Thank You for the Great Event

Replies

• Options
    This has been an interesting thread to read. I don't have much of an opinion one way or another really. I figure it's up to CG/EA to decide how they feel about what went down this tournament. If they're fine with it, then they'll continue to allow it in future tournaments. If they don't like it, they'll attempt to make changes to prevent it. Simple as that. No need to start a war over it or cast insults at each other.

Then again, I never stressed out about this tournament to begin with. I only spent 90 crystals at the end to bump me up from the 1000s to the 500 bracket (probably could have gotten by just using 15, but wanted to make sure I didn't slip from 900s back out).

I still had some fun with it, it was obvious from the start you weren't going to compete without paying some money, so I had already came to terms that I wouldn't place high. That's probably what made the difference for me. Realistic expectations.

Enjoy everyone who won big, and good luck next time!

This is the healthiest attitude expressed so far. Great points / observations.
  • Options
    Wetwurx wrote: »
    First let me start by saying this is indeed a sincere thank you and congratulations to EA and CG on a fantastic fun filled 3 day event.

Was this Tournament perfect in its delivery or execution? No. Did it finally do what this game has lacked since the start of guilds? Yes. With the exception of Raids where you jointly play albeit separately from your guild mates, this tournament finally delivered an aspect to this game that I and I'm sure many others have been wanting. This tournament allowed you to play with your guild brothers and sisters towards mutual benefit. After all if you can't work jointly to attain better rewards whilst denying them to others what is the point of a guild? I certainly want my guild mates to get better gear, materials and shards drops than some random from Joe Schmo guild. And before you judge, we all fought our way to the top on day one of the event solo. We utilized teamwork to stay there. That's what smart team players do.

For those of you that took umbrage to the use of teamwork and say exploit, I say sour grapes. After all if you had managed to find a way to team up with a guild mate you would have. But since you couldn't, you say exploit and cheat.

I and one of my guild mates both got a 6 star ShoreTrooper and 3 others got him at 5 and 4 stars with some pretty awesome loot to go with. This was the most exciting, fun filled and intense 3 days since I started playing this game in November.

So once again thanks for the fun event. I look forward to its return and other such events. Although I'm sure they will be somewhat differently structured and delivered than this one was, that's fine. We will endeavor to do our best and have fun with this game we love and guild mates that have become great friends over these many months.

Let the hate, discontent and flaming begin.

Boosting is widely considered a form of cheating amongst the gaming community. I've done it in other games sometimes getting away with it and in others found myself banned. I've also played games where boosting is the norm. This isn't that kind of game. So while I consider it in general to be a legitimate strategy for some games, here it is a form of cheating period.
  • Options
    Using exploits: Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.

I know, I'm already looking forward to finding a way to exploit this new raid currency were getting. The wheels are turning quickly!
  • Brownie
    298 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    cheating period.

This guy wins. Period.
  • Options
    First let me start by saying this is indeed a sincere thank you and congratulations to EA and CG on a fantastic fun filled 3 day event.

Was this Tournament perfect in its delivery or execution? No. Did it finally do what this game has lacked since the start of guilds? Yes. With the exception of Raids where you jointly play albeit separately from your guild mates, this tournament finally delivered an aspect to this game that I and I'm sure many others have been wanting. This tournament allowed you to play with your guild brothers and sisters towards mutual benefit. After all if you can't work jointly to attain better rewards whilst denying them to others what is the point of a guild? I certainly want my guild mates to get better gear, materials and shards drops than some random from Joe Schmo guild. And before you judge, we all fought our way to the top on day one of the event solo. We utilized teamwork to stay there. That's what smart team players do.

For those of you that took umbrage to the use of teamwork and say exploit, I say sour grapes. After all if you had managed to find a way to team up with a guild mate you would have. But since you couldn't, you say exploit and cheat.

I and one of my guild mates both got a 6 star ShoreTrooper and 3 others got him at 5 and 4 stars with some pretty awesome loot to go with. This was the most exciting, fun filled and intense 3 days since I started playing this game in November.

So once again thanks for the fun event. I look forward to its return and other such events. Although I'm sure they will be somewhat differently structured and delivered than this one was, that's fine. We will endeavor to do our best and have fun with this game we love and guild mates that have become great friends over these many months.

Boosting is widely considered a form of cheating amongst the gaming community. I've done it in other games sometimes getting away with it and in others found myself banned. I've also played games where boosting is the norm. This isn't that kind of game. So while I consider it in general to be a legitimate strategy for some games, here it is a form of cheating period.

Thanks for your insight.

I didn't know that random forum poster #14389 was the be all and end all of the rules of the game.

comic-book-guy2.jpg
  • Options
    Brownie wrote: »
    cheating period.

This guy wins. Period.

Lol why thank you. I should also mention I caught a couple players doing it and took advantage of that. AND that the gamers who did it this time around should have no fear of a ban as it wasn't 'against the rules' yet.
  • Options
    cheating period.

This guy wins. Period.

Lol why thank you. I should also mention I caught a couple players doing it and took advantage of that. AND that the gamers who did it this time around should have no fear of a ban as it wasn't 'against the rules' yet.

Wait, you consider it cheating, but you did it?

yyibvn.jpg

• Options
    Using exploits: Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.

I know, I'm already looking forward to finding a way to exploit this new raid currency were getting. The wheels are turning quickly!

Great, kid. Don't get cocky.
  • Brownie
    298 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    cheating period.

This guy wins. Period.

I was being facetious...

EetsdaBouss said, "Ok first one is over. Can't say that I'm not relieved. While it was a bit of fun, I see in the forums a lot of frustration. My guild did pretty frickin good which made me a bit envious. I typically place between 75-40 in Arena daily so I was hoping for a good spot on the leaderboards. Unfortunately I placed back around 1100. My competition was tough, plus I didnt really understand what I was doing that first day."

You finish 40-75 in arena daily? Did you think you had a shot at shoretrooper? honestly?

And you even used the tactic to advance? This is the most hypocritical thing I have ever heard. Cheater!
  • Options
    cheating period.

This guy wins. Period.

yyibvn.jpg

Lol no no no. I caught a couple guys putting in blue gear squads and fought them. I assume they were trying to boost, but I was just getting an easy win. I ranked 1100 btw.
  • Options

Great, kid. Don't get ****.

1099077117-pick-up-on-the-sarcasm-funny-quotes.jpg
  • Brownie
    298 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    cheating period.

This guy wins. Period.

yyibvn.jpg

Lol no no no. I caught a couple guys putting in blue gear squads and fought them. I assume they were trying to boost, but I was just getting an easy win. I ranked 1100 btw.

You just lost all credibility. At least the other guys refused to take the easy wins. You condemn us and then participate in the exact thing you are complaining about. It doesn't matter that you didn't set the lineup. You still took advantage of the so-called exploit.

I ranked 5 btw...Shoretrooper is fun!
  • Options
    cheating period.

This guy wins. Period.

I was being facetious...

EetsdaBouss said, "Ok first one is over. Can't say that I'm not relieved. While it was a bit of fun, I see in the forums a lot of frustration. My guild did pretty frickin good which made me a bit envious. I typically place between 75-40 in Arena daily so I was hoping for a good spot on the leaderboards. Unfortunately I placed back around 1100. My competition was tough, plus I didnt really understand what I was doing that first day."

You finish 40-75 in arena daily? Did you think you had a shot at shoretrooper? honestly?

And you even used the tactic to advance? This is the most hypocritical thing I have ever heard. Cheater!

You are purposefully misunderstanding what i said. No I didnt think i had a shot a shoretrooper, I'm a realist. I said others were colluding and I got 2 easy wins, not that I was purposefully boosting. You're reading too much into it, and not what I'm actually saying.
  • ImYourHuckleberry
    1421 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    cheating period.

This guy wins. Period.

I was being facetious...

You are purposefully misunderstanding what i said. No I didnt think i had a shot a shoretrooper, I'm a realist. I said others were colluding and I got 2 easy wins, not that I was purposefully boosting. You're reading too much into it, and not what I'm actually saying.

And you didn't inhale.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Lmoon74
    84 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    ElSkkcm.jpg

I'm blown away by this thread. Guilds who were able take advantage of the defence flaw (I say flaw because ea will not let this happen again I hope) to gain gear and toons over others players goes against the spirit of the game. What you could not do honestly (with a locked defence) only stains this game.
    Pat yourselves on the back. Great job. Snuggle with those toons for Most of us actually pity you. We mock you in our thoughts. I laugh at your audacity to say we did no wrong.

I was lucky to be in a shard that didn't do this and I'm proud in spending about 500 crystals to get #13 and a 4* shore trooper.
    Post edited by Lmoon74 on
  • bitmoji
    143 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    It's not about fun.

Pyramid of tears
    Wife sleeps, dreams of betrayal
    Credit card balance

Children want their dad
    So bad they hide his iPad
    Dad loses his mind

Star Wars universe
    Escape your life, hide from pain
    That is why you fail
  • Brownie
    298 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Lmoon74 wrote: »
    I'm blown away by this thread. Guilds who were able take advantage of the defence flaw (I say flaw because ea will not let this happen again I hope) to gain gear and toons over others players goes against the spirit of the game. What you could not do honestly (with a locked defence) only stains this game.
    Pat yourselves on the back. Great job. Snuggle with those toons for Most of us actually pity you. We mock you in our thoughts. I laugh at your audacity to say we did no wrong.

I was lucky to be in a shard that didn't do this and I'm proud in spending about 500 crystals to get #13 and a 4* shore trooper.

500 crystals? Were you on a baby shard?

Without a pic it didn't happen.

Your mockery of me in your thoughts is heartbreaking...What can I do to regain positive thoughts in your mind?
  • Options
    cheating period.

This guy wins. Period.

I was being facetious...

Re-read...

"It doesn't matter that you didn't set the lineup. You still took advantage of the so-called exploit."

By attacking someone else that was colluding, you were IN FACT, purposefully boosting.
  • Options
    bitmoji wrote: »
    It's not about fun.

Pyramid of tears
    Wife sleeps, dreams of betrayal
    Credit card balance

Children want their dad
    So bad they hide his iPad
    Dad loses his mind

Star Wars universe
    Escape your life, hide from pain
    That is why you fail

I have no idea what this poem means or implies, but I will just leave this here...
    bitmoji wrote: »
    I was on skykrak server and got 6246 points, for 47th place. By the end of the battle last night the scores of the players in the top 75 were very compressed. I kept my rank by spending, and by hitting refresh for hours sniping piggybacking players as they passed by.

It's a bit insane that all that effort and money was spent for so little reward.

• Options
    @Darth_Barf We do in fact have an opening. PM me your Ally code and we can discuss it.
  • Options
    I doesn´t matter wether one calls it exploit or opportunity or strategy or trick....there have been several opinions about it so far and i´m not going to add another BUT: If this kind of winning a tournament is bound to continue in the future, then it would be fair by EA to make sure, that at least a few guild mates are in each tournament list. I couldn´t have used the "exploit" even if i had wanted to, because it seems i was the only one of my guild in this special tournament group....and concerning the way the event was won by some people THIS could be called unfair ;-)
    The sound of a TIE Fighter engine was created by combining an elephant bellow and a car driving on wet pavement.
  • Options
    cheating period.

This guy wins. Period.

I was being facetious...

Re-read...

"It doesn't matter that you didn't set the lineup. You still took advantage of the so-called exploit."

By attacking someone else that was colluding, you were IN FACT, purposefully boosting.

Ok fair enough. I can respect that view. When you put it that way your view on what I did makes perfect sense. In that case yes I sound hypocritical as fk. My intention was to be as honest and objective as possible in my view on boosting. I'm a longtime gamer and have seen it in many forms, so I feel I can be a voice of reason when looking at it from my perspective. Apparently not lol cuz I've been trolled out.
  • Options
    It's a bunch of haiku. This game is clinically insane.
  • Options
    I doesn´t matter wether one calls it exploit or opportunity or strategy or trick....there have been several opinions about it so far and i´m not going to add another BUT: If this kind of winning a tournament is bound to continue in the future, then it would be fair by EA to make sure, that at least a few guild mates are in each tournament list. I couldn´t have used the "exploit" even if i had wanted to, because it seems i was the only one of my guild in this special tournament group....and concerning the way the event was won by some people THIS could be called unfair ;-)

People are are moaning over this...The easiest part of this whole thing was getting into the same shard as the rest of our guild. Why is this so difficult to understand?
  • Options
    cheating period.

This guy wins. Period.

I was being facetious...

Re-read...

Ok fair enough. I can respect that view. When you put it that way your view on what I did makes perfect sense. In that case yes I sound hypocritical as fk. My intention was to be as honest and objective as possible in my view on boosting. I'm a longtime gamer and have seen it in many forms, so I feel I can be a voice of reason when looking at it from my perspective. Apparently not lol cuz I've been trolled out.

lol +1
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    tRRRey wrote: »
    RonEmpire wrote: »
    Somebody admits to exploiting. I hope EA does something about this.

Lol'd

You cant admit to an exploit when the game developer hasn't even called it one!

This is absolutely true. Any anger/frustration/whatever should be directly and only aimed at the developers. Blaming players for simply working within the confines of the rules set up by the development team is unfair.

+1 all EA had to do was say STOP...we dont condone this and violaters will be punished

The behavior would have stopped immediately. By saying what the said, they admitted it was okay this time...

I don't even think that would be sufficient. Not everybody reads the forums. They only way they can prevent or encourage in-game actions is by writing code.

This is a video game. The code that decides what happens when you click something are the rules. Anything that you can do in-game is, by definition, not against the rules; not cheating.
  • Options
    Clanomadd wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    tRRRey wrote: »
    RonEmpire wrote: »
    Somebody admits to exploiting. I hope EA does something about this.

Lol'd

You cant admit to an exploit when the game developer hasn't even called it one!

This is absolutely true. Any anger/frustration/whatever should be directly and only aimed at the developers. Blaming players for simply working within the confines of the rules set up by the development team is unfair.

+1 all EA had to do was say STOP...we dont condone this and violaters will be punished

The behavior would have stopped immediately. By saying what the said, they admitted it was okay this time...

I don't even think that would be sufficient. Not everybody reads the forums. They only way they can prevent or encourage in-game actions is by writing code.

This is a video game. The code that decides what happens when you click something are the rules. Anything that you can do in-game is, by definition, not against the rules; not cheating.

Good point...Between the mass amount of people in our guilds, I usually find out whats going on, but the same cannot be said for everyone.
  • Options
    OP dropped a troll bait and got lots of fishies.
    Good job op.
  • LV426
    14 posts Member
    Options
    LV426 wrote: »

All you did was ruin the event for other people that are taking part, and now you're coming here and admitting you cheated everyone out of a fair game.

The truth is, players, including some players that are new to the the game will feel like they have been betrayed by EA and the devs letting you do it.

I for one am annoyed more by the reaction of the development team, by not stopping the event in its tracks, I got annoyed enough to not want to spend another dime on the game after throwing a fair amount in, I went and got it all back from Apple, so now they will lose out.

With any luck they'll log your IP address and ban your account ;)

Im sure EA is really hurting without your $100...

Yeh, $100 , of course, I spent more than that on the event, $600-700 and you probably aren't far off, and I've only been playing a short time.

You can laugh, but when hundreds of players do the same they'll notice.

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    U, U, D, D, L, R, L, R, B, A Start.