Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    i now dread the levl increase and new raid, it is the next race to the top
    113637-I-have-a-bad-feeling-about-thi-bFzy.gif
  • Options
    It's not arena power, my arena power is around 35k (developing Wiggs) But my node 12 is consistently around 45 K, that would be around 128% - node 12 is reported to be 112%
  • StarSon
    7521 posts Member
    Options
    djvita wrote: »
    its arena power, and expect it to get harder after lvl 85 is activated and even more when the new raid is released (and chewie/ani can get to g12)

There is significantly more evidence that it is top 5, not arena power: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/58770/deconstructing-the-galactic-war-power-curve-a-detailed-look/p1

But again, they won't tell us, so it's all guesswork.
  • Options
    its arena power ...

KLVlsLY.gif
  • Options
    Maybe it's how many characters you have at max gear. Maybe after you max 5 toons you get an easy node 12
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    Before the update to the power calculation, I had the easy N12 for about a week. Then the update dropped the hard N12 back on me.

For reference, your opponents are based on a % of your power (whether it's arena, top 5, or some other number is still unknown). So when your power level hits a point that no one on your shard can match the %, you get the easy node. I believe that N12 was set at 125% of your power. Someone had a nice workup of the different % per node. Possibly searching for it you can find the info.
  • ARCTrooperFives
    737 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @Kyno
    I understand that you get other hard nodes, but I also get hard ones at 6, 9, 10(sort of), 11, AND 12. You get a free pass on the hardest one, which is unfair. I can't wait for the day where I also get an easy node, but it shouldn't be there in the first place. I've also heard of guys having it easy at 9 and 11 also, which is completely unfair.
  • Options
    its not arena power. its top 5. i noticed that my easy 12 came back afrer my top 5 went over 43k
  • StarSon
    7521 posts Member
    Options
    My easy node was back today. 42,842 for my top 5.
  • Options
    Wookash wrote: »
    Since the tourney I have each day the same 12 node team, forgot the name of guy but his team consists of Chewie L, 5s, NI, FOST, SF. It is really annoying and time consuming.

Same for me. Every day!
    My arena power is over 43k.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    its arena power ...

KLVlsLY.gif

My thoughts exactly. GW matching power is determined by your top five characters in terms of power. For you doubters, track it and get back to us. The rates from my tracking are:
    Node 1:58%
    Node 2: 60%
    Node 3: 68%
    Node 4: 59%
    Node 5: 60%
    Node 6: 92%
    Node 7: 74%
    Node 8: 75%
    Node 9: 97%
    Node 10: 83%
    Node 11: 101%
    Node 12: 112%
    Your individual results will likely vary by a little bit. I see a small amount of variance on a daily basis. I've been tracking since July 2. I also capture the characters I face which, quite honestly, is more interesting than these numbers.
  • Options
    Either way, arena or top 5, after level cap increase, I expect to have not a easy node 12 anymore
    Then, GW will be back to be a painful/frustrating and time consuming chore more to do, instead of a fun part of the game where you can enjoy a nice challenge and where you can practice squads and combinations. Not really looking forward to it. I like challenge, but not a extremely difficult chore every single day.
  • Goldy
    254 posts Member
    Options
    I didn't get the easy nodes 11 n 12 until AFTER I put my top 5 in to Arena and won, so I'm thinking that's it
  • Options
    its arena power ...

KLVlsLY.gif

My thoughts exactly. GW matching power is determined by your top five characters in terms of power. For you doubters, track it and get back to us. The rates from my tracking are:
    Node 1:58%
    Node 2: 60%
    Node 3: 68%
    Node 4: 59%
    Node 5: 60%
    Node 6: 92%
    Node 7: 74%
    Node 8: 75%
    Node 9: 97%
    Node 10: 83%
    Node 11: 101%
    Node 12: 112%
    Your individual results will likely vary by a little bit. I see a small amount of variance on a daily basis. I've been tracking since July 2. I also capture the characters I face which, quite honestly, is more interesting than these numbers.

Now that s something i can work with. Thanks.
    That s why i keep a few teams about same level, and dont farm one super team. Whenever the difference between my top team and the others gets bigger, gw gets harder.

Didnt measure or keep record, gut feeling.

• Options
    its arena power ...

KLVlsLY.gif

1. 58%
    2. 60%
    3. 68%
    4. 59%
    5. 60%
    6. 92%
    7. 74%
    8. 75%
    9. 97%
    10. 83%
    11. 101%
    12. 112%

Very, very similar numbers. Mine used to look just like yours, but it is (very) slowly creeping up. I don't really track it anymore, though. Takes too long.cpTVdr6.png
  • Options
    Heh, my Palps resisted a stun from Raid Han on today's 6th node, but they were no match for me after my AoE stun. Shame I had to fight two Dooku-led squads though, those dodges are horribly frustrating. I'm glad they don't pop up often in my campaigns.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • Options
    its arena power ...

KLVlsLY.gif

1. 58%
    2. 60%
    3. 68%
    4. 59%
    5. 60%
    6. 92%
    7. 74%
    8. 75%
    9. 97%
    10. 83%
    11. 101%
    12. 112%

Very, very similar numbers. Mine used to look just like yours, but it is (very) slowly creeping up. I don't really track it anymore, though. Takes too long.cpTVdr6.png

Yes, this close the debate about what determines the GW squads power and how to get easy nodes.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    When net next update hits, you best believe i pre-laod all my characters with TM. Probably gonna face some whale teams again at node 12. New gear tier and lvl 85, finally challenging agian ;)
    (or i'm wrong and i'll keep that easy node and pre-load TM to beat stuart greenback)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    its arena power ...

KLVlsLY.gif

I believe it to be arena power, too. The reason people have their easy 12th node disappear is because top arena teams power keep increasing thus having an affect on your 12th node calculation.

I got easy nodes 12 and 11, and one day my node 11 got hard out of no where. Well I had a gw refresh the same day my node 11 changed. So, before I hit refresh I loaded my top 5 power toons I had at the time which was rg, 5s, teebo, ani and qgj in arena and managed to win the match. It jumped my arena power by 600. Then I went to gw and hit refresh. Low and behold my node 11 was easy again.
  • Options
    My node 11 has been hard again for a couple weeks now cause power levels have changed. I know I can take my top 5 most power toons to arena and get an easy node 11 again. But since I have three great squads I don't do it cause I like the challenge of the 11th node.
  • Options
    darkensoul wrote: »
    its arena power ...

KLVlsLY.gif

I believe it to be arena power, too. The reason people have their easy 12th node disappear is because top arena teams power keep increasing thus having an affect on your 12th node calculation.

I got easy nodes 12 and 11, and one day my node 11 got hard out of no where. Well I had a gw refresh the same day my node 11 changed. So, before I hit refresh I loaded my top 5 power toons I had at the time which was rg, 5s, teebo, ani and qgj in arena and managed to win the match. It jumped my arena power by 600. Then I went to gw and hit refresh. Low and behold my node 11 was easy again.

But how do you know that you wouldn't have gotten the easy N11 when you refreshed GW if you hadn't increased your arena power? You didn't employ the scientific method to arrive at your conclusion.
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    its arena power ...

KLVlsLY.gif

But how do you know that you wouldn't have gotten the easy N11 when you refreshed GW if you hadn't increased your arena power? You didn't employ the scientific method to arrive at your conclusion.

I thought of that. However I have no other explination. Now that I have a hard node 11 for weeks. I can save today's gw and test it tomorrow. I will go through gw, then change my arena squad, then refresh and clear again. If the node has changed, I'd say it's safe to say that arena is the reason
  • Options
    And iirc, it's been awhile. I had an easy node 12 for awhile, and how I got an easy node 11 is by employing the same tactic. I put my highest possible power team in arena to get an easy node 11. One day it changed to a hard node 11 as mentioned above, cause people are constantly pushing the limits of power in arena thus changing my calculation, so I put my then higher team back in garena giving me an easy node 11 again. I'll test all this tomorrow. My memory is a little foggy but I'm pretty sure that's what happened.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    its arena power ...

KLVlsLY.gif

I thought of that. However I have no other explination. Now that I have a hard node 11 for weeks. I can save today's gw and test it tomorrow. I will go through gw, then change my arena squad, then refresh and clear again. If the node has changed, I'd say it's safe to say that arena is the reason

The explanation is you're right on the bubble. Your top 5 power at the time was right on the edge of being able to find a suitable target. Some in my guild who use the same arena team daily get the glitch on 12 some days, but not on others.

Besides the fact that people have charted their GW, done the math, and proven it is based off of top 5 toon power, there is also the fact that a dev said on reddit it is top 5 toon power. The mystery has been laid to rest long ago.
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I could be wrong. Im not arguing the point. Simply stating my experience. And I thought the dev said highest power ever used in arena.

Edit: my gw never 'bounces' around. I get the same gw every day. So tomorrow should be a good test. I'll report back.
  • Options
    I lost my easy 12 with that update that changed the power calculations. I doubt I will ever see it again.
  • Options
    It may have been arena power at some point, but it was changed. The dev (capgasp i think) specifically stated that was not arena power, but top 5 toon power.
  • Options
    Wookash wrote: »
    Since the tourney I have each day the same 12 node team, forgot the name of guy but his team consists of Chewie L, 5s, NI, FOST, SF. It is really annoying and time consuming.

Yes my guild mates are posting pictures of the same. The guy's name is Skysomething. I assume this is the team with most power (as in power rating, not hardest to beat) in the whole Star Wars universe.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    You need to boost your arena power to get those easy nodes... I get them on 9, 11 and 12 every GW now
  • Options
    You should probably make some sort of effort to fix your game. Don't you think?