Raid Rewards, look at it

Prev1
So yes RNG on rewards. People complain it is flawed and creates competition for top.

I say that is foolish. My group has done a T6 non stop for a bit, we just did a T7 last night(wow was it ever easy) and we do not compete for prizes for 2 reasons.

1. We are a tight group who are happy for each other.

2. THE BIG ONE. Instead of finding flaw study it, how the rewards ACTUALLY fall for you. With exception of 1 raid I finished top 3 in all. 0 full crafts. Top 3 in T7, no full craft. Look at how they fall. I've noticed in our raids that the large majority of the full crafted gears fall outside the top 25. So the fully crafted gear is more often, in my experience, going to those on the lower half of the leader board. AS IT SHOULD to help them grow. I for 1 would love the full gear, however I am far more happy seeing my teammates that are not as geared up as me or as deep getting the big score to help them grow faster.

This has been my experience in the drops. I'm not sure others and this may not be the norm, but after several raids this is the trend I see. I do not call that flawed, I call that pretty decent actually. Top gets more creds and coins, more TOTAL gear pieces, but sub 20/25 gets a better fully crafted drop. That is not bad at all.

I'd be interested to hear if others see this trend or if it is just me,lol.

Happy Raiding.

Replies

• Options
    We've also seen the heroic drop rate for 40-50 not be all that different from 1-10.

Our luckiest guy (2 droid callers, 1 scanner, 1 design tech) places almost dead last very raid.

See to me that is good. It helps the ones who need development.

Thank you for sharing.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Top of our guild got a full raid gear peace last time, and I saw another #1 with a droid caller posted here. They just fall wherever. The devs aren't purposely rewarding people with **** rosters.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    No, what you are experiencing is RNG. Full crafted gear will always be more prevalent in top 3 places. Just because it hasn't happened to you, that doesn't matter. You should keep score of top 3 vs top 10-20 or something. Not top 3 vs whole guild. Plus you get more credits, coins and parts. So to sum up the raids are tailored for whales and are completely unfair for the rest of the player pool and they need to be changed.
  • Onetime7979
    1012 posts Member
    Options
    They should make top 10 Rewards better chance not Make the other 40 get less Rewards it Takes long enough to gear up.
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    You aren't forced to compete with whales. You could create a purely or mostly F2P guild with a bit of effort. This forum and the ability to view rosters at swgoh.gg makes it possible.

P.S. I'm not in favor of the idea of "competing" within guilds at all, but that is the present reality.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Surprise! It's a business AND a game.

They are going to try to make money, and why not reward those that keep the lights on?
  • Options
    I'm an FTP and i find it hard that even in a guild we have to compete just to get the highest reward, can't it be just the same amount of credits for everyone but different RNG for gears?
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    I'm an FTP and i find it hard that even in a guild we have to compete just to get the highest reward, can't it be just the same amount of credits for everyone but different RNG for gears?

Maybe we could try it out for a month first?
  • Onetime7979
    1012 posts Member
    Options
    also for every 1-2 people you are saying are getting Droid callers from 10-40

There is 38 other people who don't.
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    No, what you are experiencing is RNG. Full crafted gear will always be more prevalent in top 3 places. Just because it hasn't happened to you, that doesn't matter. You should keep score of top 3 vs top 10-20 or something. Not top 3 vs whole guild. Plus you get more credits, coins and parts. So to sum up the raids are tailored for whales and are completely unfair for the rest of the player pool and they need to be changed.

Always in top 3? I've been there every raid but 1 and have not. In fact in all our raids top 3 got 1 fully crafted 1 time. So I'll say back to you, just because it happened to.

I have, but you are so dead set in you hatting on the Devs you failed to read that part. My post was not about top 3 vs 10-20 my post was about top 3 vs sub 20. I also, had you read before hating, acknowledged the coins and creds. I was speaking of gear.

Thank you for sharing though.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options
    Speaking of Raid rewards

https://youtu.be/vILXGsdW8e8
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Options
    Did you just try to recruit people to a guild in the middle of someone else's thread?

I'm sure that'll be popular.
  • Options
    All this compete for prizes talk. I guess I feel extra blessed I'm with such a great group. We see another score big we are happy and cheer them on. We don't try to knock each other off to better ourselves. The deeper rosters(we are whale to F2P) volunteered to hit the harder to damage points to open the door(or close it really talking phase 2,3) for those not as deep to maximize their damage. Been up top all but 1 raid that I worked most of, 0 full pieces. I'm good with that as long as others get them that need them more than I do.
  • Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    Did you just try to recruit people to a guild in the middle of someone else's thread?

I'm sure that'll be popular.

LOL It's all good.
  • Options
    Smithie wrote: »
    Speaking of Raid rewards

Good luck to you mate.
  • SlyKrysis
    101 posts Member
    Options
    Speaking of Raid rewards

I know it's probably not a big deal, but if I were trying to recruit people for a "top" guild, I would make sure to spell and use grammar correctly in a public Youtube video.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Oh Sly, you went there.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Skammadix
    207 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    SlyKrysis wrote: »
    Speaking of Raid rewards

I know it's probably not a big deal, but if I were trying to recruit people for a "top" guild, I would make sure to spell and use grammar correctly in a public Youtube video.

And make sure the audio didn't sound like it was coming through a pair of tin cans connected by rope.

Also, I'm in DMS's guild. I've gotten 3 full crafts and I finish middle of the pack.
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    Options
    In our last T6, one of our members in the mid 20s got a fully crafted furnace
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Always in top 3? I've been there every raid but 1 and have not. In fact in all our raids top 3 got 1 fully crafted 1 time. So I'll say back to you, just because it happened to.

I have, but you are so dead set in you hatting on the Devs you failed to read that part. My post was not about top 3 vs 10-20 my post was about top 3 vs sub 20. I also, had you read before hating, acknowledged the coins and creds. I was speaking of gear.

I don't hate the devs, hate is a powerful word. I generally like what they are doing with the game with a few exceptions. But this raid reward system, yea...i hate. First off you are comparing 3 people to an entire 30 people. But that's not even the real issue here...because full pieces are rare already and only those lucky enough get it. The real issue is that top 3 get parts for the unobtainable gear at an alarming rate, and the rest of the guild are basically playing catch up. And they will catch up and reach the whales damage potential in a raid, when those who place top 3 will leave the game. You understand?

And of course, i understand why you agree with this system, after all you place in top 3 all the time! So what's not to like? Right? You're completely objective about this whole thing. /sarcasm end

The devs created huge disparity not only in arena but in raids, because of gear in shipments first of all, so they need to equalize the rewards for everybody and end this continuous charade of sniping and people playing 3 times and getting 15 fights instead of 10. This could all be solved with raid rewards equalization. IF that means taking out the 1% chance you get a full item from the raid, so be it!

Forgot to say, thanks for sharing tho, cool story tho!
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options

I don't hate the devs, hate is a powerful word. I generally like what they are doing with the game with a few exceptions. But this raid reward system, yea...i hate. First off you are comparing 3 people to an entire 30 people. But that's not even the real issue here...because full pieces are rare already and only those lucky enough get it. The real issue is that top 3 get parts for the unobtainable gear at an alarming rate, and the rest of the guild are basically playing catch up. And they will catch up and reach the whales damage potential in a raid, when those who place top 3 will leave the game. You understand?

And of course, i understand why you agree with this system, after all you place in top 3 all the time! So what's not to like? Right? You're completely objective about this whole thing. /sarcasm end

The devs created huge disparity not only in arena but in raids, because of gear in shipments first of all, so they need to equalize the rewards for everybody and end this continuous charade of sniping and people playing 3 times and getting 15 fights instead of 10. This could all be solved with raid rewards equalization. IF that means taking out the 1% chance you get a full item from the raid, so be it!

Some might see this as a personal challenge to place better in raids.
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    Options
    This is purely my belief in the raid rewards and I have no proof to back up what I say here as it's really just what I think.

Everyone gets atleast 2 boxes from raids. 1. Is the ranking box, where ever piece is crap, 2. Is the box everyone gets for doing the raid.

It the #2 box that is dropping the raid only gear and fully crafted pieces. I believe it's pure RNG on getting a complete pice from this. This is the box that is being lucky to some, while laughing at others ( like me ).

But I seem to have my luck in shipments, not raid gear ( DMS knows what I'm talking about)
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Timitock wrote: »

For sure, opening up the wallets is the challenge expected the most by the makers!
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    Options

Forgot to say, thanks for sharing tho, cool story tho!

Well so much for me being nice..........

You don't know DMS so ****. You have no idea how he runs his guild. Guess what he did a whole 1 attack in last raid and in 1st phase and stopped. Why to make sure others got to attack the raid. He even put a freeze on attacking the boss at phase 3 until every member got atleast 1 attack in on the boss. All our whales only got to hit twice. To give everyone a shot at it

Guess who was one of the ones mostly hurt by this course of action? Yup DMS himself. So go on. Keep saying he is all for it as he is getting ahead of everyone else, while he actually hurts his rewards more than anyone else, trying to make sure the whole guild gets gear.

You completly miss the point of his post because you want everything handed to you for nothing.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options

For sure, opening up the wallets is the challenge expected the most by the makers!

That is most certainly an option, but not the only one.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    It is you who are missing the point here. Ok that's nice, everyone got to attack once. That's what all guilds do btw, so tone down on the praising. How many f2p you have in your guild? How many of them placed in top 10 when that one attack ended? How many f2p in top 3?
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    I am not coming down on whales or on DMS believe it or not. They are just doing their thing which they are allowed to do, nothing wrong with that. The system is the one that's flawed beyond belief and it makes you wonder who could come up with something so atrocious like this?
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

That is most certainly an option, but not the only one.

For sure...you can also go to the bank, no wallet needed there. Gift certificates...plenty of options. I agree that tier 7 was designed a bit for f2p, so they could have a shot to compete eventually alongside whales when everybody reaches the same gear. But that will happen only when the guild coordinates really well and a long time from now. By coordinate i mean take pity on you to do one attack instead of the endless ones they could actually do. But for now...equality is nowhere in sight.

Not to mention there will probably be another level cap and another gear level. It will come just when you are close to catching up to the gear level on your mates.
  • aGlint
    54 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    What point are you trying to make? Why should a f2p place in top 3 or even top 10 if there are paying folks with stronger team? Why should there be equality?

Edit: Speaking of the system as a whole. A fair guild can limit attacks to spread the wealth.