Is anybody upset that they just completely ignored our feedback on galactic war?

Prev13
Jay21
61 posts Member
edited July 2016
Cause there was a poll about galactic war that seemed to have some pretty good feedback about how difficult and time consuming GW was and how it's not fun anymore cause they apparently don't plan on any changes on the GW after that behind the scenes tweak

Is anybody upset that they just completely ignored our feedback on galactic war? 324 votes

Yes totally they just ignored our feedback
78%
Miss_DollUSArmyAVmilkacakJJHpip_ninjaJaegerGeddreTagichatnjeremyj26SlewfootclhsKonaEhukaiBloogTheopiumEM650StarSonVallikRonTomshampooTak 255 votes
No they know what they are doing and are keeping it fun and challenging
9%
Hbk146AmnorGwonkSpartanGhostpapnworsOobydoobKingOfLosingNikko3040Greg1920Big_BossVegaGoosyForey2WhiskeyPugSSBGaldin_WanDevToreTeagueVeritasumNicWester 30 votes
I don't care Pokemon go just released bye
12%
NaecabonpepelestatleeroyjenkinsMBL_66lordterislampdxZehavaDaddyngo007johnrossi87AKK889KyleKatarnPatman6632giggsySocceanHarlodpeterDundadarrHunterXJDCaptainrrlBatdude21ukdfink 39 votes

Replies

• Jay21
    61 posts Member
    Options
    If this wasn't a Star Wars game I would have left already
  • Lonach
    87 posts Member
    Options
    Your poll is biased. They did some changes to make it a little bit more enjoyable but they didn't address our major concerns like a different difficulty level with different level of reward...
  • Options
    You want to bring a real change? Take a look at my post, Upvote it and share it to your guilds! https://reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4rydvg/is_it_an_utopia_not_whiny_constructive_one/?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=true
  • EscapeArtist51
    1675 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Lonach wrote: »
    Your poll is biased. They did some changes to make it a little bit more enjoyable but they didn't address our major concerns like a different difficulty level with different level of reward...
    What did they do to make it enjoyable exactly? Take away the easy 12th node and replace it with another meta team? This is the one game I've ever played where the developers do the complete opposite of what 90 percent of the fanbase suggests.

Edit: oops I can't talk now, gotta do galactic war! Only 5 more days of this and I can level up my admiral ackbar from 70 to level 80!!! woohoo.

• Jay21
    61 posts Member
    Options
    @EscapeArtist51 this is the first mobile game I have spent more than $100 I'm kicking myself but it's Star Wars I love Star Wars and the devs are actually making me hate something Star Wars it's not fun anymore
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    On another note, I did just download Pokemon Go a couple days ago and it's already shaping up to be better.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    Jay21 wrote: »
    @EscapeArtist51 this is the first mobile game I have spent more than $100 I'm kicking myself but it's Star Wars I love Star Wars and the devs are actually making me hate something Star Wars it's not fun anymore
    Yeah.. I wish they would listen to comments like that. I don't even know why we use this forum. Feels like it's just for us to have feedback with each other lol. Devs don't ever come on here, they just send Jesse the PR man out with the updates to do damage control.
  • Jay21
    61 posts Member
    Options
    @benacrow yup I downloaded it too haven't been able to play much servers always down but come on everybody and their moms are probably trying to log in.... Worst even I have T-Mobile the coverage sucks so I cant even do anything
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    Jay21 wrote: »
    @benacrow yup I downloaded it too haven't been able to play much servers always down but come on everybody and their moms are probably trying to log in.... Worst even I have T-Mobile the coverage sucks so I cant even do anything

Haha yeah there's probably a billion people trying to log in at the same time so at least their issues are understandable.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm really excited to spend two hours later tonight beating Galactic War to get mid 40's level rewards
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm really excited to spend two hours later tonight beating Galactic War to get mid 40's level rewards
    Agreed. It's just not worth the aggravation

• ukdfink
    148 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Don't forget this one thing....when the patch went in they announced that one of chewbaccas's powers will now display correct info but they didn't mention the gw tuning.

They knew this was coming. They buried it and released it on a bank holiday. Your feedback is not what they want. They was the game to be sticky. They don't understand why everyone doesn't act like a whale and every single change is designed to make the game more important in your life and this more deserving of your money.

• Options
    What really gets me is that they actually said their changes aimed to address our feedback about it taking too long, so they reduced the difficulty to make it quicker. They may have reduced the early difficulty - I can't notice that difference - but the later difficulty is insane.

They must be seeing our stats and that the median time spent to complete GW has in fact rocketed up after their changes. I can't believe this hasn't been immediately addressed.
  • Options
    Holy crud! Just saw the community update saying they have no plans to readjust GW again! The only thing they're going to do is fix the bug where the last nose is crazy easy! So it's going to become EVEN more difficult! Frack I've never been more angry at this game.

They've not only not addressed our complaints; they've done the exact opposite and made it even worse! Very annoyed right now, to the point of feeling like quitting completely - gonna take a breather for a bit and calm down.

GW NEEDS FURTHER ATTENTION. @EA_Jesse devs jobs are not done here.

(I hate it when people tag devs but this directly refers to Jesse's update post).
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    This is just a mobile game but I have played it for so long and really enjoy playing it and it has become a part of my daily routine so keeping GW the way it is making me sad.and mad.
  • Carth_Onassi1973
    1706 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Johankfar wrote: »
    You want to bring a real change? Take a look at my post, Upvote it and share it to your guilds! https://reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4rydvg/is_it_an_utopia_not_whiny_constructive_one/?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=true

Fantastic post and you are 100% correct. That is the only way voices are heard and changes are made.

However, getting everyone on board is another story.

• Jay21
    61 posts Member
    Options
    @Carth_Onassi1973 true there will always be those that just don't care they do the opposit just to watch the wolrld burn
  • Options
    They also ignored people saying 350 crystals isn't good compensation for missing a raid because of their error. I think the higher ups have officially gave their bread and butter (us) the finger.
  • Options
    Yes I cannot believe that the 12th being easy is viewed as a bug. I just make it there and being faced with another hard team will make it impossible to complete.
  • Options
    It's funny how they're quick to point out curse words, but total ignore our GW complaints. Go Pikachu Go!!!
  • Jay21
    61 posts Member
    Options
    @Batdude21 curse words?? You can't even say Jesus.... I mean come on if I had a buddy named Jesus he would be censored!!!
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Find a hobby out side of the forum
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    The worst thing about this game isn't the AI.
    The worst thing about this game isn't the developers.
    The worst thing about this game isn't Galactic War.
    Pre-crafting was barely even a thing at all, let alone the worst thing about this game.
    The worst thing about this game isn't underpowered characters.
    The worst thing about this game is neither the "whales" or the "f2pers."

The worst thing about this game is the whiny, entitled, self-righteous community.
    Post edited by WillowStar on
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    My kitties have little gifts for the lovely peeps behind this game. One for the dodge programmers and one for the GW ones. Ver fragrant. Where can I mail these lovely presents to? Lol
  • Sungsta
    163 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Pre-crafting was barely even a thing at all, let alone the worst thing about this game.

The worst thing about this game is the whiny, entitled, self-righteous community.

Congratulations on joining the ranks of that community :)
    Post edited by WillowStar on
  • Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    Options
    They've never departed from what they've recently said. The co. is allowed to make a decision on their game. Good or bad, they should not be pulled in every direction the forums dictate.
  • jeremyj26
    783 posts Member
    Options
    Sungsta wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    No, because this forum is fully of whiny little **** who wouldn't know a good game if they **** it out of their ****. Any time there's any change to the game the immediate reaction is "I MUST GO TO THE FORUM AND REGISTER MY COMPLAINT" and then to climb their high, high, high horse and loudly proclaim "I HAVE SPENT SO MUCH MONEY AND/OR I HAVE NOT SPENT ANY MONEY!"

Congratulations on joining the ranks of that community :)

He's not wrong.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Galdin_Wan
    589 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    How many of the people that actually play this game post in this forum? They probably spent the last week or so gathering data on the length of advancement, and completion rate of GW, and it must have fallen inside the ranges they were shooting for.

Obviously they don't feel that everyone should be able to complete GW every day.

The amount of people screaming about going 11/12 at something is mind blowing to me honestly. If everyone was getting blown away on nodes two or three I could see it. However, all I've seen is "I can't beat the last node".
  • Baggodi
    404 posts Member
    Options
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »
    How many of the people that actually play this game post in this forum? They probably spent the last week or so gathering data on the length of advancement, and completion rate of GW, and it must have fallen inside the ranges they were shooting for.

Obviously they don't feel that everyone should be able to complete GW every day.

The amount of people screaming about going 11/12 at something is mind blowing to me honestly. If everyone was getting blown away on nodes two or three I could see it. However, all I've seen is "I can't beat the last node".

The anger is because the devs gave us what the bulk of the forums asked for. The majority of the feedback was positive. Then inexplicably instead of fixing bugs, rolling out new content, or any of a myriad of other things being asked for the devs took away the thing people were happiest with.
  • Galdin_Wan
    589 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Baggodi wrote: »
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »

The anger is because the devs gave us what the bulk of the forums asked for. The majority of the feedback was positive. Then inexplicably instead of fixing bugs, rolling out new content, or any of a myriad of other things being asked for the devs took away the thing people were happiest with.

That's the thing though, they give players what they want and they still complain.

People cry about the same characters needing to be used all the time, we need more themed stuff.

They roll out droid, scoundrel, empire, ewok, jedi, omega events that require specific characters, and what happened?

Complaining, constant complaining.

People said there weren't enough ways to get credits. They've been running events and giving away credits for weeks now. People got a million for finishing Empire, 2 million for finishing Ewok, plus the 300K a day you can get. The Jedi events, which were free and complete walkovers, I got a 500K credit drop on the Aayla Secura event. What have people done every single event?

Complain. It's too hard. We should be allowed to use any character, etc, etc, etc.

Some iconic players need buffed. They buff Anakin, what did I see the first day.

Anakin needs a nerf.

Maybe they finally just realized the player is going to complain no matter what they do, and are just going to do what they want.