Rancer raid mega booster pack, all drop are in the same page which can not be scrolled from left to right unlike chromium pack, so what does this difference imply? Along with all differences mentioned above?

The answer is everything altogether make a perfect delusion to our perception;
    But when you look at every single element apart, it doesn't seems wrong at all.

It's called cognitive deception.

Edit:
    Also, I forgot to mention that the analogy of price also contribute to cognitive deception:
    In 1330 crystal chromium pack, you get 4 cards, where with an average statistic, you would get shards in amount of one 2*~3* hero along with three*12 shards, which is 61~86 shards; but in similar priced 1320 crystal Rancer raid mega booster pack along with its timer and exclamation in its description, you would tend to perceive it to be more valuable therefore much more than 61~86 shards if not at least slight more than or in worst case, equal to 61~86 shards, thus if not 22*14 shards, should at least be 22*5 or in worst case 22*4 shards.
    Post edited by Oliverwilliohelma on
  • Baggodi
    404 posts Member
    Options
    It's a catch-22. I'don't have to be on mind altering substances to buy that pack, but if I were 5o buy that much of a mind altering substance I would have no money left for the pack.
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    It's 22 TOTAL shards from the 14 selected characters. Terrible deal from EA, please don't buy anymore
    It's so confusing that it shows a picture of 14 crates of shards where each crate contains 22 shards.
    Usually, when pack shows something, it gave everything it shows, didn't it?
    So is it an intentional dirty trick?
    Actually, no. Look at the Chromium packs. They all show all the possible character shards you can get. You don't get everything shown.

No, chromium pack's description: "possible character shard set" and "use crystal to either receive a character or character shard set."

In Rancer raid mega booster pack, its description is "potential item and material drop" and "22 shards from a set of 14 characters" "further promote" "boost your damage even further"- according to its wording, it must be 22*14 crates of shards or at least 22*5,6 crates of shards instead of total 22 shards- how did total 22 shards "boost your damage "? How does 22 shards have to do with damage? Not mentioning how did it boost your damage " Even further" unless it is 22*14 shards or at least 22*6,7, shards?
    In Rancer raid omega booster pack, its description contain not only one, but two exclaimation mark!! But in chromium pack the only punctuation mark is period. With this analogy, it suggests a difference!

Also, if you subconsciously look at the detail of image, there is a difference too:
    In Rancer raid mega booster pack, all drop are in the same page, that can not be scrolled from left to right, unlike chromium pack, so what does this difference imply? Along with all differences mentioned above?

The answer is everything altogether make a perfect delusion to our perception;
    But when you look at every single element apart, it doesn't seems wrong at all.

It's called cognitive deception.

I call it something different, but the language filter won't let me post it....
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    Options
    I love that they include Lumi shards like 90% of active players don't already have her at 7*
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • Bones
    456 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    you do get a full character pull of RG, thats worth the price of $55 alone, especially if you already have him.
  • Options
    I thought it was a joke pack. That $5 Ewok pack was a way better deal.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Whoever is in charge of monetization for this company is literally losing them millions of dollars.

Yes I know they are making lots of money but they could be making a lot more.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    I think their April Fools joke is a bit untimely.
  • Options
    Bones wrote: »
    you do get a full character pull of RG, thats worth the price of $55 alone, especially if you already have him.

you get 47 RG shards if you already have him unlocked.
  • Options
    April Fools!!

Oh wait...
  • Options
    That is dirty. They make it sound like you get 22 of EACH!
  • Options
    I don't get why they have Rancor boosters advertising that they are the "powerful characters" against Rancor... then they release this expensive bundle with 3 farm-able characters that AREN'T in the Rancor booster, and advertise them as being strong against Rancor. It looks like they might be pulling character names out of hats and saying that they are good against Rancor.
  • Options
    That's horrendous. Probably even worse than the £100 Force Awakens pack.

That was probably the most reasonable one, considering you got what 45 dollars worth of crystals with the purchase
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    But is it worth it?

Lumi is 2 days from being a 7*.

My Rg is at 2*'s and 3/25.

I don't have Ackbar at all.

Or should I just farm away and forget it?
  • Bones
    456 posts Member
    Options
    Bones wrote: »

you get 47 RG shards if you already have him unlocked.

i was being sarcastic about the fact that if you already have him unlocked you only get 7 from the character pull. i wasn't talking about the rest. in any case, still still no where near worth it.
  • ThorsAssassin
    41 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Is this an IOS exclusive? I don't see that bundle on Android.
  • Options
    Totally not worth it.