Who are the best AOE characters?

Prev1
Thinking about the trouble I've been having with strong DPS characters hiding behind RG, I was wondering if an AOE squad might be viable - I know it will be a disaster against certain squads but let's consider the current norm of RG, QGJ and Leia/RG +2 others.

Which characters have the best AOEs?
Which are the best characters overall who have decent AOEs?

Anyone using an AOE squad successfully (at high gear levels and arena ranks)?
Any tips for AOE squad comps?

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    lando
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Lando, IG-88, Vader (somewhat), Phasma
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    Lando.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Lando rocks...also
    Hk/88/86/je/gg is aoe dream team...focus fire to eliminate the weakest link first use grevious's health down and then unleash aoe's....this has been incredibly effective against the meta squads....rg/sthan are rendered useless...
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    Hands down Lando....mustache rides for all!
  • Options
    Lando.

Yes, Lando. But above someone said phasma... Gotta disagree with that one, no offense.
    Lando
    Vader
    IG88
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    HK's is also decent since it has a chance to apply so many debuffs with the omega, and it almost always crits.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    Options
    Lando for sure!

Just keep in mind that there's a bug, when AI plays it never triggers AeO if the opponent team has taunt up.
  • Options
    Veers in the attackers challenge! :)
    But sadly not Veers in my squad
  • Azgadil
    226 posts Member
    Options
    Lando1 Lando2 Lando3 Lando4 Lando5
  • Options
    Speaking of IG88

What gear level before his AOE is worthwhile?

I have him at G7 and it's not very impressive.

Will G8 be ok? Or does he need to be G10-11?
  • Options
    88 really shines with Vader. You need to get debuffs on
  • Options
    Lando, 88, Darth Maul, Snowtrooper, GG( by damage anyway)
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    88 really shines with Vader. You need to get debuffs on

Please explain why 88 is a good fit with Vader. I understand AA and Vader, but 88?
  • Options
    Because 88 does more damage with more debuffs on.
  • Options
    here is the AOE team I use in galactic war: Phasma or AA lead, 88, Vader, Lando, and st han or rg
  • Options
    So I have a few I can work with but seems I'm definitely going to need to get Lando starred and levelled/geared.

Without the omegas would you say phasma or ig88 lead?

Squad would look something like:
    Phasma/ig88 (L)
    Ig88/phasma
    Lando
    Daka
    RG

Could maybe put Vader in but probably not until I get him to 6 stars.
  • Options
    Yes, understood. For some reason I thought you were referring to Vader being buffed by 88
  • Options
    lando
  • Options
    Lando, phasma( can still trigger assist attack with aoe ), Vader, 88, and yoda( not really a lot of damage but steal all buff especially after a lumi heal, and then use battle meditation and give it to them). That's my top picks right now.
  • Options
    Lando.

Yes, Lando. But above someone said phasma... Gotta disagree with that one, no offense.
    Lando
    Vader
    IG88
    She gives everyone a gauranteed critical (which is nice for other AoE's) while giving a bunch of TM, her AoE has a high chance to apply slow and she has good potency. Plus her basic has a chance to apply defense down. I agree her AoE isn't huge on its own, but she synergizes with other AoE toons really well. Perhaps that's what the other person meant.

• Options
    IG88 lead, Vader, Lando, Phasma, Poe
  • Options
    IG88 lead, Vader, Lando, Phasma, Poe

Blech. Poe is resisted too easily. I would think st han or rg for the tanks
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Options
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    Lando for sure!

Just keep in mind that there's a bug, when AI plays it never triggers AeO if the opponent team has taunt up.

Btw, fought a couple of b2s in gw yesterday...they ae'd when rg had taunt up. First ae toon I have seen do it.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Um Rancor.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Darling_Ventress
    376 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Um Rancor.
    Yeah, when are we going to get Rancor as a collectable/playable character?
    If EA really wanted to make some money, they should provide access to a team of boss creatures:
    Rancor, Wampa, Sarlac, the Geonosian execution creatures, and that thing in episode7 Han kept locked up on his ship.
  • Starfox
    31 posts Member
    Options
    I like using the Underworld Police. He's rad for inflicting offense down as well with his attack and it makes a world of a difference.
  • CCR5757
    16 posts Member
    Options
    Wedge is a little disappointing overall... but his AOE attack is Solid!
  • Options
    CCR5757 wrote: »
    Wedge is a little disappointing overall... but his AOE attack is DISAPPOINTING!

You mean disappointing, so I fixed it for you.

https://swgoh.gg/characters/wedge-antilles/
  • Options
    why is wedge's aoe disappointing?

https://swgoh.gg/characters/wedge-antilles/

it is only a little less than lando's and hits 50% more if used early when toons have protection or above 50% health. Granted you can not re-use right away like Landos but it still hits hard the first turn.