Dooku Starter Pack Round 2?

Prev1
SteelersCA
216 posts Member
edited January 2016
New player here and luv the content and gaming experience so far. Mid game player that just reached lvl 50. When I signed on, the Dooku starter pack was no longer being offered, yet as I progressed through the game I have come to realize what a special toon he is and how he works so well in either the beginning, mid, and/or end game experience.

I consider myself a F2P guy, but if EA really wanted to pad the coffers for this game, I would consider tossing a 10 spot in their direction for the Dooku toon, 50 of his shards and 500 crystals. I have a feeling most playing currently would as well just for the Shards and/or the Shards they would receive if they already unlocked him because he is so painfully slow to grind, unless they are one of the original soft launch players that have him at 7* obviously. Just a thought. Love the game so far and looking forward to more. Congrats on another great game EA.

Replies

• Options
    Or you could farm his shards on hard games like evryone else?
  • Options
    I agree. I'm a fairly recent player. I started playing mid-to-late December and the Dooku pack was either taken down by then or I was too new to the game and didn't realize how good he was and how difficult to obtain he was so I didn't buy it.

But it's not really fair that I'm running into Dooku's all the time while playing and can't have one myself because all of these other people simply played the game before I did so they were able to get in on buying the pack. How is that fair? It should be made available again so the rest of us can get a chance at it. Make it a more even playing field. Either that or make him easier to farm but I don't think they're going to do that. I could "farm shards like everyone else" like the above poster says but that's a chore when the shards rarely drop. Not to mention that a ton of people have already bought the Dooku pack anyway to get him so now they're just farming shards to level him up to 5+. If I ever start getting shards to drop, I'll only have him at 3. I just don't like how only some people were able to get in on it. Kind of sucks the fun out of the game when you're running into a ton of teams with him all the time. Which wouldn't bother me one bit if I got him the same way those people did. They should add the pack again. I'd probably even pay $10 for it. Let the early adopters have their little discount or whatever.
  • Options
    illmatic wrote: »
    I agree. I'm a fairly recent player. I started playing mid-to-late December and the Dooku pack was either taken down by then or I was too new to the game and didn't realize how good he was and how difficult to obtain he was so I didn't buy it.

But it's not really fair that I'm running into Dooku's all the time while playing and can't have one myself because all of these other people simply played the game before I did so they were able to get in on buying the pack. How is that fair? It should be made available again so the rest of us can get a chance at it. Make it a more even playing field. Either that or make him easier to farm but I don't think they're going to do that. I could "farm shards like everyone else" like the above poster says but that's a chore when the shards rarely drop. Not to mention that a ton of people have already bought the Dooku pack anyway to get him so now they're just farming shards to level him up to 5+. If I ever start getting shards to drop, I'll only have him at 3. I just don't like how only some people were able to get in on it. Kind of sucks the fun out of the game when you're running into a ton of teams with him all the time. Which wouldn't bother me one bit if I got him the same way those people did. They should add the pack again. I'd probably even pay $10 for it. Let the early adopters have their little discount or whatever.

Eh... I hear you, but promotions come and go. You can't go to a store and ask for that special deal (or claim it is unfair to buy at the normal price) after the sales period is over...

• Options
    You also have to realize that this was a random offer, and not everyone got the opportunity to buy it. I started playing a couple days after release and I, along with many other players, never got the opportunity to buy it. Just get to work farming your own Dooku.
  • illmatic
    7 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    obiwan1011 wrote: »

Eh... I hear you, but promotions come and go. You can't go to a store and ask for that special deal (or claim it is unfair to buy at the normal price) after the sales period is over...

That's true. But most promotions don't affect a game and a person's enjoyment of it. I think this case is a little bit of an exception. If it was some random character, I wouldn't care on missing out. I feel like this one sort of affects the balance of the game considering he's one of best.
  • Anzial
    41 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    keep trying bronzium packs, they can give you Dooku
  • Options
    illmatic wrote: »
    obiwan1011 wrote: »

That's true. But most promotions don't affect a game and a person's enjoyment of it. I think this case is a little bit of an exception. If it was some random character, I wouldn't care on missing out. I feel like this one sort of affects the balance of the game considering he's one of best.

Again, you aren't alone. This wasn't a promotion, it was a pack offer that was randomly offered. It wasn't iOS or google bound, it was randomly offered to players. Many players never got the offer, including me, so I know how you feel.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    I guess EA are regretted they offer so cheap $5 for that Dooku pack.
  • Options
    I started at the beginning of December and I never got offered the dooku pack. I got annoyed that everyone else had him so I farmed him and now I can use him. Granted I didn't use him till I was almost maxed out but if you want something you are better off grinding it out than asking them for another pack.
  • Options
    Song wrote: »

...plus, was probably also tired of hearing all those OP, nerf him threads. Hence, reduce the supply, less exposure in the lower levels where he shines the most and less complaints...
  • Options
    Most of the people on my server didn't get the pack either, but we are only 3 weeks old. I'm kind of glad that no one didn't because it would have been a lot harder leveling up. I haven't seen Dooku at all in the top 50 since our server began.

I'm two shards away from having him at 4* and missing some purple gear. I feel accomplished because it's so hard to grind for him lol
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I also never got this offer and would love to see it again. Would definitly spend 5 bucks on this and probably even buy for 10.
    Post edited by Vodo on
  • Options
    I'm still mind boggled that EA released such an inexpensive pack at all. Look at the Year End garbage they were touting for 4X the price.

Usually, a pack like that Dooku special in EA's warped world usually goes for like $100 or some crazy land number...
  • Options
    I grinded and farmed his shards out of missions.... would have been nice to buy his pack when it was available, but then I consider how much more I'd be upset to have to grind all his shards for promotions after. At least my Dooku I feel like I earned, and will continue to slowly level him as time goes on. He won't be OP forever..... one day alot of people will be upset because a better char will come out that will make Dooku feel like he's been nerfed, when he won't be... he'll just be obsolete.
    I don't care anymore. I tried to be nice, I tried to speak my concerns... you trolls just brought me to the dark side. Way to go. Working as intended.
  • Options
    I'm still mind boggled that EA released such an inexpensive pack at all. Look at the Year End garbage they were touting for 4X the price.

Usually, a pack like that Dooku special in EA's warped world usually goes for like $100 or some crazy land number...

And how much heat did they get for the Barriss package? I wouldn't expect them to release many decent packs after that.
  • Options
    Dooku Shmooku. The guy ain't all that don't give him a big head.
  • Options
    I have bought the dooku pack. I spent about 25€ on this game and I am planning to spend some more if the development goes in the right direction. Honestly I took Dooku to 4 stars and left him there. It has surely been a big help in the first phase of the game but I really don't feel the need to use him for my team. He is coming back in some teams but really he is not that game changer you are thinking. I understand very well the point that some got a promotion/offer really worth the money when others were not being offered it. I would be upset too, for sure, and so I was about the daily crystal sub offer. But believe me, talking about how powerful dooku is, well, I just find very annoying to fight against him, but not that trouble about winning the fight. At least not more compared to soooo many other characters. You have really many many other choices also as a f2p to build a strong set up.
  • Options
    Some of you are missing my point. I am farming him like everyone else (sirjam=tool). I wasn't complaining so much as offering up a point to EA that a lot of people would pay for my little idea.

I know there are other line ups out there and I more than likely not use him in my A squad line up anyway. I almost have him unlocked. Since the new update today you can now farm him when you reach lvl 69 whoopie. Now that is complaining. Would like to have seen him be farmable in the Cantina at lvl 2 not 6 or have him as an option in the Cantina shipments next to Daka.

Thanks for all of the responses gang.
  • phroxenphyre
    463 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm also farming him but would love to see him in a pack so I can use all these shards to promote him instead of "wasting" them on merely unlocking him.

In fact, I may just wait for that exact reason. Fifty shards is a lot when you consider you have to farm them at a rate of 0-2 per day. Waiting until I can buy him in a pack or luck out and pull him from a Bronzium basically saves me 25+ days worth of farming.
    Post edited by phroxenphyre on
  • Options
    They are offering a pack of sort for new players that gives you an opportunity at Dooku, but also Savage Opress and General "good for absolutely nothing" Veers. Opened an alt acct. and bought it not knowing about the other toons. Didn't look that closely, and got the worst toon of the bunch. He was out of the line up in half a fricken day.

Come on.....what a worthless POS. The crystals were good and a few shards, but I loathe even looking at the green tool when others are running Dooku....Beware the green worthless.
  • Options
    I saw dooku 4 star paralize a 7 star yoda / qui gon jin team. To get ahead of the Jedi curve, dooku is important.
  • Options
    Didn't even get a Dooku round one. Screw Greedo.
  • SteelersCA
    216 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    With the new Meta changes to the speed tiers, make Dooku more important than he was. He still doesn't hit that hard but his stun ability to Jedi is AWESOME and sometimes that alone can decide a battle. He gets a lower rating because of his tough farming. With the new node in lvl 6 Cantina this should be a tad bit easier but you will have to wait until level 69 to do it....wish that was on lvl 2 of the Cantina. Would make him much more viable.

I run him right now on my main and going first is GREAT especially since people are going to start running QGJ in stead of Poe. I just don't like the idea of when this game was out on soft launch people had the option to buy just Dooku and not have a lottery shot at him. I loathe when game developers keep nerfing offers, content and game play for the future generations. For the record I don't like them nerfing toons either, I would much prefer a counter buff to other characters to provide balance than to nerf a toon after people have invested a ton into them. A better way of developer game mgt IMHO.
  • Options
    Song wrote: »

Amen. Just wish I could've taken advantage of the keycard battles more before that was changed too.
  • Options
    When you reach lvl 69 you can farm him in cantina battles and the hard battles, will speed up the grind a lot quicker :)
  • Options
    SteelersCA wrote: »
    With the new Meta changes to the speed tiers, make Dooku more important than he was. He still doesn't hit that hard but his stun ability to Jedi is AWESOME and sometimes that alone can decide a battle. He gets a lower rating because of his tough farming. With the new node in lvl 6 Cantina this should be a tad bit easier but you will have to wait until level 69 to do it....wish that was on lvl 2 of the Cantina. Would make him much more viable.
    His spot at the very last Cantina battle (at the moment) is actually a great benefit for seasoned players. This way you get a decent amount of Purple Ability Mats (#1 high level resource) and the maximum amount of Cantina Tokens along with your Dooku shards.
    And he's worth it to run all the way through the Cantina battles.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    The problem with the packs were that, newbies(my self included) with money for it got a high end toon with dooku and an endgame toon with barriss(prenerf), that resulted in a big despute here on the forum, and Barriss's actual heal got super nerfed, witch resulted in a riot like state on the forum, so I think the devs, are extra carefull about releasing toons like Dooku.
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    My alt acct. is running at lvl 51 right now and the 3 guys in front of me on the ladder all have Dooku at 4 stars and I haven't even unlocked him yet. It just **** me off. I mean General "good for absolutely NOTHING" Veers is what I pulled. A complete POS with no redeaming value. I mean they could have at least offered Phasma and or IG-88 as alts instead of the that worthless D-bag.

I just get bent over developers nerfing offers as the game progresses. They offered the pack with just Dooku, now it is a lottery and if you don't land him your in my situation. IT JUST SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

I run him right now on my main and going first is GREAT especially since people are going to start running QGJ in stead of Poe. I just don't like the idea of when this game was out on soft launch people had the option to buy just Dooku and not have a lottery shot at him. I loathe when game developers keep nerfing offers, content and game play for the future generations. For the record I don't like them nerfing toons either, I would much prefer a counter buff to other characters to provide balance than to nerf a toon after people have invested a ton into them. A better way of developer game mgt IMHO.
  • Options
    In hindsight both the Dooku starter and Droid bundle were good deals wish I would have bought them when they were available.