Debunking Rumors

Replies

• Options
    @Preemo_Magin
    Eh no he is saying nr #1 is a lie. Might be an opinion but it's a bit funny to debunk the debunked instantly in a discussion where Nemo is staying polite.
    If you claim #1 to be a lie, what's the point of discussing. What @Lokai did can be considered as a constructive honest opinion. What other dude is doing is just calling people ranting fanboys that don't love the game as much as he does. Is this also a valid opinion in your book?

Stop defending the trolls that make no sense and have nothing to contribute but adding poison to an already heated discussion.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Eradicated
    30 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Well, last 10-15 fights against my friend using Old Daka I was confused by the fact she ressurects fallen teammates more the 50% of times they die. With a chance to do that being 10% it's very strange... Why does that happen so often?
  • Options
    @CronozNL

i m sure that u didn t understand what is a troll. i just said my opinion on something. it can be true or false for you no problem. but u cant say someone "troll or trolling" who dont have same opinion with you. if you do that u will be the troll. do you know what is ad hominem? read it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

He could say #1 is true for him and explain it. but he just attacked and he got what he needs. sure i did the same fault after him but i didnt started this

Have a good day

• Options
    Maybe I'm lucky but in my games I crit more than AI, I dodge more I resist more(hell I resist Sideous so much it's getting ridiculous) and I get Phasma bonus attack way more than AI Phasma team I'm facing.
    That's on average
    There are games where I get bad luck and I lose and I'm mad
    When I win due to luck I take it for granted
    The fact I'm able to acknowledge that is the key to keep entertained by the game
    AI procs aren't higher than players and anyone who thinks differently is just a frustrated hater, nothing else.
    To people saying if you play the game you will notice, yes I play the game F2P lvl60 #10 in arena in a semitough server(about 8 QGJ7* leads and bunch of others P2W) since late November(launch).
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    @Preemo_Magin
    Eh no he is saying nr #1 is a lie. Might be an opinion but it's a bit funny to debunk the debunked instantly in a discussion where Nemo is staying polite.
    If you claim #1 to be a lie, what's the point of discussing. What @Lokai did can be considered as a constructive honest opinion. What other dude is doing is just calling people ranting fanboys that don't love the game as much as he does. Is this also a valid opinion in your book?

Stop defending the trolls that make no sense and have nothing to contribute but adding poison to an already heated discussion.

He can improve how to say it. For example "#1 doesn't much my experience after having played more than 5000 battles". Yes.

Some people just post how they feel in not the best way. In this case the lie is respect with his experience.

• Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    My opinion is that since fine tuning can be done server side, CG is looking to balance things, making small adjustments here and there. And doing minor tweaks is best left unannounced. They are game internals, but any detailed log of micro adjustments could cause uproar (unnecesarily). I also think - my opinion anyway - that if minor tweaks can be done, we know this is happen even if we don't have much detail. Like "...hey community, you are not crazy. We do balance little things all the time...."
  • Options
    @Preemo_Magin

He can improve how to say it. For example "#1 doesn't much my experience after having played more than 5000 battles". Yes.

Some people just post how they feel in not the best way. In this case the lie is respect with his experience.

did i attack someone ? no

i just said 1 is lie. and a lot of people think like me. it cant be evidence for my argument but it will be a respect spot fot my thoughts.

i could write i m playing this game since global launch getting arena ranking 1-10 everyday, i have 7* heroes etc etc

than do you think he would say ok ? i dont think so. and u re in the same boat with him

never mind it s just my thoughts and it s getting worse for nothing

• Options
    When even enemy Chewbaccas can evade my attacks without an evasion leader, of course the Ai has an advantage...
  • Options
    Jisst wrote: »

i just said 1 is lie.

Well, to be clear, you're calling us liars. Some could consider that an attack, or at least an insult.

Regardless, I'm not going to get into a "No, we're not" / "Yes, you are" conversation.

We're not liars and we're not lying.

Up to you whether or not to believe us. There's nothing I can say which would convince you that I'm telling the truth if you choose to not believe what I say.

Thanks.
  • Options
    @Jisst let's conclude we're both not trolls and experience stuff different. Have a nice day/eve yourself!
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    @Preemo_Magin
    I have yet to be member of a message board where it's considered positive that somebody calls others liars, having exactly zero evidence to back their statement up. Of course you should be able to voice your opinion. But if you are doing so in a way that doesn't contribute and just lowers the quality of the discussion, then I think it's obvious that others should be pointing that out.
  • Options

i just said 1 is lie.

Well, to be clear, you're calling us liars. Some could consider that an attack, or at least an insult.

Regardless, I'm not going to get into a "No, we're not" / "Yes, you are" conversation.

We're not liars and we're not lying.

Up to you whether or not to believe us. There's nothing I can say which would convince you that I'm telling the truth if you choose to not believe what I say.

Thanks.

i didnt called u liars. i think u re dramatizing the situaiton. i just said #1 is a lie. what it means? i think that it s not true. it s not personal. everybody lies in his life. maybe it s for a good purpose etc. but if i called u liars then it s an insult and an attack. if u cant sense the difference between lie and liar/liars it s not my problem

now it s over and u can delete what i have ever said
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse, can you please clarify what exactly the new functionality of the Retreat button is in GW?
  • Options
    i didnt called u liars. i think u re dramatizing the situaiton. i just said #1 is a lie. what it means? i think that it s not true. it s not personal. everybody lies in his life. maybe it s for a good purpose etc. but if i called u liars then it s an insult and an attack. if u cant sense the difference between lie and liar/liars it s not my problem

now it s over and u can delete what i have ever said

This is a lie.
  • Options
    Lokai wrote: »
    I'm going to take them at their word that #1 is NOT an issue. Case in point I got all hot and bothered/**** the heck off when I was like....how the hell does a character with 115 speed consistently go before my fully leveled gui gon? yeah after I calmed down and did my homework I was like oh yeah.....poe, poes such a ****....that is to say he screws with speed bars and he's in just about every team nowadays.

we see what we want to see and don't bother to actually collect the data and give it a good look.
    that being said I don't need to collect the data to know something is SERIOUSLY wrong with my DAKA the Sleeping ugly gal. The entire time I've had her she has only TWICE actually benefited the party with her 10% revival passive, and too date her 35% ACTIVATABLE revive has NEVER worked for me........maybe some day she'll wake up and go on an incredibly long hot streak to make up the mathematical averages of her extremely useless existence to this point. well honestly I like her mostly for you stuns, but those revives should be working too :)

My Daka has proced the passive revive numerous times and the active even more (as one would expect, but she's only level 5 ability) including reviving as many as 3 allies at once (only seen that once but I think it's done double revives 2-3 times).
    Makes your day when you see multiple revives when things are going badly in a fight. Sorry you've had lousy luck but she isn't broken, at least not for me. Of course it never procs as often as we'd like but hey, it is what it is.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    i didnt called u liars. /.../ i just said #1 is a lie

kyxyk.jpg
  • Options
    58297751.jpg
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Hey there Heroes,

There have been a few rumors going around on the forums that are not true. @CG_JohnSalera and I have replied to a few instances of these rumors, but I figured it would be good to have them all in one place so that they are easier to find.

1. Suspected advantage given to the AI -- We reviewed the code and data, sought info and video from the community, and after spending quite a bit of time on this, nothing turned out to be wrong. Meaning: the AI-controlled characters aren't given advantage over player-controlled characters.

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman."
  • Options
    @Whiskey haha that did make me laugh. You win the internet this evening!
  • Options
    @Whiskey haha that did make me laugh. You win the internet this evening!

Thought it might help lighten things up!
  • Options
    All i want on my brithday is a big **** shard pack and. One free hero.
  • Options
    Regarding #1, perception does play a lot into it but none of us are devs so no one can provide evidence to counter the claim that AI did not receive advantages using code, programming, or game data, we have to rely on observation/perception.
    Today, after the update, was the first time I observed (pvp arena particularly) a Leia fire less than 3 times, Daka didn't revive a fallen, and Boba/HK stayed dead after first death. Maybe I was on the bad end of a month+ long RNG cold streak, maybe there weren't really "advantages" but some bugs fixed, maybe I only selectively remembered, idk.
    Whatever the circumstances, was much more enjoyable seeing Leia shoot once and have a chance to down her before losing two of my team.

Now let's rethink GW retreat and we're all good...lol
    "That is why you fail."
  • Options
    Whiskey wrote: »
    Hey there Heroes,

There have been a few rumors going around on the forums that are not true. @CG_JohnSalera and I have replied to a few instances of these rumors, but I figured it would be good to have them all in one place so that they are easier to find.

1. Suspected advantage given to the AI -- We reviewed the code and data, sought info and video from the community, and after spending quite a bit of time on this, nothing turned out to be wrong. Meaning: the AI-controlled characters aren't given advantage over player-controlled characters.

LMAO, give that man a cigar! Hopefully a fresh one....ewwww.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    The rng isnt random at all. I don't care what the secs say.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Unacceptable!
    RNG is random tho :p
    Post edited by CronozNL on
  • Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    @Preemo_Magin
    I have yet to be member of a message board where it's considered positive that somebody calls others liars, having exactly zero evidence to back their statement up. Of course you should be able to voice your opinion. But if you are doing so in a way that doesn't contribute and just lowers the quality of the discussion, then I think it's obvious that others should be pointing that out.

I stated that it was not politely stated and should have been "#1 does not match my experience". I agree fully with that those "wording" details matter. I was just saying, correct the wording, try not to silence the opinion, but highlight the tone. That's what I would have done myself anyway....Edit is always there if you meant something else.
  • Options
    Whiskey wrote: »
    Hey there Heroes,

Hahaha, :lol:
  • Options
    There is no RNG. All results are predetermined when you hit "Battle".

Please play a battle in GW, retreat and play it again. You will get the exact same results in the exact same order (assuming you make your attacks in the same order) every time. There is nothing random about it.

Proving what everyone knows to be true just by virtue of having played thousands of battles is not possible. Even if I wanted to keep track of the number of times my team dodged vs the AI (in arena and GW -- nothing else matters) it would a) be questioned for validity by forum fan boys and trolls and b) be refuted by developers with no data of their own, other than a wink and a nod "we reviewed the code and we're all good".

I guess the larger point is that the game is pretty good -- shortcomings aside. You just have to live with the fact that you're not always going to win, or see "fair" outcomes.
  • Options
    @The_Jerol
    False. There is a predetermined factor which is randomly generated beforehand. RNG stands for random number generator so get your facts straight before going all fanboy rant on others. Also the programming has to do this otherwise battles would lag too much as some developer stated in another topic.

As you said yourself, a single aspect of the battle done differently by your side breaks this chain of pre-calculated moves. You can compare this to an old chess computer where the AI repeats moves as patterns arise and you play exactly the same (making the same mistakes or good moves over and over again). If you change strategy, the AI or computer will also change the strategy.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    @The_Jerol To make it extremely simple, you can say that there is no such thing as a truly random number. There are just series of numbers generated according to patterns which mimic randomly occurring numbers. When you enter a battle you get a "seed", basically a spot on the series of numbers. This spot is determined in such a way so as to appear random to the casual gamer.

So you are right when you say that there is no randomness. But you are extrapolating your conclusions from this. Just because it isn't "random" in a very broad sense of the term, doesn't mean that developers have a secret agenda to screw you over. This conclusion does not follow from the premises given.

You also need to take into account the widely observed phenomenon of confirmation bias. Nobody is immune to this. Me neither. Simply put, we tend to attribute our own successes to skill, and others (AI) successes to luck.

This is why a mere feeling of "it has to be rigged, look at how many crits they get" cannot and should not hold any weight in a discussion aiming at more than superficial banter. We need cold, hard numbers. And if you are unwilling to produce numbers that support your thesis, do not expect others to just give you the benefit of a doubt.