Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Get your arena power above 38k and join in on the fun. Oh and merged in 3, 2, 1..
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Got aways to go. Only at 33k.
  • Options
    I'm only on 35k arena power n I still get maxed out opposition at 11 n 12, I also always get tough teams at 9 n sometimes even at 10, I always get thru 10 n when I can be bothered even 11 but by then I never enough top toons left to do 12 and I do mean never, it's laughable in a maniac way that they claim to help by increasing GW rewards by all of 10% n then make it impossible to complete for 90% of us
  • Options
    I want to go find the quote from EA that said "we heard you on GW, we have come up with something that will make it take less time and stop putting people up against monster teams"

Loosely quoted, but it was in the update notes lol
  • Options
    For those talk about "whiners" not understanding strategy, here is the perfect example of how broken GW is.

On node 6, yes 6, I ran into an unbeatable squad even with the perfect characters to to fight against.

Opponent was a droid team that included maxed and modded - HK-47, IG-88, IG-86, Jawa Engineer and RG.

I thought OK, perfect time to use my anti-droid team that I wasted a ton of time and credits leveling and are pretty much useless if not going against droids... So, I have -

Ugnaught - level 80, 7*, G8 with maxed abilities. (For those that don't know, he is "supposed" to be uber against droids with stuns and dodging)

Jawa - Level 80, 7*, G9 with maxed abilities. (Again, for those not familiar, supposed to be uber against droids with stuns and dodging)

Dathcha - Level 80, 7*, G8 with maxed abilities. (Same story, but great leader ability against droids).

So, what happens you ask? Enemy dodges everything, I dodge nothing, I get one stun when I am supposed to have a 62.5% (one at 50%, one at 60% and one at 75%) chance to stun across 3 group attacks. For those doing the math, that's 9 potential stun attacks which if the math works should result in minimally 5 stuns (62.5% x 9 = 5.625). I got one!

Then of course, I get crushed.

All I can say is, for those that say simply you have to be strategic in your thinking and it is winnable, I call bull**** on that!

Oh, and you'll be interested to know I then threw 3 more level 80 teams including my A-team with power of 39k and didn't even come close to winning.

So, today, I got through 5 battles of GW.

Seems fair.

• Ezeziel
    184 posts Member
    Options
    Agree...
    As the only sure way to get credits it really kills the fun of the game, credit crunch is real and lots of toons ar in limbo of getting levelled because of it..
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Options
    To all the people that think Gws is too hard that just means your roster and toons are just too weak to complete it. I easily finish it everyday with no problems. If I can then you can too. Work on your rosters like everyone else and stop crying about it already, the boohooing is getting really ridiculous now.
  • Options
    Actually yeah ever sense I got to level 80 GW has gotten much harder. I am fighting teams who are 7,000 and 8,000 power in my 9th node which is insane because my highest toon power is 7,100.
  • Options
    Oh, and one other thing... If the contention of the developers is that GW is WAI when battle 6 opponent kills 5 teams of lvl 80, g8, g9 or g10 characters without killing a single opponent character, I would provide the following analogy...

When you go to a restaurant and the chef takes a massive dump on your plate and then serves it to you, that is the kitchen working as intended.
  • Options
    Ezeziel wrote: »
    Agree...
    As the only sure way to get credits it really kills the fun of the game, credit crunch is real and lots of toons ar in limbo of getting levelled because of it..

The game is working as intended. Once you accept this, your disposition will get sunnier and you'll focus on growing your bench like everyone else, or you will find a new game that provides you the instant gratification that you seek.

The game does not intend for you to instalevel your whole bench. It's intended to make you spend months to achieve your goals, or spend bucketloads of money. If you aren't willing to put in months of work or throw your money in the toilet, then walk away now and save yourself the frustration.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    People actually read the Megathreads. Not a bad thing to be merged.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Aniema wrote: »
    To all the people that think Gws is too hard that just means your roster and toons are just too weak to complete it. I easily finish it everyday with no problems. If I can then you can too. Work on your rosters like everyone else and stop crying about it already, the boohooing is getting really ridiculous now.

What is your arena team at? What player level are you at? His deep is your roster?

I have 20 7* level 80 characters all at gear 8, 2 at gear 9 and 1 at gear 10. That's 4 fairly high stat teams that get completely wiped out by the impossible team on nodes 11 and 12.

I was able to complete GW every day for 4+ months straight until the GW rework. Currently stuck at 139 wins.

Once again, read my post above about the IMBALANCE of GW where some people face impossible teams and others face easy teams and able to finish it without a problem. Hard to work on rosters when unable to finish GW and earn the credits to upgrade characters. Just as Sbdaster, a 10% increase in credits makes no difference if you can't finish it.
  • Options
    Agree...

The game is working as intended. Once you accept this, your disposition will get sunnier and you'll focus on growing your bench like everyone else, or you will find a new game that provides you the instant gratification that you seek.

The game does not intend for you to instalevel your whole bench. It's intended to make you spend months to achieve your goals, or spend bucketloads of money. If you aren't willing to put in months of work or throw your money in the toilet, then walk away now and save yourself the frustration.

How long and how much money gave you invested?
  • Options
    Since my last thread was merged into the GW megathread as way of EA sweeping this issue under the rug instead if fixing the actual problem.

Why say this? It's pretty charged language. "Sweeping under the rug" .... Stop it already.

EA has made it clear; GW is WAI.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    Options
    Omg all this crying about GW is so annoying. It's totally fine, there is no need for a change. Another 45738 whinethreads won't change this fact.
  • masters
    233 posts Member
    Options
    So is the easy node 12, I have not seen this yet, considered a bug or working as intended?
  • Wulfdane
    24 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I don't see a problem with GW.

It's like players want a guarantee to be able to complete it, which imo is absurd.

The game isn't hard, just time consuming.
    Post edited by Wulfdane on
  • Options
    Since my last thread was merged into the GW megathread as way of EA sweeping this issue under the rug instead if fixing the actual problem.

Why say this? It's pretty charged language. "Sweeping under the rug" .... Stop it already.

Because it's frustrating when people have been discussing the imbalance of GW for months now and when the devs tried to adjust it, they only made it worse. Plus, to quote the most recent announcement by them, "GW will NOT be looked into at this time. We adjusted currency payouts for now." That is not balancing the gaming feature.

Everyday that I am unable to finish GW, I will post in the furoms to try and get the devs to listen and I encourage everyone else that is unable to finish or people who face the super easy 3* teams to do the same.

GW needs to be BALANCED!
  • Astateofmind
    160 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I can see that the gw is unbalanced ... but so far I managed to clear it daily with just my main team - after the mods nerfing. Sometime I had to reset once or twice and sometime I will lose a character on one of the final nodes.

But at level 70 all my 5 chars in my main team are 7 stars (except IGD), fully moded with mods 5dot at least level 12 and level 7 abilities. If I wouldn't have all the mods probably I would be stopped around node 9-10.

Of course, at level 80 that might totally change ...

And I do build my team for resiliency, although I don't have RG at the required level so I run with STH and 3 healers.

• Options
    Elbertoman wrote: »
    Stop whining. GW is totally winnable if you use your brain. I'm f2p and have only lost Gw twice since they changed it. It is hard and a bit of a grind but once you understand mods and know how to build a team it's not that bad. I can do nodes 1-12 with one ewok speed team at lvl 80 33k power no problem. And that's against the Rey/sth/Rg horror squad with tier 5 mods.

Get a plan, invest in the right squad and some simple mods and you can be marching through Gw pretty consistently. Whining ain't gonna improve your skills.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options
    Agree...

A fair question.

I have been playing since early December. I dropped $50 when I started in December, and haven't paid a penny since. Once I realized I could still be competitive with the rest of the paying folks on my shard as a F2P player, I regretted paying the money I did. I have logged on every day straight since I installed the game in December. Every. Day. Not a penny since my original $50.

I have 22 7* characters. Most are at gear 9. My arena team is at gear 11, but that's it. The rest are waiting for raid gear. About 7 of the characters are at level 80. I have 2 characters with 100 shards waiting for 1M credits. The rest are middling in the level 70s with a few new promotees in the 50s.

I run droids and stunners, and refuse to use Dooku, Ben, or Rey. I prefer to be different. Its more fun. I rank in the 20s and low 30s at cash out time in Arena. I finish in the 20s on T7 raids. The rewards at these tiers allow for steady progression.

At the hard times for GW, I was completing GW every other day. Over the last week or so, I have been able to complete it daily. And the only reason I have been able to do this is because I invested a lot of time in the characters outside of the arena squad.

Bottom line from all this--you don't have to spend money to be competitive. You may not score #1 in the arena, but you can be competitive and have fun. You can do it for free. Or you can waste your money and speed up progression. Your call. But you have to understand that the game's intent for GW is to give you a long-term objective to work towards. It's all about how much time you have invested in your bench.
  • Options
    Agree...

A fair question.

I have been playing since early December. I dropped $50 when I started in December, and haven't paid a penny since. Once I realized I could still be competitive with the rest of the paying folks on my shard as a F2P player, I regretted paying the money I did. I have logged on every day straight since I installed the game in December. Every. Day. Not a penny since my original $50.

I have 22 7* characters. Most are at gear 9. My arena team is at gear 11, but that's it. The rest are waiting for raid gear. About 7 of the characters are at level 80. I have 2 characters with 100 shards waiting for 1M credits. The rest are middling in the level 70s with a few new promotees in the 50s.

I run droids and stunners, and refuse to use Dooku, Ben, or Rey. I prefer to be different. Its more fun. I rank in the 20s and low 30s at cash out time in Arena. I finish in the 20s on T7 raids. The rewards at these tiers allow for steady progression.

At the hard times for GW, I was completing GW every other day. Over the last week or so, I have been able to complete it daily. And the only reason I have been able to do this is because I invested a lot of time in the characters outside of the arena squad.

Bottom line from all this--you don't have to spend money to be competitive. You may not score #1 in the arena, but you can be competitive and have fun. You can do it for free. Or you can waste your money and speed up progression. Your call. But you have to understand that the game's intent for GW is to give you a long-term objective to work towards. It's all about how much time you have invested in your bench.

You are making my point exactly. Pretty much have the same investment as you do with time and money ($0) and same sort of depth in the roster, yet you're able to complete GW everyday while others with similar investment are not.
  • O8c8h80
    119 posts Member
    Options
    What is up with everyone saying GW takes hours to complete? Are people really retreating that many times?
  • DroidsURLooking4
    365 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Agree...

A fair question.

You are making my point exactly. Pretty much have the same investment as you do with time and money ($0) and same sort of depth in the roster, yet you're able to complete GW everyday while others with similar investment are not.

So if we have the same rosters, same money and time investment, ceterus paribus, what is the difference between you and I in GW? Luck? RNG? You draw a bad set of tables every single day, while I don't?

Not sure if this is a good argument to make. It may lead one to conclude that it is a difference in user technique... which I am sure you do not wish to imply.

• Leebuddy311
    63 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @ droids. My point has always been INBALANCE. Some are able to finish, some face impossible teams, some face easy teams (especially those with high powered arena teams). Definitely not user technique. That's why I wanted to get you input on your investment in the game to try and compare. Thank you for answering. Lucky for you that you have been facing teams that aren't completely impossible. I hope it stays that way for you, otherwise if you do end end up facing the impossible teams, you'll be back here and will understand my frustrations.
  • Options
    Chicago151 wrote: »
    Oh, and one other thing... If the contention of the developers is that GW is WAI when battle 6 opponent kills 5 teams of lvl 80, g8, g9 or g10 characters without killing a single opponent character, I would provide the following analogy...

When you go to a restaurant and the chef takes a massive dump on your plate and then serves it to you, that is the kitchen working as intended.

I keep seeing people use the term WAI can someone tell me what this means. Thanks
  • Options

You apply for that cheerleader position at EA, yet?
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    Options
    Still waiting on win #150 in GW, at 149 as of now. Over 3 weeks now. Yeah this is fun and challenging
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    I feel myself changing my mind about GW's dificulty after all this time. Yes, i complained as well about the dificulty, but only because the rewards aren't (imo) worth the hard work. Yet, i still can complete GW everyday adn yes, node 6, 9, 11 and 12 are hard for real. But still, with a few retreats and some changing in my strategy if needed, it is fairly doable.

So i start to wonder, either some players are having a GW bug for real or it's the same for everyone and the ones who fail at it are clearly missing something out about how to finish their GW.

I'm lvl 64, so i don't know if it's only happening to some 80 lvls or if there's no bug at all.

PS: I've seen some whales and old players with great rosters complain about this impossible GW, so i guess there is something really broken, maybe a few codes do fix, idk... But if regular ppl can do it, why the supposed 'strongest players (PTW)' can't? Shouldn't it be otherwise lol?

• The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    Or maybe, just maybe, the problem is ppl are getting only 5 characters to their max and gears while leaving their B-C teams without upgrades... This would actually be a reasonable answer to why ppl are getting such a impossible task... I mean, i mantain my A-B team always at the same lvl and geared, sometimes i think my B team would have a arena power greater than my A team lol... Never checked it though...

But that's it, just an idea...