Heroic guild recommendations- AKA why my guild and raid experience is awesome

Prev134
LordAlvert
1193 posts Member
1) Do not just Zerg the heroic. Organize guys and take turns. Be on a guild that doesn't Zerg heroic.

2) Break your guild apart when you have 5 good phase one teams and more than 6-7 whales of squads with 40 plus seven stars. You get double the rewards for the top squads and double the Han shards. Not worth it to have 35 seven stars and be out of the top 10. I would immediately leave any guild like that. Why pay to lose? Top 10 rewards much better after that steep drop off.

3) Look for excellent guild leaders that have the whole guild in control and people are organized and fair.

4) Line or better yet discord is absolutely critical.

5) Guys really should be having fun. Great comraderie is essential.

6) Key to above is all the guys happy with their spots. Like a basketball team.

7) Friendly to your timezone. Our smart leaders set up a European guild to help the USA players. Brilliant.

8) Thank you so much EA and CG for making this awesome system. I haven't been happier. I bought maxed B2 today don't spend all my money in one place.

DM me if you have any questions. Also post here if you are having a great guild experience and have more recommendations.

Replies

• Options
    LordAlvert wrote: »
    1) Do not just Zerg the heroic. Organize guys and take turns. Be on a guild that doesn't Zerg heroic.

2) Break your guild apart when you have 5 good phase one teams and more than 6-7 whales of squads with 40 plus seven stars. You get double the rewards for the top squads and double the Han shards. Not worth it to have 35 seven stars and be out of the top 10. I would immediately leave any guild like that. Why pay to lose? Top 10 rewards much better after that steep drop off.

3) Look for excellent guild leaders that have the whole guild in control and people are organized and fair.

4) Line or better yet discord is absolutely critical.

5) Guys really should be having fun. Great comraderie is essential.

6) Key to above is all the guys happy with their spots. Like a basketball team.

7) Friendly to your timezone. Our smart leaders set up a European guild to help the USA players. Brilliant.

8) Thank you so much EA and CG for making this awesome system. I haven't been happier. I bought maxed B2 today don't spend all my money in one place.

DM me if you have any questions. Also post here if you are having a great guild experience and have more recommendations.
    Thanks @LordAlvert it means a lot. :)
  • Harmonica
    541 posts Member
    Options
    I <3 my guild too.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    Options
    Thought I would tag @CG_JohnSalera and @EA_Jesse so they both know tons tons tons of us are really enjoying what they built.

Thanks for being so quick w fixing the awards like day after first heroic clear!!!
  • Slewfoot
    910 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    You must be in some super awesome guild that doesnt have a bunch of pretentious dudes that spent 5000 bucks a pop to get 48th place and one han solo shard at a time

This comment was edited to conform to Forum Guidelines
    Post edited by ObbyEcho on
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    Dang I wish I was in a guild like this...;)
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Branmark wrote: »
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    You must be in some super awesome guild that doesnt have a bunch of pretentious aholes that spent 5000 bucks a pop to get 48th place and one han solo shard at a time

I love my guild because they are pretentious dudes.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post edited by Naecabon on
  • _Wong64
    233 posts Member
    Options
    Organization is the key . Dont bash those that spend it is what keeps the game going
  • Options
    benacrow wrote: »
    Dang I wish I was in a guild like this...;)
    You must be in some super awesome guild that doesnt have a bunch of pretentious aholes that spent 5000 bucks a pop to get 48th place and one han solo shard at a time
    Haha. Well said guys.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Branmark wrote: »

I love my guild because they are pretentious aholes.

You and me both!
  • Options
    Great post @LordAlvert excellent points.
  • Options
    This post reeks of awesomeness!
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    This post reeks of awesomeness!

Thanks man! It also has hints of excellence, with a subtle touch of heroism, undertones of radicalness, slight flavor of cool dudes, bouquet of sweetness, strong senses of intelligence, brief moments of game-theory, finishing with a giant dosage of winning this game and playing it smart.

I was so bored of the self-congratulatory "first in my shard and F2p" so I made a new type of self-congratulatory thread.

Bottom line: intended to help others. Inspired when I read a rant about raids and complaining. This thread is the single most important reason i still like this game. And I hope others will find this. To those who chose to heed my above advice I gave: way to wake up to the obvious.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Here is a recommendation...how about you fix the raid rewards so that they be equal?
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    Here is a recommendation...how about you fix the raid rewards so that they be equal?

You will wait around forever for that. The designers wanted it to be tiered to make you spend to upgrade within your own guild. It is brilliant. Expect more pay to win toons that work best at the raid.

If you are pay to win... Find a mixed guild ASAP! Spoken as a guy with 100++ Han shards!!! Unlock this week!!!!!!!!

You heard it here first. Next months toon will be a DPSer at the Leia Rey level. Just you watch. If they are smart it will be Chromium exclusive. Remember where you heard it.

@CG_JohnSalera please don't change anything about the raid system. The vast quiet majority love it. Very favorable and fair heroic payouts. Crazy fair. I would say more fair than your second best gift Yoda...
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options

You will wait around forever for that. The designers wanted it to be tiered to make you spend to upgrade within your own guild. It is brilliant. Expect more pay to win toons that work best at the raid.

If you are pay to win... Find a mixed guild ASAP! Spoken as a guy with 100++ Han shards!!! Unlock this week!!!!!!!!

You heard it here first. Next months toon will be a DPSer at the Leia Rey level. Just you watch. If they are smart it will be Chromium exclusive. Remember where you heard it.

@CG_JohnSalera please don't change anything about the raid system. The vast quiet majority love it. Very favorable and fair heroic payouts. Crazy fair. I would say more fair than your second best gift Yoda...

If nothing else, an entertaining read. Thanks for the read and chuckle.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    I overall enjoy the raids, and my guild is great, but I truly hate that we have to spend so much time and effort not in strategy sessions and organization to complete the raid but coming up with artificial systems to draw the raids out to make sure everyone has a chance to get rewards.

All in all I'd be completely happy if I could set raid rewards for my guild to distribute equally to everyone regardless of if they participated or how much damage they did. I should be having to work with my guild to take down the raid... not to NOT take down the raid.
  • Options

I have to disagree with this - the overall structure of the raid is the worst format for a team that I've ever seen.

1. No shows that dropped in coin during the week getting zero is a bad experience that shouldn't be possible. No shows can happen as a raid time may not be good for a certain player at a given time or just there's a RL conflict that comes up unexpectedly. This is feature makes no sense.
    2. The gear / credit / guild coin scale is incredibly too punitive - you need 50 people to bank coin daily to max the rewards, but only roughly 10 of them get non-Han rewards that are meaningful. I think it makes sense to keep the Han scale as is, but the other stuff should be flatter than it is and everyone should get top 10-15 type rewards at least. Otherwise you just don't advance materially.

You recommend finding a mixed guild, but unless you're top 10 it does't matter. Let's peak ahead to the future as time passes. The longer the cap holds, and this cap may hold a bit, the longer ALL players will come in to parity as they accumulate credits / gear / omega skills. Take it to an extreme when after months of raiding, after months of playing at 80, many players will be of the same quality or really darned close. When the talent level is more even across the entire player base this fails because there's nowhere to go to find a weak 40 to support the top 10.

Right now the way this is set up is 40 players on a team work hard to get dribble and 10 guys get to advance. Your solution - keep looking for a guild until you find one that allows you to place top 10 - is a self-serving approach and does nothing to solve the inherent problems in this structure at a TEAM level.

Bottom line is this system does everything possible to break teams apart and it puts a tremendous amount of pressure and time on the guild leaders to make lemonade out of lemons. Any system that would actually push a good player on a team to leave is a bad one. The competition should be guild vs. guild, but this system places guild members against each other for rewards. Sorry bro...but that's a terrible system for a team.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I'm sure there are some whales on great teams that aren't happy getting that rank 50 reward. Someone has to be 50 and get the weak reward. There should be some type of tangible incentive at a team level for team accomplishments. The top 50 guilds should have some type of tiered team-level month-end reward given out that makes everyone say...ok, the better my team does the better I can do over the long-term. This system has no tangible incentive at a team level and all we have is a meaningless leaderboard for the team.
  • Empire_Relic
    392 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

I have to disagree with this - the overall structure of the raid is the worst format for a team that I've ever seen.

1. No shows that dropped in coin during the week getting zero is a bad experience that shouldn't be possible. No shows can happen as a raid time may not be good for a certain player at a given time or just there's a RL conflict that comes up unexpectedly. This is feature makes no sense.
    2. The gear / credit / guild coin scale is incredibly too punitive - you need 50 people to bank coin daily to max the rewards, but only roughly 10 of them get non-Han rewards that are meaningful. I think it makes sense to keep the Han scale as is, but the other stuff should be flatter than it is and everyone should get top 10-15 type rewards at least. Otherwise you just don't advance materially.

You recommend finding a mixed guild, but unless you're top 10 it does't matter. Let's peak ahead to the future as time passes. The longer the cap holds, and this cap may hold a bit, the longer ALL players will come in to parity as they accumulate credits / gear / omega skills. Take it to an extreme when after months of raiding, after months of playing at 80, many players will be of the same quality or really darned close. When the talent level is more even across the entire player base this fails because there's nowhere to go to find a weak 40 to support the top 10.

Right now the way this is set up is 40 players on a team work hard to get dribble and 10 guys get to advance. Your solution - keep looking for a guild until you find one that allows you to place top 10 - is a self-serving approach and does nothing to solve the inherent problems in this structure at a TEAM level.

Bottom line is this system does everything possible to break teams apart and it puts a tremendous amount of pressure and time on the guild leaders to make lemonade out of lemons. Any system that would actually push a good player on a team to leave is a bad one. The competition should be guild vs. guild, but this system places guild members against each other for rewards. Sorry bro...but that's a terrible system for a team.

I completely disagree with you. If you have a guild where everyone knows their expectations and roll, your guild will get along fine. If the guild is breaking apart, I believe it is more of a reflection of those in the guild and not the structure as there are guilds which make it work well. My guild is my favorite part of the game and adds a sense of community that was lacking before.

I think his suggestion of a mixed guild is the key, anyone who spends a ton of money will eventually be frustrated being on the bottom, whereas many FTP may not have as much frustration knowing that they have made the choice not to spend money. @LordAlvert said it best that they have developed the formula to earn money. Before everyone catches the whales, there will be a new raid requiring completely different skills and the whales will be the first to have them leveled and geared, taking their place at the top again. Or as he pointed out, a new aurodium or chromium perfect for the next raid or meta switch.
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Tons of valid points. @JohnnySteelAlpha Keep in mind I say two things 1) don't expect it to change fast it is intelligently designed, not by mistake and 2) how to do best given current flawed system. I grant you it is flawed.

My one place to really disagree is the bottom 40 and equipment. I have so many dudes that are ftp in my guild sitting on 3-4 droid callers they don't need. Full gear drops like crazy in bottom forty and those guys only needs 4-5 of them. My bottom guys are the only ones w plenty of unobtainable gear. Guys have 200 salvage of stuff. The bottom guys just need furnaces cause they don't buy them like p2w.

Keep in mind my entire guild top to bottom has high satisfaction w rewards.

Keep in mind these are the buffed rewards !! Right? This is generous from them. Players are always going to beg for more. But objectively this is the best free stuff (guild store currency for 2 new toons and Rey etc and the credits) we have ever been given.

Agree w @medetec would be awesome to distribute or trade.

• Options

+1
  • Options

I completely disagree with you. If you have a guild where everyone knows their expectations and roll, your guild will get along fine. If the guild is breaking apart, I believe it is more of a reflection of those in the guild and not the structure as there are guilds which make it work well. My guild is my favorite part of the game and adds a sense of community that was lacking before.

I think his suggestion of a mixed guild is the key, anyone who spends a ton of money will eventually be frustrated being on the bottom, whereas many FTP may not have as much frustration knowing that they have made the choice not to spend money. @LordAlvert said it best that they have developed the formula to earn money. Before everyone catches the whales, there will be a new raid requiring completely different skills and the whales will be the first to have them leveled and geared, taking their place at the top again. Or as he pointed out, a new aurodium or chromium perfect for the next raid or meta switch.

I'm not saying his recommendation is wrong on finding a mixed guild - in fact it is correct in this instance - but my point is that is reflective of a bad team setup and thus the format here is bad because you need a team to do well. He's saying find a mixed guild because he knows getting rewards near the bottom is garbage. Therefore, 80% of the team gets garbage.

And on the chromium aspect and adding in raid toons...maybe. Maybe. I don't see anyone claiming TS is great for raids. Wedge? Don't think so. B2? Maybe ok for raids, but looks more PVP. Echo...maybe ok but not great? Rex is a beast - but how long ago was that? Magma was a newer toon that went to chrome first and he's pretty terrible. Sun Fac is an option, but he's not top tier in raids either - there are better options so he's not a must have to score well. Other than Rex and Leia, I think most of the best toons for the raid are completely farmable by a F2P. So based on the past few months of releases, I do not see evidence of this going on at all consistently.
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

I'm not saying his recommendation is wrong on finding a mixed guild - in fact it is correct in this instance - but my point is that is reflective of a bad team setup and thus the format here is bad because you need a team to do well. He's saying find a mixed guild because he knows getting rewards near the bottom is garbage. Therefore, 80% of the team gets garbage.

And on the chromium aspect and adding in raid toons...maybe. Maybe. I don't see anyone claiming TS is great for raids. Wedge? Don't think so. B2? Maybe ok for raids, but looks more PVP. Echo...maybe ok but not great? Rex is a beast - but how long ago was that? Magma was a newer toon that went to chrome first and he's pretty terrible. Sun Fac is an option, but he's not top tier in raids either - there are better options so he's not a must have to score well. Other than Rex and Leia, I think most of the best toons for the raid are completely farmable by a F2P. So based on the past few months of releases, I do not see evidence of this going on at all consistently.

No recent pay toon has been meta for raids. I'm predicting the next will. The only way is dps. Or really high turn meter potency. They have gaffed on which toons would be good for raids (raid mega pack ha ha ha). My prediction is a big dps which is always good to come out next month.

Also agree with @Empire_Relic different raid to force different toons will come.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Just for reference, I'm in Order 66 and we actually have 4 teams, 3 of which are doing T7 raids and killing it fast... and we are enjoying each other's company and all, etc....flowers and cupcakes and all that stuff people are tossing around here ....but this is absolutely an incredibly flawed system that creates a lot of disincentive to actually form a strong team - and based on just team results - keep individuals happy.

@Empire_Relic - regarding people knowing roles, what you're really saying there is that 80% of the people have to be willing to accept a permanent level of little advancement at the benefit of the top 10 players. But, what would stop the middle 20% - the 11-20 guys - from doing the same? Why shouldn't those guys on your team leave to find weaker / greener pastures for themselves? If you really advise of this approach, are you telling your middle guys to go find weaker teams? Or are you okay with the system in place where they continue to fund the top 10 players and get a highly disproportionate reward?

So - see how difficult this is to a team if everyone on your team actually took this approach? I'm sure your 10-25 rank guys could absolutely find a home where they could do T7 raids and be top 10. So by your own advice, those guys should leave your guild now. Do you see how silly this is and how it could be a never ending cycle of people flipping teams?
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @LordAlvert

What is your guilds philosophy for allocating damage? Tap then Zerg later, Zerg, 1 attack each than Zerg?
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    Options
    Just for reference, I'm in Order 66 and we actually have 4 teams, 3 of which are doing T7 raids and killing it fast... and we are enjoying each other's company and all, etc....flowers and cupcakes and all that stuff people are tossing around here ....but this is absolutely an incredibly flawed system that creates a lot of disincentive to actually form a strong team - and based on just team results - keep individuals happy.

@Empire_Relic - regarding people knowing roles, what you're really saying there is that 80% of the people have to be willing to accept a permanent level of little advancement at the benefit of the top 10 players. But, what would stop the middle 20% - the 11-20 guys - from doing the same? Why shouldn't those guys on your team leave to find weaker / greener pastures for themselves? If you really advise of this approach, are you telling your middle guys to go find weaker teams? Or are you okay with the system in place where they continue to fund the top 10 players and get a highly disproportionate reward?

So - see how difficult this is to a team if everyone on your team actually took this approach? I'm sure your 10-25 rank guys could absolutely find a home where they could do T7 raids and be top 10. So by your own advice, those guys should leave your guild now. Do you see how silly this is and how it could be a never ending cycle of people flipping teams?

The guys 10-40 have quickly assembled big damage squads and can put up the top ten numbers. They can see f2p a few weeks from big heroic numbers. They improve the fastest and constantly post PRs by 100000. The whales are stuck at the ceiling.
  • Options

No recent pay toon has been meta for raids. I'm predicting the next will. The only way is dps. Or really high turn meter potency. They have gaffed on which toons would be good for raids (raid mega pack ha ha ha). My prediction is a big dps which is always good to come out next month.

Also agree with @Empire_Relic different raid to force different toons will come.

Even if that's true, there still needs to be some aspect of the raid that actually provides a payoff at a team level and having some tangible benefit for excelling as a team. I think it's sad that the best part of your advice here is that good players should leave their guilds to go find weaker squads so they can place top 10 because 80% of the rewards are garbage. This is a team game - that is a sad statement for the incentive structure of a team. I've just never seen a system that required a team but the individuals of the team received no benefit for the success of the overall team. Individuals that perform above and beyond should be rewarded yes...but to have zero team incentive for a team activity blows my mind.
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Even if that's true, there still needs to be some aspect of the raid that actually provides a payoff at a team level and having some tangible benefit for excelling as a team. I think it's sad that the best part of your advice here is that good players should leave their guilds to go find weaker squads so they can place top 10 because 80% of the rewards are garbage. This is a team game - that is a sad statement for the incentive structure of a team. I've just never seen a system that required a team but the individuals of the team received no benefit for the success of the overall team. Individuals that perform above and beyond should be rewarded yes...but to have zero team incentive for a team activity blows my mind.

Same guild. Just split and add guys that wanna jump up to do heroic. Simple. Only solution here.

Only alternative to sitting around in forums infrequently recently visited by ea cg and whine... Good luck w that preferred gameplay approach.

Expect any remaining mega whale guilds to realize this in the next 4-6 weeks if this drags on....

Once there is a challenge befitting a mega whale guild me and my original guys will simply group back up.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Same guild. Just split and add guys that wanna jump up to do heroic. Simple. Only solution here.

Expect any remaining mega whale guilds to realize this in the next 4-6 weeks if this drags on....

Once there is a challenge befitting a mega whale guild me and my original guys will simply group back up.

How about just make a system that benefits people at a team level? Let's say they make a new raid - it's really hard and you have to come together like Voltron with your whale buddies. Let's say that comes true. You can't beat it with mixed teams. Well, now you have stepped directly in to the situation you just tried to avoid - you are crammed on a team of whales and somebody has to be in the other 80% and get weak rewards. Keep in mind, top 5 rewards (other than Han) on a T6 are as good and generally better than the latter 1/3 of T7 rewards. Will your advice then be to not be in the whale guild and do a T7, but to go to a weaker guild only capable of doing T6 so you can be sure to place top 5 and avoid the chance you fall in the bottom 20% of a T7 whale guild?

You've done a good job finding an optimal workaround to a flawed system - but don't confuse that with the system being a good one.