Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Options
    As I said before, we really need an ignore list option...
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    You know I have never had a mod warning on this site, I think ive had the occasional soft word filtered, but nothing bad.

Right now all i want to do is go on an expletive filled rant. GW was finally fixed, it did not take hours of retreating and frustration.

Now its back tot he same garbage.

@CG_Conduit23 @CG_JohnSalera @CG_NotReallyAJedi @EA_Jesse

I know you wont respond, but I would love to know how any of you suggest beating 4+ teams with a max Rey and QGJ hiding behind Royal Guard, and or St Han.

I can beat one, I can beat two, but you know by the time i get to the third one my pool is getting really shallow. So please tell me how this is supposed to be .....Fun? i mean it is a game right? its supposed to be fun right?

I think it is also worth pointing out that while you want us to use our whole roster, since we are facing arena teams, it means 90% of our roster is a full 2-3 gear levels lower than what we face and is lacking omegas while our opponents are all maxed on omegas, and is therefore mostly useless. you guys do realize that gear is the biggest factor in how useful a character is right? it jacks up all the protection and everything...
  • Jukiahs
    45 posts Member
    Options
    How are folks who just got to level 80 with few toons suppose to compete in this? Sure they may get nose 6 but how can their roster compete with node 9, 10, 11 ?
  • Options
    I have a full time job military job, a full time college student and I volunteer a lot of my off duty time to the local fire department... Plus I have a family. Yet I get GW done...
    Nice try.
  • Options
    The problem is people like the OP completely missing the point of GW. It's a war of attrition. You may have to burn a character or a team to get past a node.

And you say that $500k credits isn't worth it to you? Really? You can manage without that $4.5M a week? Good luck to you as everyone moves past you.

And FWIW, my arena power is 39K.
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options
    lovecheese wrote: »
    Let me guess, you loved the nerf when it was cake?

Some of us have jobs, lives, and better things to do than sit on the toilet for an hour just to beat a mode on a mobile game. Lmao.

You should try out angry birds.
  • Options
    I haven't had a problem... It's challenging but you just have to use tactics and figure out who is important.

Well you can plan all you want but when you have to defeat teams with all gear 11 and 10 for the last 4 nodes when you only have 2 gear 10 toons yourself, who by the way don't have protection left by node 11,12 you aren't beating squat.
  • Jukiahs
    45 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Vaexqua wrote: »
    As a paying customer, I would appreciate either better rewards or go back to easy GW. This has become a daily grind which is no longer any fun. I can finish it, but I don't like spending the amount of time required to finish. Not sure if anyone has ever heard of the old business saying "The customer is always right." Apparently our voice doesn't count. Eventually players will get fed up or bored and move on. I'm getting close myself. I can spend my entertainment dollars elsewhere.

Thank you so much.. Finally persons who actually understand that frustration leads to abandonment due to lack of enjoyment. How are we to keep up when new content releases?
  • BradGoodyear
    984 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Was the 6/29 a tweak or a massive Botch Job.
  • Options
    Another thread made because people can't post in the merged thread just to whine.
  • Options
    Some guys getting 3* teams on Node 12, others getting impossible meta teams.

If I take my best arena Team, I cannot defeat a team with Fives, Sun Fac and RG QGJ and whoever else in the 5 minutes alloted when they are gear 11 and 10 and that's with full protection and cooldowns reset.

I certainly can't beat that team 4 times in a row. I don't have the DPS to defeat these teams that many times in a row or the healing to stay alive long enough to defeat them.

In the last 4 days the only GW I have completed took my ENTIRE roster, and I won with my last charcter in 2.5 hours.

GW was supposed to be made shorter in time to complete.

So we get a botch job where some guys are facing muiltple teams that are 5-6K higher then them and others getting a 3* freebie.
  • dglace1
    73 posts Member
    Options
    You guys aren't necessarily comparing apples to apples. I beat GW easy again today on my phone. On my ipad it was impossible. 8th node was gear 10 rg/droid/je. Last node was 40k power gear 10/11 meta rg/rey/qgj/leia. My team is 33k. It was a war of attrition just getting the the last node.
  • Options
    Another thread made because people can't post in the merged thread just to whine.

I have been posing in the mega thread for 4 days.
    now they decided they "tweaked it", they certainly botched it. They aren't doing anything about it.

They tweaked it and that's it. Not that they are looking into it, that it is fine. Well facing top meta teams all gear 11 when you can't even beat them 1 on 1 in unlimited time without multiple squads and not being able to even finish GW after 2 hours. That's bogus and they need to fix it. Everyone should make a thread about it until they address it.

I buy crystals to use for refreshes and gear etc, but even I can't afford to buy credits because I can't earn them anymore.
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    Options
    The problem is people like the OP completely missing the point of GW. It's a war of attrition. You may have to burn a character or a team to get past a node.

And you say that $500k credits isn't worth it to you? Really? You can manage without that $4.5M a week? Good luck to you as everyone moves past you.

And FWIW, my arena power is 39K.

So how many teams do you have that are full on raid gear and omegas, cause its really hard to "burn" a team and still be able to face the next max team...
  • Jukiahs
    45 posts Member
    Options
    dglace1 wrote: »
    You guys aren't necessarily comparing apples to apples. I beat GW easy again today on my phone. On my ipad it was impossible. 8th node was gear 10 rg/droid/je. Last node was 40k power gear 10/11 meta rg/rey/qgj/leia. My team is 33k. It was a war of attrition just getting the the last node.

You don't get it... Many of us can complete GW... But when it comes to frustration and the amount of time to complete it.. It comes down to the fact is the rewards truly rewarding vs the time needed to gain? Absolutely not. Everyone is upset the time that is required I have completed the last 4 GW runs and I have max geared toons.. But tonight I was stalled heavily on node 11. Complete fail.. It's the time required to play for such little rewards. It becomes unrewarding for many in the community
  • Options
    I understand why this change can be frustrating to some, but I think it's better now. Not too hard, not too easy. Just right.

Chondrosarcoma- Chondro3150#0907
  • Options
    Well today is day two that i got an unbeatable last node. My highest arena comp is droid. ( im aware they arent the best just what i started the game doing) today i got gear 11 qgj and st han with gear 10 rey gs and rg. I dont have a single gear 11 toon and only a couple gear 10. Its more frustrating seeing others get 3/4* toons on last node and i get this stuff.
  • Erik_Aphax
    104 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Some people are getting challenging and balanced runs on their GW, we all know it. Why those fortunate ones can't accept that there are many other players facing impossible and completely unbalanced GW runs?
  • IdraRage
    259 posts Member
    Options
    It seems most of us are in agreement that a mobile game shouldn't have a mode that can take an hour or more (including, it appears, the developers)- people who say otherwise should probably be playing The Old Republic instead.

But I think completing 12 battles per day is inherently incompatible with this. Either you make them easy and unchallenging so people can auto through them, or you make them challenging- but then it takes too long.

So the only solution I see is to make it fewer battles- like 5 or 7- or to make it like 25 battles with a 7 day time limit. If they gave the weekly option huge rewards (like almost as much as 7 of the current daily challenges combined) it would provide an incentive for players who start to lapse to at least come back for the GW.
  • Options
    I don't think I see anyone complaining that they are losing 5-10 characters through the GW experience. That is just part of it, against some tougher teams you may have to lose a person. HOWEVER the people I see complaining are losing their entire ROSTER and not being able to finish GW.

I for one have experience this. I only have 5 level 80 toons. My Arena Team. Everyone else is still a work in progress. My arena team CANNOT defeat 4 meta teams in a row with full protection. I can't save them for Node 12 or I won't get past impossible nodes 9, 10, 11.

It's hard as Foxtrot. Not only that, but the massive time sink it has become trying to trick your way past the AI to manage to get a few extra nodes in. Serisouly If I can't reap the rewards for Nodes 9-12, Why bother wasting time on Nodes 1-8 where you get squat?

They need to fix this and not just blow smoke that they tweaked it and everything is fine, because it's not. Prior to this week, GW had never taken more more than say 45 minutes to an hour. After 6/15 Update i took maybe 30-45 minutes with a litter extra strategy on nodes 11-12. Now it's taking me 2+ hours and I am not even completing it everyday.
  • Options
    Batdude21 wrote: »
    Your totally sucking the fun out of this game!!! Stop it!!!!

I beg to differ... This has made the game so much more enjoyable! This is better than the auto fest we have to deal with in regards to everything else. If you don't like it, move on to another game, one that's going to be brain numbingly boring.

I personally love the new state of GW & hope to squirrels they don't listen to the incessant whining of players wanting free everything...

All the complainers forget, EA never walked into your house & shoved a gun to anyone's head & demanded you play their game!

You all agreed to the ToS, which means EA is able to do what ever they want to the game with absolutely no regard to their customer. The fact that they listen to the players & comment when needed is something very few developers do with their customer base!

I'm glad they made the change because it's a step in the right direction in regards to game longevity! As mentioned by us (player base not Devs) on numerous occasions, GW was always hard & was always meant to be hard. It's ALWAYS been like this & having a deep roster helps solve this. If you can't click-to-win, then go find a game where you can.

As I've always said, we create the **** we live in & only you can decide what's best for yourself! So make the choice! Either you learn to play or you play something else... Simple really!

Issues with your argument. It's not about the challenge, it's the fact that it's not possible. I personally was upset when they changed GW in the first place as I felt the challenge to be engaging. I have a deep roster specifically so I could complete the GW every time. I made the strategic decision to be more competitive in GW than in arena because I figured the payoff was better. Then they went to one extreme of making it just hitting auto 12 times, then they went to the other extreme of making it not possible to complete. Now, there's no strategy or skill that will allows us to complete GW because we are dramatically outmatched. What's the point of that? Apparently you were able to complete one or 2 of the GW's since the update and you're feeling pretty good about it. I beat the one last night luckily but I found it to be ridiculous.....

EA, like every other business, does have a responsibility to serve their customers or they will lose them. We have invested time and money into this game and expect it not to completely turn to garbage on us. It's similar to a bait and switch. I, and it sounds like many others, will not spend money on this game as long as they continue to ruin it.
  • Options
    I have a full time job military job, a full time college student and I volunteer a lot of my off duty time to the local fire department... Plus I have a family. Yet I get GW done...
    Nice try.

Lol everything you listed is a lot of sitting around doing nothing. Awesome. That's comical.
  • Options
    Nice try.

Lol everything you listed is a lot of sitting around doing nothing. Awesome. That's comical.

Everything listed has a lot of sitting around doing nothing? LOL... Please enlighten me since you know my schedule.

Nice just bashing me without knowing what I do. Go back to trying to finish GW since you can't.
  • saberOriginal
    129 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Post edited by saberOriginal on
  • Options
    Nice try.

Everything listed has a lot of sitting around doing nothing? LOL... Please enlighten me since you know my schedule.

Nice just bashing me without knowing what I do. Go back to trying to finish GW since you can't.

Ut ohhh... Someone did to you what you were doing to others. Doesn't feel good, does it?

If you cannot see the point that was made, so be it.

Gave me a good chuckle though. Lol
  • Gimp
    2 posts Member
    Options
    I've wiped on last 2 nodes for the last 3 days in a row. Today I actually inspected the opposing team. My main teams were still intact and at full health. The opposing team was easily 10k higher power than my team. Opposing Phasma is 7600 power, my Phasma is 5931... The opposing Rey can one shot every one of my main toons and for two days in row has been coupled with RG and storm trooper Han. So I'm not sure what to do with GW at this point, just ride it out and stop trying past node 4?
  • Options
    Pity Pity Pity ... the 'Galactic War' was 'broken optimized' - 'once again' ...
    My 'Arena Power' is currently: 34,690 - the 'power' of the 'Node 12 squads': 39,724 - all 'Omega abilities' fully equipped ...
    I think it is impossible that 'Node 12 squad' to beat - the difference of 5,000 'power points' (and thus 'disadvantage' in the skills) is just too much. Even though I 'sacrifice before' all my remaining character are the 'tension bars' and the' special abilities' of the 'Node 12-Troops' remains high ...!?

So the increase in 'Node 12' to 115 percent the 'Players Arena Power' is nonsense! (A 'Top Ten Players' with 38,000 'Arena Power' confronts a 'Node 12 squad' with 43,700 'power points'!?)

Please develop new 'game content' - instead of making the difficulty of the existing game elements 'unplayable'. 'Before' the game only still 'time kills' ...
  • Hendel
    5 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I can't stand that EA has to keep screwing with game! Leave it alone! I was able to complete the Galactic War regularly before but now node 12 is always 40k plus team with gear 10 and 11 and it is just too much at that point. I do not have the time to spend to keep restarting the node. It was enough of a use of time just to get through 12 nodes.

Some who have well developed teams and lots of free time may think it is great, but I do not. Now I cannot get to the items that I need from node 12 to help advance my team to be able to more easily handle teams like that. It is a Catch 22 that keeps the middle of the road players down without letting us advance higher and a decent pace.

EDIT: Profanity removed.

It wasn't profanity, but whatever!
  • RNBull
    6 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    https://imgur.com/a/cVMFI

This is just 5 t u p i d, plain and simple. I'm down to my a team with no protection cause the rest of my toons got wiped out on the way. I'm losing my hopes every time this game get updated cause it tends to go negatively. Things need to change
  • Martianski
    193 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Don't try so hard, guys. It's sunday and every pro game developer is not at work. Maybe after few days...