Emperor Palpatine is OP.

Replies

• Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    DrNocard wrote: »
    just because the meta is shifting doesn't make one character op. EP is a FTP character. And if it came down to mods then doesn't it always come down to mods these days? Shouldn't we be happy that this supposedly op toon not a p2p exclusive?

You should be laughing that droids have always been and continue to be viable in arena.

Every meta has a counter. I just named several. Blow up EP with faster toons such as droids (your counter), Rex or Yoda (mine), a faster EP, Han Solo. And if someone doesn't have any of those options then maybe the guy that farmed the 7* EP and modded him with speed and potency deserves to win?
    I am lucky droids are going to be fine against EP.

The problem with EP.... he doesn't have a counter. Yes, you can beat him with Yoda. Yes, I can beat EP with Droids. EP will beat either of us..... The problem is there are about 75% of my shard which does not have EP. or Droids. Or Yoda. And they can't beat EP. Guess who they will attack? Us. While the black hoods lay around the watering hole, like a herd of vultures, napping with bloated bellies.

Yes, EP is F2P. Does that make the guy that farmed 7* EP deserve to win? Why? Cuz he heard a hint about farming rebels 2 months ago on the radio? And he believed it would mean anything?

I was told to farm scoundrels for big rewards. And I got shafted with a 6 star cad bane, when it turns out I could have soloed the event with just ST Han a month later. I don't listen to every whisper of "great rewards" that EA dishes out. I bet this super rare event comes back in one month. And I bet EP is neutered by then, too. :)

Haha I enjoyed that read. That's where we agree I suspect EP will be back a la Yoda event. :)

We can agree to disagree. I think there are sufficient counters to EP, and you don't think so. But really, just give it time - it always takes a bit before things balance out.

I think there are sufficient counters, if you learn to buy toons play. The F2P methods of beating him on offense do not amount to counters in any meaning of the word. E.g. Rex is a counter to droids. Rex lead can play in top end arena bowing to no one. And he can defend against droids. X is a counter to EP. You fill in the blank. Maybe Rex can be up there... even he is an expensive toon, yet.

1. EP is f2p true or not true? You had a chance to get him. Maybe you did maybe you didn't. Fact is, he was open for everyone. Maybe you didn't have the roster for it. I don't know. But he is f2p. Stop making it sound as if he is a p2p issue.

2. You suggest EP is OP. But you admit that your droids can beat him. Wait, so does that mean droids are OP? Are not droids able to beat any team? Hmmm.

3. I've suggested making a fast offensive team to beat EP since he is slow AF. But somehow you say that doesn't count, since you say maybe they have Rg and I guess you don't have a taunt dispel? Hmmmm. And what do you mean beating a team in offense doesn't count? And now you're talking about Rex? So is Rex OP now or is it EP?

4. I've suggested using Yoda or Rex. You zero in on Rex because he is p2p. Wait. He's in shipments. You haven't addressed that Yoda neutralizes EP. He has a 35 speed advantage over EP. Use him.

5. Use Han Solo. He is f2p.

6. There are plenty of f2p players who have 7* EP. I know because some are in my guild. They tweaked and tinkered and some tried over 20+ times to beat EP. Maybe they should be rewarded for their perseverance with a good character don't you think? Or are you simply upset that your droid team is being challenged?
  • Options
    You think it's working as intended that his team OU buff, 100% TM gain, refresh stun for 2 turns, and 100% self heal happen to also give his team 20% TM while Han is taunting?

Heck, I have toons I would rather attack my own Han with, even though I don't get any of those terrific other things.

If this is the case, WAI, then you should be able to proc TM on Han taunt with Barisse heal, too? Provided Han has more health than average.

I want a new ability. Han should be able to shoot himself in the foot to give everyone TM. And on a crit, he gets to immediately shoot off his other foot.
    I lol'ed at this. Thanks for the info. I guess that's another reason why my team has been doing better than expected. I have not once lost a battle on offense since Palpatine came in. Including battles with a g8 Palpatine against a maxed Rex lead team. He is as top tier as they come.
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Palpatine is nearly perfect. He is op, but only his group stun. They just need to lower the stun chance to 40-50%, and the problem will be solved. Touch nothing else!!!
    This is true. Honestly that's all they need to do. Other than that he's a perfectly fine toon. My Palpatine stuns the entire enemy team whenever I'm in trouble.. How can someone lose like that? My team hasn't dropped past rank 14 since big palpi took over. I also can hold #1 easy for several hours.
  • Options
    I'd like to see someone make a coherent argument that EP is a balanced character without using the words "Rex," "Yoda", or "raid Han".

• Options
    EP is extremly strong. 2 turn group stun is just crazy and his other abilities are great too.

I dont like when toons get nerfed but I think the stun should be lowered to 1 turn.
  • Options
    Whatever the meta is, there will be an adjustment period when a new strong character is introduced. Rey took time adjusting to - eventually we found ways around her... And omitted her entirely from the team in the end.

Then we had dodge meta old Ben.
    We requested counters to dodge meta for months; I know I did, and I was using him. Then we get a counter to the dodge meta, that's f2p, and we are complaining again? I really do not want to playing dodgeball with old ben's balls for another six months.

Now we have declarations that JKA is too poweful, Wiggs is too powerful, Lando is too powerful, Droids are too powerful, Rey is still too powerful, EP is too powerful, STHan and Poe are making a comeback, Rex is too powerful, B2 is too poweful, SF is still too powerful, My grandma is too powerful!!

I don't think any of those characters are "OP" as each have weaknesses and drawbacks that can be exploited. If anything is broken, it's the speed secondaries on mods. That stuff is whack - but kudos to whoever took the time/resources to get them.
  • Options
    Emperor Palpatine is just fine the way he is, leave him a lone. People wanted Rey to be nerfed and she wasn't and people found a way to beat her. People now think Wiggs needs to be nerfed but people have already posted ways to beat them. Now people want Palps to be nerfed HOW ABOUT NOOOOOOOO.

FIND A WAY TO BEAT HIM AND GET OVER IT!
  • Options
    If you think Emperor is OP, then you clearly don't have him.

Just stun him.

He's squishy.

EVERY reason given as to why "Rey is not OP" applies to Emperor.
  • Options
    If you think Emperor is OP, then you clearly don't have him.

Just stun him.

He's squishy.

EVERY reason given as to why "Rey is not OP" applies to Emperor.

+1 they need to buff player not nerf them - buff Boba and Maul and other useless toons and leave the good fun ones a lone.

Next we will be hearing about nerfing Ugnaught
  • Options
    I think the players who spend money to support the game and get ahead should be rewarded. This includes those who have broader rosters who were able to get Palpy.

Chondrosarcoma- Chondro3150#0907
  • Options
    DrNocard wrote: »
    So in the end, it wasn't EP beating the world . It's the person's armament and team composition. Meaning, the person was Winning before EP was out and is still winning now after EP.
    This is not what I see. I see EP teams converging at the top and pushing out the old faces. My droids are getting targeted more, already. Now that top 20 is filled with these EP teams, which a lot of the other F2P teams can't beat.

Why not make a better EP team? Ok, is just money and more money to make EP team to beat another EP team. It's the difference between a little speed here or there. A couple sweet health/protection secondaries. On potency mod sets, of course. And that takes a lot o mod rolls. So that's fine, if you like p2w. And if you got EP in this "extremely rare event."

I use droids, so I can beat any EP team, so far. But I'm getting secondary effect. And the guys who are still trying to roll with phasma and dooku and ben.... hahaaha. G'bye.

The Anni effect was nothing compared to PE. This changed my arena overnight. If your arena is already full with Wiggs and B2, then u do not know the landslide that is PE to other shards.

just because the meta is shifting doesn't make one character op. EP is a FTP character. And if it came down to mods then doesn't it always come down to mods these days? Shouldn't we be happy that this supposedly op toon not a p2p exclusive?

You should be laughing that droids have always been and continue to be viable in arena.

Every meta has a counter. I just named several. Blow up EP with faster toons such as droids (your counter), Rex or Yoda (mine), a faster EP, Han Solo. And if someone doesn't have any of those options then maybe the guy that farmed the 7* EP and modded him with speed and potency deserves to win?

This

Chondrosarcoma- Chondro3150#0907
  • Options
    I'd like to see someone make a coherent argument that EP is a balanced character without using the words "Rex," "Yoda", or "raid Han".

The meta is always heavily influenced by a couple characters, now there are a couple more. Every character should have a counter and those are EPs counters, 2 of 3 are F2P. The only problem is neither Yoda nor Rex counter him on defense because of their AI.

• Aniema
    602 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Teague wrote: »
    Aniema wrote: »
    You nerf kids are a cancer to all online games. You nerf people are the reason online go down the toilet.

Would it kill you all to learn how to play? For crying out loud use Yoda, get him to 215 speed. Even on defense he uses battle meditation on his first turn..that right there blocks Palpatene intial area of effect stun. From there you use your best damage dealers and kill him before he goes again.

If that's too hard for you to do then find another game.

So the answer is one specific character that can counter him.... and if you don't want to use that character, you're screwed? That's just silly. Get real. If he only has one counter, he is OP and needs a huge nerf.

You get real. Yoda isn't the only one that can counter EP. You can use Han Solo from the raids he gets a first turn..stun cough cough. By your logic Qgj is OP cause most people use hi to dispel the RG that's in every squad.

Learn to play nub.

Anyone who thinks he's OP is by default a "nub" lol. I guess we see why your profile has bars.

Anyone who uses him shouldn't really get a say in if he's OP. You're taking advantage of his OP-ness. Of course you don't want him nerfed. But fact remains, the only time I've ever lost in arena without taking out a single enemy was against Emp. Stunning my entire group. Healing back to 100%. Giving everyone offense up. He's just ridiculous. And if the only answer you can give is to suggest the 2 or 3 characters who can somewhat counter him, that's no answer. No character should require such a specific counter, or lose by default.

That's right. Anyone who can't beat something on this game and quickly comes to the forums crying nerf is a nub by default. He hasn't been out 2 weeks and people are calling for nerfs. That right there is all the proof I need to see this game has a bunch of players with week rosters. Instead of figuring out the right counter toons, mods and strategies you all resort to crying on the forums.

I have jail bars on my avatar cause I'm brutally honest and tell it like it is. I say what the mods and devs can't say and I'm extremely aggressive about it cause it's the truth. I have never complained about a toon being so hard I want the devs to make it easier cause I suck. If people would put in the time figuring out the game mechanics instead of crying nerf then I wouldn't even post in these forums. I can't beat EP teams every single time..but I can beat them. And I'm not gonna cry Boofreakinghoo cause I lose a match. That's what separates me from other people.

• Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options

The thing is, this game is balanced around a series of hard counters. Taunts should be dispelled, dispellers can be stunned or ability blocked, Rey must be debuffed, debuffs can be cleansed, etc. As toons get placed into lineups that can cover for these weaknesses, the pool of available counters gets smaller and more specific.

If you get rid of counters, then a toon will naturally be OP because there isn't any way to react to their skillset. EP has a decently large list of counters - Yoda, Rex, and Han Solo like you mentioned but also JE Droids and any other kind of fast dps. He's way easier to handle than a fast Wiggs Lando lineup, which pretty much requires Rex or Sun Fac to deal with.
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Options
    You nerf kids are a cancer to all online games. You nerf people are the reason online go down the toilet.

Would it kill you all to learn how to play? For crying out loud use Yoda, get him to 215 speed. Even on defense he uses battle meditation on his first turn..that right there blocks Palpatene intial area of effect stun. From there you use your best damage dealers and kill him before he goes again.

So the answer is one specific character that can counter him.... and if you don't want to use that character, you're screwed? That's just silly. Get real. If he only has one counter, he is OP and needs a huge nerf.

You get real. Yoda isn't the only one that can counter EP. You can use Han Solo from the raids he gets a first turn..stun cough cough. By your logic Qgj is OP cause most people use hi to dispel the RG that's in every squad.

Learn to play nub.

Anyone who thinks he's OP is by default a "nub" lol. I guess we see why your profile has bars.

Anyone who uses him shouldn't really get a say in if he's OP. You're taking advantage of his OP-ness. Of course you don't want him nerfed. But fact remains, the only time I've ever lost in arena without taking out a single enemy was against Emp. Stunning my entire group. Healing back to 100%. Giving everyone offense up. He's just ridiculous. And if the only answer you can give is to suggest the 2 or 3 characters who can somewhat counter him, that's no answer. No character should require such a specific counter, or lose by default.

That's right. Anyone who can't beat something on this game and quickly comes to the forums crying nerf is a nub by default. He hasn't been out 2 weeks and people are calling for nerfs. That right there is all the proof I need to see this game has a bunch of players with week rosters. Instead of figuring out the right counter toons, mods and strategies you all resort to crying on the forums.

I have jail bars on my avatar cause I'm brutally honest and tell it like it is. I say what the mods and devs can't say and I'm extremely aggressive about it cause it's the truth. I have never complained about a toon being so hard I want the devs to make it easier cause I suck. If people would put in the time figuring out the game mechanics instead of crying nerf then I wouldn't even post in these forums. I can't beat EP teams every single time..but I can beat them. And I'm not gonna cry Boofreakinghoo cause I lose a match. That's what separates me from other people.

This is the only character I've ever complained about being OP. Sure, there are strong characters, but nothing like this. He's just ridiculous. Group stuns, self heal, team offense up, his leader ability allows Vader to take 3 turns in a row!!

Everyone taking about counters for him. No other character requires such specific counters...

RG: There's a ton of characters who can debuff him, or keep his taunt from happening entirely.

Rey: Just kill her, fast. No specific counter tho.

QGJ: Same as Rey.

Emp: Rex, Yoda or Han. Or your own Emp. That's it.

No other character in the game's counter is so specific.
  • Options
    Those that think EP is a god probably don't have him or on a young shard. Is he strong? Yes. Is he slow AF? Yes. Is he squishy like Rey minus foresight? Yes.

Zooey wrote: »

The thing is, this game is balanced around a series of hard counters. Taunts should be dispelled, dispellers can be stunned or ability blocked, Rey must be debuffed, debuffs can be cleansed, etc. As toons get placed into lineups that can cover for these weaknesses, the pool of available counters gets smaller and more specific.

If you get rid of counters, then a toon will naturally be OP because there isn't any way to react to their skillset. EP has a decently large list of counters - Yoda, Rex, and Han Solo like you mentioned but also JE Droids and any other kind of fast dps. He's way easier to handle than a fast Wiggs Lando lineup, which pretty much requires Rex or Sun Fac to deal with.

+1

Learn to play nub.

This is the only character I've ever complained about being OP. Sure, there are strong characters, but nothing like this. He's just ridiculous. Group stuns, self heal, team offense up, his leader ability allows Vader to take 3 turns in a row!!

Everyone taking about counters for him. No other character requires such specific counters...

RG: There's a ton of characters who can debuff him, or keep his taunt from happening entirely.

Rey: Just kill her, fast. No specific counter tho.

QGJ: Same as Rey.

Emp: Rex, Yoda or Han. Or your own Emp. That's it.

No other character in the game's counter is so specific.

You could also mention counters needed for Wiggs, SF, Rex led clones, Jka - led clones , lando/Jka/STHan teams, AA-lando connection, etc.... There are counters needed for everything.

EP counters (Yoda, Han, Rex, faster EP) you omitted a few: 5) everything you use against Rey you can use against EP. Except EP is slower with similar protection. And he doesn't have foresight. 6) droids 7) Poe. He is fast and can make the other team slower giving you time to blow up anyone, EP included 8) just for fun here is a list of characters that can stun AND are faster than EP: Han, dooku, Daka, urorrur'r'r (couldn't resist lol), HRSc, EK, datcha. You could use any of those to stun EP if you're worried about him. None of those could do that to Rey. Aayla and Luke are 3 speed slower if you're wondering.

EP doesn't need specific counters. Everything that works on low protection characters work against him, except he is super slow, unlike Rey (speed + foresight). In addition to that point, he can ALSO be hard countered. If you're having trouble with EP, you're going to have a lot more trouble with Wiggs.

• Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    blah blah blah - don't nerf anyone, stop complaining, it's just a game and everyone has weaknesses.
  • Options
    I had to take emp out of lead and put dooku back in because opposing droid teams were going right for him in the alpha strike and with way ppl have modded their droids ability block is highly likely to land from 88 or HK. I think he is very powerful but I think it fits. He is the friggin emperor lol.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Broda wrote: »
    Nerf asap please

EP is *NOT* OP. I see the SAME comments for Yoda event (pre nerf) in the beginning when we talked about Dooku \ Daka meta, then again with Rey, now with EP.

This is called "bringing balance to the force". EP is not OP, if you built an arena team a certain way of COURSE you will be crying because now you have to tailor your team to beat EP.

I have Phasma (L), 3 Clones, CT-5555, Echo, Sgt, and RG.

I CRUSHED EP (and the squad) with no problem, he only attacked ONCE. Learn how to play and you won't whine anymore.

My team is stacked speed \ tenacity. EP is good vs Jedi and teams with low tenacity. The one time EP did get off his shock it did nothing, didn't even feel it.

I love the fact EP brings a totally different look, it shows some different ways to win and forces you to change up.. that is GOOD.

So get a better arena team, stop whining that EP is OP because he isn't, this is the SAME old whining and complaints with EVERY new event, its just NEW you don't know how to win... YET, you will learn or keep dying. That's called GAMING and having fun, don't know why this is a foreign concept.

I wasn't having fun until I leveled my clone team now I figured out how to make them viable. Tweak mods, get better mods, play to the characters strength don't just throw any old mods at them..

LOOK at the team BUILD a dynasty and you will win, and even if you don't win.. Why do you play? Is it to WIN or have fun, if you whine because you don't WIN every time, you don't DESERVE to win. its a GAME entertainment and fun that's all you can expect.

Anything beyond that is a bonus.
  • Options
    Yeah I'm sort of a dolphin I don't have any p2p only toons so no Rex although I've been buying sun fac shipments.... Yeah no Yoda either because I refused to farm toons like JC and bariss to get him... I'll have him next event cause I just finished aayla.... Current squad is JKA, RG, Rey, 5s, and qgj..... I was totally destroying everyone until this old fart got let out of his cage

So because one toon is beating your squad, you're going to cry OP? Just put in Han Solo and pop him right in the gizzard.

And who does not have Han Solo? Ackbar with tenacity mods... maybe.

Nah that won't work cuz Palp's potency is so high.

I disagree high tenacity is the key to beating EP.. he isn't tough he just exploits YOUR weakness..there is a difference.
  • Options
    Yeah I'm sort of a dolphin I don't have any p2p only toons so no Rex although I've been buying sun fac shipments.... Yeah no Yoda either because I refused to farm toons like JC and bariss to get him... I'll have him next event cause I just finished aayla.... Current squad is JKA, RG, Rey, 5s, and qgj..... I was totally destroying everyone until this old fart got let out of his cage

So because one toon is beating your squad, you're going to cry OP? Just put in Han Solo and pop him right in the gizzard.

2 raids until Han is 7*. Waiting on that

You don't need him 7*. Just put him in for Fives and stun Palpatine at the beginning then whack his 15% armor *** with Rey and there's that.

NICE!
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

Uh so you think everyone here had 7* day one? Ever heard of good things to those who wait? So you can't beat him.. THIS time there is next time..

This game isn't designed to win you have to BUILD your team over time and figure out your strategy.. you are not going to win every even even if you have the best characters...

For one you need a stunner, Cad, Daka, or high damage AOE, IG-88.. you have single attack damage dealers you need to make a better overall team..
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Jedi_Yoda wrote: »

I disagree high tenacity is the key to beating EP.. he isn't tough he just exploits YOUR weakness..there is a difference.
    @Jedi_Yoda

If you are stacking tenacity, there is something wrong with you. Throw in a dodge lead like Old Ben with an ST Han on speed mods and watch good ol' EP give your team a million turns.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options

Whats the tenacity on your clones? And either way, if you have Rex, using tenacity mods is redundant.
  • Options

You play WoW don't you? This seems exactly like a comment on there, but good advice just the same!

Learn to play is the best advice..

• Options

I've tried higher levels of Tenacity and it's actually not a good counter to high potency levels. Tenacity - Potency is your chance to land the ability after you've achieved the other conditions for an ability to work, plus there is a minimum 15% chance. If you figure that it's very easy for Empire teams to get 50%+ Potency but it's very difficult to get close to 100% Tenacity, most cases the best you have is a 30% to 40% chance to resist an ability. On defense, I had kept track, even at 98% Tenacity Old Ben ability blocked and offense-down my character 100% of the time in my matches. It was 100% of the time, so there's something else that the AI seems to be able to skate around in those calculations. Unfortunately Yoda, Rex, and Han are probably the best counters on offense and maybe with a little luck they'll work on defense too. Either way, I don't think EP is OP at all he's just a strong character.
  • Broda
    310 posts Member
    Options

Uh so you think everyone here had 7* day one? Ever heard of good things to those who wait? So you can't beat him.. THIS time there is next time..

This game isn't designed to win you have to BUILD your team over time and figure out your strategy.. you are not going to win every even even if you have the best characters...

For one you need a stunner, Cad, Daka, or high damage AOE, IG-88.. you have single attack damage dealers you need to make a better overall team..

RG stuns and pretty sure anakin has high damage AOE you have no idea what you're talking about. I beat palp teams now just subbed 5s for han
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    I think if we need to nerf anyone CUP and Ugnaught need to be nerfed, this is the only way there will be balance in this game.
  • Options
    The whole point of Han's TM proc is made moot if you include self-inflicted injuries. I do not care for "realism," arguments. But in this case, all I can imagine is Han rolling around on the ground banging his head and poking himself with a needle while his team gains TM. lolol. If palpatine can do it, why can't Han do it to himself?

The "injuries" from the Emperor are not self inflicted. And I wouldn't advise trying to make sense of what goes on in this game with things making sense in real life. It's a game (based on a fictional movie) about another game (played in said fictional movie.) The only rules it must follow are it's own, just like any other game not based on our reality or any semblance of it. And to answer your question, STH can't hurt himself for turn meter gain because he doesn't have an in-game ability to do that :)