How often do you beat galactic wars in a week

Replies

• Options
    5 times
    I said 5 because I know I've lost a few recently and probably will more soon as my mods aren't great. I've adopted a new strategy that has help, but I would still prefer if they shortened or at least raised the rewards for the currently grind more that the 114k they already did.
  • slothe
    221 posts Member
    Options
    7 times
    How many of you who say you beat it everyday face multiple maxed out whale accounts? Nodes 9, 10, 11, and 12. Node 6 is tough, but doable.

It's jacked up. Maybe not for you because your power isn't high enough yet, but it's definitely destroyed.

I face whales in nodes 6-12, lol.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    7 times
    Nessy1939 wrote: »
    For those who say they dont lose, did you mod out, gain 3k arena power, take the nerf and can still win? If so much respect.

My arena team can take out any gw team, but it cannot beat node 6, and 9-12 maxed reys, let alone st han rg combo. 9-12 has way more power than me and they have full protection.

I beat gw every day i played since the protection update, but this is total ****.

Yeah, I did. I put mostly lvl 15 5 dot mods on all my arena toons. And went up a bracket and went over 36k for the first time. Then I lost my first GW the first day of the nerf. Then I modded up a few of my GW benchers for my next go. And blew a scanner to beef up dooku. Won the last two.
  • Options
    7 times
    Poxx wrote: »
    Bariss (L) w/ 6 health mods all w/ as much health as possible and omega lead
    Anakin
    QGJ
    Aayla
    Yoda

The AI nearly always goes after a character w/ foresight and I have Yoda modded very heavily for speed (226).

Bariss heals everyone for 2,300 on a basic attack and every jedi heals for over 3k at the start of each of their turns due to her basic.

I have been able to auto GW 1-12 w/ this set-up.

Funny, but this set-up takes advantage of QGJ and Aayla calling Bariss on assist since she heals everyone on basic about half the time and they tend call her an awful lot.

I think bariss is the key?
    I use 45min at most to finish GW although I only have 33k squad arena power and a 6 star rg

I don't know why I always have time to take down rey and QGj before my whole team die

• Options
    7 times
    My bariss also 6 star
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    7 times
    Once I learned the sequence, it was a lot easier. For me I gotta be ready to hit node 6, 9, and 11 HARD. 7 and 8 are easy. And 10 is full gear and modded but isn't good syergy. It is those 3 I have to come into with good tm and nothing important on cooldown.

If I trot into 6 without being ready, lulled by the easy first 5, everything crumbles, fast. If I find node 6 needs X, and that toon is on cooldown, I will have a really bad day. That can be the difference between figuring out which 3 top tier toons I want to leave dead or crippled and winning, easily.
  • Faff2D2
    253 posts Member
    Options
    I don't even try anymore.
    I can't remember the last time I lost a GW. Last time I completed, it took me forever and a ton of frustration, but ultimately beatable if you refuse to lose. I decided I don't need that amount of stress in my life from a video game so I play it a battle at a time to gain the daily achievements and that's it. When I reach the point that I can't get to #1 on my shard at payout anymore due to a lack of credits, I will quit the game.

• EkoDroid
    152 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I recommend Luminara leading QGJ, GS, RG, and Ewok Elder. Nothing like not sweating a character getting picked on! I almost always beat it with just that team, as I did today. Lost QGJ, and RG in the same battle (node 11) and the hood rat resurrected both for #12! This squad has Resurrection, stunning, mega hits, healing, evasion, debuffing, taunting.. it is perfect for me, I love it. Try it.

BTW my arena team is the same except no elder and Sidious leads instead. Pre mods I was always top 5, now top 15 because I was slow getting mods. Finished 6th today because I only left 10 seconds before I tried to finish off their last toon, and it dodged 4 times in row.. would have been 2nd, doh!
    Here is my secret.. um, hope noone I compete with reads this, lol. Anyway, use all your attempts except the last one, then go for top possible rank with about 12 minutes left, and make it last as close to 5 minutes as you can, then pay to refresh and fight the same opponent again ASAP, and just let it time out the full 5 minutes, then put a big grin on because it is almost impossible to beat you in the less than 2 minutes remaining! I use all my attempts before refreshing so I have 4 more after prizes are given, so i can use those to keep or raise my position before activities reset. And no, you can't lock a position like that unless you spend 50 crystals.

I suspect I am just above the curve for GW though, because of the rewards at the top of arena letting me advance faster than other f2p. I can almost always take a toon out first turn, no matter the team, no matter the node, but finding the right witch with a B, is key. Honestly, my Arena competition is tougher than GW now with mods. Good luck!
    Post edited by EkoDroid on
  • JamDev
    262 posts Member
    Options
    5 times
    Not the poll result I was expecting given how much people complain about GW being impossible. I normally complete it, but there are occasions when the uber teams at the end just wreck me. Generally speaking if you retreat from battles that are going badly, and reach the final few nodes with your strongest teams intact, you should be able to scrape by.
  • Options
    7 times
    When you have a good arena team it's not too difficult.. Player always wins over AI and in GW you even have turn meter advantage in every fight. You just have to kill the enemy Rey before she makes a move. Possibly with your own Rey :-)
  • Options
    7 times
    can those failing to finish post there arena squad/power for me please ?
  • Options
    7 times
    I still don't get it, why everybody is complaining about GW. It SHOULD be challenging. Just pressing "SIM" like the rest of this game (except arena and Raid) is not the best way to enjoy a game at all.

7 times a week. YES it is challenging. YES you need a good tactic. YES you sometime need to sacrifice a low-lvl team just to lure out the buffs of the enemy team before engaging with your main team. BUT it is not boring. It makes fun. It is what I expect from a game.
  • Options
    7 times
    When you have a good arena team it's not too difficult.. Player always wins over AI and in GW you even have turn meter advantage in every fight. You just have to kill the enemy Rey before she makes a move. Possibly with your own Rey :-)

+1
  • Options
    Are you kidding me!
    I usually get to the last node ... but then I have nothing left and the team is a super all star team that would have beat me anyway
  • Options
    Are you kidding me!
    Darthpippa wrote: »
    can those failing to finish post there arena squad/power for me please ?

Not sure how to post pictures on this site ... the Url concept is lost on me
  • Options
    1 times
    Well most of these guys voting 7 are full of it. They are able to complete it because their arena power is high enough that they get 3* green geared opponents on node 12 and sometimes 11. Notice the guy who posted a screenshot only posted Node 11. That's because Node 12 is a freebie and he didn't want to show that.

Well pal, the rest of us have that Node 11 and that node AGAIN on node 12. If I had a free node 12, I would be able to complete 7 days too...
  • Lithium
    76 posts Member
    Options
    7 times
    Well most of these guys voting 7 are full of it. They are able to complete it because their arena power is high enough that they get 3* green geared opponents on node 12 and sometimes 11. Notice the guy who posted a screenshot only posted Node 11. That's because Node 12 is a freebie and he didn't want to show that.

Well pal, the rest of us have that Node 11 and that node AGAIN on node 12. If I had a free node 12, I would be able to complete 7 days too...

Wow. What's the point of having or participating in a poll when your not going to bother believing the results if they don't align with your expectations?

No ones hiding the Node 11/12 freebies. Its a widely known thing.

I've seen a few polls over the past few days and for the most part, people are finishing GW, though it does take longer than it used to. However, I was surprised by most of the poll results. I believed that not being able to complete GW was a widespread problem. It isnt.
  • X0160768
    223 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    7 times
    The only time I've had trouble recently is when mods were first released. But now, it's back to normal again.

I think I am lucky because my arena team is also useful in GW as it has 2 stunners. Daka and RG. And these 2 can make GW a lot easier, especially against those teams on node 12.

edit - for info my power rating is about 33k and i sit around 75-50 in arena.
    Post edited by X0160768 on
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    7 times

salty much? its not my fault i get a freebies at node 12 alot. What was i supposed to do ? lie and vote 5 times a week? FYI, when i do get a high geared/modded team at node 12, I still clear the whole GW.
    giphy-5.gif

Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    1 times
    Lithium wrote: »

Wow. What's the point of having or participating in a poll when your not going to bother believing the results if they don't align with your expectations?

I've seen a few polls over the past few days and for the most part, people are finishing GW, though it does take longer than it used to. However, I was surprised by most of the poll results. I believed that not being able to complete GW was a widespread problem. It isnt.

Well if you know the freebie node 12 is out there, you obviously know that those people voted 7 right?
    So your data is skewed and your results are no good. You can't poll people that aren't coming from an even place and expect the result to mean anything. You also have to consider that people that are level 10, 20, 30, 40 etc are also not experiencing GW troubles... Yet. Wait till they get to mid 70s and 29-35K arena power. They won't be saying 7 then. They won't have the depth to get past node 9.
  • Options
    7 times
    Sorry, I'm just not seeing how people find GW challenging. I run Phasma, Rey, FOTP, RG and Lumi. Most GWs I don't lose a single toon.
  • Options
    Are you kidding me!
    All of these people voting 7 times. I frankly don't believe them .. I believe they lie to make themselves look good. The GWs are not possible to finish unless you pay big money to build your squad ... F2P users can no longer compete in the GWs.
  • CEG9876
    355 posts Member
    Options
    6 times
    I don't play on sunday. so.
    But everytime I want to I complete it
  • Mezmo
    117 posts Member
    Options
    Are you kidding me!
    For the six months prior to mods, 100%.

Since mods, 0%.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    7 times
    All of these people voting 7 times. I frankly don't believe them .. I believe they lie to make themselves look good. The GWs are not possible to finish unless you pay big money to build your squad ... F2P users can no longer compete in the GWs.

creates a poll, not happy with the results; they must be lying to make themselves look good. lol
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not voting. I can complete it. Completing it isn't always the issue, it's the massive time sink into it.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    7 times
    I'm a minority when it comes to this. I did not develope many healers and haven't been able to finish in quite a while.

You don't need healers to complete GW, I never use them and complete GW every single day
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Are you kidding me!
    I used to complete it every day and it took me an hour to do it. Since they retuned GW on 06/30, I've finished twice. Now I don't even try to finish and rarely retreat. I even quit taking statistics on opponent power levels.
    My Arena power: 35,357
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    7 times
    Lithium wrote: »

Well if you know the freebie node 12 is out there, you obviously know that those people voted 7 right?
    So your data is skewed and your results are no good. You can't poll people that aren't coming from an even place and expect the result to mean anything. You also have to consider that people that are level 10, 20, 30, 40 etc are also not experiencing GW troubles... Yet. Wait till they get to mid 70s and 29-35K arena power. They won't be saying 7 then. They won't have the depth to get past node 9.

How is 29-35k arena power relevant at all? Chances are if you're at that power level you aren't competing for a top spot in arena, and you should be using your time to increase your roster depth instead of complaining about the results of a poll. Yes I do get a broken node 12 and I have since the update. That doesn't invalidate my GW experience in any way.
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    7 times

Lol, just come out and say that you're jealous that you can't complete GW everyday. The only character I use that can be considered close to P2P would be Rex and even then I only use him in the last couple of nodes. My main GW team is Phasma lead, Leia, GS, Rey, and RG.
    Make Zader Great Again!