Why I believe Condoning Guild Hopping is bad for the long-term health of the game

Replies

• Options
    I just posted a poll, seems it got deleted...?
  • AceCV
    998 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think that the higher entities of the forum want a poll about this matter.....like i said before....already created one very simple and objective....they put it in the "dark side" of the forum (feedback - guilds)...far far away from the eyes of everyone.

This is starting to look like "Hopping Gate"....i simply don't get the racional behond this behavior.
  • Options
    The higher entities are obviously guild hoppers.
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    <Language>
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    EM650 wrote: »
    How about a poll?

1. Leave it as is, 2. Attach guild credits to individual accounts so if they leave guild the coins go with the account, 3. Raise/eliminate cap of guild daily contribution credit, 4. Install cooldown timer on accounts for ability to participate in raid, 5. Install a cooldown timer before anyone can reenter a guild they previously left., etc

I like it but too many options. I would go simply
    1- adjust current construct with consideration of your suggestions above.....
    2- all good
  • Options
    .. or you could use one of the other polls on the subject. :| .
  • Options
    The horse has been killed, Daka ressed it, it was killed again, Daka passive ressed it, killed again, EE revived on heal, killed again, power of forest revived it, and yet again this horse has been killed. Let it die :)
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    The horse has been killed, Daka ressed it, it was killed again, Daka passive ressed it, killed again, EE revived on heal, killed again, power of forest revived it, and yet again this horse has been killed. Let it die :)

It's like having to kill Boba Fett 8 times in arena.
  • Arijit
    510 posts Member
    Options
    If both the TI guilds had different names, we would have known how much guild hopping is going on. I do agree that calling out a particular guild is not right, and rightly I feel bad doing that but why:

1. Thier two guilds have thesame name?
    2. We could not chance our guild name but they could?
    3. What is the ulterior motive of having same guild name for their 2 guilds? So that players of a particular guild in different servers doing guild hoping does not get noticed by the other players? They can basically get double rewards with a very less effort?

Waiting for a genuine answer, rather than being censored.
  • Options
    Maybe theres a valid reason for that.
  • Options
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    The only reason they dont consider it cheating is because several cg employees are in elite guilds and practice it themselves.

They make the arguement that players "earn" rewards, but the truth of the matter is the guilds don't earn the rewards, therefore the guild members are receiving unearned rewards.

It's an exploit. Plain and simple.
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I really dont know what to say, the objection is being swept under the carpet. It is the only thing keeping instinct from disbanding right now so who knows. When they all go their own seperate ways to get better rewards maybe CG will put a stop to it.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    Arijit wrote: »
    If both the TI guilds had different names, we would have known how much guild hopping is going on. I do agree that calling out a particular guild is not right, and rightly I feel bad doing that but why:

3. What is the ulterior motive of having same guild name for their 2 guilds? So that players of a particular guild in different servers doing guild hoping does not get noticed by the other players? They can basically get double rewards with a very less effort?

Because we function as one guild. We wanted to show that in our names. We don't want to give off the impression of a "good guild" and a "B Team" guild and we want you to simply see "Team Instinct" when you load up the leaderboard.

Other guilds have varying names differentiating their playstyles or strengths and you'll hear people make small chatter comments like "Oh you have our guilds mixed up, it's not the STRONG guild but our B team guild, sorry for any confusion"

We have two A teams. We're one guild. We're Team Instinct. Pick a side, it doesn't matter - we don't have strong and weak, we have left and right. This is what works for us.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options

I agree but posts and polls tend to get merged and moved into other subtopics. Can we do one here? Why don't you create it?
  • Spartamaj
    259 posts Member
    Options
    Naecabon wrote: »

Because we function as one guild. We wanted to show that in our names. We don't want to give off the impression of a "good guild" and a "B Team" guild and we want you to simply see "Team Instinct" when you load up the leaderboard.

Other guilds have varying names differentiating their playstyles or strengths and you'll hear people make small chatter comments like "Oh you have our guilds mixed up, it's not the STRONG guild but our B team guild, sorry for any confusion"

We have two A teams. We're one guild. We're Team Instinct. Pick a side, it doesn't matter - we don't have strong and weak, we have left and right. This is what works for us.

Oh man, you are so full of it! Do you really believe what you say?
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    Options
    Not being rude or pointing out the obvious but the guild cap is 50. Why not ask them to raise it for you naecbon? Not much to ask surely.
  • Spartamaj
    259 posts Member
    Options

Can we have the poll move to the general section so peoplecan see it? Feedback section is oblivion land.
  • mel
    127 posts Member
    Options

Haha. What a load of ****
  • Options
    Veritasum wrote: »
    Oh good, another thread with I'm just sayin about guild hopping. The truth of the matter is the vast majority of you if not all posting in here will never be affected by guild hopping at all. None of you were gonna get Han first (or most). I say, let them eat cake. And the rest of us can eat some bread. Not a big deal.

You obviously don't understand why this is bad. I could care less about Han shards. I care about Gear. People who guild jump and then come right back in will get gear quicker and easier not to mention credits. Not naming names or guilds but there are far too many people that have progressed on my server than should be possible. I'm talking guys who were gear 7 are now gear 11 for most characters. I'm not free to play. I'm no whale, but I've spent a butt load of money on this game and one person in particular has zero premium toons, has a weak roster but the toons he does have at max gear.

I can't compete with him any longer and I used to mop the floor with his team

To be honest I want guild jumping to continue now. If it stops now we have another precrafter situation where we are behind.

• GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    Options
    Then you could do a heroic everyday, and we could too.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    Spartamaj wrote: »

Oh man, you are so full of it! Do you really believe what you say?

...I'm not sure what the other option is? Why else would we name ourselves the same name?

We've said several times before that until they announced it yesterday, we've never bothered guild hopping... we've never had to. I mean, in a way this is common sense - you guys realize if we guild hopped we would have had Han Solo unlocked 7-10 days ago, right?
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'm talking guys who were gear 7 are now gear 11 for most characters.

NO one has GXI on "most characters." At best it's like 6-8, and that's AT BEST. Good luck finding many rosters with much more than 8+ GXI. Our whaliest whaley whales are still at only 5 to 8 tops atm.
  • Options
    I've only been playing a few months - and I now, for the first time, fear for the future of this game and if it can be fixed. The most important thing for the devs is balance, and keeping an even playing field. If that's not maintained, or the perception of a fair game is lost, then the game is lost.

If guild hopping is not stopped immediately, and allowed to continue, this game will die. Sure, those who guild hop will stick around, but I doubt the majority of players want to invest the time and energy to do that. Those that don't want to, will see the gap between the haves and have-not's keep growing, and give up. You don't keep a game going that way.

The clock is ticking....
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    So do you think its fair to hop guilds then nae to do a heroic a day? Thats whats being discussed.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/433589#Comment_433589
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Spartamaj wrote: »

Can we have the poll move to the general section so peoplecan see it? Feedback section is oblivion land.

That seems to be the intent
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    So do you think its fair to hop guilds then nae to do a heroic a day? Thats whats being discussed.

I've been actively engaged on this topic for the last couple of days and the amount of blind accusations and unnecessary hostility drove me away from paying much attention to it any more. It's grown weary watching people with little understanding of the circumstances surrounding why this topic even came in to the light so quickly in the first place take extremely condescending stances against it.

Do I think it's fair? Define fair. Do I think it's fair in that everyone has the ability to do it? Sure, I do. Do I think anyone that calls anything in gaming "cheap" is a gaming scrub and not a competitive player? Yup, absolutely do. Do I think CG is making a mistake in closing this current iteration shortly after it became so widely known, allowing those that have been attempting it before all of us the opportunity to run off with extra loot new guilds that would now attempt would not then be able to acquire? Yup, sure do.

Now ask me... do I think this is how the game should have been designed in the first place? No, probably not. It's obviously not the best system, and this obviously leads to really... weird ways of playing it. But that's in no way an unfair way to play the game, just a different one than we're accustomed to. We just need to adapt, at least for the time being.

The point is, there are two ways to argue about this topic - one way is to argue about it as if it's a discussion about morality and ethics, and another to argue about it as if it's a discussion about game design and what they should do to possibly change the system in the future. The latter I'm all about, I think it's healthy to discuss if this should change and be different in the future and how they could go about doing that. But the morality/ethics part? I don't care. I play games however they can be played if it's legit and the best method. I don't care what some think is "cheap." Usually those people are not competitive gamers and their opinion means very little to me.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hm. Interesting. But it mirrors cg_nraj to a fault. Hopefully the rest come back from their vacations soon.

• Options

I've been actively engaged on this topic for the last couple of days and the amount of blind accusations and unnecessary hostility drove me away from paying much attention to it any more. It's grown weary watching people with little understanding of the circumstances surrounding why this topic even came in to the light so quickly in the first place take extremely condescending stances against it.

Do I think it's fair? Define fair. Do I think it's fair in that everyone has the ability to do it? Sure, I do. Do I think anyone that calls anything in gaming "cheap" is a gaming scrub and not a competitive player? Yup, absolutely do. Do I think CG is making a mistake in closing this current iteration shortly after it became so widely known, allowing those that have been attempting it before all of us the opportunity to run off with extra loot new guilds that would now attempt would not then be able to acquire? Yup, sure do.

Now ask me... do I think this is how the game should have been designed in the first place? No, probably not. It's obviously not the best system, and this obviously leads to really... weird ways of playing it. But that's in no way an unfair way to play the game, just a different one than we're accustomed to. We just need to adapt, at least for the time being.

The point is, there are two ways to argue about this topic - one way is to argue about it as if it's a discussion about morality and ethics, and another to argue about it as if it's a discussion about game design and what they should do to possibly change the system in the future. The latter I'm all about, I think it's healthy to discuss if this should change and be different in the future and how they could go about doing that. But the morality/ethics part? I don't care. I play games however they can be played if it's legit and the best method. I don't care what some think is "cheap." Usually those people are not competitive gamers and their opinion means very little to me.

The minute the devs came in and stated it's an acceptable practice, the discussion of if it's fair/cheating stopped. It's not.

But it's horrible game design, and if allowed to continue will destroy this game, I'm 100% convinced. The amount of time and effort it would take to keep up with guild hoppers would be more than 90% of the players of this game would be willing to do. I'm certain of that.

I'm in a strong guild of active players, Not the top, but a good, strong group. We all universally love to play this game. These circumstances have already started discussions that could lead to the dissolving of our group. Some are willing to put in the time and effort to guild hop, most are not. I'd bet we're not the only guild.
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    Options
    @Naecabon Hi Nae, i'm happy you're here and what you said in this topic is uncontestable so far.
    I understand that you probably joined here because faintly veiled accuses were pointed to your team, and you responded clearly and politely. What i'd really appreciate, is if you could share your opinion about guild hopping, would you?
    Res non verba
This discussion has been closed.