The ultimate PvP team..

Prev1
Skye
795 posts Member
With the way defense teams get a speed advantage over the attacker, this team is probably one of the hardest you will face under current circumstances... certainly in the Arena anyway

Sidious
Poe
Phasma (leader)
Luminara Or Kylo ren
FOTP

Why this team is hard to beat? It works off the fact that the defense team will always act first when there is a tie in speed. I.e Even if your Sidious is the same speed as the opponent. The defense teams one will act first

The AI tends to open up with AOEs and taunts very early.. and this is what makes this team deadly

Sidious will more than likely use his AOE attack first. He will only use his single attack if it can kill one member of your team outright (e.g. a very low level character). This first attack isn't what should worry you.. It's what follows next... (if you don't have Leia or Sidious on your team)

Poe is the joint fourth fastest acting character in the current meta... Without buffs only Sidious, Leia and Dooku will move before him. The AI will usually use taunt... This is the start of when things get messy. His taunt will put expose on a lot of your characters, thus the very next attack on them will remove 20% of their health.. In addition this taunt will remove 15% of your turn meter on ALL your team. This will mean if you also have a Poe, he will not act before the Enemy Phasma will...

Phasma will now open up with her AOE, this has a chance to put speed down debuff on your team... As you can see, most of your team will have been delayed significantly. And her AOE though weak on it's own, combined with Poe's taunt expose move, it becomes quite deadly.. If you have any glass cannons on your team, in most likelihood someone is going to be below 50% health (i'll get to the significance later if you don't already know). Bear in mind when Phasma attacks she has a good 36% chance to call in someone on this attack, if it calls the FOTP you will lose one of your team

If you got a couple of characters who haven't been speeded downed, you maybe able to pull off a few attacks on Poe, you may defeat him, you may not depends how lucky you are with criticals.. The important thing is you won't be able to target either this team's Luminara or FOTP directly...

Either way by the time the teams Luminara acts, if you are lucky she will heal her team, if not, she will use her force blast which will mean someone on your team goes below 50% health...

Why the 50% health is important is cause of the FOTP, when any of your team drops below 50% health, the FOTP gains advantage and gives himself a huge chance on critical and procing his double tap... If this guy is remotely levelled and up geared. He will do upwards of two 5k hits on double tap. If you're very unlucky you will be hit three times... This will certainly guarantee you will lose at least one more of your team. Again being first order, Phasma's ability gives him a 36% chance to call in assistence... Pretty much anyone from this team will more or less ensure the target is defeated

By the time this team has done one round of attacks, you could have easily lost two if not more of your team especially if they are not very tanky characters...

The problem with Tanky characters is they don't have huge damage output... thus you may run out of time defeating this team.

Having spent time looking at what might defeat this team... MOst will recognise the FOTP is the real danger in this team and he is protected by Poe's taunt. Although Poe probably won't survive two rounds of his taunt, it does mean it gives the FOTP enough time to defeat at least two of your team... Also with Phasma as a leader, any member has a chance to proc the FOTP attacking... Thus if you are really unlucky you could have lost three or four members of your team by the time the first round of attacks are complete

There's very little you can do to the FOTP before Poe taunts. Unless you get very lucky with a Dooku stun. there is no way for you to reliably stop Poe's taunt. Although Leia can attack upto three times on her basic, she doesn't really become strong until she goes into stealth... and she is not a character people can easily obtain.

The other option with dealing with this team is a Qui-Gon Jinn lead team... With his leadership ability at lvl 6, he will be able to make himself, Anakin, Luminara, and Aalya all act before this team's Poe does... I'm not sure how efficent this team would be at defeating the FOTP before Poe taunts, as Luminara can hit around 5k on a critical on her force blast, both Aalya and QGJ can summon allies on one of their attacks each.. but is it enough to take off 10k health from a 7* gear 8 FOTP?

Although I have defeat this team before, it depended a lot on the FOTP not procing his double tap in the first turn, cause the moment he takes out at least one of your team, you are in more of a disadvantage...

Poe's taunt probably just does one too many things... and given his exceptionally fast speed, it turns the battle in the defenses favor very heavily very early. And unfortunately doesn't leave many options to deal with this particular team.

Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!

Replies

• Options
    If your Dooku stuns his Poe or Pilot also if your Poe taunts before his, this team is very beatable.

Hate to see you devoted so much time on this man, but this team is not even the best build for its kind.

• Options
    Your team is beaten by,

QCJ (lead)
    Leia
    Aayla
    Poe
    Ben and this will be effective 100% of the time if you want to it to be riskier you could replace Aayla with FOTP. Kill Poe with QCJ/Leia/Aayla taunt with Poe, ability block with Ben and then press autoplay.
  • Options
    I agree. its a super mean team. ive fought something very similar. And that tie pilot hits 2-3 times and chances are he gets 1 ally assist from the phasma leader ability and that is an insta wipe on whoever he attacked XD. Its just such a pain to star up the tie pilot that very few people will have anything above a 4 star tie pilot without putting in cash. And that is def beatable from higher stared characters.
  • Mizo
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Replace Sid with QGJ and would be better Sid doesn't have enough HP or damage to be on Ultimate team.
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Options
    I've been fighting this team lots on my server it's good but a droid team with Poe is better
  • meanpride
    90 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    If your Dooku stuns his Poe or Pilot also if your Poe taunts before his, this team is very beatable.

Hate to see you devoted so much time on this man, but this team is not even the best build for its kind.

Poe has like 95% tenacity (including his unique). Landing any kind of condition on him is close to impossible
  • Metschina123
    361 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    This game stat and actual performance are very different. My Poe gets stunned very often.

On the other hand, pilot has a very low tenacity, yet it's very hard to stun him. I tried many times believe me.

I wish they fix it.

It's very misleading and annoying
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    Mizo wrote: »
    Replace Sid with QGJ and would be better Sid doesn't have enough HP or damage to be on Ultimate team.

It's not the damage or HP the reason why Sidious is there...

Phasma's leadership ability combined with Sidious' healing immunity. It means even if her leadership procs you either get killed by FOTP or have healing immunity dumped on you or have your offense down pushed down because of Poe's offense debuff if he hits someone already with a negative effect..

Because sidious often opens up with an AOE, the chances are you are already going to have a negative effect on you...

You can't just look at a team and think just damage and health... This is why this team can be very deadly

This team isn't a guaranteed win all the time, but it is one which is heavily stacked in the defenses favor if it acts first
    Heronmar wrote: »
    Your team is beaten by,

QCJ (lead)
    Leia
    Aayla
    Poe
    Ben and this will be effective 100% of the time if you want to it to be riskier you could replace Aayla with FOTP. Kill Poe with QCJ/Leia/Aayla taunt with Poe, ability block with Ben and then press autoplay.

I actually state that in the original post, the only thing that comes close to making sure you win is QGJ lead team because he speeds up a lot of Jedi and thus the few jedi I mention can act before Poe, thus taking out the FOTP before Poe taunts... However the problem with the team you suggest is many of those characters can not be farmed.

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options

Dude, it's a challenge I happily accept... so don't worry about me spending time or too much time working this team out... :p I'm aggressive like that :)

The only thing I don't like about using Dooku is the randomness of the stun. It's not a guaranteed stun and the chances are lower on Poe because he isn't a Jedi, Dooku works wonders against Jedi but is only so so against anything else.

That's why I like the QGJ team more, as that is a more guaranteed way of success against this particular team... The only thing I kinda need to work out is whether a more tankier but slower team has enough HP and damage to take out the group... Thing is the longer the FOTP stays up, a team heal is not going to keep up with his damage output combined with everything else from this team..

• Options
    Skye wrote: »

Dude, it's a challenge I happily accept... so don't worry about me spending time or too much time working this team out... :p I'm aggressive like that :)

The only thing I don't like about using Dooku is the randomness of the stun. It's not a guaranteed stun and the chances are lower on Poe because he isn't a Jedi, Dooku works wonders against Jedi but is only so so against anything else.

That's why I like the QGJ team more, as that is a more guaranteed way of success against this particular team... The only thing I kinda need to work out is whether a more tankier but slower team has enough HP and damage to take out the group... Thing is the longer the FOTP stays up, a team heal is not going to keep up with his damage output combined with everything else from this team..

QGJ team is very expensive, but if you don't have a problem with it, I support you 100%

Dooku's stun is random but I found that with him on the team my Poe taunts first, could be a coincidence, but it works great for me. So I can't complain.

I am working on an alternative as well trying to counter the Poe+ glass canons. It's going to take a while though

• Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options

QGJ team is very expensive, but if you don't have a problem with it, I support you 100%

Dooku's stun is random but I found that with him on the team my Poe taunts first, could be a coincidence, but it works great for me. So I can't complain.

I am working on an alternative as well trying to counter the Poe+ glass canons. It's going to take a while though

That's the thing that irritates me about the QGJ team, the fact you have to spend to get him.. But once you have him, the leadership ability and gear level is what matters, his star rating will only impact his survivablity and damage output... Anakin is farmable but will take a while. Luminara is another which gives you a chance at ability locking Poe but that is risky given his high tenacity, there is no point sticking ability lock on the FOTP as his basic actually has the potential to do more damage.... Both Kit Fisto and Aalya are the only others that will act fast enough with QGJ's leadership against a current maxed geared Poe

I think the issue with Poe is he has way too much in his locker in that one single taunt ability given his rather fast speed. If they want to make him a game changer that's fine, but right now there is very little that can prevent this from happening reliably.. and the only option I have so far is one which requires you to spend....

So I'm thinking conspiracy theories right now! A lot of underhanded ones by the devs... especially the longer they don't give us more options to combat Poe in particular

• Options
    Cap will be raised soon. So anything could happen. I think a lot of characters will gain much health, and current Poe +glass canon builds will not be as effective as they are

I suggest you wait for the update before you change your whole approach. Be patient, friend.
  • Options
    How sure are you that daka does. It attack before Poe?
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    bleeaauuh wrote: »
    How sure are you that daka does. It attack before Poe?

Daka doesn't attack before a max geared Poe... The only people who act before Poe without buffs or leadership speed is Dooku, Leia and Sidious.. in that order.. Poe is tied with Gunray in terms of speed...

Qui-Gon will be faster if he is leading and his base leadership will only make Anakin faster... He needs a couple of levels of his leadership to make Aalya and Luminara faster than Poe

Tarkin as leader will make Veers fast enough to act before Poe, but the empire doesn't have many big single target hitters that fast

• Options
    Full proof then, well done
    Providing dooku dosent get lucky
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options

Not really full proof, as I stated in the original post there is one very specific team that can beat this with moderate reliablity. All other teams depends a little bit on luck unfortunately. A very high health team might work, especially one that can put offense down on the enemy team

• Options
    So maybe a team with old Ben? I have him high star so that could work
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    So maybe a team with old Ben? I have him high star so that could work

High Star Ben doesn't make him go any faster, star rating only affects the three primary stats and calculated stats (e.g. damage, resistances, crit, health etc). it doesn't impact speed from what I have seen only gear makes characters go faster not level or star rank.

In fact a high star rating on Ben is not a good idea.. you actually want the enemy FOTP to take old ben out if you use him, because when he goes down he buffs your team through the roof! So you actually want to keep Old Ben at low star rank. Old ben is the oddity in that to get the most of out him, he's the one you need to develop the LEAST!

Problem is Old ben is quite slow, and after being turn meter removed by Poe and speed downed by Phasma, he will act after the FOTP, and you want to put the offense down before the FOTP acts.

• Options
    Whats the meaning of FOTP? :)
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    Maxooo wrote: »
    Whats the meaning of FOTP? :)

First Order Tie Pilot

• Options
    Skye wrote: »

Not really full proof, as I stated in the original post there is one very specific team that can beat this with moderate reliablity. All other teams depends a little bit on luck unfortunately. A very high health team might work, especially one that can put offense down on the enemy team

QCJ team can beat this 100% team but as you said it is a $$$ team. That being said the other two teams depends on luck such as a Dooku team stunning Poe, or a Poe team that goes before that team.

However that being said, there is another team that may beat it, a Nightsister team but I'm not going to give the whole team as I believe it remains rather undiscovered (the exact combination, not the 'theme' itself)
  • Options
    This team is super easy to beat with this team. Sid/Leia/poe/qui gon/Rey just focus lum usually Leia Rey Sid can kill her 100% before Poe taunts. Your Poe taunts and get subsequently killed by their fotp qui gon removes taunt from their Poe, then you use Rey's special to one shot fotp game over.
  • Options
    FWIW tops on my server is running 7* max gear FOTP, Sid, Qui Gon, Ayala, and Luminari. Sid is the leader.

I'm pretty sure that's one of the best PvP teams you can have in game today. Humbling blow sucks. :)
  • Options
    This team is super easy to beat with this team. Sid/Leia/poe/qui gon/Rey just focus lum usually Leia Rey Sid can kill her 100% before Poe taunts. Your Poe taunts and get subsequently killed by their fotp qui gon removes taunt from their Poe, then you use Rey's special to one shot fotp game over.

You say super easy even though the team is $$$$$$, it depends on your Poe getting the taunt before his. So I'd not say super easy as it entirely relies on who goes first.
  • Options
    I'm currently running 7* max gear: FOTP, Sid, QGJ, Leia, and Kylo (Sid as leader).

@EwokRampage -- It's definitely possible that I haven't encountered a fully starred/geared Rey, but FOTP at max gear and 7* has 12,579 hp. Given the slighly more limited info on Rey that's out there, I'd be really interested to hear if folks have found that Rey puts out that kind of DPS when brought up to higher levels?
  • Options
    Bennet wrote: »
    I'm currently running 7* max gear: FOTP, Sid, QGJ, Leia, and Kylo (Sid as leader).

@EwokRampage -- It's definitely possible that I haven't encountered a fully starred/geared Rey, but FOTP at max gear and 7* has 12,579 hp. Given the slighly more limited info on Rey that's out there, I'd be really interested to hear if folks have found that Rey puts out that kind of DPS when brought up to higher levels?

Are you certain you are not confusing FOTP max health with someone else?

http://www.swgohcantina.com/first-order-tie-pilot lists his max health at 8.3k, if it is indeed 12k you might want to contact them so they can actually fix it. And if he actually has 12.5k hp he needs a nerf bat lol.
  • Options
    it is 12k+ the reason it goes up so high is that going from 6 start to 7 star it actually subtracts from his damage. 6 star actually does way more damage then a maxed 7 star fotp. A maxed out Rey with offense buff can do 12k damage. My rey is 5 stars and has more then one occasion one shot a maxed boba fett who has equal health to 7 star fotp.
  • Options
    Hey ewok is it worth it to upgrade pilot to 7* then? I'm at 20/100 just want to know if it is worth farming the hard missions or not. Also congrats on getting Rey, can't get her to drop for me in packs in all my tries, hopefully I can pull her soon and don't have to use my shards I've been farming to unlock her.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Options
    Does attack power really go down to add health? I didn't know that was possible. If anything the damage would stay the same and health goes up. Can you confirm this?
  • Options
    It does indeed go down. Agility goes down by 1.8 and str goes up by 3.3 going from 6 to 7.