Still a better lovestory than Twilight.

Love ya Shoretrooper.
  • LV426
    14 posts Member
    Options
    Loved the Event.

Still a better lovestory than Twilight.

Love ya Shoretrooper.

I don't think he's all that so far, I only got him to 5* but still not sure he's that great once 7*
  • Options
    Lmoon74 wrote: »
    ElSkkcm.jpg

I'm blown away by this thread. Guilds who were able take advantage of the defence flaw (I say flaw because ea will not let this happen again I hope) to gain gear and toons over others players goes against the spirit of the game. What you could not do honestly (with a locked defence) only stains this game.
    Pat yourselves on the back. Great job. Snuggle with those toons for Most of us actually pity you. We mock you in our thoughts. I laugh at your audacity to say we did no wrong.

I was lucky to be in a shard that didn't do this and I'm proud in spending about 500 crystals to get #13 and a 4* shore trooper.

What was the defence flaw?

Only thing i saw was that you could assign one squad to be your defence-team.

• Options
    unit900000 wrote: »
    This thread... Nicolas-Cage-Facepalm1.gif

+1
  • AbraxixVoid
    3 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I don't post much on the forums but I've been playing since launch and watching lots of posts. It's sad to see people defending themselves for abusing an unintended flaw in a system.
    This is almost as bad as guilds trading players for raids, if anyone remembers when raids first came out. Guilds could swap their players back and forth to take down the Rancor and share 2 (or more) wins between their guilds. It was so bad EA had to put a penalty on leaving a guild. I see this as a similar exploit issue, and there will be an eventual fix to permanently set a defense team.
    The fact they need to do fixes like that is just sad. Another example was the bug to collect multiple Vader shards, and raid rewards.

TL;DR
    Just because you can exploit something for your benefit, does NOT make it right
  • Ing256
    471 posts Member
    Options
    Just wondering... why if you complain about the event you get merged in the megathread and if you thank for "the great event" you get your own thread?
    @J0K3R
  • Options
    OP...Nice self-congratulatory post but it's a bit long-winded, no? Here, let's get it more succinct, yet still not lose the core message. How about?

If someone lets you, just grab 'em by the p...

...come to think of it, never mind, I'm not in your guild so I can't help you anyway.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    Yes ban everyone that took advantage of this or battled at least 1 weak def team! Let's ban 50% of the community!
    This topic is sad. People with pitchforks vs other people with pitchforks. Devs created this mess and you can hardly play this game between all the bugs and so called exploits which aren't really exploits.

An exploit was when you could get infinite DV shards because.of the allies bug.

This is a design flaw. No I don't have shoretrooper, finished #206 because I didn't care, neither should you.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    Brownie wrote: »
    danrussoa wrote: »
    Disagree. I wouldn't team up with anyone to exploit the game. The issue isn't an exploit, it's the person who tries to justify using it..........

Agree, the rewards and event were great. A few tweaks and off to the next one.

lol this guy lost all credibility. Check his post asking the devs for clarification on teaming up in arena. Apparently collusion there is an exploit also. But thats only been working that way since the game began...

Man this guy is such role model for his moral and ethical superiority, he even refused to use the retreat button in GW. What a guy! I'm
    sure everyone on the SWGOH forums is so proud of you!

You know why I play this game? To have fun. NOT to impress people I will never know or meet in real life with my superior moral compass. Guess what? Getting a shiny new 5* Shoretrooper was pretty fun. And putting him to use to help my shardmates lockout crybabies like you in arena will be even more fun!

Hopefully you find a better way to put your model citizenship to good use in the future. I can't see how exposing my apparent unethical behavior is making the world a better place...Good luck to you!

And u sir, are what's wrong with this world nowadays, making fun of ppl who have morals and ethics when in reality are a miserable 1 indeed if u can't even question ur own morals and make fun of ppl instead while feeling miserable about ur petty life at the same time. Shameshameshame.
  • Options
    So the #100 on my shard had like 4500 points. I placed outside of that, but can anyone tell me a way to place in top 100 as a f2p if you're not fighting blue teams?? Are Rex led teams with Lando, Anakin or Wiggs etc beatable with 90% of the roster?? Because that was all i was seeing in top 200. How are f2p supposed to get into top 100 without fighting blue teams on such shards?? There's like 10-15 toons in the entire game that dominate arena and until that gets fixed, everybody should be allowed to set whatever team they want in defense at whatever time!
  • Options
    Synfreak wrote: »
    So the #100 on my shard had like 4500 points. I placed outside of that, but can anyone tell me a way to place in top 100 as a f2p if you're not fighting blue teams?? Are Rex led teams with Lando, Anakin or Wiggs etc beatable with 90% of the roster?? Because that was all i was seeing in top 200. How are f2p supposed to get into top 100 without fighting blue teams on such shards?? There's like 10-15 toons in the entire game that dominate arena and until that gets fixed, everybody should be allowed to set whatever team they want in defense at whatever time!

Unless you get on a lucky shard with no whales, its unlikely you can be ftp and maintain top 100...
  • Options
    danrussoa wrote: »
    Disagree. I wouldn't team up with anyone to exploit the game. The issue isn't an exploit, it's the person who tries to justify using it..........

Agree, the rewards and event were great. A few tweaks and off to the next one.

lol this guy lost all credibility. Check his post asking the devs for clarification on teaming up in arena. Apparently collusion there is an exploit also. But thats only been working that way since the game began...

Man this guy is such role model for his moral and ethical superiority, he even refused to use the retreat button in GW. What a guy! I'm
    sure everyone on the SWGOH forums is so proud of you!

You know why I play this game? To have fun. NOT to impress people I will never know or meet in real life with my superior moral compass. Guess what? Getting a shiny new 5* Shoretrooper was pretty fun. And putting him to use to help my shardmates lockout crybabies like you in arena will be even more fun!

Hopefully you find a better way to put your model citizenship to good use in the future. I can't see how exposing my apparent unethical behavior is making the world a better place...Good luck to you!

And u sir, are what's wrong with this world nowadays, making fun of ppl who have morals and ethics when in reality are a miserable 1 indeed if u can't even question ur own morals and make fun of ppl instead while feeling miserable about ur petty life at the same time. Shameshameshame.

Yea, I'm whats wrong with the world! Not the people killing each other every day! Maybe I will just go jump off a bridge. Thanks for putting it all into perspective!
  • Options
    What if I took first in Arena then pulled some mods off so a friend could get 1st? And we conspired to do this.

Am I cheating?
  • Options
    What if I took first in Arena then pulled some mods off so a friend could get 1st? And we conspired to do this.

Am I cheating?
    If you admit to doing it...then yes.
  • Options

Am I cheating?

But your friend needs to be already in top 10 so it s not a big deal
  • Options

Am I cheating?
    If I know a company is about to make an announcement that will drastically change the value of its stock, and I conspired with a friend so they profit greatly from it, then my friend and I would go to prison.

Yes it's cheating.
  • Options

Am I cheating?
    If you admit to doing it...then yes.

But if I don't then its not?
  • Options
    Imbicatus wrote: »

Am I cheating?
    If I know a company is about to make an announcement that will drastically change the value of its stock, and I conspired with a friend so they profit greatly from it, then my friend and I would go to prison.

Yes it's cheating.

Im just trying to discern the moral line of the holyroller crowd here.

So if i demod my team because I need those mods for another area but dont collude with a friend that wouldn be cheating right?

So the line is the teamwork? So teamwork equals cheating?
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

Am I cheating?

Yes it's cheating.

Not even close to the same. Players all had the same chance to take advantage of the "loop hole". It wasn't only limited to certain players, your example only certain people know of the advantage and that is why it is insider trading.

The more I think about this and games I used to play I am coming closer to thinking that this may have been an intentional loop hole by the developers. Game developers have been doing it for a long time.

U, U, D, D, L, R, L, R, B, A, Start
  • Options

Am I cheating?

Yes it's cheating.

So if i demod my team because I need those mods for another area but dont collude with a friend that wouldn be cheating right?

Ooohwee. In the arena, you aren't both jumping ranks of other players when you do this. You are only switching ranks. Only one of you benefits from this, not both of you. You both can't do this to go from rank 100 to 1 with minimal effort.
  • Options

Am I cheating?

Yes it's cheating.

Oh good lord. Everyone STOP with any going to prison comparison! There isn't anything illegal about anything that happened here. No one is going to prison so any comparison that uses that narrative is off base.
  • Options

Am I cheating?

Yes it's cheating.

Ooohwee. In the arena, you aren't both jumping ranks of other players when you do this. You are only switching ranks. Only one of you benefits from this, not both of you. You both can't do this to go from rank 100 to 1 with minimal effort.

If you have different payout times you both can absolutely benefit from this. I remove a mod for you you help me lockout a player during my payout time. Seems like a fair trade. I could then put my mod back on and lock out someone for my friend.

Think outside the box guys. There are 100s of workarounds in this game.

Next thing I am going to here is that its wrong to NOT attack someone during their payout time when having a different payout time. Colluding with an opponent to avoid each other at certain times. Thats working together for each others benefit. That happens on every single shard. This must be an exploit also right?!

I'll say it again. Everyone here will have differing opinions on everything. The one extreme guy refuses to use retreat in GW. Do you all agree with him that thats an exploit too?

Please don't report me to the authorities. I don't think I can handle Gamer's Prison. I hear they force you to play Candy Crush.
  • Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    tRRRey wrote: »
    RonEmpire wrote: »
    Somebody admits to exploiting. I hope EA does something about this.

Lol'd

You cant admit to an exploit when the game developer hasn't even called it one!

This is absolutely true. Any anger/frustration/whatever should be directly and only aimed at the developers. Blaming players for simply working within the confines of the rules set up by the development team is unfair.

OK. But we can certainly blame/call out players for being snarky, rude, condescending, and rub-it-in-your-face-I-got-what-you-wanted-and-you-didn't mean. Being kind and compasionate is more important than being a winner (if you don't already know of it google the example of Abbey D’Agostino) ... a lesson better learned earlier in life than later.
  • Options
    its like the Pope.. using condoms is not Encouraged but youre not going to hell for it

The masses dont get to make their own morality judgements..

So listen to Pope jesse and stop with the million interpretions of right and wrong
  • Options

Am I cheating?

Yes it's cheating.

If you have different payout times you both can absolutely benefit from this. I remove a mod for you you help me lockout a player during my payout time. Seems like a fair trade. I could then put my mod back on and lock out someone for my friend.

Think outside the box guys. There are 100s of workarounds in this game.

Next thing I am going to here is that its wrong to NOT attack someone during their payout time when having a different payout time. Colluding with an opponent to avoid each other at certain times. Thats working together for each others benefit. That happens on every single shard. This must be an exploit also right?!

I'll say it again. Everyone here will have differing opinions on everything. The one extreme guy refuses to use retreat in GW. Do you all agree with him that thats an exploit too?

Please don't report me to the authorities. I don't think I can handle Gamer's Prison. I hear they force you to play Candy Crush.

Colluding in arena is chicken poo poo imo. I slug it out with plenty of Mo Liza guys and usually finish top four, and have never ONCE asked for help.........

Looking bigger picture here, federal prison is full of plenty of guys who were "winners" that could justify using all the angles......lol. I am not insinuating this game will land anyone in jail. I do know that people are who they are and if they will cheat on. Phone game, I probably wouldn't have much time for them in other aspects of life.

Flame away. I won't change my opinion because someone yells or trolls or continues to argue.

Oh, as far as retreat goes, it is avIlable and a personal decision to not alter the RNG by retreating until I get a favorable roll.
  • Options
    Wetwurx wrote: »
    First let me start by saying this is indeed a sincere thank you and congratulations to EA and CG on a fantastic fun filled 3 day event.

Was this Tournament perfect in its delivery or execution? No. Did it finally do what this game has lacked since the start of guilds? Yes. With the exception of Raids where you jointly play albeit separately from your guild mates, this tournament finally delivered an aspect to this game that I and I'm sure many others have been wanting. This tournament allowed you to play with your guild brothers and sisters towards mutual benefit. After all if you can't work jointly to attain better rewards whilst denying them to others what is the point of a guild? I certainly want my guild mates to get better gear, materials and shards drops than some random from Joe Schmo guild. And before you judge, we all fought our way to the top on day one of the event solo. We utilized teamwork to stay there. That's what smart team players do.

For those of you that took umbrage to the use of teamwork and say exploit, I say sour grapes. After all if you had managed to find a way to team up with a guild mate you would have. But since you couldn't, you say exploit and cheat.

I and one of my guild mates both got a 6 star ShoreTrooper and 3 others got him at 5 and 4 stars with some pretty awesome loot to go with. This was the most exciting, fun filled and intense 3 days since I started playing this game in November.

So once again thanks for the fun event. I look forward to its return and other such events. Although I'm sure they will be somewhat differently structured and delivered than this one was, that's fine. We will endeavor to do our best and have fun with this game we love and guild mates that have become great friends over these many months.

Let the hate, discontent and flaming begin.

I think EA/CG and team may have stumbled onto a unique game feature that has tremendous playability and interaction among guild members. Definitely something to look at and try to replicate purposefully next time around. I was privey to all the LINE dialog related to the tourny, and boy was it intense, exciting, captivating. In short, it was wonderful, and I too thank EA/CG for how the tourny played out, despite the fact I had no alliance myself in the tourny. It made me dream of what swgoh could be, and that's awesome.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options
    ^
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse

I have no skin in the Shoretrooper game either way. All I have is one multi-pronged question:

It is my understanding that in order for guildmates to all end up on the same shard the trick was for everyone to set their defense squad at the exact same time. It put players into brackets based on when they set defense. (Is this accurate?)

How did anybody know to do that, was this publicly stated beforehand to the swgoh community at large in a tournament-related Announcement? And if not, then where did the intel originate as it appears that only a handful of guilds were privy?
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse

I have no skin in the Shoretrooper game either way. All I have is one multi-pronged question:

It is my understanding that in order for guildmates to all end up on the same shard the trick was for everyone to set their defense squad at the exact same time. It put players into brackets based on when they set defense. (Is this accurate?)

How did anybody know to do that, was this publicly stated beforehand to the swgoh community at large in a tournament-related Announcement? And if not, then where did the intel originate as it appears that only a handful of guilds were privy?

No one was privy to any intel. We decided on the off chance that if we all joined at the exact same time we would end up in the same bracket. It was a guess. A correct one as it turned out. We also intentionally waited to join 2.5 hours after the tournament started. Knowing that the biggest "whales" as many call them would not be able to stand not joining as soon as possible. Another good guess.

So there was no secret intel or treachery. Just some intuition and planning.

• Options
    Wetwurx wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse

No one was privy to any intel. We decided on the off chance that if we all joined at the exact same time we would end up in the same bracket. It was a guess. A correct one as it turned out. We also intentionally waited to join 2.5 hours after the tournament started. Knowing that the biggest "whales" as many call them would not be able to stand not joining as soon as possible. Another good guess.

So there was no secret intel or treachery. Just some intuition and planning.

thats really interesting. the timezones had to trump that too though, meaning i would think everyone needed to be in one of the three big zones.

wonder what it would look like to join at say 23 hours into it