KNOWN ISSUES - 12/23/2015

Replies

• Options
    Also, another bug/issue, some players have received a "we're sorry" email from CG regarding the Cantina issue with compensation and others have not. As someone who had to deal with that issue, I'm annoyed about the one-sided nature of this. Please make sure you're able to propagate emails like this to the entire player-base.
  • Options
    Starkiller wrote: »
    Wow, some forum moderation is in order in this thread lol. I actually thought the purpose of this thread when I came in was to help identify more bugs to add to the "known bugs" list. To that end, I would like to bring it to EA_Jesse's attention that Galactic War is bugged when it selects your opponent. Often players are seeing opponents 7-15 levels higher (as high as level 60!!) when their own level is 38-45. That's a titanic issue and bug because it really holds players back (especially F2P) from progressing in the game. Please make this a #1 priority for fixing. Thanks!
    While I am trying to hold off on conspiracy, certain bugs might not be bugs to the other side of the board. Do you see non paid bugged chars? I havent seen one. Regarding galactic, you can beat a series of teams 13+ levels above you with good rotation. I did, but it means you need very good team and hence $
  • Options
    davida8546 wrote: »
    While I am trying to hold off on conspiracy, certain bugs might not be bugs to the other side of the board. Do you see non paid bugged chars? I havent seen one. Regarding galactic, you can beat a series of teams 13+ levels above you with good rotation. I did, but it means you need very good team and hence $

Trust me when I say it's not intended :)
  • Options
    Please fix the broken ability upgrades that cause you to nerf your character with an EXTRA cooldown turn instead of reducing it one. I paid to have to wait 5 turns to heal.
  • Options
    Sorry "bruh" but their credit card compaies won't agree and will send a happy little charge back for bait and switch tactics. They'll get their money back. Even though the great and opinionated Pokebreaker doesn't think so.
  • Options
    I just started with the Android release so my experience is limited. I am currently ~100 on my server and have gone up against plenty of Dooku/Barris teams. I have Dooku but not Bariss. Dooku/Barris is not an "I win" once you figure out how to attack the squad. It's all about tactics and knowing your own squad. I like it.
  • Options
    HOW ABOUT THE GEAR UPGRADE BUGS???

Sorry for all caps, but I've wrote about it here, I've sent support tickets, I got no reply anywhere and this issue still keep being ignored.

Example: there is an ability which cools down in 4 turns. I make a "cooldown -1" upgrade and it cools down in 5 turns afterwards.
    Or there is an ability which gives 13% of something. I make "+2%" upgrade, and now this ability gives 11%.
    It happens to different characters for some (but not all) abilities, and is really very annoying. COULD ANYBODY PLEASE TAKE A NOTE OF THIS?
  • Options
    Lol I always thought it was my gorilla hands, not a bug.

Also, this isn't really a bug, but it is quite funny. Once in arena my opponent and I were both down to chewy with similar gear and level but the self heal unlocked. There was absolutely no way for either one of us to kill each other as the heal overshadows the damage dealt. I just put it on auto combat and watched the monkey business. Was frustrating but hilarious nonetheless
  • Options
    Wainge wrote: »
    I don't think Count Dooku and Barriss Offee have to be nerfed. I have encountered team with Barriss and Dooku and I have no problem on winning the match. Dooku doesn't have much health and can be finished easily when you get a high damage character. Barriss is good at healing, but I don't think it is unbeatable. Once you have Sid or ig88 to immune your target from healing, no matter how great the healing is, you still can't heal them. That being said, you just need different tatics and strategy on different opponents. That is the beauty of the game. If you nerfed both of them, the balance of the character will be ruined and I think many of the players will eventually quit and stop buying crystal. If they should be nerfed, Old Ben and Darth Maul Should too. Maul gave over 4k critical damage of AoE attack which is ridiculous. Old Ben blocks all ability and reduces damage for 3 rounds can simply end the match right away. Lando hit AOE every round is also overpowered. Every character has their own value. If you put the right one together, even the weakest five of them can become a powerful team.

Hello my name is Wainge i have 2 kids but i can't feed them because i bought all swgoh content with my wage, but now i am happy
  • Options
    @Opal1201 wrote: »
    @Wainge wrote: »
    I don't think Count Dooku and Barriss Offee have to be nerfed. I have encountered team with Barriss and Dooku and I have no problem on winning the match. Dooku doesn't have much health and can be finished easily when you get a high damage character. Barriss is good at healing, but I don't think it is unbeatable. Once you have Sid or ig88 to immune your target from healing, no matter how great the healing is, you still can't heal them. That being said, you just need different tatics and strategy on different opponents. That is the beauty of the game. If you nerfed both of them, the balance of the character will be ruined and I think many of the players will eventually quit and stop buying crystal. If they should be nerfed, Old Ben and Darth Maul Should too. Maul gave over 4k critical damage of AoE attack which is ridiculous. Old Ben blocks all ability and reduces damage for 3 rounds can simply end the match right away. Lando hit AOE every round is also overpowered. Every character has their own value. If you put the right one together, even the weakest five of them can become a powerful team.

Hello my name is Wainge i have 2 kids but i can't feed them because i bought all swgoh content with my wage, but now i am happy

Sick burn bro!

Any person who is half way competent at this game immediately means they spend all their time playing the game and life savings on buying IAP yeah?

I have no issues fighting Barriss and Dooku either.
    I don't use Barriss in my team.
    I've only spent $10 on this game ($5 for Dooku pack, and $5 for the crystal pack). So yeah, you're right. I couldn't afford to buy lunch for one day because that was all of my wage spent on a game.

I guess I need to rethink my purpose in life. :'(
  • Options

Lol, I dont have kids yet. Thinking about this, EA would be doing a huge favor to people who have bad habiit of spending too much money in mobile games by nerfing and power creep chars. Money lost is lost but we save more in future. So it s actually good either way.

• Options
    Quick question as I've noticed something similar in summoner's war, Barris's skill is to balance the HP first right? so following same principle, it means she doesn't heal rather, if one of her allies is full even with heal immunity, she'd still regen full hp :D
  • Options
    There should be no need to nerf characters. Ppl just need to learn how to fight around it.
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • Options
    With the tie fighter pilot Dooku is a target practice ...stop crying and found a strategy to beat those so call op characters
    Chewie is annoying with his taunt that's for sure but if you remove or nerf that I'll be useless. If it's not broken don't fix it cause if you nerf a character you will unbalance things for another one
  • Options
    A lot of defense of dooku. I read lando mentioned as more op, because crits. I read that you just need to target dooku with high damage. The problem is that dooku will return damage on focus, lando will not. Dooku will gain a turn advantage sooner on focus, lando will not. I'd like to point out that dooku can also crit, and receives many more opportunities to do so. According to this logic in defense of dooku, dooku would logically be more powerful than lando.
    In regards to "attack dooku last" arguments:
    People seem to forget that dooku must eventually be focused, and his kit allows him to keep up with two opponents on equal footing. It creates this paradox where both focusing dooku first and saving him for last result in a disadvantage. His only real counter are lucky stun prox. But those are far less reliable than dooku counter attacks, and most characters with stun carry some of the lowest defenses in the game to where it is rarely favorable. So unless you stomp the rest of his team to where you have three remaining characters to pin down dooku, you just have to be extremely lucky.
    Just look at the amount of ability text he has. Among it a 100% prox chance (unheard of elsewhere) that has the capability to prox half of his already extensive kit. Anyone with a programming background knows exactly what I mean when you realize it's a "recursive" kit.
  • Options
    How strong a char is should be based on rarity. Barriss should be stronger/more useful than say Sid. Sid is very easy to get and star up. It takes months to get her to 7*. If she is not more useful, who would ever try to get her shards. If they nerfed her to the point that she's more or less average, then the game would be broken.

I think the balance in the game is not bad currently. It's not about balancing the chars, it is about the way EA sell their bundles. Old Ben, Lando, Aaayla are strong but people don't have to face them that often so they don't complain.

EA sells rarer toon like Dooku at $5 and many people bought him. F2P players see him everywhere. At early stage it is hard to deal with him effectively and F2P players are at a huge disadvantage. And for some reasons I saw him attacks 4 times in one turn more often than not.
  • Faby
    16 posts Member
    Options
    I own a Dooku to and i must agree that his counteratacks are just to much for a normal and fun game play , please fix it or do something about it ...
  • Options
    Don't nerf anybody please, the game is more balanced then it has ever been, changing the game will make a lot of people's hard spent time potentially go to waste
  • Options
    Has anyone else noticed that the token drop percentage seems to have been reduced? In cantina and had missions I'm averaging about a 20% drop rate of tokens. With the energy refill being incredibly slow, we won't get new characters for months at this rate!
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Actually it violate apples terms and conditions for mobile app and just like with Dragon age heroes you can submit a not working as intended refund request through iTunes and it will be granted within 90 days if they Nerf or are changing advertised character pack you bought because it was advertised with a set of stats and for a set amount of money so if they want to give us the money back then more power to them and if they do not then apple will I'm unsure how Google play effects Purchases as I only have iOS devices

Tired of kids giving **** answers we paid real cash and sorry you did not but f2p rants do t get to mess with my money so dooku and bariss nice 55 buck to get back

Thanks!
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • SenpaiBishop
    153 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Just to make it clear, i do not own Bariss, but i think if people bought her for somewhat reasonable $, it shouldn't be nerfed. I am tottally fine with that.
    Ofcourse they are OP compared to F2P characters, dunno what people expected.
  • Options
    There's no reason to nerf Barriss and Dooku. A game can't make decisions simply due to some people whining about an issue they don't want to counter. Ignoring Dooku when facing him is incredibly easy. He is squishy as well. Barriss makes things more difficult, but again, she isn't a game breaker. It's silly to even think of nerfing any monster that people can't kill easily. So will all characters simply be the same with different looks in a few months?

Not to mention the ethical issues of putting the pack out for money, having people buy it, and then nerfing it shortly after. Will you give Barriss and Dooku owners their money back when it's nerfed? Will you give us free shards? I mean, you are diminishing the return of our money due to people who aren't willing to spend any. That doesn't seem fair at all.

Don't nerf, simply create counters with later updates. That's how balance is created. Nerf something I just bought and I won't spend another penny as I'll assume anything that I buy is going to be deemed OP at some point and nerfed.
  • Options
    Starkiller wrote: »
    Also, another bug/issue, some players have received a "we're sorry" email from CG regarding the Cantina issue with compensation and others have not. As someone who had to deal with that issue, I'm annoyed about the one-sided nature of this. Please make sure you're able to propagate emails like this to the entire player-base.

That sucks. I never received a we're sorry email, either.
  • Options
    Should add Plo Koon to the known list. His dispel type basic attack does not work on anything other than the taunt buff, similar issue to ventress
  • Options
    Bariss doesn't need a nerf, just a bug fix. The debuff that makes heals not affect the target does not work against her when she heals.
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Options
    Luke skywalker loses 4% tenacity from lvl1-2, cant tell if its display issue or not. Old dakas second target stun is much less then 40%.
  • Options
    Time wrote: »
    Luke skywalker loses 4% tenacity from lvl1-2, cant tell if its display issue or not. Old dakas second target stun is much less then 40%.

You talking about his leadership skill?

I've noticed a display bug with the leadership skill of some other characters too where it does this. The values drop when going from level 1 to level 2 but then go back up from level 3 onwards.

I think what's happening is that the skill is showing the description for skill level 3 or 4 instead at level 1. But you're not actually getting that level of the benefits/effects, it's only displaying incorrectly.

Unfortunately I can't confirm it myself and haven't been able to take screenshots of the issue for bug reporting.
  • Options
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    you can submit a not working as intended refund request through iTunes and it will be granted within 90 days if they Nerf or are changing advertised character pack you bought because it was advertised with a set of stats and for a set amount of money

Actually seeing as how the Bariss purchase only guarantees a 4 star Bariss and other characters while the Dooku purchase only guarantees a 3 star Dooku, then nerfing those characters stats, while keeping their star levels the same, would not be changing what was promised. You were never guaranteed certain stats on character, just star levels. Saying that because you paid for a broken character so they shouldn't fix it is illogical and makes you sound like one of those kids you complain about. IMBA characters break games if they aren't addressed and it would only make sense that EA wants everyone to continue playing, not just the people who bought Bariss and Dooku. Balancing is a part of every multiplayer game regardless of whether it is P2W or F2P and should be done constantly as issues arrive or new characters are released.

That being said, @EA_Jesse can we please get a bug fix for skill upgrades now. Skills often say one thing but when you pay credits and ability mats to upgrade them, they'll often stay the same or in some cases they'll even get weaker.
  • Options

Actually seeing as how the Bariss purchase only guarantees a 4 star Bariss and other characters while the Dooku purchase only guarantees a 3 star Dooku, then nerfing those characters stats, while keeping their star levels the same, would not be changing what was promised. You were never guaranteed certain stats on character, just star levels. Saying that because you paid for a broken character so they shouldn't fix it is illogical and makes you sound like one of those kids you complain about. IMBA characters break games if they aren't addressed and it would only make sense that EA wants everyone to continue playing, not just the people who bought Bariss and Dooku. Balancing is a part of every multiplayer game regardless of whether it is P2W or F2P and should be done constantly as issues arrive or new characters are released.

That being said, @EA_Jesse can we please get a bug fix for skill upgrades now. Skills often say one thing but when you pay credits and ability mats to upgrade them, they'll often stay the same or in some cases they'll even get weaker.
    You really think so, lol. You pay for what you see and you should get what you see. You buy an iphone 10s with a very high tech in it for $1000 more than 6s. Later on the company asks you return the 10s to remove the high tech because those 6s guys complain that the high tech put them at a huge disadvantage. When you argue, the company says we guarantee for a 10s, and you get a 10s. Even if we give you a replica, as long as it is labeled as 10s, you have to take it. End of story. We did not guarantee anything else, just a 10s and we need to balance. Sorry, balacing is the company 's problem, not ours.

About legal issues, frankly I did not read the TOS, all games are kinda the same in that aspect, why bother. They pretty much have their *** covered, that s what I know long time ago. But you expect that even a half decent company would make sure that your money is well spent and you get what you see.

But these are just sidetrack. I do care about balance. Main thing to consider is are they really Op for such rarity compare to the chars that are available for free and so easy to get.
  • Master_Resticon
    32 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Apples and Cannonballs, Davida. The two have nothing to do with the other. Nice job knocking down that Strawman though.

A brand new game, especially one made by a company like EA, is bound to have bugs and balancing issues initially which will need to be addressed. Then here I see a bunch of people complaining because they paid for Barriss and feel that since they paid, they should be guaranteed a significant advantage. An advantage that goes far beyond simply having the extra 4 star healer that they were guaranteed, a 4-star healer that they will still have even if her unblockable God-mode heal gets nerfed.

The best way to reduce her strength in the early game and bring her back to normal for late-game play would be to reduce the strength of her heal in the early ability levels and then raise it in the later ability levels. For example, simply make her ability balance all characters hp in the early ability levels and around level 5 make it balancing plus 10% extra and then a later level can do balancing plus 20-25%.