Are you happy with the direction this game is going?

Replies

• Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    No I am not happy with the direction the game is going
    StarSon wrote: »
    Powda wrote: »
    Tau_Lambda wrote: »
    A lot of people are saying that f2p players bring nothing to the game. This is false. F2p people are like fibre in a good bowel movement. They add bulk and allow it to pass with ease. Less f2p players causes the game to dry up since that is a large chunk of the community, this leads to constipation. Too many f2p people gives the game diarrhea, bleeding money from the company. You need a nice balance of F2p to have a good game movement. Furthermore, if the prices for crystals and packs were a little bit cheaper like $5-$20 the some f2p might be more inclined to spend a little bit to support the game. As it stands now, you can by a brand new pc/console game for the price of 1 pack in this game. This I find to be a disgusting cash grab tactic.

This. All day.

EA could've easily had me for another $100 if their prices were even remotely reasonable, but they're not so I'll sit on my money.

If EA wants to make this game a boutique game for whales only, good luck with that.

Since the update, their daily revenue has doubled (https://thinkgaming.com/app-sales-data/68737/star-warstm-galaxy-of-heroes/). And that's just on iOS. Not sure they care about your $100.

It likely doubled because of the initial interest of buying the Rancor packs. But those packs are fairly useless in reality. This extra revenue stream will soon stop. And if the gear problem isn't fixed, it'll likely decrease.

And small payers cumulatively bring in more money than the handful of whales. Far more people are likely to drop $100 or less than the thousands of dollars a few are. Dismissing your small payers is a good way to kill the game.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • clawsofhonor
    370 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    As a p2p player, yes I am. Just don't get distracted by these silly character packs and spend wisely, you can climb ranks pretty quick and see a return in your investment

Do you understand the concept of investment? What ROI do you get off a freemium game that will not only eventually end (all digital game content has a finite lifespan), but is run by a company that actively puts cash grabs before customer happiness, effectively alienating its player base repeatedly while refusing to fix the existing issues customers have been begging for fixes to for months? Thats like me taking $300k and blowing it all on this game with the assumption that the game will still exist when I die and I will somehow get a physical return worth more than $300k at some point in the future. This game and all freemium games are money black holes. You get nothing other than a temporary enjoyment. When the game whithers and dies, you are left with nothing but a lack of the money you spent and buyers remorse because you have absolutely nothing to show for your money, time, or effort
  • Options
    To OP: you can add players paying money to that list too. You missed Naecobon's essay
  • Options
    To OP: you can add players paying money to that list too. You missed Naecobon's essay

I read that post. Very well put argument
  • Ducy
    22 posts Member
    Options
    HelloHey wrote: »
    This is a freemium game

Lots of f2p whiners here don't want to pay $10 to buy a furnace and want to play free forever on a server that costs money to maintain and staff to feed. I wish these whiners will go because they don't support the game financially which is the most important thing. What good do they bring to this community?

This is ridiculous, plenty of people would pay an $80 one time fee to have all of the game now. With updates in the future. Plenty of games and gaming companies run on selling a game and season pass for $60-$100 and you get a whole hell of a lot more than a mobile app that you could spend a couple hundred dollars a month on and even make a dent in being able to obtain all of the chars. I glady pay a WOW type structure, which is a ton more expensive to run than a mobile game, and I think most people would agree. One time $60 and 8 bucks a month if we had access to everything in game and the it stopped begging for money like it's a hobo on the Street.
  • Options
    1) Level 80 came out a month too soon.

2) Last Yoda event came out two weeks early. Now the next one seems to be late and i have yet to see any notice as to when it will be coming back.

3) Protection fixed Arena. But ruined everything else. Kind of feel like it should have been obvious that if you are going to fix PvP that you compartmentalize that fix and keep it away from PvE. GW takes over an hour to complete now where it used to be 20 minutes.

4) Just participated in my first raid. Despite being one of the strongest members of my guild, my damage contributed didn't equal half theirs. And the only factors I can see here is that they started it this morning. I only participated in Phase 4 and because I was attacking a giant armored rancor and not a bunch of guards, my contribution has been calculated as less than the others. Why would anyone bother participating, if they missed the early phases then? Why help kill the Rancor knowing you will earn less rewards? Your system here is fundamentally flawed. You are encouraging discord in the first social environment you've implemented in the game. And that is just a terrible idea. During production and testing you should have people argue against any idea to identify the flaws so that you can resolve them. And no one thought to mention that your raids can be abused by officers so they get ahead by starting raids at times convenient to them? That this system means I am not killing that rancor for my own advancement but for the advancement of my guild officers. The hell? Implementation failure complete.

5) Lastly. Pay structure. I get it. You're a business. You exist to make money. But frankly, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if my business model was preying on people with passion for star Wars and poor impulse buying habits. So in a way it's understandable why you've made all these mistakes. Because people will keep spending their money regardless because it's Star Wars. You don't have to rely on having a high quality product because some people have literally thrown thousands of dollars into this game. A cheap JRPG set in Star Wars. If you are someone who takes pride in their work. I would be ashamed to be apart of this project. 55$ for 3 characters and a few paltry credits? I could buy a full AAA title for PC/console for that price. And no, "it's not my fault they fall for it" does not excuse you. You know what other profession uses that business model? Heroin dealer. "Not my fault it's going to ruin their lives and their families lives. Not my fault they will engage in crime to feed their habit. I didn't force them to buy anything." Is exactly how they justify themselves.

In closing. Collect data. See who spent over 200$ and make a game just for them. Thatvway you don't have to waste more discerning players time and you can keep acting like the parasite that poops money because Star Wars.
  • Options
    Yes I am happy with the direction the game is going
    The game was too easy. It is much more fun now that battles are somewhat competitive. I spend $5 to $10 a month. Galactic War gets better with each update. #metagame #sst
  • Options
    I'm still happy with the game, and the direction. I enjoy the raiding, and the guilds in general. Agree the reward systems are kind of messed up, but I have hopes they will change them (hopefully for the better, not like what they did profit mining).

Voted no because I have absolutely no faith that this will be fixed or even addressed. Much like-you said it-profit mining. Plus, this issue is so blatantly gamebreaking that the fact that it was released in its current state, even if it is eventually resolved, is enough to destroy any credibility the developers could have had. For shame.
  • ThePedroKid
    368 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    The game takes up too much time daily now.

I liked it when it first came out (the most before I had to grind GW every day) because it felt like a mobile game.

It doesn't anymore. It feels like a indie game being pushed through mobile instead of PC/Console where it belongs. The game is getting too big and too deep for mobile. The daily requirement to have a chance at anything is extraordinarily too great (GW alone can take over an hour!). The caps and gates on energy and other activities only make it worse as it forces you to come back at times that are not convenient or you can not remain even remotely competitive. If you aren't competitive, it doesn't matter... You have to be competitive as that is the only source for meaningful crystal generation.

The pricing model is a legal form of gauging in this game. The above reference to a Heroine dealer is pretty spot on. The franchise is magical and universal. It can sell many things on it's name alone. Abusing that power is what eventually destroys it. $55 for a character pack that includes all 100% non-competitive characters (i.e., not leveled or 7* yet) is ludicrous on every level. For that price, they should all be level 80 and 7* or at the very least level 70 and 7* and include all gears to level X. And, there should be 10 or more characters in that pack.

Star Wars is for everyone. Not just the rich. It makes more money than anything just by being accessible and inclusive. Don't blow it.

The reward structure has become more and more convoluted and contrived. The new Raid is very fun; however, the reward structure is complete and utter garbage and actually encourages players and guildmates NOT to participate as their participation is solely geared towards helping the already top 10% or less of players become even more top geared and beyond reach.

What the heck is up with pre-crafting!? How was this even remotely allowed to happen? In so many ways it has completely broken the game. Why haven't the devs done something about it? Those people have a MASSIVE competitive advantage in Arena (and destroy the power curve in GW). Why hasn't this been rectified somehow? Why can't we simply farm for new gear like we've always been able to and do it at the level requirement assigned to that gear slot? It's ridiculous and broken. The strong get stronger until the weaker give up and leave then the once stronger become the weak and the strongest become the stronger until there is no one left. This is a TERRIBLE model.

The Guild/Raid stuff is super neato but it needs to be optional and only offer to get you rewards FASTER (and dispersed evenly amongst participating guild members... no competitive ****). It should not be a playgate between progressing and not progressing. Everyone, even those choosing not to be in a guild/raid should have access to the gears needed to progress (and not through random crystal purchases). Period.

The constant character changes are getting a little frustrating too as working for months to boost a toon only to have them become utter garbage is not fulfilling or fun. Boost toons, don't nerf them.

I could go on... The game does so many things right but does a whole lot wrong as well. If it keeps getting overly complex and time consuming to continue, people will start walking away.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I love the guild format. Right now, it's more about access to the Store. This first raid is just a taste. Some people need to take Guild Mgmt 101. Beware of guild jumpers; they can be easily exploited.
  • Options
    This game is in the sewage.
  • Options
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=FwI0u9L4R8U
  • Options
    Love that video.
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options

****, that could not have been any more accurate. Can you post it in its own thread?
  • Options
    Great video.

I didn't really mind spending at first, but I would like to spread it out. It would be like exerting yourself On a climb for while and then treating yourself with a lift to the next plateau. Now there's no treat. They've wrecked great characters, etc. and diminished all expectation for reward, to the point that expectation on spending becomes one of expecting disappointment. Diminishing returns to the point of converting P2P to F2P who are only playing to hang on to what they can't let go, is what I'm seeing. I want to want to spend, but they keep screwing it up, now I just roam the forums, which are new to me since the protection update...as for the how much they were making since the last update, all I can say is they could have been making a lot more, so regardless they are losing money in my estimation....Been playing since early December... They've just been loosing my confidence daily and I don't see it turning around any time soon.
  • Nastynas91
    504 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    A lot of people are saying that f2p players bring nothing to the game. This is false. F2p people are like fibre in a good bowel movement. They add bulk and allow it to pass with ease. Less f2p players causes the game to dry up since that is a large chunk of the community, this leads to constipation. Too many f2p people gives the game diarrhea, bleeding money from the company. You need a nice balance of F2p to have a good game movement. Furthermore, if the prices for crystals and packs were a little bit cheaper like $5-$20 the some f2p might be more inclined to spend a little bit to support the game. As it stands now, you can by a brand new pc/console game for the price of 1 pack in this game. This I find to be a disgusting cash grab tactic.

This. All day.

EA could've easily had me for another $100 if their prices were even remotely reasonable, but they're not so I'll sit on my money.

If EA wants to make this game a boutique game for whales only, good luck with that.

Since the update, their daily revenue has doubled (https://thinkgaming.com/app-sales-data/68737/star-warstm-galaxy-of-heroes/). And that's just on iOS. Not sure they care about your $100.

The stu pidity of people never ceases to amaze me. Game shouldn't be worth more than $10 of your money, and that should unlock 100% content. These freemium games have destroyed the mobile gaming industry.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    This video was all over another major-league mobile game's website after they introduced Town Hall 11 update in December. I'm sad to see we're already here; Galaxy has only been running for what, 6 months?
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    I think every change made since 4/14 is digging a hole. Their way out was to give everyone free stuff. The guilds suck, the raid rewards suck, everything is way overpriced, noname character are stronger than Jedi and sixth, protection is a sham, I can keep going.
  • Tohopka
    97 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I voted no because I have no interest in the guild thing (probably the only one that thinks that) and being walled behind leveling my characters and gearing to raids is a big no to me. As I said in another post some time ago, if I want to raid and stuff I'll do that in one of the MMO's I play. Too me this isnt a MMO and its meant to kill some time during the day.
    It's disheartening seeing the way this game is being played out, I'm not a f2p player but also I'm not a whale. I spend when I feel like it. I still like the game, I just wish the guild invites would stop cause I have no interest in it and seeing the requirements for it actually turns me off.
    This is nothing but a mobile game and I still cringe at those saying no challenge. Mobile games to me are meant to just break up your day is all. The minute someone looks at me whether at work or where ever why I'm cussing at my phone or tablet on why I cant do so and so then it becomes not fun and a distraction.
  • Options
    If they could create some kind of internal economic system that might get interesting...hell just bringing back the selling option would at least be the tiniest shot in the arm....come to think of it, considering how little that really amounted to, how chinsy a move was that on their part...seriously.
  • MrJx3
    257 posts Member
    Options
    This game is catering more and more to the whales. This game has so much freaking potential, and I could go on and on about how good this game could be, but it's going in the wrong direction. The reward system for the guilds is a clear example. It shows that either the game doesn't go through necessary testing before releasing an update, updates aren't thought out well at all, or the system was made on purpose to serve that "top 1%" of spenders, which is in my opinion, the worst option. Serving that demographic will not only alienate the vast majority of players, it will damage the reputation even more and will do no good. It's much better to serve the casual players and enhance the experience of those wanting to spend than to serve the ones who want to spend and force the casuals to pay as well for a better experience. I will say again, this game has so much potential, and I loved playing this game from January to mid April. But it's at a point where I can't even take this game seriously, and even if they do make this game more fair (which I hope they do), it won't be the same.
  • Options
    There are so many whingy hard done by people in the world it's amazing. This game is great, I'm a f2p player, I do well because I grind.
  • Options
    Raid Gameplay is excellent, kudos to CG for a job well done.

Sadly this is outweighed by:
    • unobtainable gear and related precrafting issues
    • raid rewards
    • tiered guild reward system
    • many outstanding character balance issues

Won't stop me playing though, not yet anyway. But really hoping for some kind of solution to the above problems.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Options
    I said yes; if it stinks for me it stinks for most.
  • Pyramidshawn
    871 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    The game was too easy. It is much more fun now that battles are somewhat competitive. I spend $5 to $10 a month. Galactic War gets better with each update. #metagame #sst

I think our demographic will suffer the most because there is nothing great that sets you apart from the F2P with that kind of budget.
  • Options
    It's not perfect, but I'm having fun, and for me, that's all that matters.
    "They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Naturally they became heroes." ~ Leia Organa
  • StarSon
    7441 posts Member
    Options
    Nastynas91 wrote: »

This. All day.

The stu pidity of people never ceases to amaze me. Game shouldn't be worth more than $10 of your money, and that should unlock 100% content. These freemium games have destroyed the mobile gaming industry.

Freemium didn't even start on mobile. Been around a very long time.

Also, be more open minded. What you consider to be a waste of money will not be considered so by other people.

Haven't watched the video, but not sure I agree that the freemium model is broken. Here especially it is easy to compete as a completely F2P. Not real sure about other games.
  • Royce
    83 posts Member
    Options
    Their money grabbing strategy is so obvious. at least make a better marketing strategy. A win-win perhaps? I realized they're taking advantage of the cult that the movie/brand has created. So I hope people won't fall for it. But hey as long as you have money to burn then why not right?
    In-game name: Royce. Ally code: 844-142-988
  • Options
    I personally think the game is terrible now. It caters mainly to P2P only. Don't get me wrong, I have spent quite a bit on this game, but now I am starting to regret that because I feel as if I will be quitting soon. I started a guild, was glitched out of it, got put back in guild, started raid, then the raid was reset and starting back at 100% health. This update ruined the game.
  • Options
    "I think our demographic will suffer the most"

Suffer?! I love this environment. My solution to the guild "problem" is 10 members over lvl 70 and 35 members under 50. We take the glory, and they get 10 high lvl allies from whom they can borrow every day.

Is this a nontraditional guild structure? Absolutely! I say shake out more gaming tropes and keep giving us fresh challenges.

I am here to win imaginary battles with skill, not collect imaginary trinkets mindlessly..