RAMifications wrote: »
Hate the change. Cleared gw with the same 5 characters tonight. No point in changing anything anymore. I used to use all my 17 lvl 60s. "Gaming" the rng system is not strategy. "Oh dang they won every roll, let me just use the exact same toons in different slots and see if it gets better for me. .."
WildWest1974 wrote: »
So, has anyone else actually tried sacrificing your lower ranked players? I did, and it's a viable strategy.
I have about 12 toons close to my current rank(48), and about 20 more between 20 and 40. I sent a squad of five lower ranks in against a node of rank 48s. I was able to take out both healers and deal some good damage before they all died and I "lost". When I went back in with my A team, every dead enemy was still dead, the remaining enemies were still hurt, and they were still on cooldown. So I mopped em up.
So, the tactic can still work, you just have to sacrifice a full squad (toons I wasn't going to use anyway) before you get the benefit.
I can see this being very useful, especially when you hit a much higher ranked team in later stages.
obiwan1011 wrote: »
CGJohn, if you want an executive summary of what the players who are critical of the change are saying, here it is:
1. It has become more difficult only if you don't have enough healers - which is often the case for the new/low-level players. However, seasoned players actually find it no different, if not easier
2. It has become less fun because the aspect of managing ability cool downs and subbing depleted heroes in and out are gone. GW is now more or less the same as an Arena match
3. It has become a repetitious exercise of quit-reload to get the optimal result. There is zero consequence for poor outcomes during a match as you just need to quit-reload
4. Restore previous retreat and allow effect status to remain to eliminate exploiting retreat after the A.I uses an ability
Lavigkaye wrote: »
thanks EA! i won't spend more $ on this **** now!
thisgameisdope wrote: »
Like the new GW system now than before...
Cythis wrote: »
1) Better rewards
2) X amount of free resurrections (Bacta tanks) then add a cost to resurrect. Win / Win - I'll leave the details to your team.
3) Better rewards
Ajizay wrote: »
I like the new changes, GW is now my 'training area', where I can experiment with new strategies and group compositions - it's proven to be quite educational for me!
The two times I've tried the new GW I've made it to the end, but not without losses. Which is how it's supposed to be. But I'm genuinely and positively in favour of the new change thus far - it's made for more of a challenge without punishing each mistake I make. I feel like, before I was fighting the mechanics of the game, but now I'm fighting my opponents team. The latter feels much more rewarding for me.
I encourage you to try the new GW a bit more, adapt your playstyle to fit the new mechanics, and then just experiment with new and different combinations. At least I'm finding it surprisingly rewarding
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.