Farming for Rey seems A LOT harder now

Prev13
I sim and sim and sim and Rey is nowhere to be found, maybe 1 out of 9 sims. Was she this hard before the last patch?

Replies

• Options
    3+ month farm.
  • Options
    Don't unless collecting toons.
    For PVP very few use her.
    I kill her first round whenever I see her.
  • Options
    So glad I pulled her from Chromium Packs. She does insane one-hit-ko's. Too bad i'll probably get her to 5* tho.
  • Nzchimeran
    165 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Kerraii wrote: »
    I sim and sim and sim and Rey is nowhere to be found, maybe 1 out of 9 sims. Was she this hard before the last patch?

Once EA know a toon is popular, they will tweak the rates in a hope you will spend money.
    EA are scrupulous IMO for getting blood out of stones.
    I've bought over 10x 8 chromium pack in last two days.
    I never once saw her or the first order pilot, duuko, poa etc.
    But I got so many of everything else to the point many are four and five stars.
    So yeah, I believe it's very far from even random chances with the best toons.
    Cards seem rigged.
    Out of 80 cards not a single shard for any of those top wanted toons.
    I love how the cards say 8 pack is best chance blah blah blah.... 80 cards and nil chance

• Options
    Kylo Ren is the same for me. He was easy farming until update. Now I am getting maybe 1 in 10 or thereabouts.
  • Options
    Kylo Ren is the same for me. He was easy farming until update. Now I am getting maybe 1 in 10 or thereabouts.

I am having a lot of shards for Kylo. Maybe it's because I don't care one bit abiut him. Never use him. Never dese him when on enemy side? I get 4 per 10 approx.

• Blam
    113 posts Member
    Options
    Nzchimeran wrote: »

Then she served her purpose... She distracted you while my Ewok scout sneakers up behind you and kills your party before they even realize what happened
  • Options
    Op I would r commend reading the post by Qeltar about probability, it's lengthy but a good read with reasonable points made.

But for fun I will mention I've used all 6 hard mode pulls for Rey tokens everyday since she has been released and I only have 47/80 shards I need to unlock her.
  • Options
    I've just got her 9shards out of 12 battles yesterday. And yes, some days got nothing.. So keep farming.
  • Options

Yeah? Wait until you find a real challenge, when Rey is 6/7 stars and geared up. She will take out at least 2 of your toons before you get a shot. Her combination of speed, and power are unmatched. She gains foresight on first shot using 2nd attack. Most don't use her because she's not viable until 6 stars, and farming her is awfully expensive.
  • Mala
    34 posts Member
    Options
    Is same after update,1 for day or 0 ...
  • Options
    I agree, Rey's drop shard drop rate is a joke, I think I'll give up farming her. Kylo's drop rate for the past 5-6 days has been a steady 1/2 for me so no complaints on that one.
  • Options
    I went 6 out of 9 for Rey today
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    They deny the changes, but regular players can confirm that the drop rates have changed since the update. Certain characters have been made more difficult, so I abandoned farming them and just rely on shipments to upgrade them now like Luminara and IG86. I'm doing Biggs slowly and he's farming normally, so is Poggle...
  • Options
    kylo seems a lot tougher to get for me
  • Options
    Kylo: Pulls per day

13,12,14,14,11,13,14,15, latest patch, 7,6,8,7,8

Rey:

2,3,3,3,2,4,3,4,1,3,4,3,2,2, patch, 0,0,0,0,1

No nerf at all.

IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Options
    3/3 today, but most days I get one or zero.
  • Options
    jeremyj26 wrote: »

Rey:

No nerf at all.

same thing here for me with kylo, i used to get 12-15/day, now i get 8-10.
  • ZoloRunningstrider
    142 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I have been getting exactly the same drop rates the entire time. Mine have always **** so I would know haha
  • Mala
    34 posts Member
    Options
    upgrade from any fragment
  • Kr4itok_
    269 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I don't think drops have changed in the least. People just see patterns where there aren't any and don't know what truly random really is or can look like.
  • Options

Right, you kill her first but I take out your 1 or 2 healers and then you are done...I want to use her as a PvP pawn. and of course an assist deck
  • Options
    I agree, Rey's drop shard drop rate is a joke, I think I'll give up farming her. Kylo's drop rate for the past 5-6 days has been a steady 1/2 for me so no complaints on that one.

I don't mind farming her, but will not spend crystals to free up the farm. I would be happy with 1 per day...it is the 0 for that I hate, like 0 for 6
  • Options

Rey:

No nerf at all.

How are you getting that many attempts? Are you spending the crystals to do so, or are there more places then the level 2 hard?
  • Options
    I got 5 of 6 today :) haters gon hate
  • Options
    They deny the changes, but regular players can confirm that the drop rates have changed since the update. Certain characters have been made more difficult, so I abandoned farming them and just rely on shipments to upgrade them now like Luminara and IG86. I'm doing Biggs slowly and he's farming normally, so is Poggle...

Tell us more about what it takes to be a regular player.
  • Options
    Overall I'm having average drop rates, some more, some less. Dooku has been better since the patch, while Rey retains her cruel joke drop rate. It was abysmal before, and after the patch.
  • Options

Rey:

No nerf at all.

How are you getting that many attempts? Are you spending the crystals to do so, or are there more places then the level 2 hard?

For Rey? She can be farmed in 5 as well.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • ThalosKirano
    728 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Ok, having just used a full refresh for Kylo and getting ONE shard I am now in agreement that they've nerfed the drop rate. I also went 1/6 for Dooku. If this continues I'll quit playing the game, I play to unlock heroes and I'm not going to spend 3 months on 1 character. It's ridiculous, before the update I got 1/2 from farming Kylo or 1/4 at the very worst, now I'm getting 1/13.
    Post edited by Hozilla on
  • Options

Once EA know a toon is popular, they will tweak the rates in a hope you will spend money.
    EA are scrupulous IMO for getting blood out of stones.
    I've bought over 10x 8 chromium pack in last two days.
    I never once saw her or the first order pilot, duuko, poa etc.
    But I got so many of everything else to the point many are four and five stars.
    So yeah, I believe it's very far from even random chances with the best toons.
    Cards seem rigged.
    Out of 80 cards not a single shard for any of those top wanted toons.
    I love how the cards say 8 pack is best chance blah blah blah.... 80 cards and nil chance

None of this is true.

Drop rates haven't changed. Drop rates aren't different for different nodes or characters.

Please see the awesome post @Qeltar authored which I stickied.

Thanks.